USB OTG Host Mode

Search This thread

jameslfc5

Sep 27, 2009
Do HTC devices have this?

My S2 and Galaxy nexus did so not sure if it is just a Samsung thing ?

Thanks

Sent from my aokp_tenderloin using Tapatalk

S

shaky156

Definitely, htc one x has usb host mode

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

S

shaky156

I cant tell much about usb host, i havent looked @ it yet

In this review they said the three ONEs has USB OTG.
ww.gottabemobile.com/2012/02/27/in-depth-hands-on-htc-one-x-and-sense-4-0-video/

So...waiting for a vídeo for a full confirmation

Enviado desde mi HTC Desire usando Tapatalk

Humpe

Sep 30, 2007
Does this means I can connect a SD/CF cardreader to the HOX to empty my digital camera while on holiday and send the pictures back home (With FTP or whatever)?

Hampa_D

Jun 20, 2010
Does this means I can connect a SD/CF cardreader to the HOX to empty my digital camera while on holiday and send the pictures back home (With FTP or whatever)?

i use a eye-fi card (in the camera) for that and its a breeze. from the camera to the phone to a shared album on lets say picasa and the folks back home sees the pictures almost instant

Humpe

Sep 30, 2007
i use a eye-fi card (in the camera) for that and its a breeze. from the camera to the phone to a shared album on lets say picasa and the folks back home sees the pictures almost instant

A very interesting solution that could work for my compact camera, but I need a solution for my Canon 7D as well, which use CF, and also 8GB isn't enough. So I still would love to be able to connect a card reader to my phone to be able to send the original files to a secure place when I'm on the field.

l3ft3r1s

Mar 24, 2008
Athens
A very interesting solution that could work for my compact camera, but I need a solution for my Canon 7D as well, which use CF, and also 8GB isn't enough. So I still would love to be able to connect a card reader to my phone to be able to send the original files to a secure place when I'm on the field.

so, card reader --> female usb to male micro usb adapter --> one x
does this sound correct? do we need anything else (hardware or software)?

S

shaky156

As far as I know, there will be no USB OTG. It would be interesting, if its just hardware related or if some DEVs can make it possible with some other Kernel or software.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using XDA

Whats your opinion based off?
Unless htc remove it on purpose from the stock device, one x will support 110% OTG

putti71

S

shaky156

I looked for the technical Details, for ex. here:
http://www.inside-handy.de/handys/htc_one-x/2624_allgemein.html

There you go under USB otg.

I have HTC Sensation and this device also does not offer this.

Hmm thats weird, cause ive lookef @ code written by nvidea, and tegra3 definitely supports usb otg 110% hence why i said itll be supported unless htc remove it on purpose.
Sensation most likely supports usb otg, sensation xl does, evo
3d does (thanks to chad.goodman), hd2 does, afaik desire does too
The functions there, just depends if htc include it :)

putti71

Hmm thats weird, cause ive lookef @ code written by nvidea, and tegra3 definitely supports usb otg 110% hence why i said itll be supported unless htc remove it on purpose.
Sensation most likely supports usb otg, sensation xl does, evo
3d does (thanks to chad.goodman), hd2 does, afaik desire does too
The functions there, just depends if htc include it :)

If htc Sensation would support USB otg, why cant i find any thread on xda? I searched whole Sensation thread.

S

shaky156

If htc Sensation would support USB otg, why cant i find any thread on xda? I searched whole Sensation thread.

Pls look at show-p kernel development thread on the sensation forum, have a look @ his changelog, from kernel 3.0 and onwards, on sensation stock otg doesnt work, with custom kernel itll most likely work
I myself was going to bring usb otg to desire hd (msm7x30 soc device) i chose to leave development on dhd, so didnt finish otg as it was a WIP

A thread about usb-otg doesnt need to be created to have that feature :p

putti71

Pls look at show-p kernel development thread on the sensation forum, have a look @ his changelog, from kernel 3.0 and onwards, on sensation stock otg doesnt work, with custom kernel itll most likely work
I myself was going to bring usb otg to desire hd (msm7x30 soc device) i chose to leave development on dhd, so didnt finish otg as it was a WIP

A thread about usb-otg doesnt need to be created to have that feature :p

Can you post a link to this Kernel, please.

Top Liked Posts