[Q]Insufficient storage space threat

Search This thread

Rovira

Oct 22, 2013
Hello guys,
I can see this is a very important think and has been asked by many folks, and I've been looking around for answers but couldn't find any real solution.
So, it seems that android platform deny you from installing apps when /data partition is under 10% of free space. For me, it means that if I have 500mb free, I still cannot install a 300kb app. Sounds ridicule, but they put this limitation among us. Searching on this forum and out, the only "solution" people give to us is cleaning obsolete files. It's not a real solution so I'm thinking about another way to solve this threat.

First, it looks that nobody knows how to remove this 10% restriction, that would be the real solution. so I was thinking about faking the /data partition total space, for example: mine is 5,4gb total space, so if I could make my phone think it's kind a 1gb total space, my 10% restriction would be less than it is now, kind a 100mb, so I would be able to use this 400mb that isn't occupied (100 + 400 = 500).

But I don't know if it's possible so I'm asking here.
I'm not asking how to change partition space, I only want to fake the total space that is shown, not to real change it.
I'm sorry if something is wrong, it's my first post, so if I did something wrong, tell me and I'll fix

Thanks

es0tericcha0s

May 6, 2010
mobilemojo5280.com
Hello guys,
I can see this is a very important think and has been asked by many folks, and I've been looking around for answers but couldn't find any real solution.
So, it seems that android platform deny you from installing apps when /data partition is under 10% of free space. For me, it means that if I have 500mb free, I still cannot install a 300kb app. Sounds ridicule, but they put this limitation among us. Searching on this forum and out, the only "solution" people give to us is cleaning obsolete files. It's not a real solution so I'm thinking about another way to solve this threat.

First, it looks that nobody knows how to remove this 10% restriction, that would be the real solution. so I was thinking about faking the /data partition total space, for example: mine is 5,4gb total space, so if I could make my phone think it's kind a 1gb total space, my 10% restriction would be less than it is now, kind a 100mb, so I would be able to use this 400mb that isn't occupied (100 + 400 = 500).

But I don't know if it's possible so I'm asking here.
I'm not asking how to change partition space, I only want to fake the total space that is shown, not to real change it.
I'm sorry if something is wrong, it's my first post, so if I did something wrong, tell me and I'll fix

Thanks

The real solution is to buy a phone with enough storage. ;) But seriously, this is a big issue, especially for budget phones. There are some options for workarounds but they all involve needing to root the phone and some solutions will work better or worse depending on your needs and the phone itself. Some of these solutions can require a bit of knowledge. Not suggested to try any of them without knowing how to restore the phone if something does not go right.

Examples:

Links2SD
http://www.xda-developers.com/android/guide-on-increasing-application-storage-with-link2sd/

Swapping mount points for internal and external storages
http://www.droidkube.com/how-to-swa...al-sd-card-memory-card-on-an-android-device/#

CronMod
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1716124

And those are ideas, not neccessarily ones that will work for your needs, but at least one of them should be able to be modded to be used for your device.