[MOD] 4.0.4 Black MMS

Search This thread

open1your1eyes0

Dec 13, 2010
New York City
Just wanted to post this courtesy of another member. :)

Download Here

Screenshots: 1, 2, 3

Everything confirmed working, sending/receiving both SMS and MMS.

Must be on deodexed ROM.
  • Stop your current Messaging app by going under Settings > Apps > "All" tab.
  • Find Messaging, open, "Force Stop".
  • Use Root Explorer or another app to delete or rename MMS.apk located in /system/app.
  • Then replace it with the MMS.apk from the link above.
Enjoy. :)

Last edited:

artvandelay440

Feb 8, 2011
Was Curt having issues trying to port his to 4.0.4? Same screenshots, so i assume this is his mod.

Last edited:

spyz88

Oct 28, 2008
Is this only for the LTE Galaxy Nexus only or will it work on my GSM one also?

open1your1eyes0

Dec 13, 2010
New York City
Was Curt having issues trying to port his to 4.0.4? Same screenshots, so i assume this is his mod.

This is his mod for 4.0.2 modded by another user to 4.0.4. Everything confirmed working so far.

thank you for your hard work. can i ask for a true black version? please and thank you

Unfortunately, this is not my mod but if you point me to a true black MMS already out, I will see if the user is interested in modding it for 4.0.4.

Is this only for the LTE Galaxy Nexus only or will it work on my GSM one also?

This has only been tested on Verizon's Galaxy Nexus so far since it is 4.0.4 build based. You can always try and see if it works, very easy to revert.

jameslfc5

Sep 27, 2009
Has curt stopped developing or something?

EDIT- found it, he's the daddy!

Last edited:

MattSkeet

Sep 9, 2010
Derby
Thing is I want gradient background hate pure black it just doesn't fit anywhere

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

Matt_TX

Sep 25, 2008
How do you change the default contact / caller ID pic as shown? I hate the "Evil Snowman" that's there by default and would prefer a little blue droid as shown.

I know I can update each contact, but I want to do this globally for all my contacts that don't have a pic.

Help much appreciated...

artvandelay440

Feb 8, 2011
How do you change the default contact / caller ID pic as shown? I hate the "Evil Snowman" that's there by default and would prefer a little blue droid as shown.

I know I can update each contact, but I want to do this globally for all my contacts that don't have a pic.

Help much appreciated...

Look for ic_contact_picture.png in drawable xhdpi folder and change it to whatever.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Just wanted to post this courtesy of another member. :)

Download Here

Screenshots: 1, 2, 3

Everything confirmed working, sending/receiving both SMS and MMS.

Must be on deodexed ROM.
    • Stop your current Messaging app by going under Settings > Apps > "All" tab.
    • Find Messaging, open, "Force Stop".
    • Use Root Explorer or another app to delete or rename MMS.apk located in /system/app.
    • Then replace it with the MMS.apk from the link above.
    Enjoy. :)
    Does this mms app support and have emoji like the stock one on AOKP build 40? Thanks