Accessories for Iconia A700

Search This thread

acdcking12345

Mar 17, 2011
I love my Acer A700. But this is also the first tablet that I have purchased at release..

I want a second charger. How hard is it to simply offer accessory parts. Especially when all I want is a second charger.

Is it really hard for anybody to sell them? or will that change as they have been out awhile?

Last edited:

ninjaw

Jul 9, 2006
Paris
The product described on the link is a 5v adapter.
The OEM charger that comes with the tablet is 12v.

As we said several times, a non standard 12V special plug
I spoke yesterday with a professional store, he told me 5V+2A charger may work a litlle more faster but will still be bad and dangerous. For the guy that mentioned this too.

acdcking12345

Mar 17, 2011
As we said several times, a non standard 12V special plug
I spoke yesterday with a professional store, he told me 5V+2A charger may work a litlle more faster but will still be bad and dangerous. For the guy that mentioned this too.

So pardon my ignorance, but does that mean the product I linked too up above is not going to work, even though it states it will?

Jun 26, 2012
My Review of the Poetic Case for A700

I bought the Poetic case for my new A700. I'm an XDA noob so I can't post the link. However you will find that link in another post in this forum.

1. The case if a bit flimsy. I get that it needs to be flexible to be able to contort to be used as a stand, but when I open the case to use the tablet it seems to weak. A better design would have been to include the stand directly in back and embedded into the case that you could pull out.

2. When the case is closed the hand strap rests on top of the glass. The soft felt-like material touches the glass but so does the stretchy band. I don't like that, even if the tablet has great glass.

3. The three ridges on which the tablet sits against when deployed are not very substantial. The tablet sits okay, but it seems like the tablet wants to suddenly scoot off the ridge.

4. There is a stretchy band on the inside cover to (I'm assuming) hold papers. Those papers would then sit up against the glass. Again, I don't like that.

5. The underside of the case has a cut-out for the camera. I understand why this is, so you can take pictures while the tab is in the case. But it also exposes the camera lens to the elements and to potential scratches. I take extra care of my electronics, but you never know.

Overall, I guess if you're looking for a cheap case for your tablet this will fit the bill. After all, it's only $14.95. But I think back to the time I bought a new motorcycle (street) helmet. The sales guy told me, "How much is your head worth? If it's worth $100 for a low-end helmet, get that. If it's worth the high-end $500 helmet, get that." Good point.

I'll be looking for a more substantial protection for my tablet, but I'll keep this one as a back-up.

Reactions: Thats OK

ninjaw

Jul 9, 2006
Paris
So pardon my ignorance, but does that mean the product I linked too up above is not going to work, even though it states it will?

Actually your link never worked with me, couldn't tell with precision. All we know is with all the test ppl did on xda, it's clearly impossible to charge correctly with USB, and 5V.

ninjaw

Jul 9, 2006
Paris
Sometimes, the new case has the problem. it will be strong enough When you use it about 1 week.
Dont know if you like the Rotating case or Slim-fit case. My suggestion is to get one Slim-Fit case. I have one with my Iconia A500. 1 year later, until now,the case remain stong... :)

As i said before I have an amazing slim rotative case for A500, very light and strong, I'm looking for the same thing.

http://www.amazon.com/DURAGADGET-Degree-Rotating-Iconia-Tablet/dp/B0057WU5UG

viplogo

May 22, 2012
Bayern
www.365gate.com
I bought the Poetic case for my new A700. I'm an XDA noob so I can't post the link. However you will find that link in another post in this forum.

1. The case if a bit flimsy. I get that it needs to be flexible to be able to contort to be used as a stand, but when I open the case to use the tablet it seems to weak. A better design would have been to include the stand directly in back and embedded into the case that you could pull out.

2. When the case is closed the hand strap rests on top of the glass. The soft felt-like material touches the glass but so does the stretchy band. I don't like that, even if the tablet has great glass.

3. The three ridges on which the tablet sits against when deployed are not very substantial. The tablet sits okay, but it seems like the tablet wants to suddenly scoot off the ridge.

4. There is a stretchy band on the inside cover to (I'm assuming) hold papers. Those papers would then sit up against the glass. Again, I don't like that.

5. The underside of the case has a cut-out for the camera. I understand why this is, so you can take pictures while the tab is in the case. But it also exposes the camera lens to the elements and to potential scratches. I take extra care of my electronics, but you never know.

Overall, I guess if you're looking for a cheap case for your tablet this will fit the bill. After all, it's only $14.95. But I think back to the time I bought a new motorcycle (street) helmet. The sales guy told me, "How much is your head worth? If it's worth $100 for a low-end helmet, get that. If it's worth the high-end $500 helmet, get that." Good point.

I'll be looking for a more substantial protection for my tablet, but I'll keep this one as a back-up.

http://www.365gate.com/product-305.html it is a 360 degrees rotating case

Turbojugend

Jun 1, 2010
Halifax
I love my Acer A700. But this is also the first tablet that I have purchased at release..

I want a second charger. How hard is it to simply offer accessory parts. Especially when all I want is a second charger.

Is it really hard for anybody to sell them? or will that change as they have been out awhile?

Expecting a large amount of accessories on such a new device isn't going to happen, especially if sales aren't that great.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Got it today. Fits perfectly. All plugs (headphones, micro-USB, HDMI, micros-SD-card slot) are accessabel, speakers are uncovered, so a clear sound like without a case.
    I wouldnt mind picking up a second charger. Where would you guys look?

MonoPrice.com

http://www.monoprice.com/products/p...=10851&cs_id=1085102&p_id=8856&seq=1&format=2

In a nutshell, make sure to find a USB Power Adapter that puts out 2A of juice. Most non-tablet AC adaptors only put out 1A, which isn't enough for a tablet.
    My Review of the Poetic Case for A700

well i found a possible perfect case from Sikai

I was going to order the poetic cover but I can't never deside and kept looking. I've heard eBay has the most selection and searched until I found this case. I do not own this case but looks to protect the unit better than the others I have seen here. They also have a gel skin for the A700/510.
    I'm actually excited about this one so let me know what you guys think.

EBay link:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/190674338353?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Supplier showing more Images and details
    http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/581542835/Sikai_Ultra_thin_Microfiber_case_for.html

Picture:

Case
    460177003_690.jpg

Gel skin
    469298487_176.jpg