[ROM] cyano + stock

Search This thread

Mioze7Ae

Retired Recognized Developer
Dec 27, 2010
Queen City of the West
Google Pixel 7
Here's a patch (apply as OR update) for peshovec's update-cm-7.1.0-MilestoneXT720-beta-04042012-signed.zip that adds support for xt720mod.sbf (sensorfix.ko) and sets default density back to 240.

So far memory use seems to be much, much more sane than I've experienced in the compiled CM7's for XT720 that I've tried. nadlabak's sneaky process reassignment/vm merging tricks seem to work quite well. I'm not hating it yet and by now I'd usually have a growing bad feeling about CM7 ;) I am seeing more FC's than I expect but the logcats do seem to be pointing at problems in the apps rather than say the framework etc.

Attachments

• peshovec-patch-20120404-2123.zip
    188.3 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:

3rdstring

Dec 19, 2010
Cincinnati
Here's a patch (apply as OR update) for peshovec's update-cm-7.1.0-MilestoneXT720-beta-04042012-signed.zip that adds support for xt720mod.sbf (sensorfix.ko) and sets default density back to 240.

So far memory use seems to be much, much more sane than I've experienced in the compiled CM7's for XT720 that I've tried. nadlabak's sneaky process reassignment/vm merging tricks seem to work quite well. I'm not hating it yet and by now I'd usually have a growing bad feeling about CM7 ;) I am seeing more FC's than I expect but the logcats do seem to be pointing at problems in the apps rather than say the framework etc.

I get an invalid zip file with both windows native zip functionality & 7zip on this patch. Has anyone else seen this?

LibertyMonger

Mar 13, 2011
Cincinnati
WOW This ROM is superfast and amazing! Great work peshovec!

Camera works great as well! This is definitely a winner!

Last edited:

medalstone

Oct 28, 2011
Ho Chi Minh City
i'm on sbfmod, data network have problem, when i change 3G to 2G, the icon only show G instead of E like another ROM, and sometime it's cannot connect.
If use normal stock sbf, it OK, but i want to use sbfmod cause it have large internal storage.

Last edited:

eejin2

May 8, 2011
Singapore
Trying this rom out now, very smooth, no problems so far. I set the lcd density to 230 though.

just realised i dont have gapps! where do i download it?

edit: nevermind, i downloaded gapps from cyanogenmod wiki already, thanks.

Last edited:

Mioze7Ae

Retired Recognized Developer
Dec 27, 2010
Queen City of the West
Google Pixel 7
i'm on sbfmod, data network have problem, when i change 3G to 2G, the icon only show G instead of E like another ROM, and sometime it's cannot connect.
If use normal stock sbf, it OK, but i want to use sbfmod cause it have large internal storage.

I'm seeing similar things on xt720mod.sbf (In my case I see 3G instead of H). But I'm not sure it isn't just cosmetic. One thing peshovec does differently is to mount the cust partition on /system/etc/motorola. Most XT720 and A853 roms don't do that. /system/etc/motorola contains a lot of the stuff related to carrier customizations and baseband. I have no idea which cust partition is on modsbf.

Last edited:

peshovec

Nov 11, 2010
as i suppose, that everybody is like me (e.g. if a thread is not marked to contain something new, do not read it :):):) :)

i will make a bump, as i have modified the first topic (basically 9. is the new part, but i suppose (as i just update it from time to time) that if you have not looked here for a while, you will discover other new for you information :) )

LibertyMonger

Mar 13, 2011
Cincinnati
Howdy all. Just flashed this on my nieces phone and after restoring 50 apps it ran out of space. Do I need to flash with sbf mod? Or what can I do? Really looking forward to this great ROM but need more space.

Sent from my Nexus S using XDA

warrenlday

Mar 30, 2007
Howdy all. Just flashed this on my nieces phone and after restoring 50 apps it ran out of space. Do I need to flash with sbf mod? Or what can I do? Really looking forward to this great ROM but need more space.

Sent from my Nexus S using XDA

I'm running it on Modsbf and have 49 apps, 149 used/110 free internal, 124 used/18 free

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    First i'd like to say thanks (sorry but the list will not be complete)

nadlabak
    Mioze7ae
    fjfalcon

Second: I prefer not to start new thread, but this way it will be easier to track the feedbacks.

My point of view is that this thread will be temporary (till feedbacks are collected)

Ok after this introduction let's go...

As i was playing about hdmi stuff, some side effects occur:D

so some "technical" stuff.

in VideoPlayerMoto.apk is defined hdmi_status (so extdispservice seems to load ok)

then i decide to include MediaGallery.apk, which requires Gestures..so far so good...

btw,MediaGallery crashes (suspect thumbnail cache), but before that it tries hard to make me happy (e.g. turn the media leds on).

Then thing get the wrong direction .

I brute forced the stock framework and discover that in framework-res.apk there is (after smali) com/motorola/hardware/LED.* :)

so i just renamed it and put it in the system...,which is wrong!!

the right way is to pick the smali and incorporate it in framework/base (which will generate framework-res.apk)

other not so wrong way is from selected smali's to generate small and different framework apk...

but as i said i did it wrong (brute)

Ok now about the feedbacks.

If you have enough space on the system (the linked file is about 5Mb larger than usual) you can test from:

https://github.com/peshovec/playground/downloads
    test-feedback-it-please.zip — for testing purposes, please feedback it
    removed

it is expected to have all the features from the last test build + media key working almost as in the stock roms

p.s. for the MediaGallery.apk to install you have to add
    Code:
        <library name="com.motorola.aui" 
                file="/system/framework/com.motorola.aui.jar"/>
    in /system/etc/permissions/platform.xml

should look like that
    Code:
    snip........

<library name="javax.obex"
                file="/system/framework/javax.obex.jar"/>

</permissions>

(will have to figure out how to include it)

Again do your backup, and if you want to give some of your spare time, install it (after making backup), test it and give feedback please

add info...

Proof Of Concept hdmi out works:) just played a little with a realhdmi and a hdmi-dvi adapter.... the plan is to implement the stock behavior too (that;s why MediaGalery is introduced)

updates
    1. sound dosen't work,because of duplicating frameworks-res, the sound-fix.zip should fix that (apply via updates)

2. sound-fix.zip no more needed, use update-cm-7.1.0-MilestoneXT720-beta-25012012-signed.zip — testing, stock hdmi out need feedbacks
    stock hdmi out works (hdmi-dvi to a dvi monitor), please test and share feedback

3. overclock:
    Thanks to vlad-it, i took a look at it (honestly, i do not overclock at least for now)
    so you have to insert symsearch.ko before overclock.ko

e.g in /system/etc/rootfs//init.mapphone_umts.rc

Code:
        #insmod /system/lib/modules/symsearch.ko
        #insmod /system/lib/modules/cpufreq_conservative.ko
        #insmod /system/lib/modules/cpufreq_interactive.ko
        #insmod /system/lib/modules/cpufreq_smartass.ko
        #insmod /system/lib/modules/overclock.ko

should be atleast

Code:
        insmod /system/lib/modules/symsearch.ko
        #insmod /system/lib/modules/cpufreq_conservative.ko
        #insmod /system/lib/modules/cpufreq_interactive.ko
        #insmod /system/lib/modules/cpufreq_smartass.ko
        insmod /system/lib/modules/overclock.ko

as you can see here http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=22305986&postcount=3 all the addresses are discovered
    it should be possible to pass directly to insmod overclock all the necessary parameters (the bug in insmod, which takes into the account just the first parameter is marked fixed some time ago) e.g. frequency and voltage
    *remark actually the bug was in init,which doesn't pass all parameters to insmod

4. media key (playalka.zip):
    If screen is locked, pressing media key will start the music (like the headset button). If you enable in cyanomod settings camera key, you will be able to "blind" use the phone as a player, with headphones which doesn't have button (hence the code name playalka, pronounced плейялка [pleɪjɑlka] )
    e.g. media key to start the music
    camera key to play/pause
    volume up/down holding to go to next/previous song

5. lcd density
    I prepare 3 scripts, which will allow to change "Resolution" inside OpenRecovery
    https://github.com/CyanogenModXT720...mmit/2bd1b18d666f73a5d0307ad0875f598656fa21b9

you can grab them and put in /sdcard/OpenRecovery/scripts then you can use them.
    Please make a backup of Your /system/build.prop before that

6. update-cm-7.1.0-MilestoneXT720-beta-20022012-signed.zip — md5sum b01d4f8aa960932c8b05662e23210d6e
    noticeable: more stable MediaGalery , and under-hoods modifications
    Please if you are able test hdmi with video and observe if (and where) there is a sound

7. update-cm-7.1.0-MilestoneXT720-beta-09032012-signed.zip — md5: 073153033a4d8e543e4ed65341f71557 underhood optimizations, sync to upstream, picked (not merged yet) features, need testers about hdmi and ui cloning (defaults are safe, has to be enabled in build.prop)

if You are able to test hdmi please:
    get the openrecovery scripts from here https://github.com/CyanogenModXT720/openrecovery_xt720/tree/master/OpenRecovery/scripts (namely: the on/off ones)
    1. execute all the on scripts. (they will uncomment some entries in the build.prop
    2. com.ti.have_hdmi=1 this will turn on some hdmi intents in the framework
    3. com.ti.omap_enhancement=1 will turn on additional hdmi calls (mostly to omapmmlibrary)
    4. tv.hdmi.uicloning.enable=1 is self explainable

then observe for bugs:)
    run some usage test and scenarios involving connecting/disconnecting hdmi device during:
    playing with still media (e.g. pictures)
    playing with video
    playing with just music​

will appreciate feedbacks

8. 04.04.2012 (md5sum c684a341721d0b59deb6fa507a70cf8e), memory tester.
    Mostly memory related changes. Visible change: jpeg-turbo instead of jpeg

9. update-cm-7.1.0-MilestoneXT720-beta-17042012-signed.zip — md5: f30f35d0c22349a1f34d5aef873dc511 Synced, mms and dockaudio in systemui, cron enabled (default 4am /cdrom/4am.sh), toggable via CMParts
    +again try for fine memory tweak
    usage of the crond is for example to kill once a daily several application ot once, helping (or at least hope to help) with memory fragmentation
    my testing seems good
    by default cron will run at 4 am the script in /cdrom/4am.sh
    my current one is very simple
    #!/system/xbin/ash
    pkill "zeam|systemui|phone|gapps|dockau|mediaser"
    killing the phone, will make the phone to reregister to the network. During this time (few seconds), you can not use it as phone, no incoming/outgoing calls, no messages, no data too although this is just few seconds.. be warned. You can choose what to "restart" once per day observing processes with procrank

Of course that just an example usage:) You can use it for what you want/need.
    I will repeat:
    by default crond is enabled
    can be disabled in CMParts->application
    by default will execute in 4am the script in /cdrom/4am.sh
    cron configuration is at /system/etc/cron.d/crontabs/root file​

mms application is now part of the systemui. You will not see it under running applications, if you rely (as me for credit card notifications) on the messaging subsystem, just make sure it will work for you (just big fat warning, problems with the messaging are not expected, e.g. it has to be locked if it is supposed to be)​

https://github.com/peshovec/playground/downloads
    On xt720mod.sbf comment the line in /system/etc/rootfs/unit.mapphone_umts.rc that mounts mtd@cust on /system/etc/motorola (I.e. put # character at start of line) and reboot. Seems to have fixed wireless data for me.
    MediaGallery works

Ok, have figured it out

the MediaGallery.apk (and VideoPlayer) from the stock finally are working.

about external jar, still search how to integrate them with framework.jar the right way....

But for now thing are so:

in the AndroidManifest.xml in MediaGallery.apk there is:
    Code:
                    <uses-library
                            android:name="com.motorola.aui"
                            >
                    </uses-library>

so i just insert into com.motorola.aui.jar additional led and mediastorage

after editing platform.xml
    Code:

MediaGallery works (the option Display on Tv is available and is starting to search the hdmi device:), same applies to the VideoPlayer

will try to figure out how to make the change in platform.xml persistent (e.g. without need for modifying it later) and will replace the test build

update:
    ok new test build
    update-cm-7.1.0-MilestoneXT720-beta-25012012-signed.zip — testing, stock hdmi out need feedbacks
    tv out from mediagallery works (hdmi cable via hdmi-dvi to advi monitor)

please test and report (also in this build i forgot to remote gallery launch service, so media key will work somehow...)
    no additional changes to platform.xml are needed anymore
    It doesn't seem to be working for me either. The Camera app just freezes after pressing the button to start recording.

well,
    as i had run tests with both stock and fastboot kernel, probably i am using a little different version...

so with this update:
    https://github.com/downloads/peshovec/playground/my-video-working.zip

i am able to record video (tested just "wide")

i will appreciate feedbacks if it works for you too... (or not)