[Q] Help with constant rebooting

Search This thread

mdaigt

Have the ATT version. Over the last 2 weeks no matter what I do my phone will not hold onto a ROM. Have done restores, complete wipes and new
installs yet nothing seems to hold. Will do a complete wipe including internal, data, system, etc.. Have tried all different ROMs. From international, to I317. Have tried TW, AOSP, and MIUI. Sometimes can get through setup, but within 1/2 hour reboot into loop. Thought it might be the battery, not sure though. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Maybe Odin back to stock? Thanks for taking the time to read this.

mdaigt

Update

Have the ATT version. Over the last 2 weeks no matter what I do my phone will not hold onto a ROM. Have done restores, complete wipes and new
installs yet nothing seems to hold. Will do a complete wipe including internal, data, system, etc.. Have tried all different ROMs. From international, to I317. Have tried TW, AOSP, and MIUI. Sometimes can get through setup, but within 1/2 hour reboot into loop. Thought it might be the battery, not sure though. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Maybe Odin back to stock? Thanks for taking the time to read this.

Update. I tried Odin back to stock. Was able to update to latest firmware in between reboots. Didn't help. Still constantly reboots randomnly.
Again thanks for taking the time to read.

DoctorQMM

Feb 24, 2011
Update. I tried Odin back to stock. Was able to update to latest firmware in between reboots. Didn't help. Still constantly reboots randomnly.
Search this forum [General or Q&A] for "stuck power button". I recall seeing a few threads about a yr ago with constant rebooting issues.... turned out, by cleaning the power contacts it fixed issue for some folks. Good luck.

Reactions: mdaigt and gregsarg

gregsarg

Apr 8, 2011
B.F.E.
I agree with the good doctor...
The behavior of the device suggests a forced reboot via the power button...

The other prospect is not quite so simple...and involves hardware damage....but I would certainly pop the case open and clean those contacts first....g

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Search this forum [General or Q&A] for "stuck power button". I recall seeing a few threads about a yr ago with constant rebooting issues.... turned out, by cleaning the power contacts it fixed issue for some folks. Good luck.
    I agree with the good doctor...
    The behavior of the device suggests a forced reboot via the power button...

The other prospect is not quite so simple...and involves hardware damage....but I would certainly pop the case open and clean those contacts first....g

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app