[OP7T][OOS 11.0.5.1 HD65AA/BA] Unbrick tool to restore your device to OxygenOS

Search This thread
Disclaimer: By attempting any of the processes listed in this thread you accept full responsibility for your actions. I will not be held responsible if your device stops working, catches fire, or turns into a hipster and claims to have been modified before it was cool.

Hi everyone, similar to the previous threads for
OP3, OP3T, OP5, OP5T, OP6, OP6T, OP7 and OP7PRO here is the EDL package (also known as MSM tool or unbrick tool) that can revive a bricked OnePlus 7T.
It can also be used to rollback your phone to a previous release of OOS.

You can download the following versions:

HD65AA tools (International and indian firmware):
ANDROID 10:

ANDROID 11:

11.0.5.1 HD65AA

Mirror for first and last MSMs per Android version: https://onepluscommunityserver.com/

HD65BA tools (European firmware):
ANDROID 10:

ANDROID 11:

11.0.5.1 HD65BA

Mirror for first and last MSMs per Android version: https://onepluscommunityserver.com/

It should work with HD1900 (Chinese variant), HD1901 (Indian variant) and HD1905 (North America) models.

Instructions:

Power your device off
Maintain volume up and volume down keys to get into Qualcomm EDL mode.
Launch MsmDownloadTool V4.0.exe.
Click on Enum to be sure your device is detected and press Start.
Wait ~300 seconds
Enjoy your brand new device

FAQ:

I see a target button, what is that?

As you may (or may not!) be aware there are starting from 7T-Series build specifics to India.
Selecting "O2" as target should give you the global firmware while selecting "India" as target should give you the Indian one. See for a screenshot.

My device isn't detected when I click on "Enum" button

Go to device manager and make sure your phone shows up as QDLOADER 9008.
If it shows up as QHUSB_BULK, it means Qualcomm driver wasn't installed automatically by Windows Update. Download the latest one from Microsoft website at http://download.windowsupdate.com/c..._fba473728483260906ba044af3c063e309e6259d.cab (source https://www.catalog.update.microsof...updateid=8ee52ba0-bdef-4009-88cf-335a678dd67a ) and install it manually by right clicking on QHUSB_BULK and selecting "Update driver software" and "Browse my computer for driver software" to where you downloaded CAB file.

MSM tool is stuck on "Param pre-processing"

Ensure you're using the Qualcomm drivers linked in first part of this FAQ.

What is SMT Download mode?

Just don't try to unlock that mode, it will wipe your IMEI and your Widevine certificate if you use it.

Credits:

@aleck0112 for confirming tool works with HD1900 version
@anirudhgupta109 for sharing original link of 10.0.4 HD65AA from OnePlus
@Titokhan for being a friend and providing inspiration in writing
@headsh0t95 for being a friend and suggesting me to request an access to upload files on AndroidFileHost now one year ago for my previous threads
@AndroidFileHost for the hosting
OnePlus for the device and OS

Last edited:

corey103

Jan 13, 2013
Awesome! Now we wait for the ability to convert the T-Mobile version to the International version.

Last edited:
Awesome! Now we wait for the ability to convert the T-Mobile version to the International version.

There's probably some potential if T-Mobile one got released. Not to mention that in case something goes wrong it will be nice for you to be able to go back to T-Mobile firmware.

Even if I don't own the devices, I remember that what was done six months ago for the 7 Pro was patching the OPS file directly and unchecking SHA256 check box in MSM tool window as OnePlus implemented additional protections disallowing to patch the .exe directly in the same way at what was done for the 6T. My guess is same will have to be done for 7T.

ewhiz

Apr 20, 2010
Berlin
Unsupported Target EU

Thanks a lot for providing this for all of us!

However, I just did it and it stopped after 6s stating: "Unsupported Target EU". Does this have something to do with my device being the EU-Version? Doesn't the MSM Tool work for my device?

Thanks a lot for providing this for all of us!

However, I just did it and it stopped after 6s stating: "Unsupported Target EU". Does this have something to do with my device being the EU-Version? Doesn't the MSM Tool work for my device?

That might be due to that indeed and that's very weird as for OnePlus 7 and OnePlus 7 Pro MSM tools allowed you to crossflash build without any issue ...

I have a OnePlus 7T with Indian firmware installed.Will this tool help me to convert to International?

I believe that choosing target as international will allow you to switch to international firmware. Note that I however did not try as I do not own a unit. Feel free to do so and report back and don't forget that it will wipe all your internal storage!

Need 7T Pro's Unbrick tool

I'm afraid you didn't manage to find 7T Pro forum

Does anybody know how to get a MSMDownloadTool for the EU-Version of Oneplus 7T (HD1903)?

You can get it from support if your device bricked.

Is it necessary to have the bootloader unlocked?

Tool should work regardless of bootloader state.

Last edited:

WillSmith89

Jan 19, 2019
I believe that choosing target as international will allow you to switch to international firmware. Note that I however did not try as I do not own a unit. Feel free to do so and report back and don't forget that it will wipe all your internal storage!

I'm afraid you didn't manage to find 7T Pro forum

You can get it from support if your device bricked.

Tool should work regardless of bootloader state.
Any chances of IMEI getting corrupted if I convert from Indian to international?

ewhiz

Apr 20, 2010
Berlin
Does anybody know how to get a MSMDownloadTool for the EU-Version of Oneplus 7T (HD1903)?

Probably not necessary. I just took the leep in the dark and went with "O2". And it all worked fine!

My 7t was hard bricked (only qualcomm modem working), and German OnePlus support wouldn't even want to get me the MSM tool (they said they didn't have it at their disposal, yet). Now, after using just this thread's exact MSM tool, with O2 Setting, my 7t is back on and I even manavged to fully root it!

dorianstgt

Jan 12, 2013
Stuttgart
Probably not necessary. I just took the leep in the dark and went with "O2". And it all worked fine!

My 7t was hard bricked (only qualcomm modem working), and German OnePlus support wouldn't even want to get me the MSM tool (they said they didn't have it at their disposal, yet). Now, after using just this thread's exact MSM tool, with O2 Setting, my 7t is back on and I even manavged to fully root it!

Thank you, is it still shown as HD1903? European version?

Reactions: Chiassard

Chiassard

Nov 1, 2019

That is really great to you went and took the risk for us!

Now I cannot wait to try this at home in a couple days on my hard-bricked French OP7T. For the anecdote, I got kind of the same response you did, from the French support chat. That they don't have the flashing tool at their disposal yet. Sounds like bull, but they apparently won't to a remote flash for us in Europe. Myself I really didn't want to send it for repair after reading the horrendous stories about OnePlus service centers. Neither did I really look forward to taking another spin at the OLED screen lottery! Thanks for that, man.

Reactions: ewhiz

aleck0112

Jan 5, 2017
how do I know the phone got into EDL mode?

Nevermind, it worked. OP pls note that this tool also works for HD1900 version

---------- Post added at 02:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:17 PM ----------

can you share the patched boot file you used to root it without losing wifi? You used this tool so you should have the 10.0.4 HD65AA version of rom yes? So what was the file you used?

Last edited:
Reactions: spoonymoon

Top Liked Posts