[APP][XPOSED] MaxLock, an AppLock alternative

Search This thread

KOHO

Jan 10, 2014
@Max

The newly released 5.3.2-beta version still unable to lock some apps like LINE and Skout… I'm unable to provide the log now, but hopefully you can help by giving some advice.

Many congrats on reaching and grabbing the 1000th message =P

sathishcoumar

Nov 17, 2014
Pondicherry
Here's finally a new build to test for you, let me know if there are any (new) bugs on the settings/UI side, and whether you like the new design. I also kindly ask the translators to do an update before I push this to Play Store :)

Update is cool.
Options are nicely seperated in the UI.
thanks max.
Working fine in my kitkat, no issues so far.

Maxr1998

Recognized Developer
Apr 15, 2013
Germany
maxr1998.de
Google Nexus 4
Nexus 7
@Max

The newly released 5.3.2-beta version still unable to lock some apps like LINE and Skout… I'm unable to provide the log now, but hopefully you can help by giving some advice.

Many congrats on reaching and grabbing the 1000th message =P
Thanks, since I'm not using line, could you send me your Xposed logs over? Maybe I can try then why it doesn't work.

Sent using my nexus⁴ running Euphoria 1.1 with Xposed and hells-Core B80
Hit thanks if I helped!

Ketansa

Jan 6, 2013
hello develloper :)

Hello ,
Is this an app locker, like if someone else grabs your phone, it wont allow them to use apps without a password?
Or is it the one that keeps the apps from running by itself (for e.g. maps, gallery, and other google apps)?

1) I wanted something to prevent apps from running by themselves in the background, even when killed.(the maps, gallery, all those apps etc keep running back within few minutes after I kill them).
2) I wanted something to stop apps from running by themselves. Or stop one app from pulling another app from death.
like for e.g. Firefox(latest version) secretly runs facebook+messenger apps in the background, even if they are killed.

Will this module help me for what I require?
Thank you.

ansh1996

Hello ,
Is this an app locker, like if someone else grabs your phone, it wont allow them to use apps without a password?
Or is it the one that keeps the apps from running by itself (for e.g. maps, gallery, and other google apps)?

1) I wanted something to prevent apps from running by themselves in the background, even when killed.(the maps, gallery, all those apps etc keep running back within few minutes after I kill them).
2) I wanted something to stop apps from running by themselves. Or stop one app from pulling another app from death.
like for e.g. Firefox(latest version) secretly runs facebook+messenger apps in the background, even if they are killed.

Will this module help me for what I require?
Thank you.
Your 1st question is a strange one, as the title 'MaxLock' suggests that its an applocker.

But anyway, you might wanna try greenify as it hibernates your apps while not in use, so they're practically not running or using up any resources.

Also, here is an xposed module that i think does exactly what you say. Also its compatible from 2.3 all the way to 5.1. Check this link below:

xdaforums.com/xposed/modules/-t2757969

Hit thanks if i helped ! :)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Ketansa

Jan 6, 2013
Your 1st question is a strange one, as the title 'MaxLock' suggests that its an applocker.

But anyway, you might wanna try greenify as it hibernates your apps while not in use, so they're practically not running or using up any resources.

Also, here is an xposed module that i think does exactly what you say. Also its compatible from 2.3 all the way to 5.1. Check this link below:

xdaforums.com/xposed/modules/-t2757969

Hit thanks if i helped ! :)

Hello Sorry, I didn't know how to describe what the Maxlock could be. Alright, thank you. I am going to try that.
So, after all which one would be the best that will sit in the background without eating resources, and still doing its work perfectly?
Greenify or Prevent Running?
Thank you.

Maxr1998

Recognized Developer
Apr 15, 2013
Germany
maxr1998.de
Google Nexus 4
Nexus 7
Hello Sorry, I didn't know how to describe what the Maxlock could be. Alright, thank you. I am going to try that.
So, after all which one would be the best that will sit in the background without eating resources, and still doing its work perfectly?
Greenify or Prevent Running?
Thank you.
Greenify hibernates apps which you aren't using all the time, that they consume not performance in background. You won't get notifications from these app though.

Prevent running on the other hand only stops apps from being launched by mistake via Intents, e.g. Firefox launching Facebook+Messenger for you.
(Hope the last one is correct)

MaxLock is just an app which shows a lockscreen on locked apps to protect your stuff from nosy friends/etc.

Hit thanks if I helped!

Reactions: Ketansa

Ketansa

Jan 6, 2013
Greenify hibernates apps which you aren't using all the time, that they consume not performance in background. You won't get notifications from these app though.

Prevent running on the other hand only stops apps from being launched by mistake via Intents, e.g. Firefox launching Facebook+Messenger for you.
(Hope the last one is correct)

MaxLock is just an app which shows a lockscreen on locked apps to protect your stuff from nosy friends/etc.

Hit thanks if I helped!

Thanks again,
I would not explain all the Firefox and Facebook thing here in this thread. But its something you should know too, Here is the thread I created about it.
see you.

Gilg@mesh

Jan 15, 2009
Stockholm
@Maxr1998 maybe I missed it, but is it possible to get random numbers when using the PIN lock? it makes it harder for someone to see my PIN code.

Tapatalked from my GALAXY S6

ansh1996

Not, not now. I will maybe implement it sometime, but I still want to fix some other thing in before.
@Maxr1998 the beta build you posted some days ago has some weird bugs. Apparently i can kill the lockscreen and bypass it when an app is loading (the white screen before locksceeen appears).

Also if i lock the screen on an open chat in whatsapp (not the main 'chats' activity) sometimes the lockscreen does not load or i can just do a normal back press to bypass it. I have not witnessed this behaviour on any other app as of now.

I would like to send logs but i am not sure which settings to tick in 'syslog', as i have not done much logging. I try to solve my problems myself first or just wait for a patch/update. Please check attached screenshot.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1439976069322.png
    uploadfromtaptalk1439976069322.png
    87.2 KB · Views: 323

Maxr1998

Recognized Developer
Apr 15, 2013
Germany
maxr1998.de
Google Nexus 4
Nexus 7
@Maxr1998 the beta build you posted some days ago has some weird bugs. Apparently i can kill the lockscreen and bypass it when an app is loading (the white screen before locksceeen appears).

Also if i lock the screen on an open chat in whatsapp (not the main 'chats' activity) sometimes the lockscreen does not load or i can just do a normal back press to bypass it. I have not witnessed this behaviour on any other app as of now.

I would like to send logs but i am not sure which settings to tick in 'syslog', as i have not done much logging. I try to solve my problems myself first or just wait for a patch/update. Please check attached screenshot.

I can reproduce the first item. I'm not sure why this happens.. Maybe again code that should work behaves differently in real life.

On the second point, do you mean I.Mod screen off is not working? I have that too sometimes, but that's because you have to have the screen off a few seconds after looking that it resets correctly.

When I need logs, I nearly always only need Xposed logs, syslogs only for fc of the settings app, but currently, I don't need any logs.

Hit thanks if I helped!

ansh1996

I can reproduce the first item. I'm not sure why this happens.. Maybe again code that should work behaves differently in real life.

On the second point, do you mean I.Mod screen off is not working? I have that too sometimes, but that's because you have to have the screen off a few seconds after looking that it resets correctly.

When I need logs, I nearly always only need Xposed logs, syslogs only for fc of the settings app, but currently, I don't need any logs.

Hit thanks if I helped!

Runtime errors can be a pain in the ass. :/

I.Mod is working fine, as i said the lockscreen mostly shows up, but the problem is that it can be bypassed with a single back press, just like before. This will not happen in the main chats activity but only when you lock your device with a conversation in whatsapp in front.

Just let me know if you want xposed logs for this bug then :)

Magissia

May 9, 2012
So I took a look at my code and realized that I already do this, also the logs say:
MLiN|[…].BaseActivity|[…].ListsActivity||[…].
iN is short for "intent not unlocked", means it should show lockscreen, but doesn't… I'll file this under "strange behavior that needs rewrite", but this rewrite won't come to soon. I will still have to dig through Android's source code to find a better location to hook for my lockscreen, maybe in the WindowManager or something like that…

At this time I have a Gingerbread, 4.4.4 and 5.0 device to test stuff on with XPosed, if you need me to do some testings, i'm up (and I know how to recover from an xposed module preventing boot so you won't have this problem on your mind, in case)

BeRniTo

Sep 18, 2010
Hey there!

I've locked Kik but it isn't locked when I first open the app. If I change the current app and then try to get back to Kik, it then works (showing the fake die message).
Is this fixable? :confused:

Edit: I've turned off Kik's lock but it keeps locking it. Is this a known bug?

Last edited:

Maxr1998

Recognized Developer
Apr 15, 2013
Germany
maxr1998.de
Google Nexus 4
Nexus 7
Hey there!

I've locked Kik but it isn't locked when I first open the app. If I change the current app and then try to get back to Kik, it then works (showing the fake die message).
Is this fixable? :confused:

Edit: I've turned off Kik's lock but it keeps locking it. Is this a known bug?
Did you reboot after you disabled locking kik?

Please enable it again, reboot, open kik, and send me your Xposed logs. Thanks!

Hit thanks if I helped!

NitroBAY

Aug 21, 2015
Hello the app crash when loads apps. It's happen when it reaches the 293th apps (/700 apps (without systems apps))

Maxr1998

Recognized Developer
Apr 15, 2013
Germany
maxr1998.de
Google Nexus 4
Nexus 7
Hello the app crash when loads apps. It's happen when it reaches the 293th apps (/700 apps (without systems apps))
Probably outofmemory error while loading the app icons, means you have to many apps.. I haven't found a way to fix by now, I probably need to improve garbage collection or something like this.

Hit thanks if I helped!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

This is the continuation of the MinMinLock module developed by @FatMinMin. All original credits belong to him!

Features
    Conventional applock softwares use polling to detect current running process, which drains your battery and slowers your device. This is why I have created MinMinLock. With the help of Xposed framework, MinMinLock uses an event-driven method to detect app launch and lock it, which results in better performance.

Visit MaxLock website!

• Multiple lock types: Password, PIN, Knock code
    • SHA-256-encrypted passwords
    • Nice design
    • Many UI personalization options
    • Fake die: app force closes on start, click on "Report" in dialog, then enter "start"
    • Compatibility from Android™ JellyBean to Lollipop
    Tips and special features are located in About screen in-app

Screenshots
    On Google Play™

Downloads

Xposed Repo

Changelog
    Look here

Source code
    https://github.com/Maxr1998/MaxLock
    The code is licensed under GNU GPL v3 license.

Translations
    Thanks to all the voluntary translators! Visit about section in app to see their names.
    If you also want to translate module to your language or improve the existing translation, head over to source code, fork, translate and send pull-request!

Android, Google Play and the Google Play logo are trademarks of Google Inc.
    We're finally there: MaxLock 7.0-RC1 has just been released to the Beta channel on Google Play!

Today is exactly (*) one year after I published the previous version, 6.4.1, to the Play Store. Additionally, this is my 2000th post on XDA. Yay!
    I'll do a write-up of the full changelog tomorrow, because I'm just too tired now to do anything anymore. Also, even though this build is pretty polished and all, expect some bugs - not because I didn't test it thoroughly, but because this is Android after all - there will be a weird configuration which I couldn't reproduce breaking the whole functionality ^^
    So, please report any issues through the respective button in-app.
    Thanks for all the support, ideas, donations and motivation. I couldn't do all that without you. So, thanks! :)

(*) It's past 2am here, so it's technically already the next day/a day later, but psst!
    Why do not you tell us whether you plan to continue supporting your product or not? If so, what are the terms, how long should we wait?
    Really, what's so complicated about reading the last pages?
    I already fixed the bugs that specifically affected support for Nougat, but some parts aren't finished yet. I could push out a release right now, but with usability issues and potential bugs keeping you away from using the app properly. Would you rather have an unfinished app now or wait a little more and get an awesome update?
    Also, your attitude towards myself and my "product", which I basically develop in my free time, without real payment apart from some small donations, doesn't help finishing the update faster..
    I didn't do nothing in the last weeks, if you just took a look at my GitHub you'd see quite some activity..
    People like you though, being impatient, rude and asking for ETAs, decrease my motivation quite heavily, so your impression of me abandoning the app might come true if it continues like that.

So, please, just stay patient, all I can say you now is that it'll be worth the wait.
    Great app and thanks for it. But I have one question: Is it possible to hide notification that is "content hidden by maxlock"? Because if I want to make something really hidden then I don't want it to be declared as hidden by any other app. So, how to lock any app without any notification on the bar but with notifications as sound and vibration?

I asked similar question about ten days ago and still waiting for an answer. Am I missing something or just being ignored intentionally?
    Thank you spaceman but as far as I could see dev can answer questions, and he can indicate the situation. According to you I must be patient because I'm using non-Nougat version, right? Is this a rightful approach?
    I think you all have to be equally patient, as Nougat support and the notification feature will likely come out on the same day :D
    And no, I didn't intentionally ignore you, I read your request (as I read all requests and messages in here), but I was too busy to reply at that moment (likely because that "about 10 days ago" was 11 days ago, which was my birthday..), and it kind of got lost in between the other posts.

Also, that request is actually pretty old, as I have it on my to-do list for months already (see proof in attachments), so fear not, it'll likely be included in the next version.
    Cheers!
    So, I'm happy to finally announce that RC5 is now available on the Play Store! I'll push it to Xposed repo later today if everything works smoothly. Thanks for the patience!

Sent from my PH-1 using XDA Labs