[THEME] [CM9] Cyanored

Search This thread

Rixsta

Retired Forum Moderator
Aug 26, 2010
Nottingham
Rixsta's back on CM9 Format ... teamed up with Geko95Gek, my partner in crime ;)

The idea came from me and geko95gek to make a cyan and red theme based on ICS CM9 so here it is ......

Changelog ...

Themed ...
Framework
SystemUI
Settings
Contacts
Phone
Android Keyboard
Music app
Much more ....

Now for the screens .........

Home screens Info

Solar dial Clock Dark Here -

https://market.android.com/search?q=solar+dial+clock&c=apps

Modded Nova Launcher Here -
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1389071

XDA themed ICS app Here -
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1464657

Instructions

Flash on stock CM9 rom, no themes or mods, tested on the last 3 builds (included latest to date this was written - 02122012)
Place zip on Internal SD Card
Boot into CWM
Wipe cache and dalvik
Flash
Reboot

It seems that sometimes the wallpaper doesn't seem to flash so Ill post it here just in case ...

Credits

Vert for some blood mode pngs
D79_ for the amazing battery mod
dully79 for the zip
geko95gek my team mate
Jumba for a few pngs from my red theme
Some I forgotten, will add you soon.

Last edited:

anaraxia

Nov 9, 2011
Hertfordshire
Good to see your work back Rixsta. I've been giving codeworkx CM9 a try for a couple of days now, I like it apart from a storage issue. Anyway, found this theme and flashed it, like the look and its a good start.

As always I will give some feedback lol. Not keen on the background in contacts and in menus areas, could do with being more subtle to make it easier to view contacts. Finally, maybe remove the cyan. The red is stunning on its own.

Anyway guys, keep up the great work.

PS.. what cm9 you using?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA App

D79_

Oct 13, 2010
Essex
Good to see your work back Rixsta. I've been giving codeworkx CM9 a try for a couple of days now, I like it apart from a storage issue. Anyway, found this theme and flashed it, like the look and its a good start.

As always I will give some feedback lol. Not keen on the background in contacts and in menus areas, could do with being more subtle to make it easier to view contacts. Finally, maybe remove the cyan. The red is stunning on its own.

Anyway guys, keep up the great work.

PS.. what cm9 you using?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA App

Loool if they get rid of the cyan then the name "CYANORED" would be pointless haha

Anyways im lovin this theme and i think ill have to have it my self. :)

Ps. Big up to the guy who did the bat mod, he rocks ;-) lmao

anaraxia

Nov 9, 2011
Hertfordshire
Loool if they get rid of the cyan then the name "CYANORED" would be pointless haha

Anyways im lovin this theme and i think ill have to have it my self. :)

Ps. Big up to the guy who did the bat mod, he rocks ;-) lmao

Your pretty smart aint ya!!! I didnt ask for a smartarse answer and especially not from you. Also if you widen your thoughts beyond 'smartarse' thinking then maybe you could see that actually a red theme would work well and maybe the guys would develop that, dependant on feedback and demand, then name it something else. As you know, it couldnt be called Cyanored, that would be pointless. Pretty much like your comment!!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda in a pointless way

S

Stifler69

nice looking theme guys. love how you guys themed the status bar that is pretty unique and special. well done

SimboXXX

Jun 7, 2010
Amazing theme! Will be flashing this as soon as there's a usable daily cm9.
Keep up the good work guys :)

odysseus84

Dec 19, 2010
Solothurn
Nice Theme but think about magenta. ;-)

Do you guys have plans for other themes? Cause I'm searching for some "theme makers", they are able to change the basic color of ICS (light blue) to another basic colour (light green for example). No other changes (original icons, original backgrounds, aso). What do you think? Are you bored enough to do this? :)

Phone_Guru

Jul 11, 2010
Jerusalem
Nice Theme but think about magenta. ;-)

Do you guys have plans for other themes? Cause I'm searching for some "theme makers", they are able to change the basic color of ICS (light blue) to another basic colour (light green for example). No other changes (original icons, original backgrounds, aso). What do you think? Are you bored enough to do this? :)

I'm making a red theme. Hopefully, I can release something soon.

Reactions: odysseus84

CamoGeko

Retired Forum Moderator
Reactions: SimboXXX

buzzboy

Oct 29, 2010
Canterbury
Working well on CM9 latest. (17-02)

(Love the keyboard also)

Great job.

Regards

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1329505320293.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1329505320293.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 165
  • uploadfromtaptalk1329505369591.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1329505369591.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 168
Reactions: CamoGeko

D79_

Oct 13, 2010
Essex
Your pretty smart aint ya!!! I didnt ask for a smartarse answer and especially not from you. Also if you widen your thoughts beyond 'smartarse' thinking then maybe you could see that actually a red theme would work well and maybe the guys would develop that, dependant on feedback and demand, then name it something else. As you know, it couldnt be called Cyanored, that would be pointless. Pretty much like your comment!!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda in a pointless way

Chill, its all about love on this page, not hate :)

SimboXXX

Jun 7, 2010
Some feedback:

Works great on latest build (20120217).
Detailing is really well done - blending of red/blue very nice.
For my personal taste the shade of red is a little too bright.
Battery number in status bar is not readable (maybe i need new glasses).
I couldn't see a way to change the background image for settings etc. I quite like this wall, but i'm sure people are going to want to change it.

Thanks for the good work, guys :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Rixsta's back on CM9 Format ... teamed up with Geko95Gek, my partner in crime ;)

The idea came from me and geko95gek to make a cyan and red theme based on ICS CM9 so here it is ......

Changelog ...

Themed ...
    Framework
    SystemUI
    Settings
    Contacts
    Phone
    Android Keyboard
    Music app
    Much more ....

Now for the screens .........

Home screens Info

Solar dial Clock Dark Here -

https://market.android.com/search?q=solar+dial+clock&c=apps

Modded Nova Launcher Here -
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1389071

XDA themed ICS app Here -
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1464657

Instructions

Flash on stock CM9 rom, no themes or mods, tested on the last 3 builds (included latest to date this was written - 02122012)
    Place zip on Internal SD Card
    Boot into CWM
    Wipe cache and dalvik
    Flash
    Reboot

It seems that sometimes the wallpaper doesn't seem to flash so Ill post it here just in case ...

Credits

Vert for some blood mode pngs
    D79_ for the amazing battery mod
    dully79 for the zip
    geko95gek my team mate
    Jumba for a few pngs from my red theme
    Some I forgotten, will add you soon.
    Download Links

WARNING!!

Do not flash on the latest 20-02-2012 CM9 build, or you will get SystemUI has stopped error. I'm working on a fix.
    You know, just because something is free, doesn't mean it's instantly good.
    "It's free, so no complaining" is a pretty bad excuse.

As I said before, some parts of this theme are promising, like the keyboard, but most of other things look pretty bad, and I even know the reason for that, red and blue clash terribly on a dark background.

And I wouldn't call it "radically" different.
    The creator recolored the UI elements from blue to red, that is not very radical to me.
    I never created a theme because I'm fine with how standard Android UI is.

But just because I don't create themes (though I may give you some suggestions), or just because this is free, doesn't mean that I shouldn't be allowed to criticize this theme.

Besides, are you really that insecure about your creations, that you stand behind the "it's free!" excuse, and can't just address the complaints?

Anyway, my suggestions are:

Get rid of the blue color. It clashes with red (ESPECIALLY in the status bar). I know Cyanored stands for Cyan and Red, but it would be better if you could make it CyanogenMod Red.

Use standard Android fonts and anti-aliasing for your logos and wallpapers.
    This simple mockup (the font is Roboto, the color is #cb2719) looks better than your current logo:
    zV2n5.png

Agree with this so much. A little constructive criticism is good.
    I've noticed this a fair bit on XDA, if someone says they don't like it and even when they justify their own view they get jumped on. I know it's a good sign of a supportive community but hey ho.
    This is pretty ugly :(
    Some things look promising, like the keyboard, but red seems to clash with blue pretty badly.
    Also, status bar icons just hurt to look at...
    @geko95gek
    Dude, your work is really appreciated. Let the moaners (constructive criticizers) moan, and everyone else will enjoy your themes.