[Q] Where to copy superSU zipfile

Search This thread

cbrace

Sep 17, 2011
Amsterdam
lim.nl
Hi all,

I am trying to root an HTC One; I'm following the instruction at htconeroot.com.

For some reason, I am getting stuck at the stage at which I am supposed to install CWM SuperSU.

I have the Android app QuickSSHD installed on my phone.

Using scp on my Linux laptop (Linux Mint 16), I transfer the SuperSU zip file to the phone, copying it to /sdcard/.

If I browse the phone using ES FIle Manager app, I can verify the zip file is there, along with the various other subdirectories under /sdcard/

However, when I reboot and go to the bootloader, click on Install, and then go to /sdcard/, I see nothing. No zipfile, no subdirs. I am wondering whether /sdcard/ is in fact mounted; it would seem not.

I have tried copying the SuperSU zipfile to the root directory of the phone, but that isn't possible; I don't seem to have write permissions.

From the instructions:
Sign in through the setup process then copy the CWM-SuperSU-v1.30.zip file in HTCOneRoot folder to anywhere on your HTC One’s internal storage.
However, it isn't clear to me precisely how I am supposed to do this -- or where it should go.

Am I missing something here?

Last edited:

brholt6

Oct 10, 2013
Hi all,

I am trying to root an HTC One; I'm following the instruction at htconeroot.com.

For some reason, I am getting stuck at the stage at which I am supposed to install CWM SuperSU.

Using scp on my Linux laptop (Linux Mint 16), I transfer the SuperSU zip file to the phone, copying it to /sdcard/.

If I browse the phone using ES FIle Manager app, I can verify the zip file is there, along with the various other subdirectories under /sdcard/

However, when I reboot and go to the bootloader, click on Install, and then go to /sdcard/, I see nothing. No zipfile, no subdirs. I am wondering whether /sdcard/ is in fact mounted; it would seem not.

I have tried copying the SuperSU zipfile to the root directory of the phone, but that isn't possible; I don't seem to have write permissions.

From the instructions: However, it isn't clear to me precisely how I am supposed to do this -- or where it should go.

Are you S-Off and unlocked? If that's the case, I believe there's a flashable zip (and instructional videos) in the TWRP thread. If you're not S-Off and unlocked yet, you'll want to look here:

http://firewater-soff.com/instructions/

You'll use the "temp root" method, but I believe you'll still have to be on 4.3 for it to work.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

lj50036

Feb 14, 2013
FUXDA
feedback

Hi all,

From the instructions: However, it isn't clear to me precisely how I am supposed to do this -- or where it should go.

Try moving the zip to /sdcard/0/ see if that helps at all...Let me know, thx lj

orangekid

Sr. Mod / Mod Committee / RC-RT Committee
Staff member
Apr 10, 2009
Moved to the HTC One Q&A (out of verizon) at the request of OP.

Reactions: lj50036

cbrace

Sep 17, 2011
Amsterdam
lim.nl
Thanks for moving this thread to the right place. Now, just to confirm: I have an HTC ONE which is unlocked; I bought it without a plan.

Try moving the zip to /sdcard/0/ see if that helps at all
I see that sub-directory on my Nexus tablet, so I know what you are referring to, but I don't see it on the ONE.

If you're not S-Off and unlocked yet, you'll want to look here:
Thanks, I am just getting up to speed here with the terminology. I've unlocked the booloader, but the phone is still S-ON.I'll try to get that sorted out now.

cbrace

Sep 17, 2011
Amsterdam
lim.nl
OK, I have used revone to set S-OFF

I have also installed, or at least run temproot.Yes, I see the # prompt.

But when I reboot and go into TWRP, it still can't see anything in /sdcard

It also says that the device does not appear to rooted.

Any thoughts on how best to move forward here?

I would like to be able to:
  1. Install Kitkat
  2. Deinstall some HTC cruft
Thanks

clsA

Aug 28, 2010
Central Florida

1. Install Kitkat
Thanks

If you do have a Verizon phone you would have better luck their.
But I'll try .. whats your fastboot getvar all results (minus your serial no and IEMI). What version of recovery are you using ?

lj50036

Feb 14, 2013
FUXDA

1. Install Kitkat
Thanks

So your PC can see your device in fastboot??? and your S-off and unlocked bootloader???

What is your end game do you want to be on the new stock 4.4.2 rooted or are you going to a Custom Rom???

lj50036

Feb 14, 2013
FUXDA
feedback

I'd be happy with the stock 4.4

Well as long as you can get to fastboot and your PC can see the phone and you are S-off and unlocked head over to this forum and read up... There will be a firmware update and than a rom flash... Just do your reading there is a lot of info but santod has done a very nice job....

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2485319

---------- Post added at 09:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:43 AM ----------

Just ask either here or there if you have any questions. I will be more than happy to help you get there....

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Moved to the HTC One Q&A (out of verizon) at the request of OP.