Nightly Skyrocket AOKP Builds [UNOFFICIAL]

Search This thread

InstigatorX

Oct 11, 2011
Figured I'd make my personal AOKP builds available to the public domain. I basically took AOKP source, added CM9's MSM8660, SkyRocket, and QCOM_MEDIA source to the mix. Changed a couple XML files and voila get AOKP built with SkyRocket support.

I'm not developing anything, just compiling and making the builds available to those that want to try. I've been cherry picking fixes important for SkyRocket from the CM9 team before they're merged, too.

One thing I did notice was the Camera doesn't get built/added, but downloading a camera from the Store seems to work fine. Other than that, everything appears to be working. I'd be interested in hearing what works and doesn't work.

CM9 is my daily driver, but did this for some fun. I have detailed instructions on what I do to a stock AOKP source to get it to compile if you want them.

Thanks go out to the usual suspects...

Team Chopsticks
CyanogenMod Team
AOKP Team
I'm sure there are others, but not sure who they since I grabbed from Github sources.

Feel free to mirror. I will post updates everyday to the link below.

Latest Build

6/17 Build 38 http://d-h.st/3Go
6/15 Build 38 http://d-h.st/jCN
6/13 Build 38 http://d-h.st/Tmx
6/11 Build 38 http://d-h.st/U98

Make sure you are using the UCLE2 Radio since everything in these builds is UCLE2-based.

Build 38 Change Log

• reverted tablet nav bar button padding change (back to stock ics padding now)
  • fix SMS/BT crash bug when no msgs exist
  • reworked lockscreen music layout to be cleaner
  • fix ugly gradient on dark holo background
  • added AOKP Tips widget
  • added statusbar autohide for tablets (for apps that need full screen)
  • added support for more lockscreen targets (2-8 options, your choice)
  • cleaned up octo lockscreen layout
  • fixed certain FCs with RC related to weather
  • Mms: fixed stripping certain Polish characters
  • decreased size of custom lockscreen apps to match other icons
  • statusbar brightness enabled by default after you wipe (sliding thumb across statusbar to change brightness)
  • added statusbar notification counter (RC > Statusbar General > Notification Counter)
  • new AOKP boot animation from @rascarlo
  • Out of range Bluetooth devices won't show up anymore in Settings
  • Browser: added option to close all other tabs (besides current)
  • Fixed data toggle
  • Removed requirement to reboot when toggling keyboard switcher (IME switcher) in statusbar
  • added nav bar widgets (to enable, go to nav bar settings > add toggle widgets as one of your nav bar actions/ long press actions, then add widgets -- be sure to add at least 2 for best experience)
  • as always, tons of fixes for devices and other backend fixes!

Last edited:

InstigatorX

Oct 11, 2011
Installation Instructions

Here's what I do...

1. DARKSIDE WIPE (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1477955)
  2. Format CACHE (Super important that you don't skip this. Darkside does something to /cache that causes CM9/AOKP to boot loop)
  3. Install AOKP zip
  4. Install GAPPS zip (http://goo.im/gapps/gapps-ics-20120429-signed.zip)
  5. Reboot
  6. Open System Settings->More (under Wireless & Networks)->Mobile Networks->Access Point Names
  7. Select the WAP APN...
  8. a. APN = PTA
    b. Username = BLANK (delete whatever is there)
    c. MMSC should be http://mmsc.mobile.att.net
    d. MMS Proxy = proxy.mobile.att.net
    e. Hit Menu button and select SAVE​
  9. Give it a few seconds and data should be working
  10. Install camera app from Google Store (I'm working on getting this to compile into the build)

Build Instructions

Here's what I do starting from the root of the build directory

1. Setup up AOKP repo and sync it (i.e. repo init -u git://github.com/AOKP/platform_manifest.git -b ics && repo sync)
  2. Create a file called local_manifest.xml in .repo directory with the text below.
    Code:
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <manifest>
      <project name="CyanogenMod/android_device_samsung_skyrocket" path="device/samsung/skyrocket" remote="gh" revision="ics" />
      <project name="CyanogenMod/android_device_samsung_msm8660-common" path="device/samsung/msm8660-common" remote="gh" revision="ics" />
      <project name="TeamChopsticks/android_kernel_samsung_msm8660-common" path="kernel/samsung/msm8660-common" remote="gh" revision="ics" />
      <project name="TeamChopsticks/android_vendor_samsung_skyrocket" path="vendor/samsung/skyrocket" remote="gh" revision="ics" />
    </manifest>
  3. Run "repo sync" again to get the above added trees
  4. Edit device/samsung/skyrocket/overlay/packages/providers/TelephonyProvider/res/values/config.xml
  5. Delete config_preferred_apn line and save
  6. Edit device/samsung/skyrocket/overlay/packages/apps/Settings/res/values/config.xml
  7. Delete has_led_flash line and save
  8. Edit device/samsung/skyrocket/full_skyrocket.mk
  9. Change the word "Torch" to "Camera" and save
  10. Create a file called "skyrocket.mk" in vendor/aokp/products with the text below
    Code:
    $(call inherit-product, device/samsung/skyrocket/full_skyrocket.mk)

# Inherit some common CM stuff.
    # $(call inherit-product, vendor/cm/config/gsm.mk)
    $(call inherit-product, vendor/aokp/configs/common_phone.mk)

# $(call inherit-product, vendor/cm/config/common_full_phone.mk)

PRODUCT_BUILD_PROP_OVERRIDES += PRODUCT_NAME=SGH-I727 TARGET_DEVICE=SGH-I727 BUILD_FINGERPRINT="samsung/SGH-I727/SGH-I727:4.0.4/IMM76D/UCLE2:user/release-keys" PRIVATE_BUILD_DESC="SGH-I727-user 4.0.4 IMM76D UCLE2 release-keys"

TARGET_BOOTANIMATION_NAME := vertical-480x800

PRODUCT_NAME := aokp_skyrocket
    PRODUCT_DEVICE := skyrocket
    PRODUCT_BRAND := samsung
    PRODUCT_MANUFACTURER := samsung
    PRODUCT_MODEL := SAMSUNG-SGH-I727
  11. Edit AndroidProducts.mk in vendor/aokp/products and add "$(LOCAL_DIR)/skyrocket.mk \" above stingray.mk line.
  12. Run "source build/envsetup.sh"
  13. Run "make clobber && lunch aokp_skyrocket-userdebug && make -j<number or processors X number of thread per processor> bacon"

These are the steps that work for me. I hope they work you as well. Let me know and I'd be happy to help.

Last edited:

InstigatorX

Oct 11, 2011
That's correct. I'd do a full wipe and install. I've been running the 6/3 build for 24 hours with no problems. Only thing I had to do was install camera 360 and change apn to PTA.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using xda premium

N

nrm5110

You guys are hurting my feelings here lol I will say though thanks for the nightly builds bro good work

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

InstigatorX

Oct 11, 2011
Shouldn't this be in the Development forum?

I'm not really "developing" anything, just having some fun compiling from AOKP/CM9 source. I'd be happy to post my build instructions if you anyone is interested.

You guys are hurting my feelings here lol I will say though thanks for the nightly builds bro good work

;) Thanks!

Reactions: crixley and ikirt

BigLaw

Mar 27, 2012
Might have screwed up... but how do I get my phone rooted again after installing 4.0.4?

R4INS

Jan 18, 2012
Is this running better than the team wafflehouse release?

Sent from my SGH-I727 using xda premium

Yes and no, is it more up to date with the work being done? Yes, but are you expected to run into bugs? Yes.

The wafflehouse builds are tested, modified, played with, and released on a basis of what works, and you know in advance usually.

With nightly builds you NEVER know what the state of it will be. Data may not work on one, but work on the next nights, camera might work on one but not the next nights etc. Since these roms are in a constant state of development right now you never know what may happen.

So yes these are a bit more up to date than wafflehouse.
Better, is subjective to the build and build date.

If you really like messing with your phone and a flash junky, use the nightlies, if you want someone to help out and make sure things work stick to waffles.

Reactions: abteer and jedah

InstigatorX

Oct 11, 2011
Yes and no, is it more up to date with the work being done? Yes, but are you expected to run into bugs? Yes.

The wafflehouse builds are tested, modified, played with, and released on a basis of what works, and you know in advance usually.

With nightly builds you NEVER know what the state of it will be. Data may not work on one, but work on the next nights, camera might work on one but not the next nights etc. Since these roms are in a constant state of development right now you never know what may happen.

So yes these are a bit more up to date than wafflehouse.
Better, is subjective to the build and build date.

If you really like messing with your phone and a flash junky, use the nightlies, if you want someone to help out and make sure things work stick to waffles.

Couldn't agree more.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using xda premium

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Figured I'd make my personal AOKP builds available to the public domain. I basically took AOKP source, added CM9's MSM8660, SkyRocket, and QCOM_MEDIA source to the mix. Changed a couple XML files and voila get AOKP built with SkyRocket support.

I'm not developing anything, just compiling and making the builds available to those that want to try. I've been cherry picking fixes important for SkyRocket from the CM9 team before they're merged, too.

One thing I did notice was the Camera doesn't get built/added, but downloading a camera from the Store seems to work fine. Other than that, everything appears to be working. I'd be interested in hearing what works and doesn't work.

CM9 is my daily driver, but did this for some fun. I have detailed instructions on what I do to a stock AOKP source to get it to compile if you want them.

Thanks go out to the usual suspects...

Team Chopsticks
    CyanogenMod Team
    AOKP Team
    I'm sure there are others, but not sure who they since I grabbed from Github sources.

Feel free to mirror. I will post updates everyday to the link below.

Latest Build

6/17 Build 38 http://d-h.st/3Go
    6/15 Build 38 http://d-h.st/jCN
    6/13 Build 38 http://d-h.st/Tmx
    6/11 Build 38 http://d-h.st/U98

Make sure you are using the UCLE2 Radio since everything in these builds is UCLE2-based.

Build 38 Change Log

• reverted tablet nav bar button padding change (back to stock ics padding now)
    • fix SMS/BT crash bug when no msgs exist
    • reworked lockscreen music layout to be cleaner
    • fix ugly gradient on dark holo background
    • added AOKP Tips widget
    • added statusbar autohide for tablets (for apps that need full screen)
    • added support for more lockscreen targets (2-8 options, your choice)
    • cleaned up octo lockscreen layout
    • fixed certain FCs with RC related to weather
    • Mms: fixed stripping certain Polish characters
    • decreased size of custom lockscreen apps to match other icons
    • statusbar brightness enabled by default after you wipe (sliding thumb across statusbar to change brightness)
    • added statusbar notification counter (RC > Statusbar General > Notification Counter)
    • new AOKP boot animation from @rascarlo
    • Out of range Bluetooth devices won't show up anymore in Settings
    • Browser: added option to close all other tabs (besides current)
    • Fixed data toggle
    • Removed requirement to reboot when toggling keyboard switcher (IME switcher) in statusbar
    • added nav bar widgets (to enable, go to nav bar settings > add toggle widgets as one of your nav bar actions/ long press actions, then add widgets -- be sure to add at least 2 for best experience)
    • as always, tons of fixes for devices and other backend fixes!
    Installation Instructions

Here's what I do...

1. DARKSIDE WIPE (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1477955)
    2. Format CACHE (Super important that you don't skip this. Darkside does something to /cache that causes CM9/AOKP to boot loop)
    3. Install AOKP zip
    4. Install GAPPS zip (http://goo.im/gapps/gapps-ics-20120429-signed.zip)
    5. Reboot
    6. Open System Settings->More (under Wireless & Networks)->Mobile Networks->Access Point Names
    7. Select the WAP APN...
    8. a. APN = PTA
      b. Username = BLANK (delete whatever is there)
      c. MMSC should be http://mmsc.mobile.att.net
      d. MMS Proxy = proxy.mobile.att.net
      e. Hit Menu button and select SAVE​
    9. Give it a few seconds and data should be working
    10. Install camera app from Google Store (I'm working on getting this to compile into the build)

Build Instructions

Here's what I do starting from the root of the build directory

1. Setup up AOKP repo and sync it (i.e. repo init -u git://github.com/AOKP/platform_manifest.git -b ics && repo sync)
    2. Create a file called local_manifest.xml in .repo directory with the text below.
      Code:
      <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
      <manifest>
        <project name="CyanogenMod/android_device_samsung_skyrocket" path="device/samsung/skyrocket" remote="gh" revision="ics" />
        <project name="CyanogenMod/android_device_samsung_msm8660-common" path="device/samsung/msm8660-common" remote="gh" revision="ics" />
        <project name="TeamChopsticks/android_kernel_samsung_msm8660-common" path="kernel/samsung/msm8660-common" remote="gh" revision="ics" />
        <project name="TeamChopsticks/android_vendor_samsung_skyrocket" path="vendor/samsung/skyrocket" remote="gh" revision="ics" />
      </manifest>
    3. Run "repo sync" again to get the above added trees
    4. Edit device/samsung/skyrocket/overlay/packages/providers/TelephonyProvider/res/values/config.xml
    5. Delete config_preferred_apn line and save
    6. Edit device/samsung/skyrocket/overlay/packages/apps/Settings/res/values/config.xml
    7. Delete has_led_flash line and save
    8. Edit device/samsung/skyrocket/full_skyrocket.mk
    9. Change the word "Torch" to "Camera" and save
    10. Create a file called "skyrocket.mk" in vendor/aokp/products with the text below
      Code:
      $(call inherit-product, device/samsung/skyrocket/full_skyrocket.mk)

# $(call inherit-product, vendor/cm/config/gsm.mk)
      $(call inherit-product, vendor/aokp/configs/common_phone.mk)

# $(call inherit-product, vendor/cm/config/common_full_phone.mk)

PRODUCT_BUILD_PROP_OVERRIDES += PRODUCT_NAME=SGH-I727 TARGET_DEVICE=SGH-I727 BUILD_FINGERPRINT="samsung/SGH-I727/SGH-I727:4.0.4/IMM76D/UCLE2:user/release-keys" PRIVATE_BUILD_DESC="SGH-I727-user 4.0.4 IMM76D UCLE2 release-keys"

TARGET_BOOTANIMATION_NAME := vertical-480x800

PRODUCT_NAME := aokp_skyrocket
      PRODUCT_DEVICE := skyrocket
      PRODUCT_BRAND := samsung
      PRODUCT_MANUFACTURER := samsung
      PRODUCT_MODEL := SAMSUNG-SGH-I727
    11. Edit AndroidProducts.mk in vendor/aokp/products and add "$(LOCAL_DIR)/skyrocket.mk \" above stingray.mk line.
    12. Run "source build/envsetup.sh"
    13. Run "make clobber && lunch aokp_skyrocket-userdebug && make -j<number or processors X number of thread per processor> bacon"

These are the steps that work for me. I hope they work you as well. Let me know and I'd be happy to help.
    Second post updated with BUILD INSTRUCTIONS.
    I tried it after he said it and it did work..

Pinch to zoom however didn't in browser or gallery

Did you try the latest build posted in OP? Just curious.
    OP updated with 6/6 build. Got distracted yesterday.