How much does a replacement HTC One cost?

Search This thread

LibertyMarine

Sep 26, 2013
I just followed what you said here in this thread.

ok... then enter this command

Code:
fastboot erase cache

and boot into the recovery using the buttons on your phone...
select BOOTLOADER press power button
and there select
RECOVERY
and press the powerbutton

What the other guy said... it's correct... but it's not relevant anymore... thanks anyways!

---------- Post added at 02:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:25 AM ----------

should I type that now?

yes type it now... type it as many times as you want to... only once is needed actually :)

TynanV

Feb 1, 2014
ok... then enter this command

Code:
fastboot erase cache

and boot into the recovery using the buttons on your phone...
select BOOTLOADER press power button
and there select
RECOVERY
and press the powerbutton

What the other guy said... it's correct... but it's not relevant anymore... thanks anyways!

---------- Post added at 02:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:25 AM ----------

yes type it now... type it as many times as you want to... only once is needed actually :)

Okay, I did that. I still ended up on this screen though. http://www.tech-recipes.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/twrp-recovery-294x500.jpg

LibertyMarine

Sep 26, 2013

ahaaaaa, you were already there from the beginning on? OMFG... WE WASTED OVER 2 HOURS :crying: D:

ok, now just come to my guide thread linked in my signature... and we can save some time.... I really need to sleep... its 2 AM in the morning here !

Start in my guide by downloading one of the roms listed below "No matching and working ROM.zip? No Problem"
I recommand "HTC Sense ROM JellyBean 4.3:" just download it.....

And then... go to the last section:

"Bootloop, No OS, Totally f*cked up OS? No Problem"
And follow every step carefully ! now you may get some problems... you just need to answer this thread and I'll help you... NO need to quote there !

TynanV

Feb 1, 2014
ahaaaaa, you were already there from the beginning on? OMFG... WE WASTED OVER 2 HOURS :crying: D:

ok, now just come to my guide thread linked in my signature... and we can save some time.... I really need to sleep... its 2 AM in the morning here !

Start in my guide by downloading one of the roms listed below "No matching and working ROM.zip? No Problem"
I recommand "HTC Sense ROM JellyBean 4.3:" just download it.....

And then... go to the last section:

"Bootloop, No OS, Totally f*cked up OS? No Problem"
And follow every step carefully ! now you may get some problems... you just need to answer this thread and I'll help you... NO need to quote there !

That's what I said in my first post im stuck between recovery mode and twrp mode :crying:

LibertyMarine

Sep 26, 2013
That's what I said in my first post im stuck between recovery mode and twrp mode :crying:

no.... if you are in that screen you are not stuck between ... then you are in the normal recovery mode ...
anyways... we have a recovery and that's good !

edit:
just follow this guide here... the steps I wrote before... if you get issues.. I'll answer tomorrow... I go to bed now.. sorry !

Last edited:

TynanV

Feb 1, 2014
no.... if you are in that screen you are not stuck between ... then you are in the normal recovery mode ...
anyways... we have a recovery and that's good !

edit:
just follow this guide here... the steps I wrote before... if you get issues.. I'll answer tomorrow... I go to bed now.. sorry !

Did the steps. Seemed to work, but I can't find the file in TWRP. This is a screenshot of the code that came up.

LibertyMarine

Sep 26, 2013
Did the steps. Seemed to work, but I can't find the file in TWRP. This is a screenshot of the code that came up.

i didn't work because the path is wrong again... because I won't have internet .... I have to write now what you have to do... if you follow carefully, it will work.

1) Enter the recovery on your device, this is the TWRP thing
2) Plug your phone into the PC Mac
3) Open a window in the terminal
4) enter
Code:
cd Desktop
5) Copy the rom_name.zip to your Desktop and rename it to "rom.zip"
6) Go back to the terminal and enter this command to ensure you have a working adb connection:
Code:
adb devices
7) The output will show a number and "recovery" next to the number
8) Now enter this command:
Code:
adb push rom.zip /data/media/0/rom.zip
Make sure you don't forget ANY spaces !
9) Now, in the recovery, choose install and select the rom you should've just copied and install/flash it.
After that make a factory reset, the standart when chosing wipe in TWRP.
You should find it directly... if you don't do the following thing:
Press the previoud folder button at the top of the screen until you are in the deepest folder... now select
data -> data -> media -> 0 -> rom.zip -> flash/install

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Tried rooting my phone, have never done it before (really stupid on my part) and now I can't even get into the phone, all I can do is access a recovery mode and a TWRP mode whatever that is. Looked up how to unroot it but my Mac doesn't even recognize my phone so it's pointless. Anyways, how much does it cost to replace a "broken" HTC One? Is it the price of an unlocked one or what? I'm currently on year 1 of my 3 year plan..

try following this guide and ask there in the comments if you have a problem... your problem is easy fixed! no need to worry about buying a replacement...

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2632736

edit:
    TWRP and recovery is the same mode.. actually TWRP is a special kind of recovery... it's a custom one with WAY more options than a stock one...

edit_2:
    saw that you have a mac... I don't know how to troubleshoot the connection there... do you have a mate with a windows ? you really need windows so that i can help you..
    If you have one here are the instruction on how to install fastboot and adb on a windows:
    http://dottech.org/21534/how-to-ins...ows-computer-for-use-with-your-android-phone/
    Well I've done the installation of fastboot and adb on my Mac (found a guide for it) but there's a step in the guide that requires my Mac to recognize my phone. It doesn't because I don't think "usb debugging" is on. No idea how to do that.

you can enter fastboot (bootloader) right? and twrp, recovery .... they don't need usb debugging enabled.... if you have a windows... try it there otherwise I just can't help you... SORRY!
    This is bootloader right? http://img.wonderhowto.com/img/20/61/63506304748072/0/unlock-your-bootloader-root-your-htc-one-install-custom-recovery-using-twrp.w654.jpg Yes I can access it. No windows PCs in my house though.:crying: Is there a Mac section on this forum?

yeah this is bootloader... now you selected fastboot... press the powerbutton...

After you did it... plug your phone in to your mac...

There should be written FASTBOOT USB with red color behind...
    if that's the case... try

Code:
    fastboot devices

and hope your device gets recognized

edit: a punched thanks button would be highly appreciated ;)
    yeah this is bootloader... now you selected fastboot... press the powerbutton...

After you did it... plug your phone in to your mac...

There should be written FASTBOOT USB with red color behind...
    if that's the case... try

Code:
    fastboot devices

and hope your device gets recognized

edit: a punched thanks button would be highly appreciated ;)

Gave you 3 thanks now :) Yeah it says fastboot usb with the red highlighting. Where do I type fastboot devices? In terminal?
    Gave you 3 thanks now :) Yeah it says fastboot usb with the red highlighting. Where do I type fastboot devices? In terminal?

Thanks !
    Yes,,...
    Code:
    fastboot devices
    should be typed in terminal. If you didn't install fastboot or adb, do that here:...
    Since i (unfortunately) don't know how to set up fastboot and adb on mac... you need to follow this guide here:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1917237

For me it looks very easy to follow... and if you did that.... just call me with a @LibertyMarine mention... so I can provide further help... I think we can do that..! :)