[SM-T325] CyanogenMod 11.0 UNOFFICIAL nightlies: Tab Pro 8.4 LTE (mondrianlte)

Search This thread

crpalmer

Inactive Recognized Developer
Mar 25, 2011
CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 4.4.2 (Kitkat), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
#include <std_disclaimer.h>

/*
 * Your warranty is now void.
 * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
 */

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit our Gerrit Code Review. Your changelog is whatever was merged into gerrit.

Instructions

First time flashing CyanogenMod 11.0 your device, or coming from another ROM?
Download the zip(s).
Install a compatible Recovery
Perform a NANDroid backup of your current ROM (Optional)
Wipe data & cache partitions of your device (required when coming from stock!).
Flash CyanogenMod.
Optional: Install the Google Apps addon package.

Known Issues

* See post #2

Other Issues?

Before posting on this thread, make sure of a few things:
You've utilized the search function of the forums. Nothing irritates me more than lazy people who do not search for an answer before asking.
If you are the only one having a problem. Boot into recovery, wipe data/factory reset, reflash the rom/gapps and nothing else. Boot up and see if the problem persists.
Make sure your post is relevant to this thread. "I'm having problems rooting/unlocking" is NOT relevant here.
LOGS LOGS LOGS!!!! Use this: SysLog by Tortel

Links

CyanogenMod: (use latest build): http://download.crpalmer.org/nightlies/mondrianlte/
* See the second post for most details about nightlies.

Google apps addon: (use latest kk gapps)
Download: http://goo.im/gapps
Mirror: http://download.crpalmer.org/downloads/gapps/

Source Repos::
* vendor
* kernel
* device: tabpro-common
* device: mondrianlte

The CyanogenMod team would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!

XDA:DevDB Information
Unofficial CyanogenMod 11.0 for MondrianLTE, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 12.2, 10.1, 8.4

Contributors
crpalmer

Version Information

Created 2014-06-23
Last Updated 2014-08-19

crpalmer

Mar 25, 2011
Nightlies

Nightlies:

Download:

SM-T325 (mondrianlte) nightlies folder

Known Issues:

* most of the bugs on JIRA for mondrianwifi.

Changelogs:

* Main CM changes (ignore device_samsung_mondrianwifi): cmxlog for mondrianwifi
* Tabpro common device changes
* Tabpro common vendor blob changes
* Mondrianlte specific device changes

The changelog contains all changes made to that branch. Each nightly will be tagged and looks like:

7cd5c0b (HEAD, tag: nightly-20140808, m/cm-11.0, github/cm-11.0) mondrianwifi: init: Configure minimum GPU speed

The tag(s) that say "nightly-xxxxxxx" indicate that all changes from this commit down are in that nightly. Therefore, you can see what has changed since a specific version by looking for all entries between your current night's tag and the one that you are going to download and install.

Last edited:
Reactions: FcukBloat

chesterchen

Feb 22, 2005
chesterchen.com
Thanks for the hard work, will use it as a daily driver...

Have been using the older version (from the other thread) for more than a week and it works well...

Just flashed yesterday's build over without any issues!

Thanks again!

crpalmer

Mar 25, 2011
New build: 2014-06-24

This build attempts to fix the proximity sensor. If it doesn't fix it can you please:

* reboot
* make a phone call, hold the tablet up to your head to trigger the screen off
* use SysLog to get the Main Log and the Kernel Log
* run adb shell su -c "ls -lR /sys" > ls-sys.txt

and post the logs and the ls-sys.txt file from your computer.

Reactions: Fankserver

crpalmer

Mar 25, 2011
According to @Fankserver via PM, the proximity sensor is working. At this point, I do not know of any issues with this build. If you think that something is broken, let me know.

Reactions: rnb5500

rnb5500

Dec 23, 2013
Thanks for all the work you've done on this.

I haven't installed the 06-24 build yet but will post if I find anything.

Thx again

Genius319

Dec 14, 2012
Saint Petersburg
According to @Fankserver via PM, the proximity sensor is working. At this point, I do not know of any issues with this build. If you think that something is broken, let me know.

Man, it's cool! I think you ready to report Cyanogen boys to make your rom official.

I'm get 44 minutes of reading Asimov's Foundation through Play Books with auto brightness. It is 11 hours to make battery from 100% to 0. Samsung stock rom can give me around 16 hours. Can you integrate some battery fixes to extend battery life?

crpalmer

Mar 25, 2011
Man, it's cool! I think you ready to report Cyanogen boys to make your rom official.

I'm get 44 minutes of reading Asimov's Foundation through Play Books with auto brightness. It is 11 hours to make battery from 100% to 0. Samsung stock rom can give me around 16 hours. Can you integrate some battery fixes to extend battery life?

To make a build official, I need to be able to test on it and I don't own the device. At this time, I have no intention of asking for this build to be an official one.

As far as battery life, the biggest drain is the screen. Another confound is battery reporting if you are extrapolating the time. You would want to to set a fixed brightness and then run the battery from full to empty. Is that what you did?

peshkata

Apr 16, 2009
I've finally rooted my device and installed it (the 2306 build) - I must say it works perfectly. No battery drain from my side, everythings has been running great so far.

Thanks for all the work you've put into this, if there's anything to test I'm available.

krotwijk

Account currently disabled
Apr 26, 2006
GB
meettomy.site
great rom

The 2306 version works great.
Much better then the samsung default rom.
LTE works fine
Now downloading the 2606

Thanks for the great work

kurosawa79

Mar 17, 2010
2606 works great thank you!
couple of questions though...
my tab doesnt seem to be switching to LTE but it just may be where I am...seems stuck on H+. I'm in Hong Kong.
Also, how to I change the number of rows in the app drawer? I cant find anything to tweak it.

Keep up the good work!

peshkata

Apr 16, 2009
I've also installed the latest build, as usual everything's been working great.

I've got a question regarding the stock browser (I haven't installed Chrome) - it seems quite buggy, pages do not respond if you leave them open and return to them afterwards, and I can't make it to remember any passwords ... does anyone have the same problems ?
@kurosawa79 - have you tried with Settings -> Mobile networks -> Preferred network type ? For your other question, you need to install a third-party launcher (like Apex).

Reactions: kurosawa79

kurosawa79

Mar 17, 2010
@kurosawa79 - have you tried with Settings -> Mobile networks -> Preferred network type ? For your other question, you need to install a third-party launcher (like Apex).

I use a little app called network to switch between GSM and LTE. When I force LTE the signal goes blank. Only got it yesterday so have not left my house with it yet so it may just be a network blackspot...but in Hong Kong, generally, the whole city is covered by LTE. So im thinking is there some sort of baseband incompatibility?

arrrghhh

Feb 10, 2007
I use a little app called network to switch between GSM and LTE. When I force LTE the signal goes blank. Only got it yesterday so have not left my house with it yet so it may just be a network blackspot...but in Hong Kong, generally, the whole city is covered by LTE. So im thinking is there some sort of baseband incompatibility?

You should make sure everything network/data/etc-wise works on stock before flashing a custom ROM....

kurosawa79

Mar 17, 2010
LTE worked fine on stock

Sent from my SM-T325 using XDA Free mobile app

---------- Post added at 12:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:27 AM ----------

I've also installed the latest build, as usual everything's been working great.

I've got a question regarding the stock browser (I haven't installed Chrome) - it seems quite buggy, pages do not respond if you leave them open and return to them afterwards, and I can't make it to remember any passwords ... does anyone have the

I don't have the non responsive issue and browser remembers logins

---------- Post added at 01:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:32 AM ----------

LTE worked fine on stock.

---------- Post added at 12:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:27 AM ----------

I don't have the non responsive issue and browser remembers logins

ok. Swapped out the sim with another one and works now...dodgy sim.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 4.4.2 (Kitkat), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>

/*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
     */

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit our Gerrit Code Review. Your changelog is whatever was merged into gerrit.

Instructions

First time flashing CyanogenMod 11.0 your device, or coming from another ROM?
    Download the zip(s).
    Install a compatible Recovery
    Perform a NANDroid backup of your current ROM (Optional)
    Wipe data & cache partitions of your device (required when coming from stock!).
    Flash CyanogenMod.
    Optional: Install the Google Apps addon package.

Known Issues

* See post #2

Other Issues?

Before posting on this thread, make sure of a few things:
    You've utilized the search function of the forums. Nothing irritates me more than lazy people who do not search for an answer before asking.
    If you are the only one having a problem. Boot into recovery, wipe data/factory reset, reflash the rom/gapps and nothing else. Boot up and see if the problem persists.
    Make sure your post is relevant to this thread. "I'm having problems rooting/unlocking" is NOT relevant here.
    LOGS LOGS LOGS!!!! Use this: SysLog by Tortel

Links

CyanogenMod: (use latest build): http://download.crpalmer.org/nightlies/mondrianlte/
    * See the second post for most details about nightlies.

Google apps addon: (use latest kk gapps)
    Download: http://goo.im/gapps
    Mirror: http://download.crpalmer.org/downloads/gapps/

Source Repos::
    * vendor
    * kernel
    * device: tabpro-common
    * device: mondrianlte

The CyanogenMod team would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!

XDA:DevDB Information
    Unofficial CyanogenMod 11.0 for MondrianLTE, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 12.2, 10.1, 8.4

Contributors
    crpalmer

Version Information

Created 2014-06-23
    Last Updated 2014-08-19
    Manually releasing builds is enough of a pain that I broke down and cobbled together some equipment from my basement and built a very second (third? fourth?) rate build server to build nightly releases for you.

There may be some bumps in the next few days that I have to iron out and at some point the build server may go up in flames but, until then, I won't be posting new builds with specific hand crafted (and incomplete and wrong) changelogs.

Instead, you should be able to update as frequently as you want and all upstream CM changes should be included each night along with any device specific changes. Here's the information I posted in the second post to explain the nightlies:

Nightlies:

Download:

SM-T325 (mondrianlte) nightlies folder

Known Issues:

* most of the bugs on JIRA for mondrianwifi.

Changelogs:

* Main CM changes (ignore device_samsung_mondrianwifi): cmxlog for mondrianwifi
    * Tabpro common device changes
    * Tabpro common vendor blob changes
    * Mondrianlte specific device changes

The changelog contains all changes made to that branch. Each nightly will be tagged and looks like:

7cd5c0b (HEAD, tag: nightly-20140808, m/cm-11.0, github/cm-11.0) mondrianwifi: init: Configure minimum GPU speed

The tag(s) that say "nightly-xxxxxxx" indicate that all changes from this commit down are in that nightly. Therefore, you can see what has changed since a specific version by looking for all entries between your current night's tag and the one that you are going to download and install.
    New build: http://download.crpalmer.org/downloads/mondrianlte/cm-11-20140724-UNOFFICIAL-mondrianlte.zip

* Latest CM source synced, as always.
    * Major kernel updates (CAF based commits, Cyanogen work)
    ** May include 24-bit audio support (untested)
    * Fix for "green video playback"
    New build: http://d-h.st/QwF

* Hopefully everyone should have working bluetooth now
    * Upstream changes from CM

Big thanks to @Fankserver for sending me logs (even though he doesn't even use bluetooth!) and to @acatal for PM'ing to try to work out how to send me logs. That made it possible to hopefully fix bluetooth.

Also, if you don't have enough posts to post to a dev thread, please just go to the off-topic section and find some threads to "contribute" to:

http://xdaforums.com/general/off-topic

If you previously posted the BT was not working, can you confirm whether or not it is fixed by this build?
    New build: 2014-06-26

* audio improvements
    * kernel changes from samsung's sm-t320 updates
    * general cm upstream changes