Screen quality

Search This thread
Jul 11, 2012
I can see the lines on any light coloured background, just easier to see on the white. They're about 1-2cm wide.

I'm hoping it's a defective screen rather than my sensitivity to them. I can see the lines every time I type an email or open a forum etc and it's driving me crazy. This is my first tablet and I'm enjoying its portability but not at the expense of a bad display - especially when it's being trumpeted as the best tablet display yet.

Will call Komplett tomorrow and see what they say. I'm still covered by 14 Day guarantee so I'll be refunded either way.

Did you try factory reset?

king231

Feb 11, 2013
Hyderabad
Google Pixel 7
I am not entirely sure what you mean with hand after images
But here you go
3ea37a18-111f-2696.jpg
3ea37a18-112d-afd6.jpg
3ea37a18-113a-b4bc.jpg

Not sure If you can see

Sent from my Asus Transformer Pad Infinity

Well that happens if you press the screen. Oh come on dude its not a resistive screen.

Bluemgt06

Apr 16, 2012
Motorola Razr 5G
If your having to press that hard on your screen to get it to register something is wrong, I barely have to touch mine to do anything on it. Even pressing really hard I barely got the lingering images on the screen.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk HD

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    It doesn't do it its perfect.. only if you press hard on the screen you'll get marks on your digitizer( only on white surfaces) which are going away really hard but if you close the screen or move the picture text anything in that place it goes away , not N issue because you kind of have to press hard.. but worth noting though

Sent from my Jelly Beaned GNexus
    Ok so I asked two people if they could see any lines on my screen and only 1 of them could just about make them out after I explained the easiest way to see them. The second person couldn't see them at all.

Now I'm getting a little paranoid, are all tabs like this but most people just don't notice, or do I have a bad build?

Can anyone with good eyesight and a TF700T please check this again for me?

In the forum with a mainly white background and your tablet in landscape mode, twist the tablet slowly left and right infront of your eyes (tilt it up if you like to reduce reflection) and tell me if you can see any faint verticle lines on your screen. They will move left and right as you twist the tablet back and forth.
    I can only assume its due to some kind of reflection between the screen and the gorilla glass.

What I'm trying to decide is whether I should return this for a refund or replacement. Right now I'm thinking refund but I'd like a tablet for my trip to Cologne during the first weekend in August :(

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using xda app-developers app

Yes, I can see some very, very (VERY!) faint lines but I have to really look for them. Won't ever bother me, and I haven't seen them before you explained how to "make" them. Probably to do with reflections, yes. Yours might be defective from the sound of it. That, or you're very sensitive to these things :p

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk 2
    Ok so I asked two people if they could see any lines on my screen and only 1 of them could just about make them out after I explained the easiest way to see them. The second person couldn't see them at all.

Now I'm getting a little paranoid, are all tabs like this but most people just don't notice, or do I have a bad build?

Can anyone with good eyesight and a TF700T please check this again for me?

In the forum with a mainly white background and your tablet in landscape mode, twist the tablet slowly left and right infront of your eyes (tilt it up if you like to reduce reflection) and tell me if you can see any faint verticle lines on your screen. They will move left and right as you twist the tablet back and forth.
    I can only assume its due to some kind of reflection between the screen and the gorilla glass.

What I'm trying to decide is whether I should return this for a refund or replacement. Right now I'm thinking refund but I'd like a tablet for my trip to Cologne during the first weekend in August :(

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using xda app-developers app

hey i really think that the faint vertical lines against white bg is just an illusion created from the viewer's perspective it maybe how a human brain signals itself to hey please stop concentrating on something that isn't there.
    its just my opinion though.
    Are the vertical lines really thick or thin??