[GB/JB] ***Feralab*** Discussion Thread - Break The Limits...

Do you want Ferat to make a Rom / Firmware that looks and feels like Xperia Z3 / Z4?

• I don't care

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Search This thread

nanodroid

Nov 18, 2010
Fife,UK
Awesome! but I will suggest you first make your kernel NOT overclocked, to test stability,1-2 days then we can talk about overclocking. (please do not take it wrong) but kernel is being a big pain in the ass, even following your instructions (lower speeds, etc)

FeraVolt

Dec 30, 2011
www.facebook.com
Awesome! but I will suggest you first make your kernel NOT overclocked, to test stability,1-2 days then we can talk about overclocking. (please do not take it wrong) but kernel is being a big pain in the ass, even following your instructions (lower speeds, etc)

Dont worry dude) I will make 2 versions..one 1190.4 mhz and another 1036 mhz

Fantastic 7

Mar 25, 2011
Hii guys

Just one question (stupid question)

can anybody explain what does EXT4 do for me ??

Or how can i have any benefit of it ??

NuriJ

Nov 25, 2011
Hii guys

Just one question (stupid question)

can anybody explain what does EXT4 do for me ??

Or how can i have any benefit of it ??

Ext4

• Ext4 stands for fourth extended file system.
  • It was introduced in 2008.
  • Starting from Linux Kernel 2.6.19 ext4 was available.
  • Supports huge individual file size and overall file system size.
  • Maximum individual file size can be from 16 GB to 16 TB
  • Overall maximum ext4 file system size is 1 EB (exabyte). 1 EB = 1024 PB (petabyte). 1 PB = 1024 TB (terabyte).
  • Directory can contain a maximum of 64,000 subdirectories (as opposed to 32,000 in ext3)
  • You can also mount an existing ext3 fs as ext4 fs (without having to upgrade it).
  • Several other new features are introduced in ext4: multiblock allocation, delayed allocation, journal checksum. fast fsck, etc. All you need to know is that these new features have improved the performance and reliability of the filesystem when compared to ext3.
  • In ext4, you also have the option of turning the journaling feature “off”.

Look here for more info ;) http://www.thegeekstuff.com/2011/05/ext2-ext3-ext4/

Fantastic 7

Mar 25, 2011
Ext4

• Ext4 stands for fourth extended file system.
  • It was introduced in 2008.
  • Starting from Linux Kernel 2.6.19 ext4 was available.
  • Supports huge individual file size and overall file system size.
  • Maximum individual file size can be from 16 GB to 16 TB
  • Overall maximum ext4 file system size is 1 EB (exabyte). 1 EB = 1024 PB (petabyte). 1 PB = 1024 TB (terabyte).
  • Directory can contain a maximum of 64,000 subdirectories (as opposed to 32,000 in ext3)
  • You can also mount an existing ext3 fs as ext4 fs (without having to upgrade it).
  • Several other new features are introduced in ext4: multiblock allocation, delayed allocation, journal checksum. fast fsck, etc. All you need to know is that these new features have improved the performance and reliability of the filesystem when compared to ext3.
  • In ext4, you also have the option of turning the journaling feature “off”.

Look here for more info ;) http://www.thegeekstuff.com/2011/05/ext2-ext3-ext4/

Thanks a lot for the infos but

Should I make the partition of my sdCard to ext4 manually or just install the Rom ?? :)

Ishan Sardar

Jan 11, 2010
Dhaka
Ok I just installed the rom and these are the things that happened and I just wanted to know if its normal:

After the installation (ofcourse as instructed) I did a reboot and then I got the main screen right after, no setup wizard etc etc nothing at all.

Then I had about 6-7 automatic half restarts (means restart started from xperia screen) and a full reboot (started from sony ericsson logo)

Note: All restarts were automatic I didn't do a single thing, I couldn't even get any chance to go to menu as the restarts were soo frequent.

After All that now it seems to be okay i mean its fast and no restarts, not yet!! (phone has been like this for 15 mins now, not much activity tho, just going to menus and slide and stuff) oh and 1 more thing I don't get any lockscreen.

Thank you!!

Last edited:

FeraVolt

Dec 30, 2011
www.facebook.com
Ok I just installed the rom and these are the things that happened and I just wanted to know if its normal:

After the installation (ofcourse as instructed) I did a reboot and then I got the main screen right after, no setup wizard etc etc nothing at all.

Then I had about 6-7 automatic half restarts (means restart started from xperia screen) and a full reboot (started from sony ericsson logo)

Note: All restarts were automatic I didn't do a single thing, I couldn't even get any chance to go to menu as the restarts were soo frequent.

After All that now it seems to be okay i mean its fast and no restarts, not yet!! (phone has been like this for 15 mins now, not much activity tho, just going to menus and slide and stuff) oh and 1 more thing I don't get any lockscreen.

Thank you!!

Reinstall rom

maniaco84

Nov 22, 2009
Hi all! first of all great rom! i have two question, i have flashed Enlighter Script but I want to reinstall the stock browser...how i can do? and also I would ask if possible change the fonts-text? many thanks :)

x10forevers

hi all! First of all great rom! I have two question, i have flashed enlighter script but i want to reinstall the stock browser...how i can do? And also i would ask if possible change the fonts-text? Many thanks :)

copy the browser app from zip and put it to the
\system\app folder using any rootexplorer and change permission to execute for every option available

there you go
if u didnt see the browser app still
restart the phone
go to recovery fix permission...

spiritedwithin

Jul 26, 2011
Singapore
And the stock font is within the stock browser's bookmark. It can be downloaded from fera's mediafire and flash through xrecovery.

Sent from my Xperia X10 using XDA

Nasa1975

Jan 10, 2008
Zagreb
My x10 stuck after flashing.... please help

Hi,

I installed v14 ~Volt~ ROM and after flashing I restarted the phone. The SonyEricsson logo is appear and the phone is stuck on it.

Please help.

Ishan Sardar

Jan 11, 2010
Dhaka
hey guys fera said if we get random reboots we need to:

"try to delete with RootExplorer this file
/system/etc/init.d/07g"

I wanted to know if this is gonna effect the performance in any way!!

prioxxx

Mar 8, 2011
Greece-Patra
The rom is great!I had some issues with some HD games but I fixed it with changing the phone from x10 to desire HD.By the way in one game(Gangstar) which isn't hd,when I play I see only black and white screens and the controls of game is pretty fast!I can't explain!Thanks for this amazing rom!

Delnic

Aug 1, 2011
Strange number in voicemail notification

Hi everybody !

First i want to say that this is the most amazing rom ever... from the installation script to the smooth of the rom, everything is perfect!!!

...except that weird issue :
When someone let a message on my provider voicemail, i receive a notification.
When i push the notification, it usualy call my voicemail so i can heard the message.
but with this rom, it call an unknow international number (+81-90-3101-4170).
When i try to configure voicemail, (Setting > Call setting > Network service setting > Voicemail > Check Setting) it says that i have a "Connection problem or invalid MMI code"

Does anyone can help me to solve this ?

Thanks !
Delnic

9andar

Jun 30, 2010
Domerat
Hi everybody !

First i want to say that this is the most amazing rom ever... from the installation script to the smooth of the rom, everything is perfect!!!

...except that weird issue :
When someone let a message on my provider voicemail, i receive a notification.
When i push the notification, it usualy call my voicemail so i can heard the message.
but with this rom, it call an unknow international number (+81-90-3101-4170).
When i try to configure voicemail, (Setting > Call setting > Network service setting > Voicemail > Check Setting) it says that i have a "Connection problem or invalid MMI code"

Does anyone can help me to solve this ?

Thanks !
Delnic

Use search button man... this was already solve...

I'm in a good mood ----) HERE

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello everybody. v11 will be a bit delayed cuz i'm a bit busy and i have toi study and feeling a bit thick and also i want to fix all bugs and due to i'm still trying to import lockscreen music widget. but rom is already rocking. new beautifull effects and overall view.. trying to make it stable with all the things it have also doing some experiments with kernel and bttery. was reading linux wiki a bit).
    about the discussion of my rom.
    I don't f***ing care what you say about it.First and first of all I make this rom for myself..to make it loved by me firstly, because when you do something for yourself, you will do it much better then for anybody else... so after i make any version for me), i juxt share it with you.. share with my work... but of cours i don't make it completely for me. I'm reading every post and try to make this rom good for all (including me) using your suggestions and wishes..watching to your bugreports. and i want to thank you all for that.Of course after every release i'm being nervous reading every post refreshing the page and waiting for users reactions..if they like what i've done or not. and of cource i'm getting sad when see that someone is not satisfied or got wlods for ex... or simply can't install properly...and also i'm gettig happy and glad when i see happy people. i like to make people happy...not sad... and not only with making roms... in real life...just go and smile to the stranger outside and make him a bit happy. So I share my work with you not to make you sad. some peaple when flash rom..start to find firstly bugs..not it's advances..and they start to think that's buggy rom withiout continuing to try. I wanted to leave xda and i already left it...but for one day :D cuz i miss you guys and i miss my work..i like the thing i do and it gives me some kind of pleasure..and every work you do with love will be a good work.
    In v11 there will be superb sound improvement...f***ing cool design and animations. keep trying to port Pdroid and make charging led to off on full charge. also keep trying to port media plyer lockscreen widget...xperia s keyboard and mms bug fix(keep on trying to fix) and more and more tweaks and improvements. so please be patient..this release gonna be i thenk the best i ever released... so it will take time to test it and improve. hope you like it. thank you.
    v20 Final ready
    Juiced my brain and made some great end in Gingerbread series

I will leave xda somewhere in 10th June so now lets rock :cool:
    the rest time will be for ICS and CM7 and then I go)...have to work somewhere cuz I will damn die here) need some money :D
    Testing rom now and when will say DONE! - then its DONE :D
    Change log of v20 will die with me when time comes :D:D so..
    But I think you all will notice the changes by your own ;)
    Believe me its big) all is fixed and updated..

Have fun and be happy)
    Thanks for using FeraLab
    Hi there Fera Fans & Friends!
    I've succeeded in buying a nice, good working X10 for our Great Developer Master Fera :cool:
    I payed already the price of 71+4,90 € & as soon as I have it, I'll post it to Istanbul, so Fera can do what he's best of doing with this X10!!!
    If you like You can donate something towards me & be part of helping Fera ;getting back his beloved X10
    PayPal account: jseehaus@gmail.com

Best regards
    To Everyone

This is the introductory video for Feralab :D
    Feel free to comment on it

If you like than hit thanx....
    wtf...

If you're asking yourself or me...WTF maan? why your rom is paid... I will tell you here...
    If you say that paid rom is not a good idea and you always make or download rom for free..i will say that it is your business.. Also rom will be free for all in 3 days from release.
    v13.5 version of my rom was a realy hard work. I made some unique for stock roms things in this version and it was pretty hard to do but I succeed. So firstly please respect my efforts. The other reason is...that rom is extremily stable and fast...the perfect rom... I think you can remember my previous paid rom..it was also very cool.. and i dont make sh*t paid.. i make it paid only if it realy deserves it.
    The other and mostly main reason is that i'm poor..realy... i'm a simple student studying abroad alone ...4000 km far from my home and i can't work here somewhere in mc'donalds cuz they asking turkish passport which i don't have sure.. I extremily need money. I hoard it for my plane ticket which is very expensive.. (529 f****ng dollars) and it is very big miney for me..my family is not rich also...my mother is housewife and my father is simple carpenter..and we have 3 children(including me :)) and the only reason i could study abroad is my brain and efforts..otherwise..i couldnt study at all..
    So please respect my work..if you don't have money or can't donate just wait 3 days..not so much..

Thank you very much...have fun.
    FeraVolt.