[NO LONGER MAINTAINED][RECOVERY][shooter][CDMA]TWRP touch recovery

Search This thread

Captain_Throwback

Recognized Developer
UPDATE: I am no longer maintaining TWRP for devices that I do not possess. I am also no longer posting on XDA.

Code:
*** Disclaimer ***

All flashing is done at your own risk!
While nothing from this thread should break your device,
don't come back here blaming anyone if it does!

Introduction
Team Win Recovery Project 3.x, or twrp3 for short, is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. Its a fully touch driven user interface no more volume rocker or power buttons to mash. The GUI is also fully XML driven and completely theme-able. You can change just about every aspect of the look and feel.

Images

Installation instructions
TWRP Image Install method:
Most devices can be updated quickly and easily within TWRP if you already have version 2.8.4.0 or higher installed.
  1. Download the latest version of TWRP appropriate for your device/firmware
  2. Reboot to TWRP
  3. Hit Install and tap the "Install Image" button in the lower right
  4. Browse to the location of the TWRP image on your device and select it
  5. Select recovery from the partition list and swipe to flash

Alternate Installation Method:
Fastboot Install Method:
You will need the platform-tools from the Android SDK on your computer. Find the Android command line tools section on the page linked and install the SDK tools package. From the SDK Manager, download only the platform-tools to get adb and fastboot binaries.

Windows users will need proper drivers installed on their computer. You can try the Naked ADB drivers or the Universal ADB drivers if you don't already have a working driver installed

On your device, go into Settings -> About and find the Build Number and tap on it 7 times to enable developer settings. Press back and go into Developer Options and enable USB debugging. From your computer, open a command prompt and type:
Code:
adb reboot bootloader
You should now be in fastboot mode.

Download the correct image file and copy the file into the same folder as your adb and fastboot binaries. Rename the image to twrp.img and type:
Code:
fastboot flash recovery twrp.img
Code:
fastboot reboot

Device Changelog
Current version: 3.2.1-0:
Code:
[LIST]Initial official release[/LIST]
Older Device-specific versions:
Code:
[LIST]N/A[/LIST]

TWRP Official Changelog
Current version: 3.2.1:
Code:
[LIST]minui fixes (cryptomilk)
[*]Better android-8.0 compatibility in ROM trees (Dees_Troy)
[*]Fix missing library in android-8.0 (nkk71)
[*]Fix inconsistent SDCard naming (DevUt)
[*]Default to TWRP restore instead of adb backup restore to fix restore on fresh TWRP boot (jlask)[/LIST]

Older versions:
Code:
[SIZE="4"][COLOR="Green"]3.2.0:[/COLOR][/SIZE]
[LIST]Allow restoring adb backups in the TWRP GUI (bigbiff)
[*]Fix gzip backup error in adb backups (bigbiff)
[*]Fix a bug in TWRP's backup routines that occasionally corrupted backup files (nkk71)
[*]Better support for installing Android 8.0 based zips due to legacy props (nkk71)
[*]Support vold decrypt with keymaster 3.0 in 8.0 firmwares (nkk71)
[*]Decrypt of synthetic passwords for Pixel 2 (Dees_Troy)
[*]Support newer ext4 FBE policies for backup and restore in libtar (Dees_Troy)
[*]v2 fstab support (Dees_Troy)
[*]Bring TWRP forward to android 8.0 AOSP base (Dees_Troy)
[*]Various other minor bugfixes and tweaks[/LIST]

[SIZE="4"][COLOR="Green"]3.1.1:[/COLOR][/SIZE]
[LIST]Backups will now include adopted storage keys (Dees_Troy)
[*]Fixed an adb restore issue (bigbiff)
[*]Fixed rebooting when no OS is present (Dees_Troy)
[*]Fixed line wrapping in the GUI terminal (_that)
[*]Updated TWRP source code to AOSP 7.1.2 (Dees_Troy)[/LIST]

[SIZE="4"][COLOR="Green"]3.1.0:[/COLOR][/SIZE]
[LIST]vold decrypt on a few select HTC devices, TWRP will now attempt to use the system partition's vold and vdc binaries and libraries to decrypt the data partition (nkk71 and CaptainThrowback)
[*]adb backup to stream a backup directly to or from your PC, see documentation [URL="https://github.com/omnirom/android_bootable_recovery/commit/ce8f83c48d200106ff61ad530c863b15c16949d9"]here[/URL] (bigbiff)
[*]tweak MTP startup routines (mdmower)
[*]support new Android 7.x xattrs for backup and restore to fix loss of data after a restore (Dees_Troy)
[*]support POSIX file capabilities backup and restore to fix VoLTE on HTC devices and possibly other issues (Dees_Troy)
[*]better indicate to users that internal storage is not backed up (Dees_Troy)
[*]improve automatic determination of TW_THEME (mdmower)
[*]minimal getcap and setcap support (_that)
[*]try mounting both ext4 and f2fs during decrypt (jcadduono and Dees_Troy)
[*]shut off backlight with power key (mdmower)
[*]timeout during FDE decrypt (Dees_Troy and nkk71)
[*]support for FBE decrypt and backing up and restoring FBE policies (Dees_Troy)
[*]boot slot support (Dees_Troy)
[*]TWRP app install prompt during reboot (Dees_Troy)
[*]support for AB OTA zips (Dees_Troy)
[*]support new Android 7.x log command (Dees_Troy)
[*]update recovery sources to AOSP 7.1 (Dees_Troy)
[*]numerous bugfixes and improvements by too many people to mention[/LIST]

[SIZE="4"][COLOR="Green"]3.0.3:[/COLOR][/SIZE]
[LIST]Partial release to help support the release of the [URL="https://www.xda-developers.com/team-win-releases-their-first-official-twrp-app-in-the-play-store/"]Official TWRP app[/URL][/LIST]

[SIZE="4"][COLOR="Green"]3.0.2:[/COLOR][/SIZE]
[LIST]Fix a bug with the input box that affected masked inputs (passwords). This fixes decrypt of full device encryption on devices that support decrypt. This bug also impacts encrypted backups. Users are highly encouraged to stop using 3.0.1 if you use encrypted backups or if you need decrypt of data in TWRP.
[*]Add Greek translation to some builds.[/LIST]

[SIZE="4"][COLOR="Green"]3.0.1:[/COLOR][/SIZE]
[LIST]support new CM 13.0 pattern encryption (sultanqasim)
[*]fix slow flashing issue due to modprobe (present on only some devices) (#twrp)
[*]libtar updated to latest upstream and fixes (jcadduono)
[*]fixes for loading custom themes (_that)
[*]TWRP will now detect and install TWRP themes automatically through the normal zip install process (Dees_Troy)
[*]translation updates - added Italian, Czech and Polish and significant updates to Dutch
[*]progress bar improvements - progress bar updates during image flashing and better tracks progress during file system backups (tar) (Dees_Troy)
[*]fix input box text display (Dees_Troy)
[*]reboot option after zip install complete (bigbiff)
[*]other mostly invisible bug fixes and improvements[/LIST]

[SIZE="4"][COLOR="Green"]3.0.0:[/COLOR][/SIZE]
[LIST]Completely new theme - Much more modern and much nicer looking (by z31s1g)
[*]True Terminal Emulator - Includes arrow keys, tab and tab completion, etc. (by _that)
[*]Language translation - It won’t be perfect and especially some languages that require large font files like Chinese & Japanese won’t be availble on most devices. Also some languages may only be partially translated at this time. Feel free to submit more translations to OmniROM’s Gerrit. (mostly by Dees_Troy)
[*]Flashing of sparse images - On select devices you will be able to flash some parts of factory images via the TWRP GUI (by HashBang173)
[*]Adopted storage support for select devices - TWRP can now decrypt adopted storage partitions from Marshmallow
[*]Reworked graphics to bring us more up to date with AOSP - includes support for adf and drm graphics (by Dees_Troy)
[*]SuperSU prompt will no longer display if a Marshmallow ROM is installed
[*]Update exfat, exfat fuse, dosfstools (by mdmower)
[*]Update AOSP base to 6.0
[*]A huge laundry list of other minor fixes and tweaks[/LIST]
[U]Additional Notes[/U]
[LIST]WARNING: This is our first release in a long time. We have a lot of new and somewhat aggressive changes in this new release. The changes to the graphics back-end may cause some devices to not boot up properly or have other display-related issues. If you are not in a position to reflash an older build of TWRP, then wait until you are or at least wait until others have tried the new version for your specific device. You don’t want to end up with a non-working recovery and have to wait several hours or days to get to a computer to be able to fix it.
[*]Notes for themers: In addition to the updated theme, we have introduced a theme version variable to the TWRP theme system. If the theme version does not match the version that TWRP expects, TWRP will reject the custom theme and load its stock theme. This change will ensure that people who update TWRP without updating their theme will still have a workable recovery. We have removed libjpeg support. The stock theme was only using a jpeg image for the splash / curtain. This change means that any custom themes will no longer be able to use jpeg images. It also means that tools used to repack recovery images with a different curtain / splash will need to be updated to use the new method.
[*]Version number notes: For a while we’ve been using a 4 digit version number and reserved the 4th digit for device-specific updates. For instance, we find and fix a device-specific issue like decryption of data on Nexus 5, we would release that as a 2.8.7.1. After a while, some people would start asking where 2.8.7.1 was for other devices. So, going forward we have decided to change the numbering scheme to 3.0.0-2, etc. Our hope is that this version numbering scheme will more clearly identify that the 4th digit does not indicate a version change for the code base.
[*]We need your help! The bulk of TWRP work is done by 3 people on a volunteer basis. We have pushed most of our device files to our github and we have a gerrit instance. If you have the ability, please help us maintain our official devices and/or add your device to our official device list. Thanks in advance![/LIST]

[SIZE="4"][COLOR="Green"]2.8.7.0:[/COLOR][/SIZE]
[LIST]Initial ground work for software drawn keyboard (_that)
[*]Fix handling of wiping internal storage on datamedia devices (xuefer)
[*]Allow DataManager to set and read values from the system properties (xuefer)
[*]Fix crash when taking screenshots on arm64 devices (xuefer)
[*]Fix error message after an ORS script completes (Dees_Troy)
[*]Fix crashes / error when creating encrypted backups (_that, Dees_Troy)
[*]Add system read only option – more details below (Dees_Troy)
[*]Add resize2fs and GUI option to run resize2fs (Dees_Troy)
[*]Fix crash loop caused by empty lines in AOSP recovery command file (_that)
[*]Prevent duplicate page overlays such as multiple lock screens (mdmower)[/LIST]
[U]Additional Notes[/U]
[LIST]Note: As always, be sure your custom theme is up to date (or remove your custom theme) before updating TWRP.
[*]System read only option: Devices that ship with 5.0 and higher as their initial OS are using block level OTA updates. With this style of OTA update, the update script checks to see if the system partition has ever been mounted read/write. Further, the script also usually runs an SHA sum of the entire system partition to detect if any changes have been made. If any changes have been made, the OTA update will refuse to install. Since not all OEMs and devices have factory images available, we have created a new feature in TWRP that detects if the system partition has ever been mounted read/write. If not, you will be prompted asking if you want TWRP to mount system as read/write. If you choose not to allow TWRP to mount as read/write, TWRP won’t prompt to install SuperSU and TWRP won’t try to patch the stock ROM to prevent TWRP from being replaced by stock recovery. The goal of this option is to hopefully allow the user to make a raw system image backup that they can use to get back to a state where they can take OTA updates again.
[*]resize2fs feature: On some devices like the Nexus 6, the factory images include a userdata image that is the proper size only for the 32GB units. If you flash the factory image to a 64GB Nexus 6, the data partition will appear as if it only has the free space of a 32GB device. Using the resize2fs option, TWRP can resize your data partition to take up the full space available. The resize2fs may also be useful to resize system partitions on devices where custom ROM system images don’t take up the full partition space. Lastly, resize2fs may be useful in some cases to reserve the proper space at the end of a data partition for a full disk encryption key, should your partition be formatted incorrectly for some reason.
[*]This new version also marks our first set of full builds using our new jenkins build server. You can track the progress of builds at [url]https://jenkins.twrp.me[/url] and we have taken additional steps to make it easier for device maintainers to step up and submit patches to our gerrit server at [url]https://gerrit.twrp.me[/url] to help us keep devices up to date and working.[/LIST]

Downloads

Known Issues

Bug Reporting
If you have an issue, the first step is to post a recovery log so we can determine the cause of the issue. This is done in recovery using Advanced -> Copy Log, or adb pull /tmp/recovery.log. Once a log is uploaded we can determine how best to proceed. NOTE: Posts that are reporting bugs or issues without an accompanying recovery log will be ignored! Additionally, providing details about your device setup, including variant, firmware version, and exact steps to reproduce your issue will also be helpful in diagnosing the problem.
74479355.jpg

If your issue is determined to be a bug, please consider posting it to our github issues log. It's pretty much impossible for us to keep up with the more than 40 threads that we have for the devices that we "directly" support. If you have a significant problem that cannot be answered in this thread, your best bet is to contact us via our website, or find us in our IRC channel below. If you see someone that's struggling, feel free to point it out to us. We need your help to help us keep track of all of our devices! Thanks!

Additional Help/Support:
Live support is available via #twrp on Freenode with your IRC client or just click this link.

XDA:DevDB Information
TeamWin Recovery Project (TWRP), Tool/Utility for the HTC EVO 3D

Contributors
Captain_Throwback, Dees_Troy, bigbiff, _that
Source Code: https://github.com/TeamWin/android_device_htc_shooter

Version Information
Current Stable Version: 3.2.1-0
Stable Release Date: 2017-12-09

Created 2015-03-24
Last Updated 2018-03-07

Jbb3393

Jul 25, 2009
HTC U11
Amazing. Its crazy to see you across so many devices. Do I recall you from themikmik as well? My shooter is at work at the moment (stays there as the work music player) but will try this as soon as I get my hands on it.
It might take a minute but I'm a fan of flashable zip upgrades, mind if I make make one and upload?

Captain_Throwback

Recognized Developer
Amazing. Its crazy to see you across so many devices. Do I recall you from themikmik as well? My shooter is at work at the moment (stays there as the work music player) but will try this as soon as I get my hands on it.
It might take a minute but I'm a fan of flashable zip upgrades, mind if I make make one and upload?

Yes, that's me :).

Feel free to make whatever you'd like. I won't be making them as part of the official update, though.

Reactions: ckvisme and Jbb3393

Jbb3393

Jul 25, 2009
HTC U11

Feel free to make whatever you'd like. I won't be making them as part of the official update, though.
Was trying to PM you to keep the off topic conversation outta your thread, but I got a message saying you cannot receive pm's?? While I'm here though... I checked in at the website just the other day and it is quite there, is aamikam still around? I really loved and respected his work

jcfunk

Mar 18, 2008
Hey Captain_Throwback, I was looking at BoardConfig.mk

Edit: looks like those list in BoardConfig.mk maybe GSM layout

There is an issue I seen, partition layout changes if your htc unlocked, or not. I haven't htc dev unlocked my phone. Here's what mine looks like.
cat /proc/emmc
dev: size erasesize name
mmcblk0p17: 00040000 00000200 "misc"
mmcblk0p22: 00fffc00 00000200 "recovery"
mmcblk0p21: 01000000 00000200 "boot"
mmcblk0p23: 31fffc00 00000200 "system"
mmcblk0p32: 00140200 00000200 "local"
mmcblk0p25: 06ebde00 00000200 "cache"
mmcblk0p24: 4aabc400 00000200 "userdata"
mmcblk0p28: 01400000 00000200 "devlog"
mmcblk0p30: 00040000 00000200 "pdata"
mmcblk0p18: 02800000 00000200 "radio"
mmcblk0p19: 007ffa00 00000200 "radio_config"
mmcblk0p26: 00400000 00000200 "modem_st1"
mmcblk0p27: 00400000 00000200 "modem_st2"
mmcblk0p8: 00c00200 00000200 "wimax"
mmcblk0p33: 007ffa00 00000200 "udata_wimax"

Last edited:

Captain_Throwback

Recognized Developer
Hey Captain_Throwback, I was looking at BoardConfig.mk

Edit: looks like those list in BoardConfig.mk maybe GSM layout

There is an issue I seen, partition layout changes if your htc unlocked, or not. I haven't htc dev unlocked my phone. Here's what mine looks like.
cat /proc/emmc
dev: size erasesize name
mmcblk0p17: 00040000 00000200 "misc"
mmcblk0p22: 00fffc00 00000200 "recovery"
mmcblk0p21: 01000000 00000200 "boot"
mmcblk0p23: 31fffc00 00000200 "system"
mmcblk0p32: 00140200 00000200 "local"
mmcblk0p25: 06ebde00 00000200 "cache"
mmcblk0p24: 4aabc400 00000200 "userdata"
mmcblk0p28: 01400000 00000200 "devlog"
mmcblk0p30: 00040000 00000200 "pdata"
mmcblk0p18: 02800000 00000200 "radio"
mmcblk0p19: 007ffa00 00000200 "radio_config"
mmcblk0p26: 00400000 00000200 "modem_st1"
mmcblk0p27: 00400000 00000200 "modem_st2"
mmcblk0p8: 00c00200 00000200 "wimax"
mmcblk0p33: 007ffa00 00000200 "udata_wimax"
Those lines are all commented out, i.e. they're just informational. It has no effect on the actual recovery.

If I get a chance I'll update it so it's right, but if you check the recovery.log and fstab you'll see the mounts are correct.

EDIT: Weird that misc would move like that, but fortunately recovery doesn't really use it anyway. I should probably just comment it out.

Last edited:

jcfunk

Mar 18, 2008
With my version or at less my kernel, I can confirm otg usb is working, mouse and drive. If possible like twrp for other devices can you add usb otg to mount options? Are you still having off mode charging issue? That was why I didn't use philz, had to make my own for f2fs support.

Captain_Throwback

Recognized Developer
With my version or at less my kernel, I can confirm otg usb is working, mouse and drive. If possible like twrp for other devices can you add usb otg to mount options? Are you still having off mode charging issue? That was why I didn't use philz, had to make my own for f2fs support.
USB-OTG just needs kernel support (unless it's there by default, in which case it just needs to be added to fstab). If you have some kernel patches for it I can try adding them to my prebuilt kernel.

The offmode charging isn't broken - I was just trying to add the progress pngs some of the newer devices have. That didn't work out, but the devices charges fine.

But again, the whole point of open source is so that you can contribute to the project. Maybe you can find someone with a computer you can borrow/use to contribute directly?

jcfunk

Mar 18, 2008
USB-OTG just needs kernel support (unless it's there by default, in which case it just needs to be added to fstab). If you have some kernel patches for it I can try adding them to my prebuilt kernel.

The offmode charging isn't broken - I was just trying to add the progress pngs some of the newer devices have. That didn't work out, but the devices charges fine.

But again, the whole point of open source is so that you can contribute to the project. Maybe you can find someone with a computer you can borrow/use to contribute directly?
Where is your source, so I can make some patches.

Captain_Throwback

Recognized Developer
Do you have a powered otg cable?
I don't . . . that's likely the issue, then. So, with a powered cable, you're saying USB-OTG just works in TWRP? WIthout needing to be added to the fstab (it wasn't there in any of your repacks)? If so, I'll just update the kernel with my latest patches and push it. I can only assume it'll work, since I can't test it.

jcfunk

Mar 18, 2008
I don't . . . that's likely the issue, then. So, with a powered cable, you're saying USB-OTG just works in TWRP? WIthout needing to be added to the fstab (it wasn't there in any of your repacks)? If so, I'll just update the kernel with my latest patches and push it. I can only assume it'll work, since I can't test it.
Looked at shooter_defconfig on github.
# CONFIG_USB_OTG is not set
need to change to
CONFIG_USB_OTG = y

Also, evo3d doesn't supply power out to otg device. People made there powered cables, y cables, or used power usb hubs.

With mine I can use mouse, or usb drive but I have to manually mount. I couldn't get keyboard to work.

really, only used otg on there phone, S3 and G3. made it easy to transfer files when in recovery. Thought it be nice for 3D to have mount option in twrp mount screen.

Last edited:
Reactions: ckvisme

Captain_Throwback

Recognized Developer
Looked at shooter_defconfig on github.
# CONFIG_USB_OTG is not set
need to change to
CONFIG_USB_OTG = y

Also, evo3d doesn't supply power out to otg device. People made there powered cables, y cables, or used power usb hubs.

With mine I can use mouse, or usb drive but I have to manually mount. I couldn't get keyboard to work.

really, only used otg on there phone, S3 and G3. made it easy to transfer files when in recovery. Thought it be nice for 3D to have mount option in twrp mount screen.
I can set that flag as well.

I can add the option to TWRP, but without knowing what mount point recovery is looking for, I won't know if it's actually working. I guess you can test it :good:.

Reactions: ckvisme

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    UPDATE: I am no longer maintaining TWRP for devices that I do not possess. I am also no longer posting on XDA.

Code:
    *** Disclaimer ***

All flashing is done at your own risk!
    While nothing from this thread should break your device,
    don't come back here blaming anyone if it does!

Introduction
    Team Win Recovery Project 3.x, or twrp3 for short, is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. Its a fully touch driven user interface no more volume rocker or power buttons to mash. The GUI is also fully XML driven and completely theme-able. You can change just about every aspect of the look and feel.

Images

Installation instructions
    TWRP Image Install method:
    Most devices can be updated quickly and easily within TWRP if you already have version 2.8.4.0 or higher installed.
    1. Download the latest version of TWRP appropriate for your device/firmware
    2. Reboot to TWRP
    3. Hit Install and tap the "Install Image" button in the lower right
    4. Browse to the location of the TWRP image on your device and select it
    5. Select recovery from the partition list and swipe to flash

Alternate Installation Method:
    Fastboot Install Method:
    You will need the platform-tools from the Android SDK on your computer. Find the Android command line tools section on the page linked and install the SDK tools package. From the SDK Manager, download only the platform-tools to get adb and fastboot binaries.

Windows users will need proper drivers installed on their computer. You can try the Naked ADB drivers or the Universal ADB drivers if you don't already have a working driver installed

On your device, go into Settings -> About and find the Build Number and tap on it 7 times to enable developer settings. Press back and go into Developer Options and enable USB debugging. From your computer, open a command prompt and type:
    Code:
    adb reboot bootloader
    You should now be in fastboot mode.

Download the correct image file and copy the file into the same folder as your adb and fastboot binaries. Rename the image to twrp.img and type:
    Code:
    fastboot flash recovery twrp.img
    Code:
    fastboot reboot

Device Changelog
    Current version: 3.2.1-0:
    Code:
    [LIST]Initial official release[/LIST]
    Older Device-specific versions:
    Code:
    [LIST]N/A[/LIST]

TWRP Official Changelog
    Current version: 3.2.1:
    Code:
    [LIST]minui fixes (cryptomilk)
    [*]Better android-8.0 compatibility in ROM trees (Dees_Troy)
    [*]Fix missing library in android-8.0 (nkk71)
    [*]Fix inconsistent SDCard naming (DevUt)
    [*]Default to TWRP restore instead of adb backup restore to fix restore on fresh TWRP boot (jlask)[/LIST]

Older versions:
    Code:
    [SIZE="4"][COLOR="Green"]3.2.0:[/COLOR][/SIZE]
    [LIST]Allow restoring adb backups in the TWRP GUI (bigbiff)
    [*]Fix gzip backup error in adb backups (bigbiff)
    [*]Fix a bug in TWRP's backup routines that occasionally corrupted backup files (nkk71)
    [*]Better support for installing Android 8.0 based zips due to legacy props (nkk71)
    [*]Support vold decrypt with keymaster 3.0 in 8.0 firmwares (nkk71)
    [*]Decrypt of synthetic passwords for Pixel 2 (Dees_Troy)
    [*]Support newer ext4 FBE policies for backup and restore in libtar (Dees_Troy)
    [*]v2 fstab support (Dees_Troy)
    [*]Bring TWRP forward to android 8.0 AOSP base (Dees_Troy)
    [*]Various other minor bugfixes and tweaks[/LIST]

[SIZE="4"][COLOR="Green"]3.1.1:[/COLOR][/SIZE]
    [LIST]Backups will now include adopted storage keys (Dees_Troy)
    [*]Fixed an adb restore issue (bigbiff)
    [*]Fixed rebooting when no OS is present (Dees_Troy)
    [*]Fixed line wrapping in the GUI terminal (_that)
    [*]Updated TWRP source code to AOSP 7.1.2 (Dees_Troy)[/LIST]

[SIZE="4"][COLOR="Green"]3.1.0:[/COLOR][/SIZE]
    [LIST]vold decrypt on a few select HTC devices, TWRP will now attempt to use the system partition's vold and vdc binaries and libraries to decrypt the data partition (nkk71 and CaptainThrowback)
    [*]adb backup to stream a backup directly to or from your PC, see documentation [URL="https://github.com/omnirom/android_bootable_recovery/commit/ce8f83c48d200106ff61ad530c863b15c16949d9"]here[/URL] (bigbiff)
    [*]tweak MTP startup routines (mdmower)
    [*]support new Android 7.x xattrs for backup and restore to fix loss of data after a restore (Dees_Troy)
    [*]support POSIX file capabilities backup and restore to fix VoLTE on HTC devices and possibly other issues (Dees_Troy)
    [*]better indicate to users that internal storage is not backed up (Dees_Troy)
    [*]improve automatic determination of TW_THEME (mdmower)
    [*]minimal getcap and setcap support (_that)
    [*]try mounting both ext4 and f2fs during decrypt (jcadduono and Dees_Troy)
    [*]shut off backlight with power key (mdmower)
    [*]timeout during FDE decrypt (Dees_Troy and nkk71)
    [*]support for FBE decrypt and backing up and restoring FBE policies (Dees_Troy)
    [*]boot slot support (Dees_Troy)
    [*]TWRP app install prompt during reboot (Dees_Troy)
    [*]support for AB OTA zips (Dees_Troy)
    [*]support new Android 7.x log command (Dees_Troy)
    [*]update recovery sources to AOSP 7.1 (Dees_Troy)
    [*]numerous bugfixes and improvements by too many people to mention[/LIST]

[SIZE="4"][COLOR="Green"]3.0.3:[/COLOR][/SIZE]
    [LIST]Partial release to help support the release of the [URL="https://www.xda-developers.com/team-win-releases-their-first-official-twrp-app-in-the-play-store/"]Official TWRP app[/URL][/LIST]

[SIZE="4"][COLOR="Green"]3.0.2:[/COLOR][/SIZE]
    [LIST]Fix a bug with the input box that affected masked inputs (passwords). This fixes decrypt of full device encryption on devices that support decrypt. This bug also impacts encrypted backups. Users are highly encouraged to stop using 3.0.1 if you use encrypted backups or if you need decrypt of data in TWRP.
    [*]Add Greek translation to some builds.[/LIST]

[SIZE="4"][COLOR="Green"]3.0.1:[/COLOR][/SIZE]
    [LIST]support new CM 13.0 pattern encryption (sultanqasim)
    [*]fix slow flashing issue due to modprobe (present on only some devices) (#twrp)
    [*]libtar updated to latest upstream and fixes (jcadduono)
    [*]fixes for loading custom themes (_that)
    [*]TWRP will now detect and install TWRP themes automatically through the normal zip install process (Dees_Troy)
    [*]translation updates - added Italian, Czech and Polish and significant updates to Dutch
    [*]progress bar improvements - progress bar updates during image flashing and better tracks progress during file system backups (tar) (Dees_Troy)
    [*]fix input box text display (Dees_Troy)
    [*]reboot option after zip install complete (bigbiff)
    [*]other mostly invisible bug fixes and improvements[/LIST]

[SIZE="4"][COLOR="Green"]3.0.0:[/COLOR][/SIZE]
    [LIST]Completely new theme - Much more modern and much nicer looking (by z31s1g)
    [*]True Terminal Emulator - Includes arrow keys, tab and tab completion, etc. (by _that)
    [*]Language translation - It won’t be perfect and especially some languages that require large font files like Chinese & Japanese won’t be availble on most devices. Also some languages may only be partially translated at this time. Feel free to submit more translations to OmniROM’s Gerrit. (mostly by Dees_Troy)
    [*]Flashing of sparse images - On select devices you will be able to flash some parts of factory images via the TWRP GUI (by HashBang173)
    [*]Adopted storage support for select devices - TWRP can now decrypt adopted storage partitions from Marshmallow
    [*]Reworked graphics to bring us more up to date with AOSP - includes support for adf and drm graphics (by Dees_Troy)
    [*]SuperSU prompt will no longer display if a Marshmallow ROM is installed
    [*]Update exfat, exfat fuse, dosfstools (by mdmower)
    [*]Update AOSP base to 6.0
    [*]A huge laundry list of other minor fixes and tweaks[/LIST]
    [U]Additional Notes[/U]
    [LIST]WARNING: This is our first release in a long time. We have a lot of new and somewhat aggressive changes in this new release. The changes to the graphics back-end may cause some devices to not boot up properly or have other display-related issues. If you are not in a position to reflash an older build of TWRP, then wait until you are or at least wait until others have tried the new version for your specific device. You don’t want to end up with a non-working recovery and have to wait several hours or days to get to a computer to be able to fix it.
    [*]Notes for themers: In addition to the updated theme, we have introduced a theme version variable to the TWRP theme system. If the theme version does not match the version that TWRP expects, TWRP will reject the custom theme and load its stock theme. This change will ensure that people who update TWRP without updating their theme will still have a workable recovery. We have removed libjpeg support. The stock theme was only using a jpeg image for the splash / curtain. This change means that any custom themes will no longer be able to use jpeg images. It also means that tools used to repack recovery images with a different curtain / splash will need to be updated to use the new method.
    [*]Version number notes: For a while we’ve been using a 4 digit version number and reserved the 4th digit for device-specific updates. For instance, we find and fix a device-specific issue like decryption of data on Nexus 5, we would release that as a 2.8.7.1. After a while, some people would start asking where 2.8.7.1 was for other devices. So, going forward we have decided to change the numbering scheme to 3.0.0-2, etc. Our hope is that this version numbering scheme will more clearly identify that the 4th digit does not indicate a version change for the code base.
    [*]We need your help! The bulk of TWRP work is done by 3 people on a volunteer basis. We have pushed most of our device files to our github and we have a gerrit instance. If you have the ability, please help us maintain our official devices and/or add your device to our official device list. Thanks in advance![/LIST]

[SIZE="4"][COLOR="Green"]2.8.7.0:[/COLOR][/SIZE]
    [LIST]Initial ground work for software drawn keyboard (_that)
    [*]Fix handling of wiping internal storage on datamedia devices (xuefer)
    [*]Allow DataManager to set and read values from the system properties (xuefer)
    [*]Fix crash when taking screenshots on arm64 devices (xuefer)
    [*]Fix error message after an ORS script completes (Dees_Troy)
    [*]Fix crashes / error when creating encrypted backups (_that, Dees_Troy)
    [*]Add system read only option – more details below (Dees_Troy)
    [*]Add resize2fs and GUI option to run resize2fs (Dees_Troy)
    [*]Fix crash loop caused by empty lines in AOSP recovery command file (_that)
    [*]Prevent duplicate page overlays such as multiple lock screens (mdmower)[/LIST]
    [U]Additional Notes[/U]
    [LIST]Note: As always, be sure your custom theme is up to date (or remove your custom theme) before updating TWRP.
    [*]System read only option: Devices that ship with 5.0 and higher as their initial OS are using block level OTA updates. With this style of OTA update, the update script checks to see if the system partition has ever been mounted read/write. Further, the script also usually runs an SHA sum of the entire system partition to detect if any changes have been made. If any changes have been made, the OTA update will refuse to install. Since not all OEMs and devices have factory images available, we have created a new feature in TWRP that detects if the system partition has ever been mounted read/write. If not, you will be prompted asking if you want TWRP to mount system as read/write. If you choose not to allow TWRP to mount as read/write, TWRP won’t prompt to install SuperSU and TWRP won’t try to patch the stock ROM to prevent TWRP from being replaced by stock recovery. The goal of this option is to hopefully allow the user to make a raw system image backup that they can use to get back to a state where they can take OTA updates again.
    [*]resize2fs feature: On some devices like the Nexus 6, the factory images include a userdata image that is the proper size only for the 32GB units. If you flash the factory image to a 64GB Nexus 6, the data partition will appear as if it only has the free space of a 32GB device. Using the resize2fs option, TWRP can resize your data partition to take up the full space available. The resize2fs may also be useful to resize system partitions on devices where custom ROM system images don’t take up the full partition space. Lastly, resize2fs may be useful in some cases to reserve the proper space at the end of a data partition for a full disk encryption key, should your partition be formatted incorrectly for some reason.
    [*]This new version also marks our first set of full builds using our new jenkins build server. You can track the progress of builds at [url]https://jenkins.twrp.me[/url] and we have taken additional steps to make it easier for device maintainers to step up and submit patches to our gerrit server at [url]https://gerrit.twrp.me[/url] to help us keep devices up to date and working.[/LIST]

Downloads

Known Issues

Bug Reporting
    If you have an issue, the first step is to post a recovery log so we can determine the cause of the issue. This is done in recovery using Advanced -> Copy Log, or adb pull /tmp/recovery.log. Once a log is uploaded we can determine how best to proceed. NOTE: Posts that are reporting bugs or issues without an accompanying recovery log will be ignored! Additionally, providing details about your device setup, including variant, firmware version, and exact steps to reproduce your issue will also be helpful in diagnosing the problem.
    74479355.jpg

If your issue is determined to be a bug, please consider posting it to our github issues log. It's pretty much impossible for us to keep up with the more than 40 threads that we have for the devices that we "directly" support. If you have a significant problem that cannot be answered in this thread, your best bet is to contact us via our website, or find us in our IRC channel below. If you see someone that's struggling, feel free to point it out to us. We need your help to help us keep track of all of our devices! Thanks!

Additional Help/Support:
    Live support is available via #twrp on Freenode with your IRC client or just click this link.

XDA:DevDB Information
    TeamWin Recovery Project (TWRP), Tool/Utility for the HTC EVO 3D

Contributors
    Captain_Throwback, Dees_Troy, bigbiff, _that
    Source Code: https://github.com/TeamWin/android_device_htc_shooter

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 3.2.1-0
    Stable Release Date: 2017-12-09

Created 2015-03-24
    Last Updated 2018-03-07

Where is your source, so I can make some patches.
    Right now it's just local. I'll push it to my Github shortly and link it once complete.

EDIT: https://github.com/CaptainThrowback/kernel_htc_shooter-ics
    Device-specific Information

Reserved for FAQ (if needed)
    Congrats glad to see, shoot was not left behind. I know this took lots work to be current again.