[LG APP] Enable Group Messaging

Search This thread

player911

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 8, 2006
Cincinnati
www.SnapSiteAdmins.com
It was brought to my attention that some of these G2 variants aren't supplying their stock Messaging Apps with the ability to Group Message:

u919.png

And I'll soon Upload the APK from the Verizon LG G2 that has this feature. I don't know what it will break (if anything) and you will need Root and a file explorer to copy the file over.

Attached Uploaded files here.

The Name is LGUSMms.apk. So you will probably need to rename it to match whatever your existing MMS apk is named. Also the SMS portion, which may be needed to call the MMS apk is named VZWSMS (Verizon SMS). So it seems it is specific. This will also probably need to be renamed to match your existing Messaging.

I had to ZIP the files because of the size. So you would just unzip and manually move into:
Code:
 /SYSTEM/APP/

Also check permissions.

Attachments

• VzwSMS.zip
    21.1 KB · Views: 479
  • LGUSMms.zip
    8.5 MB · Views: 808
Last edited:

Mobius360

Nov 24, 2010
I think mine sends group messages fine but receives them individually. I'm on T-Mobile variant.

mikedeconboy

Jun 23, 2011
I think mine sends group messages fine but receives them individually. I'm on T-Mobile variant.

I have the T-Mobile variant too, I don't think it sends group messages but just sends mass messages. Which are two different things. ( I could be wrong)

I don't know why LG or T-Mobile could make this easier on everyone. Only solution that I know is to download a third-party app. Which sometimes for me messes with the original sms app. Plus, I love the popup for the original sms app.

Mobius360

Nov 24, 2010
I have the T-Mobile variant too, I don't think it sends group messages but just sends mass messages. Which are two different things. ( I could be wrong)

I don't know why LG or T-Mobile could make this easier on everyone. Only solution that I know is to download a third-party app. Which sometimes for me messes with the original sms app. Plus, I love the popup for the original sms app.

Yeah it allows you to send to 10 people. I can use go sms and group messages are fine.

I like the stock sms on the G2 as well but been using hangouts for most stuff now. Hangouts isn't quite fully-featured yet though so on occasion I will use stock. No more go sms unless I'm backing up messages.

KB112

Jan 13, 2010
East SF-Bay Area
No dice for me on Sprint. I didn't think it would be this easy, but I was hoping. Lol It didn't even show up in my App Drawer. Thanks for posting these though.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

player911

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 8, 2006
Cincinnati
www.SnapSiteAdmins.com
No dice for me on Sprint. I didn't think it would be this easy, but I was hoping. Lol It didn't even show up in my App Drawer. Thanks for posting these though.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Have you tried renaming them and replacing your existing apps?

LG is good at blocking apps from appearing in the launcher. The FM Radio is another example. I would think that if you made backups of your old APKs and replaced them with these, the tie-ins would allow it to be launched.

U4z

Mar 22, 2013
Not working here on AT&T either.

Sent from my LG-D800 using xda app-developers app

KB112

Jan 13, 2010
East SF-Bay Area
Have you tried renaming them and replacing your existing apps?

LG is good at blocking apps from appearing in the launcher. The FM Radio is another example. I would think that if you made backups of your old APKs and replaced them with these, the tie-ins would allow it to be launched.

Yeah, backed up my stock apk, loaded both files and their odex files. Set permissions to RW-R-R on all and rebooted. Didn't see anything. Then I tried just the mms apk by itself and nothing. Then I deleted the odex and tried that. Never got the app to show up in my app drawer. I didn't have to rename the file, it shares the exact same name.

Dễ.Thương

Nov 11, 2013
It was brought to my attention that some of these G2 variants aren't supplying their stock Messaging Apps with the ability to Group Message:

u919.png

And I'll soon Upload the APK from the Verizon LG G2 that has this feature. I don't know what it will break (if anything) and you will need Root and a file explorer to copy the file over.

The Name is LGUSMms.apk. So you will probably need to rename it to match whatever your existing MMS apk is named. Also the SMS portion, which may be needed to call the MMS apk is named VZWSMS (Verizon SMS). So it seems it is specific. This will also probably need to be renamed to match your existing Messaging.

I had to ZIP the files because of the size. So you would just unzip and manually move into:
Code:
 /SYSTEM/APP/

Also check permissions.
thanks bro .....:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D;););););););)

beachmiles

Feb 20, 2012
Redondo Beach
Cant believe a brand new flagship android phone does not have group mms. Insane. I'm using 8sms from the app store in the meantime. You have to remove the stock messaging app and set 8sms in standalone mode. It gets the job done pretty good.

Sent from my LG-D802 using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

shelbyisagirlsname

Aug 7, 2011
CA & AL
Sucks that it didn't come standard on some G2 Models. So instead, I use Textra app from play store. The best light weight sms/mms messaging app. Way smoother than stock one. Read the reviews...
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.textra

Sent from my G2

Yeah I'm going to give Textra a shot. I just wish it would work on the stock messaging app for the AT&T version. Maybe someone will figure out how to edit the AT&T messaging APK to allow for it.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda-developers app

SKyRocKeting727

Nov 22, 2011
Sacramento
Yeah I'm going to give Textra a shot. I just wish it would work on the stock messaging app for the AT&T version. Maybe someone will figure out how to edit the AT&T messaging APK to allow for it.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda-developers app

When you do, go to settings and enable group messaging.

Also, emojis and gif support is optional. Here are the direct links.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.textra.emoji

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.textra.gif

Sent from my G2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1388163179109.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1388163179109.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 489
Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

u919.png

Code:
     /SYSTEM/APP/

Also check permissions.
    The official Kitkat update seems to have fixed this with mine on the stock app. If you have AT&T you can get it OTA. T-Mobile requires the LG upgrade tool. God only knows when spring will get it.

I am on T-mobile and it fixes the wifi calling MMS bug too.
    Maybe someone with some Java experience can compare the Verizon APK to the AT&T apk to figure out what needs to be changed in order to enable group messaging? It would be greatly appreciated by many I'm sure :D

I'm reaching out to my main man from my S3 days to give me some ideas/pointers. I'll let you guys know one way or the other when I get something figured out...
    Sucks that it didn't come standard on some G2 Models. So instead, I use Textra app from play store. The best light weight sms/mms messaging app. Way smoother than stock one. Read the reviews...
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.textra

Sent from my G2
    Has this APK worked for anyone on AT&T?