[RUU] RUU_Hero_C_Sprint_2.20.651.1_signed_test | Android 2.1

Search This thread

damageless

Jan 18, 2009
Here is a link to the latest RUU from Sprint.

You cannot simply extract it. This still has root since it is a test release. I recommend just doing an adb pull of your system directory after you flash it. Don't do this when the final one comes out or else you might be stuck without root.

You will need to add busybox, patch sh and su, and make sure that you do another recovery image and such. I also recommend adding Superuser.apk and stuff. If you use the Desire build.prop, you can get most of the protected apps working.

Enjoy.

http://dl.damagedroms.com/2.0/RUU_Hero_C_Sprint_2.20.651.1_signed_test.exe

Leak, I know who you are.

Last edited:

ajaholic

Jan 1, 2007
New Jersey
this was posted on the other thread before it was deleted...but, is there any advantage with an RUU release vs a the reg custom rom update.zips for the average user (i.eone who just flashes roms)?

smoother2010

Mar 20, 2010
sorry to be a noob here but this may be the final 2.1 sprint release? god i hope so because when i get my replacement hero next week id love to have a fully functional 2.1 rom to flash to. :D

obelisk79

May 18, 2008
damageless, I appreciate your forthcoming with this... I do find it to be very unfortunate the circumstances under which this had to be released. Regardless whether you intend to remain involved with this community or not, best of luck.

chfields

Mar 5, 2010
Damage, Glad to see you back and hope you stay. You have always been honest and forthright about the leaked RUU and why you wouldn't/couldn't release to everybody. It is so rare to run across somebody who embodies the highest qualities of honesty, integrity, loyalty, and generosity. You have shown that by sharing your information and talent with the community to help troubleshoot and refine the 2.1 update.

It is an atrocity that a few jealous ingrates have managed to destroy this and future opportunities. This is what happens when people expect everything handed to them, without having to work for or earn it. Whatever happened to personal responsibility, your word being your bond, helping someone just because they need it, not because you can get something from it, honor and integrity?? Welcome to the new America..........

Anyways, I hope you stay and continue your great work, if not, I understand that as well.....................

And to the leak........remember, no deed goes unpunished...................

obelisk79

May 18, 2008
Damage, Glad to see you back and hope you stay. You have always been honest and forthright about the leaked RUU and why you wouldn't/couldn't release to everybody. It is so rare to run across somebody who embodies the highest qualities of honesty, integrity, loyalty, and generosity. You have shown that by sharing your information and talent with the community to help troubleshoot and refine the 2.1 update.

It is an atrocity that a few jealous ingrates have managed to destroy this and future opportunities. This is what happens when people expect everything handed to them, without having to work for or earn it. Whatever happened to personal responsibility, your word being your bond, helping someone just because they need it, not because you can get something from it, honor and integrity?? Welcome to the new America..........

Anyways, I hope you stay and continue your great work, if not, I understand that as well.....................

Ok, first off, lets say I have respect for the man.

Second, get off his nuts, and third he was most likely approached by someone who leaked the files to him in exchange for anonymity. He didn't work for them any harder than anyone else. He got boned for being trusting. It sucks and ruined a good thing for the rest of us!.

derekstory

Jan 16, 2010
Cartersville, GA
Ok, first off, lets say I have respect for the man.

Second, get off his nuts, and third he was most likely approached by someone who leaked the files to him in exchange for anonymity. He didn't work for them any harder than anyone else. He got boned for being trusting. It sucks and ruined a good thing for the rest of us!.

"Get off his nuts."

Yeah a whole lot of respect.