Micromax A25 Complete Guide (Rooting/Troubleshooting)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

DartzXD

Jan 22, 2013
How to Root Micromax A25
A25 Root (Modified Boot.img)
A25 USB VCOM Drivers
Android Language Project Tool
SP Flash Tools

Step 1) Download all the files/softwares above.

Step 2) Connect your phone in Power-Off Mode, your system will begin searching for drivers, Manually locate the driver installer to A25_USB_VCOM Folder, wait until it's finished

Step 3) Open SP Flash tools, Load the Scatter File located in the modified boot img folder you've downloaded

Step 4) Click on Options > DA Download All > Disable DA Download All

Step 5) Click on Download Button > Disconnect phone > Reconnect phone > Wait until its finished.

Step 6) Power-on your phone > Enable USB Debugging mode

Step 7) Open Android Language Project > Select Lang Installer Tab > Then Click 4.0< Button on right panel

Step 8) Rooting is complete!

Alternate Rooting Method [May Not Work]
Download CWM Recovery for Micromax A25
Download SuperSu Flashable Zip
1. Place SuperSu Flashable Zip in your memory card.
2. Reboot into recovery mode.
3. Locate to the zip file and Flash it.
4. Reboot.

Troubleshooting

SP Flash Tool Errors (Fix)
If you're facing any error file flashing with SP Flash Tool, Open Device Manager > Expand Ports > Select MediaTekPreloader.. and Update Driver Software > Browse the Computer > Let me pick.... > Uncheck show Compatible Hardware > Select MTK USB Port in "Model Column" > Press OK > Reboot Computer (Optional) > Reconnect phone > There will be no error in flashing now.
If still some kind of error persists, I've found one way to fix those.
Code:
Download and Flash this file
. This will brick your Micromax A25. Don't worry, after that you'll be able to flash anything you want. It is advised to flash stock rom before flashing any other file.

SIM Related Trouble Shooting/ No Service Problem/ IMEI Problem (Fix)
Code:
IMEI Writing App (NO ROOT REQUIRED)
Use the above app to write the IMEI

If you're facing No Service Problem even after IMEI Writing. This indicates that calibration data on your handset has been erased. You just need to replace the "CALIBRAT" folder with pre-configured Calibrat data and set that folder's permission to 777. Use Rootexplorer or ES File Explorer to edit system files.
Download Calibrat Data

Last edited:

hafizimtiaz

Hello

I have flashed my Micromax A25 with A25_0201_V0370 stock firmware and my IMEI was gone.I replaced the IMEI by copying the MP0B_001 file and setting the permission to rw-rw----. But my phone always shows no service whatever SIM I insert. I have checked according to your post that my "Android Core Apps" is running. Please help me.

sktanmoy

May 8, 2013
Same issue

Hello

I have flashed my Micromax A25 with A25_0201_V0370 stock firmware and my IMEI was gone.I replaced the IMEI by copying the MP0B_001 file and setting the permission to rw-rw----. But my phone always shows no service whatever SIM I insert. I have checked according to your post that my "Android Core Apps" is running. Please help me.

Hafiz, same issue here, could you fix till last? Any luck?

sktanmoy

May 8, 2013
If you're facing No Service Problem even after IMEI Writing. This indicates that calibration data on your handset has been erased. To restore that, you need to copy/paste/replace system files from a working micromax a25 into your device.

Can you please share with us if you have?

skywalker9969

May 12, 2013
Mumbai
Any solution for Partition size changed error plzz help me bro if u hav solution :angel::angel::angel::angel::angel::angel::angel:

DartzXD

Jan 22, 2013
Any solution for Partition size changed error plzz help me bro if u hav solution :angel::angel::angel::angel::angel::angel::angel:
Follow these steps
If you're facing any error file flashing with SP Flash Tool, Open Device Manager > Expand Ports > Select MediaTekPreloader.. and Update Driver Software > Browse the Computer > Let me pick.... > Uncheck show Compatible Hardware > Select MTK USB Port in "Model Column" > Press OK > Reboot Computer (Optional) > Reconnect phone > There will be no error in flashing now.

After doing steps above, open SP flash tools, Load the scatter file -> Format -> Format Whole Flash -> Options -> DA Download All -> Disable download all. Then Download,

skywalker9969

May 12, 2013
Mumbai
Follow these steps

After doing steps above, open SP flash tools, Load the scatter file -> Format -> Format Whole Flash -> Options -> DA Download All -> Disable download all. Then Download,

Sorry for late reply thank you worked fine :) :)

sudkm24

Jun 27, 2012
plz help...

Follow these steps

but there is no option like mediatek preloader in ports. the only option is standard port over bluetooth 38,40,41....so on.
I guess that's problem with my laptop...but still let me know if anyone can solve it...

DartzXD

Jan 22, 2013
but there is no option like mediatek preloader in ports. the only option is standard port over bluetooth 38,40,41....so on.
I guess that's problem with my laptop...but still let me know if anyone can solve it...

Install the drivers provided by me. Uninstall your previous drivers.

alttafv

Dec 16, 2011
Ahmedabad
Step 1) Download all the files/softwares above

Step 2) Connect your phone in Power-Off Mode, your system will begin searching for drivers, Manually locate the driver installer to A25_USB_VCOM Folder, wait until it's finished

Step 3) Open SP Flash tools, Load the Scatter File located in the modified boot img folder you've downloaded

Step 4) Click on Options > DA Download All > Disable DA Download All

Step 5) Click on Download Button > Disconnect phone > Reconnect phone > Wait until its finished.

I am facing problem here on this stage. even i installed drivers manually on my windows7 by removing battery and installed it. but still not showing drivers installation on device manager too. i am too much confused, tell me what to do? i never had any issues in rooting all other devices of my family and friends including my note 1 and note 2, mmx a57, mmx a89, spice mi500, intex cloud z5 all got rooted but this small **** is giving me pain n my ass, lolz help me plssssss what 2 do??

Step 6) Power-on your phone > Enable USB Debugging mode

Step 7) Open Android Language Project > Select Lang Installer Tab > Then Click 4.0< Button on right panel

Step 8) Rooting is complete!

Troubleshooting

1. SP Flash Tool Errors (Fix)
If still some kind of error persists, I've found one way to fix those.
Code:
[URL="http://adfoc.us/10857127354834"]Download and Flash this file[/URL]
. This will brick your Micromax A25. Don't worry, after that you'll be able to flash anything you want. It is advised to flash stock rom before flashing any other file.

2. SIM Related Trouble Shooting/ No Service Problem/ IMEI Problem (Fix)
Code:
[URL="http://adfoc.us/10857127354912"]IMEI Writing App (NO ROOT REQUIRED) - Download Here[/URL]
Use the above app to write the IMEI

If you're facing No Service Problem even after IMEI Writing. This indicates that calibration data on your handset has been erased. I've finally found a way to fix this problem. There's no solution for this problem on entire interent. You just need to replace the "CALIBRAT" folder with pre-configured Calibrat data and set that folder's permission to 777. Use Rootexplorer to edit system files. This fix has been found by myself. You will not get any solution on this problem throughout the whole Internet. Please mention credits to Sanjay Vig whenever you share this fixing method
Download Calibrat Data
Code:
[URL]http://adfoc.us/10857127354960[/URL]
[/CENTER][/QUOTE]

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    111.6 KB · Views: 124

achopra1999

Nov 10, 2013
Hello

My phone is on mmx logo what to do.

raj_

Dec 4, 2013
How can i get to recovery mode?

I have rooted my micromax A25 using eroot and it is properly rooted. Now i cant get into recovery mode in my phone. (vol up + power + home)- doesnt work for me. Even apps like Rom manager, quick boot cant let me to the recovery mode. how can i get to recovery mode?

DartzXD

Jan 22, 2013
I am facing problem here on this stage. even i installed drivers manually on my windows7 by removing battery and installed it. but still not showing drivers installation on device manager too. i am too much confused, tell me what to do? i never had any issues in rooting all other devices of my family and friends including my note 1 and note 2, mmx a57, mmx a89, spice mi500, intex cloud z5 all got rooted but this small **** is giving me pain n my ass, lolz help me plssssss what 2 do??
Try doing it on another computer. Can be the problem of your Operating System. Else, try this
Open Device Manager > Expand Ports > Select MediaTekPreloader.. and Update Driver Software > Browse the Computer > Let me pick.... > Uncheck show Compatible Hardware > Select MTK USB Port in "Model Column" > Press OK > Reboot Computer (Optional) > Reconnect phone > There will be no error in flashing now.

even ur link for bricking mmx a25 is dead. please help me.
http://www.dropbox.com/s/brlrmxsh3a7pbcf/Brick_micromax_a25_by_DartzXD.rar is DEAD
thanks n advance
Links are working fine for me.

I have rooted my micromax A25 using eroot and it is properly rooted. Now i cant get into recovery mode in my phone. (vol up + power + home)- doesnt work for me. Even apps like Rom manager, quick boot cant let me to the recovery mode. how can i get to recovery mode?
Flash Clockwork Mod Recovery.
My phone is on mmx logo what to do.
Flash the stock rom.

Last edited:

fperez76

May 24, 2014
Hello DartzXD

In need the preconfigured data calibrat from another model of smartphone star h7100w. How can I get it?

Thank you.

fperez76

May 24, 2014
Is your star h7100w rooted?
Yes, It's rooted. I asked for a nvram.bin to the seller for the same model of smartphone.I flashed it and everything ok(Imei. mac address, bar code, bluetooth) but the touch screen still uncalibrated. I erased the calibration data with sp flash tool. Alttafv said "You just need to replace the "CALIBRAT" folder with pre-configured Calibrat data and set that folder's permission to 777" but I don't have the pre-configured Calibrat data and I don't know how to get it for my phone.
Please help.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts