[APP] DroidSeries - TV Series/TV Shows browser and tracker application for Android

Search This thread

kopus

Sep 8, 2006
DroidSeries is a TV Series/TV Shows browser and tracker application for Android. Tacking down TV series, episodes, air dates, etc, is a difficult task as there are so many TV series. DroidSeries will help you manage your favorite TV Series and keep track of the episodes that you have or have not seen.

I created this application and just released the first version. Suggestions that help improve the app are also welcome and appreciated!

It's most probable that you will find a bug, so sorry in advance and keep those bug reports coming!

I set up a Google Code page for this app: http://code.google.com/p/droidseries/
DroidSeries source code @ Gitourious
DroidSeries is available in the Android Market under the name "DroidSeries Beta".
All the necessary information plus the apk file (for a manual download), DroidSeries-0.1.5-3.apk is available there. (ChangeLog)
qrcode-droidseries-market.png

I attached some screenshots of the app. They can also be seen in the Google Code page.

Attachments

• droidseries_ss1.png
    droidseries_ss1.png
    72.8 KB · Views: 6,598
  • droidseries_ss2.png
    droidseries_ss2.png
    37 KB · Views: 5,358
  • droidseries_ss3.png
    droidseries_ss3.png
    46.1 KB · Views: 5,038
  • droidseries_ss4.png
    droidseries_ss4.png
    39.1 KB · Views: 4,236
  • droidseries_ss5.png
    droidseries_ss5.png
    37.6 KB · Views: 4,088
Last edited:

Elemetrix

Apr 28, 2010
Thanks, will give this a shot as MyEpisodes Viewer no longer works.

Don't know if this is possible and it might be a bit cheeky.. but would it be possible to import the database from MyEpisodes? ;-) I've spent quite some time going through all of the shows i've watched on there, it would be good if I could skip doing it again!

Edit:

Suggestions-

*Couple of Serie/series typos?
*I would prefer it if the specials were not included in the 'Episodes not watched' calculation. Many of them are silly little clips which don't even air everywhere in the world. Also it includes them in the number of Seasons, which gives the incorrect number for most shows.
*Some form of simple backup/online sync is a MUST
*Shows without a thumbnail appear to be selecting thumbnails from other shows at random
*Following on from that, an option to manually add a thumbnail?

The layout with thumbnails look superb and it all moves very fast :)

Last edited:

jdebunt85

Jul 5, 2010
will gladly give this a try, seems a lot better than the app i'm using atm....

will let my friends know about the development too :)

butters18

Jun 30, 2010
I really like this I think it will help me keep track of all the shows I like to watch and make sure I dont forget about them while waiting for the next season to start. I agree with the typo fixes and possibly an option to remove specials. Something not mentioned though which is not a big deal but would be real nice, add an option to select all episodes as watched in a season to speed things up a bit.

kopus

Sep 8, 2006
I really like this I think it will help me keep track of all the shows I like to watch and make sure I dont forget about them while waiting for the next season to start. I agree with the typo fixes and possibly an option to remove specials. Something not mentioned though which is not a big deal but would be real nice, add an option to select all episodes as watched in a season to speed things up a bit.

It's already possible to mark all episodes of a seasons as watched. There is a context menu in that window. If you long press a season, the option will appear.

ShortFlip

Mar 30, 2008
So. Cal
First off, as an avid Television watcher I want to thank you for making such an application. I often forget which shows are on which nights and at what times.

This application is a great start and really has a lot of potential to be much bigger.

A few suggestions if I may,

1) Notifications when the show is going to air, or something letting you know that the show is going to be airing that day.
2) I know someone already mentioned this, but a backup of all the shows that have already been inputted. I have over 40 shows I like to keep up with and to input them all over again would be a pain.
3) Perhaps an option to get the show synopsis for each episode.

Can't think of anymore as of right now, but when I do, I will let you know.

Thank you.

AJerman

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 18, 2007
Colorado
Very interested in this since I don't have cable and have to download my TV shows. This would be a nice addition to keep track of shows. Giving it a try!

wolf_man

Jul 27, 2004
www.thefonedoc.com
I really like the look of this
At the moment I use tvjunkie and it is an excellent app, but I like the addition of colour thumbnails on your app.

I have just installed it and had added about 5 tv shows and was searching for a 6th and got repeated FC's for some reason

Another thing is when I tried to update all series, it tells me I have no internet connection even though I have full wifi signal. Then I do them individually and it works??

Finally, I added a tv show my wife just started watching called Haven
It has aired 2 episodes so far, but even after updating, it tells me I have 8 not watched and next epsiode is 1x01 on 9th July 2010, whereas the next one will be 1x03 on the 23rd July?

As a matter of interest, or maybe you don't want to say.... just curious where you are pulling the feeds from. I checked epguides and it gives correct air dates for Haven, whereas IMDB TV seems a bit jumbled for this tv show and would explain the errors?

ozgreg

Apr 25, 2010
Great little app, I have started up some google issues with some typo's..

I do have one comment, not sure if I want to mark what I have seen unseen via the app, I already have mediabrowser to do this via my MCE.. More interested in when the show is going to air next etc.. Anyway to bypass the having to mark a show as "watched"?

jwickers_1234

Jun 16, 2010
Shanghai
Excellent i don't have to manually search for what shows aired anymore :)

Found a bug:
* it sometimes FC when adding a show. Not always though but it FC just after pressing the add sign and i think i just see the popup for retrieving the show informations for a fraction of a second before that.

Some wishes:
* i added bleach, it has so many seasons that i wished there was a "Mark all season up to this one as seen" button
* some sort of rating / comment / integration with a forum would be nice. So far you can only see the show description. Or something like amazon: people watching this show also watch XXX. I think this would be great to have in the future.
* a better highlight of the unseen already aired shows (vs. unseen not aired yet), so for example i could just open this app and figure out what shows just aired that i should see next
* related to above, you could also split the main show list into "Just aired": the shows that you can see now, "Coming next": shows that will air in order of air date, and perhaps "On Hold": shows that are between seasons and will air like next year / a few months (can make this time lapse configurable)
* related to above, why not a widget that displays that (i am not a big fan of widgets in general but it could be useful)
* a timeline view
* option to ignore unseen specials

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    DroidSeries is a TV Series/TV Shows browser and tracker application for Android. Tacking down TV series, episodes, air dates, etc, is a difficult task as there are so many TV series. DroidSeries will help you manage your favorite TV Series and keep track of the episodes that you have or have not seen.

I created this application and just released the first version. Suggestions that help improve the app are also welcome and appreciated!

It's most probable that you will find a bug, so sorry in advance and keep those bug reports coming!

I set up a Google Code page for this app: http://code.google.com/p/droidseries/
    DroidSeries source code @ Gitourious
    DroidSeries is available in the Android Market under the name "DroidSeries Beta".
    All the necessary information plus the apk file (for a manual download), DroidSeries-0.1.5-3.apk is available there. (ChangeLog)
    qrcode-droidseries-market.png

I attached some screenshots of the app. They can also be seen in the Google Code page.
    I'm going to check that out.

I'm currently refactoring the code improving the process of adding and updating TV shows.
    The next version will also have the backup feature.

Anyway, keep up with feedback and bug reports.
    I was just curious about the new APIv2... It's not a "Show Stopper" (get it?) LMAO! :) .

Just thought of that Pun as i was typing too HA-HA!
    I wasn't expecting a special release just for that.

Could you add the "Exit Confirmation" dialog on your "to-do" list for your next release version?

Thanks a bunch!

×MY DEVELOPMENTS×
    [APP][TOOL][4.2+]The SELinux Toggler
    [ZIP][TOOL][AIO]BusyBox Stericson Binary Installer v1.26.2 {BB/TB Auto-Symlink}
    ×IN DEVELOPMENT×
    [APP][TOOL][4.2+][OFFICIAL]The SELinux Switch
    Will Supersede "The SELinux Toggler"
    ×IDEAS FOR DEVELOPMENT×
    [APP][UNOFFICIAL][4.2+]XDA Forum {Classic}
    [APP][UNOFFICIAL][4.2+]XDA Reader {Classic}

Haha nice one. You're in the wrong thread, by the way :eek: