G1, messaging problem

Search This thread

mrmitch8803

Oct 17, 2007
my phone keeps giving me a SORRY! MESSAGING (IN APPLICATION MESSAGING IS NOT RESPONDING) ANY SUGGESTIONS?

gsm1

Jun 7, 2006
Atlanta
I am having a problem that when I get new SMS, it uses the "From" in the list of messages as an old (and deleted) thread all the time. I also can't reply to those SMS, but have to Compose a new message to respond. The only SMS that seems to work correctly are ones that I had received from contacts before I received the one SMS that it keeps using as the "From". So, in case it wasn't clear, all my new SMS show as coming from the same address (which happens to be an email address) and I can't reply to them. I'm sure a hard reset would fix this, but I don't want to have to go through reloading everything to just fix this one thing. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

neoobs

Retired Moderator
Mar 25, 2008
I am having a problem that when I get new SMS, it uses the "From" in the list of messages as an old (and deleted) thread all the time. I also can't reply to those SMS, but have to Compose a new message to respond. The only SMS that seems to work correctly are ones that I had received from contacts before I received the one SMS that it keeps using as the "From". So, in case it wasn't clear, all my new SMS show as coming from the same address (which happens to be an email address) and I can't reply to them. I'm sure a hard reset would fix this, but I don't want to have to go through reloading everything to just fix this one thing. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

I am a little confused on what is happening. You are saying you are receiving a ton of messages from an email address? or that your sending sms from an email address?

gsm1

Jun 7, 2006
Atlanta
I am a little confused on what is happening. You are saying you are receiving a ton of messages from an email address? or that your sending sms from an email address?

Any new SMS I receive from a contact show up in the message list (main screen where the "New Message" option shows as well as your messages threads) as coming from this one specific email address I received a message from about a week ago. If I open up that message thread, it shows the SMS as coming from the correct person but if I try and reply to it, it gives me an error saying "Your message has no valid recipients", so I have compose a new SMS from the main screen and put the address in to be able to respond. Some how it is keeping that one address and assigning any new SMS to that name in the thread list as well as not using the right address for replying. It's really strange and it's bugging the heck out of me!

Last edited:

neoobs

Retired Moderator
Mar 25, 2008
Any new SMS I receive from a contact show up in the message list (main screen where the "New Message" option shows as well as your messages threads) as coming from this one specific email address I received a message from about a week ago. If I open up that message thread, it shows the SMS as coming from the correct person but if I try and reply to it, it gives me an error saying that there is no address so I have compose a new SMS and put the address in to be able to respond. Some how it is keeping that one address and assigning any new SMS to that name in the thread list as well as not using the right address for replying. It's really strange and it's bugging the heck out of me!

That sounds extremely weird. I would think a hard reset will fix the problem.

cangri87

Dec 4, 2007
The OC - Saint City
kinda weird

is every one else having issues with receiving MMS? when i hit dowload it doesnt go trough. i have to try it like 20 to 30 mins later. in order to be able to download it. and tonight i wasnt able to send txt messges just receive. i had to power off and power it back on..

and it might be off topic.. but my web browser stops working all of a sudden and i make shure it says 3g ontop or atleast edge.?? i do have RC19. do u guys think the update will fix the issue?

momentarylapseofreason

Apr 29, 2007
Chicago
is every one else having issues with receiving MMS? when i hit dowload it doesnt go trough. i have to try it like 20 to 30 mins later. in order to be able to download it. and tonight i wasnt able to send txt messges just receive. i had to power off and power it back on..

and it might be off topic.. but my web browser stops working all of a sudden and i make shure it says 3g ontop or atleast edge.?? i do have RC19. do u guys think the update will fix the issue?

Call Cust service and tell them you need Tier 2 support for Smart/Blackberry. They can fix your texting issues

okghal

Mar 31, 2009
That sounds extremely weird. I would think a hard reset will fix the problem.
I am having the same problem. When I send a new sms or recieve one, the reply always goes to the first entry in my address book, which happens to be a land line, and I then have to create a new message to reply. I tried deleting all the old messages, and now all the messages have this same problem.

Is there any way to fix this without having to do a hard reset?

d474rpr

Feb 25, 2008
Alaska
I had to get a new SIM card from T-Mobile to resolve my messaging problems. Guess it was a good time since I had the same one for 8 years now. :eek:

okghal

Mar 31, 2009
I had to get a new SIM card when I bought my G1, mine was only 5 years old ;-)

So that shouldnt be the issue for me.