HTC Desire VC

Search This thread

Whoareyou

Has anyone bought the HTC Desire VC and tried it on VZW?

Im almost positive that its the EXACT same thing as the HTC Droid Incredible 4G LTE, kinda like with the Inc2 and the s710d?

What do yall think?

http://www.htc.com/sea/smartphones/htc-desire-vc/
slide-1.png

Desire VC spec sheet
HTC-Desire-VC-SPECS.jpg

Last edited:

polarimetric

Jan 1, 2011
It's not an exact match. The chipset is inferior to the Inc 4G's and the battery is a little smaller. Design and software wise, it's an identical match, though.

litetaker

Dec 2, 2011
London
Google Pixel 2
And the screen resolution is lower. Meh! It is more like a match for the Dinc2, except it seems even worse than the Dinc2! :eek: What???

Older CPU than Droid Incredible 2 (MSM7227A, Snapdragon S1 vs MSM8255 Snapdragon S2)
Lesser RAM (512 MB vs 768 MB)
Lower Res Camera (5 MP vs 8 MP)...
A 2010 phone sporting a 2011 OS in 2012... Thank you very much HTC, just what I want. No one can justify the existence of this phone. EVEN as a budget phone it is sub-par.

Reactions: Linch89

polarimetric

Jan 1, 2011
A 2010 phone sporting a 2011 OS in 2012... Thank you very much HTC, just what I want. No one can justify the existence of this phone. EVEN as a budget phone it is sub-par.

I mean, it's intended for a totally different market, which makes a difference. The main feature of this phone is the CDMA/GSM dual-band capability. It isn't intended to be a flagship device, it's just intended to fill some gaps in the international market.

Reactions: boomn

erizchen

Aug 23, 2012
Yangon
Stuck on HTC logo screen (HTC desire VC T328d)

Hello.

My HTC desire VC is stuck on HTC logo screen just after a booting sound and showing "HTC quietly brilliant , Beatsaudio" .
Android can't start anymore.

My phone is already rooted under the instruction of root for htc desire vc

After rooting, I install the "font installer root" and I chose some system fonts to be replaced in this application.
As soon as after rebooting, the problem started.

I have downloaded the kernel from htcdev.com but I don't know what it is for and how to use it.

please reply me as soon as possible.

IceDragon59

Jul 10, 2012
Hello.

My HTC desire VC is stuck on HTC logo screen just after a booting sound and showing "HTC quietly brilliant , Beatsaudio" .

After rooting, I install the "font installer root" and I chose some system fonts to be replaced in this application.

I have downloaded the kernel from htcdev.com but I don't know what it is for and how to use it.

You're in the wrong forum, although it appears you don't have a forum for your device on XDA.

The kernel isn't going to help you, you just need to push back your default fonts. If you knew how to use adb, that'd be really simple. If you don't know how, Google it. If there's even one available, download a ROM and pull the /system/fonts/ folder and push it through adb to your device. If all else fails, do a factory reset through HBOOT. You might lose everything, but at least your device will work.

Last edited:
Reactions: erizchen

erizchen

Aug 23, 2012
Yangon
:(

You're in the wrong forum, although it appears you don't have a forum for your device on XDA.

The kernel isn't going to help you, you just need to push back your default fonts. If you knew how to use adb, that'd be really simple. If you don't know how, Google it. If there's even one available, download a ROM and pull the /system/fonts/ folder and push it through adb to your device. If all else fails, do a factory reset through HBOOT. You might lose everything, but at least your device will work.

Please help me again.

I was trying to set "mount storage" and I accidentally chose the format /system because they are all in chinese fonts and I can't read.
After translating, I know it was formatted ... How to do , sir ?

IceDragon59

Jul 10, 2012
Please help me again.

I was trying to set "mount storage" and I accidentally chose the format /system because they are all in chinese fonts and I can't read.
After translating, I know it was formatted ... How to do , sir ?

Find out if there is an ROM or RUU you can install on your device. You already lost all your settings if you formatted /system, so you might as well start over. Other than that, I don't know what to tell you.

erizchen

Aug 23, 2012
Yangon
Find out if there is an ROM or RUU you can install on your device. You already lost all your settings if you formatted /system, so you might as well start over. Other than that, I don't know what to tell you.

There is only Kernel available in htcdev.com . I've downloaded it.
My friend has the same handset with me. (HTC Desire VC) but his ph is not rooted .
Can I take some files from him ?

IceDragon59

Jul 10, 2012
My friend has the same handset with me. (HTC Desire VC) but his ph is not rooted .

Potentially, yes, you could. Use ADB on his device to pull /system, then push it to your device's /system. I don't know if this could cause problems, but it might let you boot and save any important data then do a factory reset if needed.

erizchen

Aug 23, 2012
Yangon
Potentially, yes, you could. Use ADB on his device to pull /system, then push it to your device's /system. I don't know if this could cause problems, but it might let you boot and save any important data then do a factory reset if needed.

I got it. thanks
I backup my friend's ROM and restore back to mine using CWM nandroid recovery.

But, after this, I can't switch on wifi and bluetooth. It shows error. What's wrong with that ?

erizchen

Aug 23, 2012
Yangon
you need to flash the kernel with boot.img using adb

I was suggested that there are some missing files in /system/lib/modules folder. I'm trying to get these files. Is it proper way ?

Because I don't know how to use adb and the steps will contain cmd.
I downloaded the kernel from htcdev.com. The file name is "primodd-ics-crc-3.0.16-ead8920.zip".
When I extract this, I got "primodd-ics-crc-3.0.16-ead8920.tar.gz". Which file do I have to flash ?

Do you mean I have to flash both kernel and boot.img at the same time ?

blazingwolf

Nov 11, 2006
I was suggested that there are some missing files in /system/lib/modules folder. I'm trying to get these files. Is it proper way ?

Because I don't know how to use adb and the steps will contain cmd.
I downloaded the kernel from htcdev.com. The file name is "primodd-ics-crc-3.0.16-ead8920.zip".
When I extract this, I got "primodd-ics-crc-3.0.16-ead8920.tar.gz". Which file do I have to flash ?

Do you mean I have to flash both kernel and boot.img at the same time ?

What you downloaded is the kernel source. This will allow you to build a kernel but is not an actual kernel.

After a kernel is built it is then merged with the ramdisk to make a boot.img. This is the file you will need to reflash the kernel on your device.

The system/lib/modules folder is the location of the needed .ko files for Bluetooth and WiFi to work correctly. If you have a device that has working Bluetooth and WiFi you can pull the files from there by doing adb pull /system/lib/modules. This will pull all of the files from that folder. Then on your device you can add them to the ROM you are flashing or you can push them using adb. The command for that is adb push filename /system/lib/modules.

erizchen

Aug 23, 2012
Yangon
My friend told me he has same files as mine in /system/lib/modules

These are the file list

bluetooth.ko
bnep.ko
btwilink.ko
cfg80211.ko
compat.ko
fm_drv.ko
hidp.ko
kineto_gan.ko
mac80211.ko
rfcomm.ko
wl12xx.ko
wl12xx_sdio.ko

He has only those files (not include "bcm4329.ko")

What should I do now ?

blazingwolf

Nov 11, 2006
My friend told me he has same files as mine in /system/lib/modules

These are the file list

bluetooth.ko
bnep.ko
btwilink.ko
cfg80211.ko
compat.ko
fm_drv.ko
hidp.ko
kineto_gan.ko
mac80211.ko
rfcomm.ko
wl12xx.ko
wl12xx_sdio.ko

He has only those files (not include "bcm4329.ko")

What should I do now ?

Did those files come with the kernel? If not then that may be why it isn't working. The bcm4329.ko is the WiFi module so if that isn't in your list then that is why it's not working (assuming your device uses that WiFi module).

erizchen

Aug 23, 2012
Yangon
Did those files come with the kernel? If not then that may be why it isn't working. The bcm4329.ko is the WiFi module so if that isn't in your list then that is why it's not working (assuming your device uses that WiFi module).

I mean not like that.
The file list is exactly the same as my friend's phone which is identical to mine.
His phone can run wifi and bluetooth properly without bcm4329.ko file in /system/lib/modules.
But my phone cannot turn on wifi and bluetooth.

------------- updated --------------
I have successfully fixed the problem.
Because my HTC is S-On, boot.img didn't restore properly.
So, I flash boot.img with fastboot under the instruction of this post by Cyb0rgz

Last edited:

jewelman

Jun 18, 2009
Need HTC Desire VC ROM

I got it. thanks

But, after this, I can't switch on wifi and bluetooth. It shows error. What's wrong with that ?

hello Sir,
i have similar problem with my Desire VC and i cant find a copy anywhere to restore my phone. please can you upload a copy of ROM so i can use to restore my HTC. i will be very grateful as i have tried to get back to stock ROM with no success

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    And the screen resolution is lower. Meh! It is more like a match for the Dinc2, except it seems even worse than the Dinc2! :eek: What???

Older CPU than Droid Incredible 2 (MSM7227A, Snapdragon S1 vs MSM8255 Snapdragon S2)
    Lesser RAM (512 MB vs 768 MB)
    Lower Res Camera (5 MP vs 8 MP)...

I mean, it's intended for a totally different market, which makes a difference. The main feature of this phone is the CDMA/GSM dual-band capability. It isn't intended to be a flagship device, it's just intended to fill some gaps in the international market.
    Hello.

I got it. thanks

you need to flash the kernel with boot.img using adb