Who am I gonna be seeing in the fifth Nexus phones section come the end of this year?

Search This thread

jordanprudent

Dec 11, 2010
Newcastle
I think I would get one. I've been through a variety of phones including a galaxy nexus which I still love. I swapped to the note 2 about 4 months ago, it is an amazing phone and has far superior software features to vanilla android. However despite this, I miss the on screen buttons the up to date updates (still rocking 4.1.2) and amazing development. Simply the amount of roms and kernels available for the nexus puts my note to shame. I would be very interested to see the next nexus and put it on even if not slightly ahead of the note 3 on my next phone list

J

Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda app-developers app

markzip

Sep 12, 2010
Woodstock, NY
I'm hoping to be there. Skipped the N4 because of the non-removable battery. but now I'm thinking that might be a lost battle.
I'd love the next Nexus to have a removable battery and storage, but I know I'll probably be disappointed.

18t

Jun 12, 2010
Denver
I don't think Verizon will be carrying a nexus for a while. Unless Google can force them to update like iOS , I doubt they will be comfortable putting another nexus device on the network.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

crispybacon

Nov 3, 2010
Nor Cal
I don't think Verizon will be carrying a nexus for a while. Unless Google can force them to update like iOS , I doubt they will be comfortable putting another nexus device on the network.

Which is sad. Because they'll lose a lot of customers to GSM networks. Even more so than they already are. They need to stop sucking Apple and Motorola's dicks, and think of their customers.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

slayr76

Mar 26, 2012
perth
Why cant they make the next nexus work with both lte an gsm networks like some phones already do like iPhone 5.

bluewhite79

Feb 13, 2011
I could be. I hope the camera and battery are much improved. If it's not on VZW, I guess not. In that case, I'll be on the Moto X phone or GS4.

mark manning

Sr. Mod / Mod Committee
Staff member
Apr 7, 2010
Nusquam et ubique
The biggest problem with LTE and a nexus is the nexus is supposed to be one phone for all carriers. Since you need a specific type of processor for different lte bands you can't really have a fits all phone. Qualcomm is working on a chip that works for all but its a ways a way still.

Sent from my Nexus

Reactions: Nephilim

T-Keith

Sep 9, 2010
Why cant they make the next nexus work with both lte an gsm networks like some phones already do like iPhone 5.

That's really not true. There are really three different iphones because of the different networks and frequencies around the world and still some carriers like tmobile are left out. They just make the exterior hardware the same and don't advertise the differences.

oldnexus

Mar 10, 2013
Hopefully my vzw nexus will run for a long time to come. It still blows away any previous phone I've had. Hopefully Verizon will see another one, but of not I'll ride this one still it stops working.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app

Reactions: Nephilim

18t

Jun 12, 2010
Denver
Hoping for a CDMA/LTE nexus device. Not likely though

Last edited:

jpkelly05

Waiting for the next best phone for Sprint. I read every post on this thread, and I must say, I was waiting for more evidence on the X Phone to be concrete. But the bootloader thing has me thinking. No matter what happens, we all know that what ever carrier we are on... we will most likely (if we're smart) read the user reviews and tech blogs about a phone after it releases and then check out the phone in store before making a leap to the next best phone. I am tied to Sprint because of work and my girlfriends parents house in Woodland Hills. They only get Sprint. Work requires me to answer my phone all day/night, everyday. So. It depends on Google, Sprint and Manufacturer. I will most likely not upgrade to N5 due to the fact that Google said no to LTE and no to CDMA by choice with the N4. Basically giving the finger to Sprint and Verizon. Kind of bummed about that actually, but hopefully time fixes all that.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey all, I've been a member here on XDA for almost 3yrs now and I've frequented multiple sections depending on the device(s) I was/am using at the time.

I have to say, the Galaxy Nexus community is by far my favorite hands down.

So I ask, Who can I expect to see in the next nexus section when google releases the 2013 iteration of the Nexus Flagship Device?

I really am hoping a lot of you that I have grown to love chatting with all are there with me. I passed on the Nexus 4 because frankly, I don't see enough innovation over my Gnex to deem it worth purchasing, thus why I am waiting for the follow-up device we most likely can all expect come around November of this year.

I just cannot see myself getting anything but a Google flagship vanilla phone after owning this fantastic device, nothing compares to the development, themes, kernels etc available. Not to mention we get the newest versions of everything first as well.

Anyway, Who's gonna be in the new forum right there with me when the "Nexus 5 aka 2013 Nexus" arrives?

*on a sidenote, I can only imagine what the AOSPA Team and AK Team is going to bring to the table. :D
    Depends on wether LG will make it... if so, then no, I will not buy the new Nexus.
    Any other company like Samsung, Motorola or Sony or even HTC though would be fine by me.
    if its by lg and samsung not me :eek:, i want some good quality body like by moto and sony :good:, had enough of plastic since nexus s, miss my moto milestone so much :(

Not a fan of LG but Samsung makes a quality phone in a lightweight container. I have never liked Motorola, always found their devices to be crap (just my opinion though). Sony or HTC for the next Nexus device and I'll be a happy camper. Although, I will get one if Samsung makes it again too.

Who am I kidding, if it's a nexus device google oversees the whole process so I will buy it regardless of the brand. :p
    depends on who makes it, but as of now, i plan on it.
    chances are, I will be there. but it all depends. the nexus 4 is a great device, but i am assuming the 2013 nexus is going to be 5"1080P, quad core, 13mp camera, huge battery, 2+GB ram ect. its going to be hard to stay away from it....no matter who makes it.