Android NBHCREATOR [v0.3] on Ubuntu. FROYO SUPPORT & ADVANCED SETTINGS [July-29-2010]

Search This thread

mnjm9b

Apr 26, 2008
OK....
I am going to be honest.

I am a bit discouraged by the lack of response on this.
Unless I get some feedback, I will be putting this one on a shelf.

is it an unneeded tool or is the problem with ubuntu?

richard_s

Dec 30, 2006
Leicester
OK....
I am going to be honest.

I am a bit discouraged by the lack of response on this.
Unless I get some feedback, I will be putting this one on a shelf.

is it an unneeded tool or is the problem with ubuntu?

I've been out of town for a few days so only just had chance to try the new version.

Tried it on a self-compiled kernel and it worked flawlessly. Ran the output NBH through loserskaters editor without a problem.

The only reason I use the NBH editor is to add the switches for overclocking so if you could include them in your tool it would be a one-stop-shop for me!

mnjm9b

Apr 26, 2008
I've been out of town for a few days so only just had chance to try the new version.

Tried it on a self-compiled kernel and it worked flawlessly. Ran the output NBH through loserskaters editor without a problem.

The only reason I use the NBH editor is to add the switches for overclocking so if you could include them in your tool it would be a one-stop-shop for me!

thank you for your input.

I am planning on adding additional "advanced" settings in the next version.

I am a bit swamped at the moment so I will be a little slow at this for right now.

however, as I use this for myself as well. There will indeed be more updates.

ZeGuido

Aug 22, 2008
Toulouse
some doc ?

Hy,
I just heard from your project as I was looking how to change a NBH panel3 to Panel1. I am going to give a try, but I would need some more doc on some options reflected in the screenshot of 1rst post :
Where can I have info on the battery capacity ? How to set it up ?
What is the 'Data on start up option' ?

And finally, (this may be a dummy question) if I compile my NBH from one of DZO's zimage, will it still work with the usual installer ?

mnjm9b

Apr 26, 2008
Hy,
I just heard from your project as I was looking how to change a NBH panel3 to Panel1. I am going to give a try, but I would need some more doc on some options reflected in the screenshot of 1rst post :
Where can I have info on the battery capacity ? How to set it up ?
What is the 'Data on start up option' ?

And finally, (this may be a dummy question) if I compile my NBH from one of DZO's zimage, will it still work with the usual installer ?

for now the battery capacity setting is specific to kaiser. I am looking into adding it for the others in a later version.

the data on startup option is to either Enable or Disable the phone to statup with data running automatically. if you select to leave it off, then you need to manually turn it on once the phone is running. (modem app) this is good for people without unlimited data plans.

and as for the nbh question.
the installer is included in the nbh that is created, so it will be the same.

Kot_Ik

Apr 30, 2007
Glazov
bug?

An error occures when building NBH. It seems that build is successful (resulting NBH size is about 3M), but i'm afraid of flashing this image without confirmation that this behaviour is normal. Oracle VBox, clean Ubuntu install (just from the box).
By the way, can i change files in initrd archive? Simply edit one file and repack it back in initrd-mini.gz?

Attachments

• screenshot.jpg
    screenshot.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 70

mnjm9b

Apr 26, 2008
An error occures when building NBH. It seems that build is successful (resulting NBH size is about 3M), but i'm afraid of flashing this image without confirmation that this behaviour is normal. Oracle VBox, clean Ubuntu install (just from the box).
By the way, can i change files in initrd archive? Simply edit one file and repack it back in initrd-mini.gz?

OK. it seems that the error check I added to v0.2 is only for kaiser and
it is giving a false error due to the name of the resulting nbh file.
so polaris as well as vogue will give that error message after it compiles.

the nbh is building fine and I checked it with hexeditor to be sure.
you should feel safe to flash the resulting nbh.
I will release a fix ASAP to address the false error message.

Thank you for bringing this to my attention.
I cant fix it if nobody lets me know there is a problem.

as for changing the initrd...
there should be no problem in doing that. give it a try and let me know.

edit: what is it that you are changing?

ZeGuido

Aug 22, 2008
Toulouse
NBH built succesfull...

Thank you for your answers.
I first tried the non corrected version and got the error message (though the .NBH file was present). I updated today, and now I have a complete success.
Here are the settings :
zimage from DZO's (most recent).
Device : Polaris.
Android : Donut
Panel : 1
Data on start up enabled.

Tomorow I'll save all my apps and Data and make a full new install. I'll first try with Nym's warm Donut (5).

May be you should add in the first post that wine is either required or get installed (I never installed it, only been running Linux for about 6 mounths I use to run MacOS).

I'll keep on feeding back.

mnjm9b

Apr 26, 2008
May be you should add in the first post that wine is either required or get installed (I never installed it, only been running Linux for about 6 mounths I use to run MacOS).

I'll keep on feeding back.

Thank you for your feedback.

as for your suggestion, the #2 Prerequisite on the first post says you need wine.

also, feel free to suggest future settings.

x40sw0n

Jan 31, 2008
Portland
Out of curiosity...

Do you guys think the RAPH/DIAM group could use this tool to create nbh files for those devices? Just for grins I fired it up using the latest glemsom zimage build, (using the kaiser settings) and it did in fact build a 3mb nbh file. Obviously I am not going to turn around and cram this thing into my phone, but just wanted to see if it would work.

The froyo version running on the diamond and raph devices just got a huge boost. It runs really well (considering it has only been released for a few days) on both CDMA and GSM devices. I linked to the XDA article from there to get those dev's opinion on it, but I thought I would get your input as well (since the vogue builds are more feature-complete; e.g. they have a camera).

Oh and if any of you have any thoughts on how to get the camera working on those units I am sure we would all appreciate it.

x40sw0n

Jan 31, 2008
Portland
Oh and

Thanks! this little beauty does exactly what is advertised (from what I can tell since I don't have the target device to load it onto).

:D

mnjm9b

Apr 26, 2008
Do you guys think the RAPH/DIAM group could use this tool to create nbh files for those devices? Just for grins I fired it up using the latest glemsom zimage build, (using the kaiser settings) and it did in fact build a 3mb nbh file. Obviously I am not going to turn around and cram this thing into my phone, but just wanted to see if it would work.

The froyo version running on the diamond and raph devices just got a huge boost. It runs really well (considering it has only been released for a few days) on both CDMA and GSM devices. I linked to the XDA article from there to get those dev's opinion on it, but I thought I would get your input as well (since the vogue builds are more feature-complete; e.g. they have a camera).

Oh and if any of you have any thoughts on how to get the camera working on those units I am sure we would all appreciate it.

Thank you for your interest.

there is very device specific code in this program.
however, I wont say "NO" because I haven't looked into what those other devices need.
anything is possible...:)

I can look into other devices for future builds. (i make no promises on anything other than vogue,polaris and kaiser for now.)

as for the camera... that is beyond my reach.

x40sw0n

Jan 31, 2008
Portland
I see

Well any help would be appreciated to be sure. I know that the Raph guys took a lot of the vogue codebase to shoehorn the stuff onto those units (mine says something about vogue linux). They are still struggling to keep wi-fi stable from release to release, and something went sideways from the 2.1 to the 2.2 with regards to the sdcard.

I am being a bit proactive on the nbh side since the Raph stuff just started maturing at a really rapid pace. We got froyo running on our hardware a lot faster than the last release, and on more variations than usual, so I am thinking that nand might not be too far in the future.

ZeGuido

Aug 22, 2008
Toulouse
Complete success

I flashed my polaris100 panel 1 with the nbh file I built from DZO's zimage using this tool. It works flawlessly.
Very good job.