don't get Andida battery

Search This thread

sovereignty68

Jun 9, 2006
original battery lasted me about 15hr on moderate use. With Andida, it gave me 5 hours. Not sure what was wrong with it or my phone. I'm gonna try it out for a few more days. I paid 15 bucks for and I was expecting at least 1800mah from it though it was advertised at 2250mah, but from my experience it performed worse than I expected. Packaging was very nice, I feel like I paid $10 on the packaging quality, not the product. Also, the weight on Andida is lighter than the original one. That wasn't the case when I got Anker battery for my sensation.

Last edited:
Reactions: vickfred

talltexan

May 17, 2009
So did you give it one full charge and one depletion? Also do you have pictures? The more information you have the better. Maybe even a screenshot showing the usage throughout the day comparing it to your original one.

eTechUncut

Feb 26, 2010
Boston MA
im on my second day of conditioning. i used juice offender to drain the battery quick, charged overnight to 100, wiped stats, then juice offender on my way to work then i let it charge up all day (9 hours) wiped stats again. i just took it off the charge about an hour ago and im already at 88%. im running a stock bloat free rom without syncing ANYTHING. no background syncing apps installed. im going to give this one more day of conditioning. so far no good.

eTechUncut

Feb 26, 2010
Boston MA
so far, the battery life is about the same. off the charge at 7am and I'm at 91 by 8am. all I did was listen to music through my headphones omw to work. stick to OEM. its good to have a spare though.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using xda premium

avarize

Dec 30, 2011
Virginia
im on my second day of conditioning. i used juice offender to drain the battery quick, charged overnight to 100, wiped stats, then juice offender on my way to work then i let it charge up all day (9 hours) wiped stats again. i just took it off the charge about an hour ago and im already at 88%. im running a stock bloat free rom without syncing ANYTHING. no background syncing apps installed. im going to give this one more day of conditioning. so far no good.

You know that wiping stats doesn't do anything right?

Reactions: eTechUncut

eTechUncut

Feb 26, 2010
Boston MA
have you used the battery calibration app to calibrate once you hit 100%?

i do but i flash so much that i forget that i have it in titanium backup (over 1,000 apps). i usually do all my configurations manually. correct me if im wrong but doesnt the app only wipe the battery stats and generates a 100% battery file?

*update on the andida battery: i have plume and facebook updating every 4 hours. beautiful widgets 3 hours and 2 push gmails 1 corporate push running. did 10 mins of ebaying. tracked 12 packages on ups app. 40% screen brightness and 20 minutes of calls since 7am today. with four hours past, i am down to 62% battery. i am running the latest juggernaut rom. thank god i bought an anker slimtalk 3200 mAH power bank! at this rate i would probably get about 9-10 hours off a charge. combined with the anker slimtalk, i can probably last a full day.

eTechUncut

Feb 26, 2010
Boston MA
just got this bad boy in the mail. bye bye andida.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1331313337066.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1331313337066.jpg
    193.6 KB · Views: 139

avarize

Dec 30, 2011
Virginia

Directly quoted from Google engineering Google+ page

"This file [batterystats.bin] is used to maintain, across reboots, low-level data about the kinds of operations the device and your apps are doing between battery changes. That is, it is solely used to compute the blame for battery usage shown in the "Battery Use" UI in settings. That is, it has deeply significant things like "app X held a wake lock for 2 minutes" and "the screen was on at 60% brightness for 10 minutes."

It has no impact on the current battery level shown to you. It has no impact on your battery life."

eTechUncut

Feb 26, 2010
Boston MA

"This file [batterystats.bin] is used to maintain, across reboots, low-level data about the kinds of operations the device and your apps are doing between battery changes. That is, it is solely used to compute the blame for battery usage shown in the "Battery Use" UI in settings. That is, it has deeply significant things like "app X held a wake lock for 2 minutes" and "the screen was on at 60% brightness for 10 minutes."

It has no impact on the current battery level shown to you. It has no impact on your battery life."

ok with that being stated, what if i told you that i wipe the battery stats just to clear the battery settings ui so i can see a fresh charge/discharge? sometimes when i reboot on some custom roms, the battery stats will say ive been discharging for X amount of mins/hours when they were supposed to clear on the reboot. i also know that you can easily read the slope to figure out the charge/discharge time but i always start off fresh on everything. diane does prove her fact but you have to remember that im not flashing bug-free stock roms.

G1_enthusiast

Oct 11, 2009
i have weather update every 1 hour, facebook every 30 min, 2 gmail push, a whole lot of tune in radio (1-2 hours), which use alot of network bandwidth screen on 100% text about 50 text, about an hour of surfing (i check stock alot)

also lock my clock rate to 1.51ghz running at all time except for when off, using beastmod latest version

from 6 in the morning till 9 at night i have about 5-10% left but then again i'm using seido :) lol sorry just wanna brag.

eTechUncut

Feb 26, 2010
Boston MA
screen shots to show what i mean. i defiantly did not have my cell on over night. it took till about 11pm last night for juice offender to drain my battery. after that i skipped the battery stat wipe and charged the battery with the phone off. rebooted at about 6 this morning. just thought to check the stats and this is what i got. it appears that ive been on stand by for 11 hours when actually im at 100%. the second screen shot shows the battery after i wiped the stats. this is why i wipe my stats.

screenshot-1331388125068.jpg screenshot-1331389347951.jpg

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    original battery lasted me about 15hr on moderate use. With Andida, it gave me 5 hours. Not sure what was wrong with it or my phone. I'm gonna try it out for a few more days. I paid 15 bucks for and I was expecting at least 1800mah from it though it was advertised at 2250mah, but from my experience it performed worse than I expected. Packaging was very nice, I feel like I paid $10 on the packaging quality, not the product. Also, the weight on Andida is lighter than the original one. That wasn't the case when I got Anker battery for my sensation.

You know that wiping stats doesn't do anything right?

i have weather update every 1 hour, facebook every 30 min, 2 gmail push, a whole lot of tune in radio (1-2 hours), which use alot of network bandwidth screen on 100% text about 50 text, about an hour of surfing (i check stock alot)

also lock my clock rate to 1.51ghz running at all time except for when off, using beastmod latest version

from 6 in the morning till 9 at night i have about 5-10% left but then again i'm using seido :) lol sorry just wanna brag.