[Completed] SoftkeyZ cause crash on tablet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

fardin1999

Jun 27, 2014
Hello everybody.I am using Acer iconia b1-721(rooted).I have installed an app called softkeyz (an app to customize softkeys).yesterday i saw that there is Android L softkey pack is available and installed it.Device rebooted as usual but after reboot,my softkeys and notification bar is not at their place : they are deactived or something like that.so i rebooted,unrooted the device,hard reseted several times but no change.I have not installed any custom ROMs or CWM i was using stock android 4.2.2 that came with device.i am trying to flash custom ROMs now.I think may be it will solve that problem but i can't find any ROM for Acer Iconia B1-721.Please help me :(

It_ler

Recognized Contributor
Aug 23, 2011
Samsung Galaxy S8
Samsung Galaxy S10
Hello everybody.I am using Acer iconia b1-721(rooted).I have installed an app called softkeyz (an app to customize softkeys).yesterday i saw that there is Android L softkey pack is available and installed it.Device rebooted as usual but after reboot,my softkeys and notification bar is not at their place : they are deactived or something like that.so i rebooted,unrooted the device,hard reseted several times but no change.I have not installed any custom ROMs or CWM i was using stock android 4.2.2 that came with device.i am trying to flash custom ROMs now.I think may be it will solve that problem but i can't find any ROM for Acer Iconia B1-721.Please help me :(

Sorry but xda has no specific forum for your device.
So you have to check General section and post your questions in general Q&A section.

There is a method to manually edit the /system/build.prop file, which may help ... worth a try IMO. (On most devices the entry to change is called "qemu.hw.mainkeys=0".)
But remember to backup the original file before changing anything.

EDIT: Here is a nice thread about Android L Softkeys ... but it's for a different device.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.