[TUTO] Add Arabic And Hebrew Support For Android Devices (Step By Step)

Search This thread

Reywalid

Jun 13, 2012
www.facebook.com
Some Rom doesn't support full arabic language, for exmaple the last "Runnymede v6 sense 3.5 rom" :D so here's the simpliest TUTO of "How To Make Your Device Support Arabic Language:

Patch Features :
-Arabic support in gmail.
-Arabic support in the browser.
-Arabic support in messaging app.
-And More...

___________________________________________________________________​

So Here's The TUTO:

1) Download the patch below and extract it to a folder on your computer.
2) Pull /system/framework/framework.jar from your phone and place it in the subfolder input that you extracted in step 1.
3) If you’re not using a CyanogenMod ROM, then you’ll also need to pull /system/lib/libandroid_runtime.so from your phone and place it in subfolder input that you extracted in step 1.
4) If you’re interested in getting arabic shaping in the Browser, pull file /system/lib/libwebcore.so from your phone and place it in subfolder input as well.
5) Double click on commands.exe. Do not close the black cmd screens that will pop up. Once the patch is done, you should get a patched framework.jar in the subfolder output.
6) Version 0.800 provides a recovery flashable file in folder output. Place that on your sdcard, reboot into recovery and flash it. If the flashing through recovery didn’t work for some reason, you’ll need to do the following manually:
-Put file output/framework.jar in your phone at /system/framework/
-Put file output/libandroid_runtime.so in your phone at /system/lib/ (if this file exists, it shouldn’t if you’re arabizing CM6).
-Put file output/libicuuc-arabic.so in your phone at /system/lib/ This is extremely important, failing to place this file will result in a boot loop of your deivce.
-If file exists: Place file output/libwebcore.so in your phone at /system/lib/
-If file exists: Place file output/lib__bcore.so in your phone at /system/lib/
7) You'll find also included the Aljazeera fonts in fonts. You can place these in /system/fonts and reboot.
8) Sometimes permissions and xml data doesn’t get updated correctly resulting in corrupted data entries. If you receive a bunch of Force Closes after a reboot, you’ll need to Factory Reset.

- Rey :rolleyes:

All credits g'too the real maker of tuto: madmack's

Last edited:

IpDo

Mar 6, 2010
This is a dupe if the HebScript by Ron Regev (classicaldude) of the iAndroid Community - but with allmost all credits stripped (and surly without any in the pst itself!).
http://iandroid.co.il/forum/post306633.html

the developres of this patch (same as the guys who fixed all RTL issues in CM7):
Erasmux, Mena and Classicaldude.

from the files he posted:
"# MortScript Adaptation of hebfix bash script

# Initial hebrew fix installation script by Nadav Halwany
# Updated for global hebfix and adapted for MortScript by Ron Regev"

there are some post here in XDA with the same patch - but with all the credits.

Reywalid

Jun 13, 2012
www.facebook.com
Helpin' people is not a crime.

This is a dupe if the HebScript by Ron Regev (classicaldude) of the iAndroid Community - but with allmost all credits stripped (and surly without any in the pst itself!).

the developres of this patch (same as the guys who fixed all RTL issues in CM7):

Hey Yo' Wait ! I've Post this **** to help people :) i know it's not mine :D but i've post it here cause i know that there's alot of people who have that issue :)
-So Plz Don't Be That Hero Who Everyone Talks About --' لا حول ولا قوة الا بالله

HELPIN' PEOPLE IS NOT A CRIME.

Alaa

Dec 29, 2010
Dubai
Helping people is not a crime, yes, but stealing the works of other people and not giving them credit is. Please credit the person you copied this information from and link to his/her website.

Reactions: gie62001

similar340

Nov 25, 2009
cannot copy to lib folder

thanks for sharing really appreciating, i have a bigger problem, after i did all your instruction the android won't allow me to paste into the lib folder and i got a msg "access denied"

i tried to make another scenario which is adding these files to the original zip build and to make another installation but also i got abort

any idea how can i sort this out

thanks
Nabil

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Helpin' people is not a crime.

Hey Yo' Wait ! I've Post this **** to help people :) i know it's not mine :D but i've post it here cause i know that there's alot of people who have that issue :)
    -So Plz Don't Be That Hero Who Everyone Talks About --' لا حول ولا قوة الا بالله

HELPIN' PEOPLE IS NOT A CRIME.
    Some Rom doesn't support full arabic language, for exmaple the last "Runnymede v6 sense 3.5 rom" :D so here's the simpliest TUTO of "How To Make Your Device Support Arabic Language:

Patch Features :
    -Arabic support in gmail.
    -Arabic support in the browser.
    -Arabic support in messaging app.
    -And More...

___________________________________________________________________​

So Here's The TUTO:

1) Download the patch below and extract it to a folder on your computer.
    2) Pull /system/framework/framework.jar from your phone and place it in the subfolder input that you extracted in step 1.
    3) If you’re not using a CyanogenMod ROM, then you’ll also need to pull /system/lib/libandroid_runtime.so from your phone and place it in subfolder input that you extracted in step 1.
    4) If you’re interested in getting arabic shaping in the Browser, pull file /system/lib/libwebcore.so from your phone and place it in subfolder input as well.
    5) Double click on commands.exe. Do not close the black cmd screens that will pop up. Once the patch is done, you should get a patched framework.jar in the subfolder output.
    6) Version 0.800 provides a recovery flashable file in folder output. Place that on your sdcard, reboot into recovery and flash it. If the flashing through recovery didn’t work for some reason, you’ll need to do the following manually:
    -Put file output/framework.jar in your phone at /system/framework/
    -Put file output/libandroid_runtime.so in your phone at /system/lib/ (if this file exists, it shouldn’t if you’re arabizing CM6).
    -Put file output/libicuuc-arabic.so in your phone at /system/lib/ This is extremely important, failing to place this file will result in a boot loop of your deivce.
    -If file exists: Place file output/libwebcore.so in your phone at /system/lib/
    -If file exists: Place file output/lib__bcore.so in your phone at /system/lib/
    7) You'll find also included the Aljazeera fonts in fonts. You can place these in /system/fonts and reboot.
    8) Sometimes permissions and xml data doesn’t get updated correctly resulting in corrupted data entries. If you receive a bunch of Force Closes after a reboot, you’ll need to Factory Reset.

- Rey :rolleyes:

All credits g'too the real maker of tuto: madmack's

Helping people is not a crime, yes, but stealing the works of other people and not giving them credit is. Please credit the person you copied this information from and link to his/her website.