Search This thread

Rkschunk

Jul 10, 2016
porto alegre
twitter.com

wSbwCpZ.png

This is ViperOS

Disclaimer:
We are not responsible for anything that may happen to your phone as a result of installing custom roms and/or kernels. you do so at your own risk and take the responsibility upon yourself.

"This is a user friendly thread. All feature requests will be heard and considered. I am not against anything that doesn't stray too far away from the original idea of the ROM! Helping one another is also encouraged! Please be respectful and you will always be treated the same way, we are all here for a good experience."

About:
We are a Brazilian team, ViperOS aims to bring stability and useful features. If you are looking for a stable ROM with true tested features, minimal bugs and no Lineage bloatwares, then this is the place to be.

Features:

Statusbar

* Traffic indicators
* Statusbar items
* Clock & date
* Battery icon settings
* Carrier label
* Quick settings personalization
* Other statusbar settings

Lockscreen
* Custom lockscreen settings
* Lockscreen weater

Multi tasking
* Round button on recents

System
* Beautiful black theme
* Navbar enable/disable
* Pixel navbar (with animation) toggle
* Dynamic navbar
* Navbar dimensions
* Navbar button layout
* Hardware keys binding
* Hardware keys enable/disable
* Kill app back button
* Power menu customization

Many other customizations, install and take a look

Download:

Official Download Download

GApps:
OpenGapps (I use nano): OpenGApps

Credits & Thanks:

All ViperOS Team
LineageOS team
ResurrectionRemix team
crDroid team
And all other open source Devs/Teams I may have missed!

Other links

Sources
Thea Moto G 2014 LTE
Thea Moto G 2014 LTE

XDA:DevDB Information
ViperOS V3.1 Final-N , ROM for the Moto G 2014 LTE

Contributors
Rkschunk
Source Code: https://github.com/ViperOS-Project

ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat

Version Information

Created 2017-05-21
Last Updated 2017-10-16

Revolver95

Apr 26, 2012
Amman
Thank you Rkschunk for this Rom! I've been using it as my daily driver and it's really stable.
There are just a couple of things that are bugging me that I hope you'll work out or give us an insight on why they're there:

- The touch screen becomes so unresponsive at times. Scrolling and glide/swipe typing become unusable.
- Video recording in any camera app is too dim.

Cheers!

gvgl94

Jun 27, 2017
I have a GPS problem.
I live in Sao Paulo - Brazil, but no matter where I go it always shows as if I were in the Amazon - Brazil.
Help me please! :crying:

Estou com um problema no GPS.
Eu moro em São Paulo - Brasil , mas não importa onde eu vá ele sempre mostra como se eu estivesse no Amazonas - Brasil.
Me Ajuda por favor!

dougui75

Nov 5, 2013
São Paulo
Pessoal, obrigado pela ROM. Instalei ontem, está rodando perfeito. Vou fazer mais testes e dou um feedback.

Dando um reporte. Quando eu fui instalar as primeiras vezes, eu tentei colocar o Gapps Micro e quando fui logar em minha conta Google no começo para recuperar o backup ele não me dava opção de teclado, apenas opção de fala. Escrever senha por fala é impossível. Depois coloquei a versão stock e funcionou perfeito. Não testei na versão Gapps Pico (recomendada).
Eu queria instalar o minimo de aplicativos.

Na verdade seria ótimo ter uma ROM com o minimo de "funções" possíveis, e que solicitasse menos da memoria RAM. Que é o maior problema desse smartphone. Tem APP que não roda direito.
Enfim. Das ROM que eu testei, essa está bem leve e bem funcional. Parabéns por todo o trabalho.

Guys, thanks for the ROM. I installed it yesterday, it's running perfect. I'll do more testing and give you feedback.

Giving a report. When I went to install the first few times, I tried to put Micro Gapps and when I logged into my Google account in the beginning to recover the backup it did not give me a keyboard option, just a speech option. Writing a password by speech is impossible. Then I put the stock version and it worked perfect. I have not tested the Gapps Peak version (recommended).
I wanted to install the least applications.

In fact it would be great to have a ROM with the least possible "functions", and to request less RAM. Which is the biggest problem of this smartphone. Has APP that does not run right.
Anyway. Of the ROMs that I tested, this one is very light and well functional. Congratulations on all the work.

Last edited:

gvgl94

Jun 27, 2017
Pessoal, obrigado pela ROM. Instalei ontem, está rodando perfeito. Vou fazer mais testes e dou um feedback.

Dando um reporte. Quando eu fui instalar as primeiras vezes, eu tentei colocar o Gapps Micro e quando fui logar em minha conta Google no começo para recuperar o backup ele não me dava opção de teclado, apenas opção de fala. Escrever senha por fala é impossível. Depois coloquei a versão stock e funcionou perfeito. Não testei na versão Gapps Pico (recomendada).

Na verdade seria ótimo ter uma ROM com o minimo de "funções" possíveis, e que solicitasse menos da memoria RAM. Que é o maior problema desse smartphone. Tem APP que não roda direito.
Enfim. Das ROM que eu testei, essa está bem leve e bem funcional. Parabéns por todo o trabalho.

AVISO: ESCREVA EM INGLÊS!
E como ficou seu GPS?

WARNING: WRITE IN ENGLISH!
And how was your GPS?

Reactions: dougui75

dougui75

Nov 5, 2013
São Paulo
E como ficou seu GPS?

And how was your GPS?

Hi. Sorry for the lack of the English version of my last post. I Forgot it.
In relation to GPS. It's normal for me. Working. I play pokemon go. So, one problem (I think) that has in the hardware of the Moto G2014 LTE, is that the GPS stops. This happened in the original ROM. I tested with LineageOS. In the game, after a while of use, I think it overcharges and locks the gps. I've been a motorola tester in android version 6.0. And they've never been able to solve it. However, i testing with Google Maps, for about 15 minutes, worked normal. No failures. The Wi-fi, I thought it was better than the LineageOS and Resurrection rom, because I feel like my files are copying better at the time of backup and download. Mostly in Gdrive and in MEGA apk. The 4G running normally. Yesterday I had only something unexplainable. I was at home playing, when the cell phone turns off on its own. I felt the battery was very hot. Regarding the battery. Well in my case, I need to change. I feel it lasts less, but I know it has nothing to do with ROM. But I see that it lasts longer than the original ROM and the others I've tested. The sound is normal. Camera and video are normal as well. Going back to Pokemon Go, I felt a presentable improvement. I have seen that the RAM consumption is less, with pro game remaining. I was able to get into a gym and play for 30 minutes. This was impossible in the original ROM. I was impressed by that. Well, for now, this is my report. I'll be back with some more information. Hugs and thank you!

Oi. Desculpe pela falta da versão inglesa do meu post. Esqueci.
Em relação ao GPS. Para mim está normal. Funcionando. Eu jogo pokemon go.
Um problema que tem o hardware do Moto G2014 LTE é que o GPS trava. Isso aconteceia com a ROM original, testei com o LineageOS. No jogo, depois de um tempo de uso, acho que sobrecarreca e trava o gps. Já fui tester da motorola na versão 6.0 do android. E nunca eles conseguiram resolver. Porém, testei com o Google Maps, durante uns 15 minutos funcionou normal. Sem falhas. O Wi-fi achei que está melhor do que a versão LineageOS e Resurrection, pois sinto que meus arquivos estão copiando melhor na hora do backup e do download. Principalmente no Gdrive e no apk MEGA. O 4G funcionando normalmente. Ontem eu tive apenas algo enexplicavel. Estava em casa jogando, quando o celular desligou por conta própria. Senti que a bateria estava bem quente. Em relação a bateria. Bem no meu caso, estou precisando trocar. Sinto que ela dura menos, mas sei que não tem nada haver com a ROM. Mas vejo que ela dura mais, do que a ROM original e as outras que testei. O som está normal. A câmera e o vídeo estão normal também. Voltando ao Pokemon Go, eu senti uma melhoria apresentável. Vi que o consumo de RAM está menor, sobrando pro jogo. Consegui entrar num ginásio e jogar por uns 30 minutos. Isso era impossível na ROM original. Eu fiquei impressionado com isso. Bem por enquanto esse é o meu report. Volto com mais alguma informação. Abraços e obrigado!

dougui75

Nov 5, 2013
São Paulo
I have a GPS problem.
I live in Sao Paulo - Brazil, but no matter where I go it always shows as if I were in the Amazon - Brazil.
Help me please! :crying:

Estou com um problema no GPS.
Eu moro em São Paulo - Brasil , mas não importa onde eu vá ele sempre mostra como se eu estivesse no Amazonas - Brasil.
Me Ajuda por favor!

Have you tried using the GPS Status & Toolbox that you have on Google Play? Try to give a clean one and download the A-GPS again.

Você já tentou usar o APK "GPS Status & Toolbox" que tem na Google Play? Tenta dar um um clean e baixar o A-GPS novamente.

Rkschunk

Jul 10, 2016
porto alegre
twitter.com
ViperOS v2.1 is up!
Launcher: add icon pack and app labeling support
Dark theme for native apps (Dialer, Contacts and Messaging)
Equalizer: Ability to export and import presets, from sdcard
Ticker: Dark/light color mode
Torch long press power: add auto-off function
New translations (https://translate.viper-os.com/)
All bugs from 2.0 have been fixed
Other minor changes

Official builds will appear soon on our website:
https://download.viper-os.com/

Krishanu007

Jun 10, 2017
Excellent ROM with great performance...using it as my daily driver... but equalizer is not working... please fix this issue....!!

FCorvin

Nov 2, 2015
Nice ROM, everything running smooth (August 12th release).

Developer Options and root access not enabled by default; there is CM's Privacy Guard present, but I don't know if it does anything - I flashed SuperSu before first run just to be sure and all is well.

Battery durability: 7:13 hours SOT, 28 hours since last charge.

Last edited:

FCorvin

Nov 2, 2015
July 2018 Security Update

Thanks to Rkschunk for the July 2018 Security Update.
Did a dirty flash, everything works great.

Don't forget to flash SuperSU as well, so you can keep your root access.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180729-202816.png
    Screenshot_20180729-202816.png
    86.3 KB · Views: 126
  • Screenshot_20180729-202830.png
    Screenshot_20180729-202830.png
    84.1 KB · Views: 124

dragsliv

Jun 1, 2019
Dead links

Hey, anybody have a working download link for this rom? The link for the download is dead.

dragsliv

Jun 1, 2019
I'm in need of some help. During the first google services setup, after wi-fi configuration, adding a gmail account, there's a screen with "let google work for you" message and a forward button. But the button doesn't work. I can hear the sound of it being pressed but no action is taking place. It's a screen right after the configuring a google cloud backup and such, which I turn all off.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

wSbwCpZ.png

This is ViperOS

Disclaimer:
    We are not responsible for anything that may happen to your phone as a result of installing custom roms and/or kernels. you do so at your own risk and take the responsibility upon yourself.

"This is a user friendly thread. All feature requests will be heard and considered. I am not against anything that doesn't stray too far away from the original idea of the ROM! Helping one another is also encouraged! Please be respectful and you will always be treated the same way, we are all here for a good experience."

About:
    We are a Brazilian team, ViperOS aims to bring stability and useful features. If you are looking for a stable ROM with true tested features, minimal bugs and no Lineage bloatwares, then this is the place to be.

Features:

Statusbar

* Traffic indicators
    * Statusbar items
    * Clock & date
    * Battery icon settings
    * Carrier label
    * Quick settings personalization
    * Other statusbar settings

Lockscreen
    * Custom lockscreen settings
    * Lockscreen weater

Multi tasking
    * Round button on recents

System
    * Beautiful black theme
    * Navbar enable/disable
    * Pixel navbar (with animation) toggle
    * Dynamic navbar
    * Navbar dimensions
    * Navbar button layout
    * Hardware keys binding
    * Hardware keys enable/disable
    * Kill app back button
    * Power menu customization

Many other customizations, install and take a look

Download:

Official Download Download

GApps:
    OpenGapps (I use nano): OpenGApps

Credits & Thanks:

All ViperOS Team
    LineageOS team
    ResurrectionRemix team
    crDroid team
    And all other open source Devs/Teams I may have missed!

Other links

Sources
    Thea Moto G 2014 LTE
    Thea Moto G 2014 LTE

XDA:DevDB Information
    ViperOS V3.1 Final-N , ROM for the Moto G 2014 LTE

Contributors
    Rkschunk
    Source Code: https://github.com/ViperOS-Project

ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat

Version Information

Created 2017-05-21
    Last Updated 2017-10-16

E como ficou seu GPS?

And how was your GPS?
    It's not dead, try again.

https://androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=182245
    (Viper-thea-20180728-Coral-v3.1.1-OFFICIAL.zip)

sshot-1.png