[Q] Error when installing kitkat update

Search This thread

Paulitics

Feb 9, 2013
Howard Lake
This is a repost from the 4.4 discussion thread, I decided it would be more appropriate to ask here.

I still can't update. I've tried 4 times now (each time I have to re-download the update, it's super annoying). Each time I've tried, it fails at 27% and it just says error. After the reboot, it will say can't install update, please update using a computer (kies) or go to the nearest samsung center.

I really don't want to have to factory reset. I've tried clearing cache and making it as factory settings as possible, but still nothing. I'm completely stock, not rooted with official device status... What the hell samsung? Also, I downloaded the latest kies and it says my firmware is up to date, so that's not gonna work.

Any advice? Thanks!

Sent from my SM-N900P using xda app-developers app

rpenrod23

Jan 6, 2009
Midwest
This is a repost from the 4.4 discussion thread, I decided it would be more appropriate to ask here.

I still can't update. I've tried 4 times now (each time I have to re-download the update, it's super annoying). Each time I've tried, it fails at 27% and it just says error. After the reboot, it will say can't install update, please update using a computer (kies) or go to the nearest samsung center.

I really don't want to have to factory reset. I've tried clearing cache and making it as factory settings as possible, but still nothing. I'm completely stock, not rooted with official device status... What the hell samsung? Also, I downloaded the latest kies and it says my firmware is up to date, so that's not gonna work.

Any advice? Thanks!

Assuming you are attempting to d/l the update via WiFi, correct?

Something else to try is clearing data for (I believe) Google Framework and re-attempting the update. This worked on my son's S3.

Reactions: Paulitics

Paulitics

Feb 9, 2013
Howard Lake

Something else to try is clearing data for (I believe) Google Framework and re-attempting the update. This worked on my son's S3.

Yep, I'm downloading over wifi, but I can try clearing data for Google play services. Thanks! I'll let you know if it works.

JSnively

Mar 14, 2008
Yep, I'm downloading over wifi, but I can try clearing data for Google play services. Thanks! I'll let you know if it works.

Paulitics,

Did you ever root your phone? I only rooted my to do the hot spot hack then unrooted mine is also failing at 27%.

insane209

Nov 20, 2012
Modesto, ca

Any advice? Thanks!

This thread might help:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2653624

Paulitics,

Did you ever root your phone? I only rooted my to do the hot spot hack then unrooted mine is also failing at 27%.

Sent from Sprint Galaxy Note 3 using Tapatalk

Paulitics

Feb 9, 2013
Howard Lake
Paulitics,

Actually, I did at one point I was rooted, but I unrooted and factory reset. My device says official, but it's probably not good enough for an ota update to pass. I plan on flashing mj4 later using Odin and factory resetting to get completely stock.

Reactions: JSnively

hareofthedog

Dec 24, 2010
That would be wise. Simply unrooting by itself doesn't take you to bone stock IF the reason you rooted in the first place was to, say, debloat or otherwise hack some functionality onto this bad boy.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Any advice? Thanks!

Paulitics,

Any advice? Thanks!

This thread might help:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2653624

Paulitics,

Sent from Sprint Galaxy Note 3 using Tapatalk
    Paulitics,

Actually, I did at one point I was rooted, but I unrooted and factory reset. My device says official, but it's probably not good enough for an ota update to pass. I plan on flashing mj4 later using Odin and factory resetting to get completely stock.