[KERNEL][UNOFFICIAL BUILDS][JB/KK][Vx.43v76]DorimanX Test builds

Search This thread

eskriminal

Nov 6, 2012
Hey guys!
So from observations by @rkoby13 and myself, there seems to be a demand for regular builds of DorimanX's kernel!
This thread will serve as a place for logs, reports, and discussion relating to these unofficial builds by me.
Currently the plan is to compile v9 builds, whenever @dorimanx adds major updates or significant modifications to his source, however this may, and probably will, result in UNSTABLE AND EXPERIMENTAL RELEASES
Disclaimer:
Dori tests highly experimental commits prerelease, and if your device is damaged, wiped, or in any way negatively affected by these releases it's not the fault of Dorimanx, or me. In flashing these releases you accept full responsibility for any consequences of its use.

In this op, I'll have a log of which builds are most stable and which ones have bugs reported or major issues in code, and builds with extreme issues will be removed.
As x.39 was just released, the first build will be uploaded after the next major addition to the kernel sources, and every major change after that.
If there is a commit that I have not considered major but is important to you, either reply to the thread or pm me with a link to the commit, and I'll probably update the build to include it. In future, I may also build v8 kernels until their end of life, if many people show a desire for this :)
Finally, just a reminder not to post logs or reports/discuss these builds in any other thread, thanks :)
I'll also soon be adding my new and improved stweaks settings guide, nearly everything is covered now.
Source: http://github.com/dorimanx/dorimanx-SG2-I9100-Kernel
http://github.com/dorimanx/initramfs3
if anyone has a domain they'd like to offer to mirror I'd be glad (hint hint)
dorimanx has decided to help out with building sometimes, and he'll post here! and apparently no one reads whole op, is this big enough?

latest build by cybernetus :) http://www.dorimanx.ataliba.net
aaaaaand computoncio has a fileserver too now!
http://dorimanx.casoncia.org

Last edited:

eskriminal

Nov 6, 2012
Changelogs:
v1 - 23/8 up!
- ram value display fixed
- toggle to completely stop logcat from writing
(accidentally messed up defconfig and reset it so the kernel id is the same as usual but I renamed the zip)
v2 - 26/8 up!
-compiled with linaro 13.08 gcc 4.8.2 (tuned and optimised by dori for i9100 and his kernel)
- zzmoove updated to 0.7b
- cortex brain tuned and some bugs fixed
v3 - 27/8 up
-various driver updates, cleans and optimisations
v4 - 27/8 up
-as previous
-fix for reset profiles on boot
v5 - 29/8
-ton of pulled 3.11.y driver update
-cleaning
-more optimisations from stantrc (new dev :))
-there was something else I saw but I forgot
v10 cybernetus - 9/9
- changelog

Last edited:

eskriminal

Nov 6, 2012
Eskriminal's New and Improved DorimanX Stweaks Guide!
Starting off, I will not be covering stock standard info such as cpu clock, voltage, or the most basic governor variables. @droidphile has a brilliant comprehensive guide to these things and more, search!
Now let's get started! This guide will be in the same order as stweaks itself, and if i miss anything that you wanted, pm me :)
Topic 1. Advanced/Custom Cpu Governor variables
Here will be discussed governors such as nightmare, darkness, and perhaps zzmoove (if i have time), and their variables.
Freq_step
this controls how large the step up should be when the cpu load hits either the up_threshold, or the inc_cpu_load, depending on your governor.
It is a percentage, where the percentage involved is that of the cpu clock prior to the switch.
Down_threshold/dec_cpu_load
same as up_threshold or inc_cpu_load, but in the reverse, these dictate at what load to decrease frequency
Cpu_up_rate/cpu_down_rate
these values determine how many readings of cpu load will be collected (i.e. 60% or 80%) before being compared to the inc_cpu_load or dec_cpu_load respectively :)
Freq_step_dec
the same as freq_step, but for decreasing frequency
Freq_step_dec_at_max_freq
identical to freq_step_dec, but while cpu is at values above freq_for_responsiveness_max
Up_sf_step/Down_sf_step
both have detailed descriptions in app from alucard :D
<more to come>
Topic 2. Memory Management
This tab in stweaks dictates whether Dorimanx kernel should control the Android memory management system (Auto Oom Control switch)
The settings here control how it should control it, with the more aggressive the setting, the quicker apps will be killed at low memory.
<more to come>
Topic 3. GPU Tab
The GPU settings are all identical in function to the way CPU control works, with the frequency steps available and voltage/threshold changes.
The GPU utilisation timeout controls how fast the gpu should respond to a heavy load.
With the thresholds, as with cpu the higher they are the slower it will scale frequencies up, and the faster it'll scale down.
<more details to come>
Topic 4. Screen Tab
Here all screen settings and brightness controls are changeable.
min_bl controls how fast auto-brightness should increase screen brightness level, when this value is higher the screen will stay on minimum brightness for longer.
min_gamma and max_gamma control the minimum and maximum brightness available to auto-brightness
LCD Power Reduce lowers screen brightness to save battery
Screen colour modes control colour levels
Gamma Shift changes all brightness system-wide up or down based on the value put in
FB early suspend delay controls delay after sleep should activate before running the screen off animation
Vibration force controls the power of vibrations system-wide
Slide2Wake toggles waking the device by swiping across the screen from left to right
mDNIe Negative Toggle enables or disables inverting colours by pressing the home button the number of times set below
Touch screen tweaks control sensitivity options - They're advanced, and usually don't need to be touched
Topic 5. Sound Tab
Most settings are self-explanatory, if anyone wants this actually explained, shoot me a pm.
Topic 6. Big Collection, all Misc. Kernel settings! (BLN, CRON, Logger, Auto wifi etc.)
BLN controls whether to switch on backlights when notifications are received during phone sleep.
The bln effect controls the light mode of these keys (doesn't work with BLN without wakelock)
Notification timeout controls the maximum length of time the keys should be on before turning off (doesn't work with BLN without wakelock)
LED timeout controls the timeout on backlight keys during phone use
BLNWW sets BLN to run without forcing the cpu to stay out of deep sleep, saving battery
LED fadeout controls the effect when the keys switch off
LED on touch determines whether the keys will turn on when pressed during use
LED voltage level controls the key brightness
CRON is a timed automatic service which can be used to run various optimisations and updates as detailed in the 'Other' tab in Stweaks
Fix Permissions may solve fcs in apps
Zipaligning apps may optimise them to run faster
Database optimising will clear and compact the system data, potentially increasing system performance
GPS zone changes to your local ntp server may decrease gps lock times and increase accuracy
USB settings control the device storage mount mode.
Charge current levels control speed of charging from various sources, with the higher the current, the faster the flow and therefore charge
Resetting the fuel guage chip may solve issues when battery appears to drop after reboots, as the chip will recalibrate
The Ad-blocker will block advertisements by ip in most apps
Filesystem tools attempt to recover corrupt partitions on the disk
Root settings control device root security
Cortexbrain controls the switching between various things based on screen state including cpu governor and clock, io scheduler, auto wifi, auto data, and logger control
The android logger writes logs of system errors, disable unless you plan on using this
auto data disables mobile data when the screen is off, with the delay before doing so below it (auto wifi is the same for wireless internet)
Various tweaks change system values relevant to each one
Eco tweaks modifies hotplugging logic when battery drops below the eco-level threshold to save battery by preferring use of only a single cpu core

This is just a preliminary guide, my corrupted hdd destroyed the other one I'd been writing for @rkoby13

Last edited:

SWTR

Jan 2, 2012
Cham
Can you please build a dori Kernel for 4.3 where internal sd card is switched? Internal -> external.

Gesendet von meinem Galaxy S2 mit CM10.1

m1trand1r

Mar 6, 2011
You don't wanna know.....
@eskriminal
can you just link to git where you build from?....or maybe build one kernel....if there are any new commits ....because place holders are not allowed at xda.....you need at least source link ma8 .....and keep up great job.....because last one you shared with me was awesome build.....although latest 9.39 is a beast.....:D....waiting for new commits and build.....:D

Reactions: infatality

eskriminal

Nov 6, 2012
@eskriminal
can you just link to git where you build from?....or maybe build one kernel....if there are any new commits ....because place holders are not allowed at xda.....you need at least source link ma8 .....and keep up great job.....because last one you shared with me was awesome build.....although latest 9.39 is a beast.....:D....waiting for new commits and build.....:D

edited op to include source and info for when downloads are up

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

hunkyycbz

Feb 22, 2012
hi guys..im using philz touch kernel..i want little more brightness ..so which kernel has got the maximum brightness ?? i dont have issues with battery drain

bogdan1980

Sep 28, 2012
Bucharest greatest city ever
I bought an optimus g for wife, but started to play with it, lock bootloader, hard to root, no custom kernel for oc. It's nice to see that s2 community it's still active.

Regarding domain, maybe ApriliaM3 from neatrom thread, he has an huge one with mods, kernels, rom.
http://d-h.st/users/ApriliaM3/?fld_id=8738#files

Galaxy S2 powered by Dorimanx!

Last edited:
S

StatusQuo209

Agreed. Nice to see the i9100 community still active:)

I have a question. What is a "V8" kernel and if its good stuff, why isn't included in Dorimanx official build? I'm assuming because of possible bugs?

m1trand1r

Mar 6, 2011
You don't wanna know.....
Agreed. Nice to see the i9100 community still active:)

I have a question. What is a "V8" kernel and if its good stuff, why isn't included in Dorimanx official build? I'm assuming because of possible bugs?

maybe you lost track....but dorimanx kernel has 2 branches....8.xx & 9.xx....
8.xx has support for Samsung stock JB roms...aswel as aosp/aokp/cm....<---4.2.2 and bellow...to 4.1.2...
9.xx branch supports 4.2.2 and 4.3 only...aokp/cm/aosp roms and dualboot between them....and with 9.xx you have more ram avaliable ....other things you can find in original dorimanx kernel thread....:)

bogdan1980

Sep 28, 2012
Bucharest greatest city ever
v8, for official roms. v9, custom roms.
Dorimanx put sources in git daily and build his kernel. Anyone who could and want, take his sources and make an kernel, based on his sources. So, that's what we are here on this thread, we wait to grab and test an custom kernel :):):)

Galaxy S2 powered by Dorimanx!

S

StatusQuo209

maybe you lost track....but dorimanx kernel has 2 branches....8.xx & 9.xx...8.xx has support for Samsung stock JB roms...aswel as aosp/aokp/cm....<---4.2.2 and bellow...to 4.1.2...
9.xx branch supports 4.2.2 and 4.3 only...aokp/cm/aosp roms and dualboot between them....and with 9.xx you have more ram avaliable ....other things you can find in original dorimanx kernel thread....:)

dude! I totally lost my mind. Lol. I totally got confused, I know there is a version 8 of the kernel. I was thinking that this was like the "V6 Supercharger" mod that some people use. I thought there was a new version or something that was kernel based. Hahaha. Thanks for clearing that up for me bud.

Excuse my ignorance...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey guys!
    So from observations by @rkoby13 and myself, there seems to be a demand for regular builds of DorimanX's kernel!
    This thread will serve as a place for logs, reports, and discussion relating to these unofficial builds by me.
    Currently the plan is to compile v9 builds, whenever @dorimanx adds major updates or significant modifications to his source, however this may, and probably will, result in UNSTABLE AND EXPERIMENTAL RELEASES
    Disclaimer:
    Dori tests highly experimental commits prerelease, and if your device is damaged, wiped, or in any way negatively affected by these releases it's not the fault of Dorimanx, or me. In flashing these releases you accept full responsibility for any consequences of its use.

In this op, I'll have a log of which builds are most stable and which ones have bugs reported or major issues in code, and builds with extreme issues will be removed.
    As x.39 was just released, the first build will be uploaded after the next major addition to the kernel sources, and every major change after that.
    If there is a commit that I have not considered major but is important to you, either reply to the thread or pm me with a link to the commit, and I'll probably update the build to include it. In future, I may also build v8 kernels until their end of life, if many people show a desire for this :)
    Finally, just a reminder not to post logs or reports/discuss these builds in any other thread, thanks :)
    I'll also soon be adding my new and improved stweaks settings guide, nearly everything is covered now.
    Source: http://github.com/dorimanx/dorimanx-SG2-I9100-Kernel
    http://github.com/dorimanx/initramfs3
    if anyone has a domain they'd like to offer to mirror I'd be glad (hint hint)
    dorimanx has decided to help out with building sometimes, and he'll post here! and apparently no one reads whole op, is this big enough?

latest build by cybernetus :) http://www.dorimanx.ataliba.net
    aaaaaand computoncio has a fileserver too now!
    http://dorimanx.casoncia.org
    Great News!

Are you ready???

Hyper Drive Online!
    We are jumping to 4.4.y galaxy system!!! :highfive:

new 3 kernels uploaded to my BETA storage! before release!

we need to test the support and see if any problems!

So all goes like this:
    All kernels support 4.4.y ROMS!

8.x support = STOCK, 4.1.y, 4.2.y, 4.3.y, 4.4.y maliv1(STOCK) maliv2 all the rest!
    9.x support = 4.1.y, 4.2.y, 4.3.y, 4.4.y maliv2 only!

10.x support = 4.3.y, 4.4.y maliv3 only!

mali = video driver (for new users that dont care to look for answers)

This is BETA v48!

Kernel has same commits as V47 + maliv3 branch now 10.43 version :)

Initramfs > https://github.com/dorimanx/initramfs3/commit/d2408d668240fa0fa11f0650a96650c39de6a39c

Big thanks to @fusionjack for init scripts and hacked sql for 4.4.2 :)

have fun testing!

(dont forget! you cant install 4.4.y ROM from my kernel recovery!)
    so if you want to install ROM as SEC you will have to replace META-INF forlder
    with one that i will attach here!

it's simple changing the way perms added to ROM for selinux! we dont have it, so it's not important.

Open ROM zip. push the META-INF from my zip inside, and save all back.

Install as SEC or PRI ROM.

this is for fusionjack 4.4.2 build!!!!

other roms may have other things in install script! so it's possible to compare if something missing from ORIGINAL fusionjack folder.

all changes are HERE:
    META-INF\com\google\android\updater-script

i have added the ORIGINAL script for compare / revert.
    soooo :) seems to be that we are close to awesome kernel version!

i need to sit and add support for 4.4.x android and rename maliv3 branch.

i am very busy at my job, end of year is coming and our customers very happy to spend all remaining budget on cool stuff that they not always need :)

so i have high pressure OC for my brain to make all done for all!

and XDA is one more customer for me :)

so please report if any bad things happen, and kernel is this problem, and not some app that went crazy :)

happy new coming year for all!
    News Update!

I have FOUND and fixed:

*Fixed RO bug with 4.4.y ROMS
    *Fixed parse error in SAMMY builds (need to test)
    *Fixed not sticking theme, root access, timezone, lang, and other system stuff
    after BOOT! :laugh::highfive:
    This was HUGE bug that i was looking to solve half a year now! and finally its GONE!

*Fixed init perms on folders.
    *Added all new updates from main line.

Uploaded V53 all branches to my BETA Storage! :)

Merry Christmas! every one!

when i have found the BUGS i was LIKE!

HHHHHAAAAAA!!!!

Warhammer-40-000-Space-Marine-Only-War-Thunder-Hammer-Trailer_7.jpg

EXERMINATE! DELETE!

Warhammer-40-000-Space-Marine-Only-War-Thunder-Hammer-Trailer_3.jpg

Kernels > https://github.com/dorimanx/Doriman...mmit/288e53a3675cad94a0bdb085e49299310b3397cd

Initramfs > https://github.com/dorimanx/initramfs3/commit/ea5a8d10e324f3d7a357ecf46989d7a35c4ddaea

Have fun testing! :)

DEBUG!
    first boot with V53 will be:
    ~ # dmesg | grep property
    dmesg | grep property
    <6>sec-battery sec-battery: sec_bat_set_property: cable was changed(4)
    <11>init: skipping insecure property file persist.sys.themePackageName (uid=0 gid=1001 nlink=1 mode=100770)
    <11>init: skipping insecure property file persist.sys.usb.config (uid=0 gid=1001 nlink=1 mode=100770)
    <11>init: skipping insecure property file persist.sys.ui.hw (uid=0 gid=1001 nlink=1 mode=100770)
    <11>init: skipping insecure property file persist.sys.camera-sound (uid=0 gid=1001 nlink=1 mode=100770)
    <11>init: skipping insecure property file persist.sys.root_access (uid=0 gid=1001 nlink=1 mode=100770)
    <11>init: skipping insecure property file persist.sys.themeId (uid=0 gid=1001 nlink=1 mode=100770)
    ~ #

SEC BOOT and any others!

dmesg | grep property
    ~ #

~ #

dmesg | grep property
    ~ #

dmesg | grep property

PEACE! Yee!
    hi to fearless beta testers.

i want to address the sg2 nation :)

its my birthday today, and i have enoth $ to buy new device.

So as i wished i will buy new sg4 i9505 device next week.

my device will be converted to nice and simple phone, (with my kernel) and passed to my wife. so i will keep updating kernel from main line, and keep adding good stuff i will see.

so Sg4 nation will get "new" dev to boost the fun :)

so all who want to join me, dont wait :)

any way sg4 is great but very different, so its will take some time for me to learn, and start from 0.

i will release stable release for all.

and in case of recovery code from gm will be open, i will do all i can to update recovery.

happy new year my friends :)

Sent from my GT-I9100