[Q] Xperia Z2 fails to unlock bootloader

Search This thread

nivet5

Apr 14, 2014
Same problem here although I made a little progress.

I successfully unlocked and re-locked my bootloader a few months ago but this time its not unlocking.

before I started, the rooting status on my service menu says: "Bootloader unlock allowed: Yes"

1. tried unlocking the bootloader via command prompt and Sony's unlock key but the "command did not succeed"
service menu says: "Bootloader unlock allowed: Yes"

2. tried unlocking the bootloader via flashtool and Sony's unlock key but the "command did not succeed"
service menu says: "Bootloader unlock allowed: Yes"

3. I created a folder in Flashtool\custom and named it my Z2's serial number. Within this folder I created a text filed named ulcode.txt. In this text file I pasted my unlock code from sony (0x...........)

4. tried unlocking the bootloader again using the flashtool, this time it was successful!!!!!!! :D well so I thought

the service menu says: "Bootloader unlock allowed: Unknown"

the bootloader is still locked to my knowledge and the option to re-lock was there when I ran the flashtool again even though it did not truly 'unlock'

tiunilohmu

Dec 27, 2006
ive got the same problem is there any chance you could help me please? its been driving me crazy trying to do this lol.

I have the same problem
F:\Android\adb fastboot tools\platform-tools>fastboot devices
BH90DBSS16 fastboot

F:\Android\adb fastboot tools\platform-tools>fastboot -i 0x0fce oem unlock 0xXXXXXXXXXX
FAILED (remote: Command did not succeed)
finished. total time: 0.031s

F:\Android\adb fastboot tools\platform-tools>fastboot.exe -i 0x0fce getvar versi
on
version: 0.5
finished. total time: 0.004s

nivet5

Apr 14, 2014
Update?

was anyone with this problem able to successfully unlock their bootloader yet?

KoiZumii

Jan 8, 2015
I am also having the same issue with unlocking my bootloader. Can I get any help? I have all the drivers installed and am still receiving the failed remote: command not allowed message.

sirofpatrick

Sep 20, 2011
I'm having also trouble to unlock my device the second time. On the first time the unlock works pretty well. I'm using the Sony Z-Series since the first model. After a few weeks i decided to flash back the stock rom, in case of the crappy picture quality and the alpha status of the roms at this time. Now in 2015 the ROMs works like a charme and there is also a possibility to flash lollipop. Now I'm unable to unlock the device again.

Fastboot shows :

FAILED (remote: device already rooted). An accurate connection is given, cause i can unlock another device. I think my TA partition is messed up, of course i have no backup..

Could someone help me or is there a solution for my problem?

Gringyy

Jan 28, 2015
help

how did u guys do it????? please help me with the same as i m stuck with the same thing the bootloader is not getting unlocked...please help:)

Texuga

Jan 18, 2015
This is a Xperia Z2 forum what does an M user here ? Lol !

Btw if there stands in the service menu: Booloader unlocked allowed "No"
Then stop trying it aint work to unlock it... So far i know.

The problem is the same, and I got ¨here through Google search...

The phone is not working properly, it's in an infinite bootloop, and we are trying everything to fix it....

Thanks anyway.

lowriderluis91

Mar 8, 2015
MUMBAI
finally a solution after 4 weeks....

It took too much trial and error but finally a solution using sony's official unlock method.
everytime i tried installing the drivers for s1 tool in the device manager it always failed. then i found two links which simplified it:

1st i downloaded the UNIVERSAL ADB DRIVERS BY KOUCH
link:
theunlockr.com/2009/10/06/how-to-set-up-adb-usb-drivers-for-android-devices/
(II. If Drivers Won’t Install Automatically, Use These Installers Below to Do It Manually)
P.S: I INSTALLED THE ADB IN C:\android-sdk\platform-tools\(in a new folder)UNIVERSAL ADB DRIVERS

2nd I FOLLOWED THE FOLLOWING METHOD UPTO STEP 15(works almost the same for windows 8.1)
link:
donandroid.com/how-to-install-adb-interface-drivers-windows-7-xp-vista-623

it took around two seconds and device was unlocked. after turning on my z2.....it took around 5 min to boot and another 10 min for the logo to appear. lost all data (good i did a back up before starting) but atleast finally bootloader is unlocked. thanks to the links that helped and thanks to all those who develop....ping me and let me know if it worked for ya'll.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    If you run "adb devices" from wherever your adb.exe is, does your phone show up? That's a good way to test if your USB drivers are working.
    Download latest flashtool and install all drivers again and then use flashtool folders to use USB might work out better for you

Sent from my D6503 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    @JMonkeYJ: I ran adb.exe with my Z2 phone in fastboot mode, but it didn't find any device.

@festa20: I downloaded flashtool-0.9.16.0-windows, installed it.
    - then run flashtool\drivers\Flashtool-drivers.exe, install below drivers:
    Flashmode drivers, fastboot drivers, Xperia Z2 Device Drivers.
    (But when connect Z2 to the USB in fastboot mode, in Windows 7 Device Manager, it still shows:
    SAMSUNG Android Phone (my old phone was a Samsung):
    Sony ADB Interface (Driver Provider: Google Inc., Driver data: 12/6/2010, Driver Version: 4.0.0.0)

Looks like the ADB driver is still the old one I installed, not from the flashtool(?)

- I then run flashtool\x10flasher_lib\fastboot.exe in command line, still got same error...

Looks like it's a driver issue, how do I install the correct driver?
    If your device is plugged in to PC in fastboot mode you need to do "fastboot devices"
    We did it

We did it

Many thanks to festa20 walk me through the whole process!!!