[APPS] Android 4.2 apps including Camera and Keyboard

Search This thread

Nigeldg

Feb 25, 2011
Android 4.2 Keyboard with gesture typing .apk and .zip. Can be installed as a normal .apk or flashed as a .zip. IMO this is a great improvement on the standard ICS one, and some say it's as good as SwiftKey.

If it doesn't work for you,
I just had trouble installing the keyboard to nexusHD2 jb nativeSD, managed it by using root browser lite to copy and paste the LatinImegoogle.apk to /system/app and the lib file to /system/lib, setting permissions for both to rw-r--r-- and finally deleting the LatinIme.apk from system/app.

Courtesy of Robbie P

Camera.apk.

Alternatively,

GMail 4.2 app, once again thanks to wis1152 :) Includes pinch-to-zoom feature

Transparent themed Gmail 4.2 Devved by B-Boy, and Media and fonts, thanks to shaumaaa for posting this

4.2 Clock.zip I think this is the clock which can also act as a screensaver or something along those lines. That's a bit useless in my opinion, but if I'm not mistaken, it also has stopwatch and timer features built in (took your time, Google!) so it's worth having.

Nexus 4 Wallpapers

Google Music

Power control - Wis1152 again :')

Note that I personally haven't tried all of these myself yet and I did not create them, so I can't comment on how good they are or even whether or not they work. So far, most people have had success with these.

Last edited:

Nigeldg

Feb 25, 2011
Annoyingly I can't find the person(s) who actually provided these mods. I'll try to keep the OP updated with any newer JB (4.2) apps I find.

Reactions: jskenderi

Osprey00

Jul 21, 2009
I've installed them on my HD2 and they both work. The keyboard appears to be flawless. The camera has graphical glitches very much like we HD2 users had with Jelly Bean ROMs until very recently, but not as bad because they clear up enough to reasonably use the app. PhotoSphere does NOT work, though, because it says that our device isn't supported. That'll probably be fixed by a dev soon enough, but, for now, it won't even let you access the mode.

Nigeldg

Feb 25, 2011
I've installed them on my HD2 and they both work. The keyboard appears to be flawless. The camera has graphical glitches very much like we HD2 users had with Jelly Bean ROMs until very recently, but not as bad because they clear up enough to reasonably use the app. PhotoSphere does NOT work, though, because it says that our device isn't supported. That'll probably be fixed by a dev soon enough, but, for now, it won't even let you access the mode.
Yep, I thought as much from what others have said on another thread. Either way, you can see this video to see how awesome Photo Sphere is. Check the G+ link in that article as well, the resolution isn't half bad and the photo stitching is pretty much perfect, as we've come to expect from Google (Street View).

Osprey00

Jul 21, 2009
I got PhotoSphere mode to work by changing the ID to Galaxy Nexus in build.prop, but it's unusable. It sort of works, but it's excruciatingly slow and the accelerometer only barely works. It takes something like 30 seconds to take the first photo, then 30 seconds for it to allow you to take another, then another 30 seconds... at which point I ended up stopping the operation, but the resulting image wasn't even stitched together properly. It probably needs to be modified to work with the HD2's hardware. I'm no Android dev, so that'll have to be for someone else to figure out, though we might need the source for that.

Last edited:

wis1152

Jun 8, 2011
luton uk
media.xda-developers.com
I've installed them on my HD2 and they both work. The keyboard appears to be flawless. The camera has graphical glitches very much like we HD2 users had with Jelly Bean ROMs until very recently, but not as bad because they clear up enough to reasonably use the app. Photo Sphere does NOT work, though, because it says that our device isn't supported. That'll probably be fixed by a dev soon enough, but, for now, it won't even let you access the mode.

Try this for photosphere ported from igio90 again https://rapidshare.com/files/3663355477/camera42_patched_v2_1_.zip

Osprey00

Jul 21, 2009

Yep, that fixes the check for PhotoSphere, so that we no longer need to edit build.prop. It doesn't fix the other issues with the app, though. It's still unusable.

EDIT: Also, the new version at the original post removes the version checking (though doesn't seem to fix any of the other issues that we see on our HD2s, either): http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1965895

Last edited:

wis1152

Jun 8, 2011
luton uk
media.xda-developers.com
Yep, that fixes the check for PhotoSphere, so that we no longer need to edit build.prop. It doesn't fix the other issues with the app, though. It's still unusable.

EDIT: Also, the new version at the original post removes the version checking (though doesn't seem to fix any of the other issues that we see on our HD2s, either): http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1965895

Have you tried changing camera from 8 to 5mp

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

rush420

Feb 14, 2011
aiken
the email works and the camera works couldn't get the clock to work any help

Sent from my HTC HD2 using xda premium

Shaumaaa

Jun 3, 2011
Belgrade
http://db.tt/CUm8SQO0
Here's the clock. I think it's a flashable zip. I installed it just with extracting it and then finding it in the system/app folder(not the real system).
It doesn't overwrite the original clock apk so you can have it too since it has a nice timer and stopwatch. Alarm doesn't work for me(Clock has stopped, or something similar).

EDIT: Sorry, I haven't seen that you have already posted the desc clock.
Anyway, if that one up there doesn't work for you, try this.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nigeldg and rush420

rush420

Feb 14, 2011
aiken
Here's the clock. I think it's a flashable zip. I installed it just with extracting it and then finding it in the system/app folder(not the real system).
It doesn't overwrite the original clock apk so you can have it too since it has a nice timer and stopwatch. Alarm doesn't work for me(Clock has stopped, or something similar).

thanks that worked, pretty cool:thumbup:

Sent from my HTC HD2 using xda app-developers app

Nigeldg

Feb 25, 2011

Added to the OP :)

Reactions: Shaumaaa

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Android 4.2 Keyboard with gesture typing .apk and .zip. Can be installed as a normal .apk or flashed as a .zip. IMO this is a great improvement on the standard ICS one, and some say it's as good as SwiftKey.

If it doesn't work for you,
    I just had trouble installing the keyboard to nexusHD2 jb nativeSD, managed it by using root browser lite to copy and paste the LatinImegoogle.apk to /system/app and the lib file to /system/lib, setting permissions for both to rw-r--r-- and finally deleting the LatinIme.apk from system/app.

Courtesy of Robbie P

Camera.apk.

Alternatively,

GMail 4.2 app, once again thanks to wis1152 :) Includes pinch-to-zoom feature

Transparent themed Gmail 4.2 Devved by B-Boy, and Media and fonts, thanks to shaumaaa for posting this

4.2 Clock.zip I think this is the clock which can also act as a screensaver or something along those lines. That's a bit useless in my opinion, but if I'm not mistaken, it also has stopwatch and timer features built in (took your time, Google!) so it's worth having.

Nexus 4 Wallpapers

Google Music

Power control - Wis1152 again :')

Note that I personally haven't tried all of these myself yet and I did not create them, so I can't comment on how good they are or even whether or not they work. So far, most people have had success with these.
    PerformanceControl from 4.2.1

Hi all i have pulled this from 4.2.1 rom from samsung sg2,thought i would share,should work on hd2:fingers-crossed:

Just install as a normal app:fingers-crossed:
    I'll update the OP with this later (I'm on my phone so I CBA) but here's the 4.2 Google Music app

http://www.mediafire.com/?sfsspf1xj74x4t5

Enjoy

Sent from my NexusHD2 using xda app-developers app
    I've installed them on my HD2 and they both work. The keyboard appears to be flawless. The camera has graphical glitches very much like we HD2 users had with Jelly Bean ROMs until very recently, but not as bad because they clear up enough to reasonably use the app. Photo Sphere does NOT work, though, because it says that our device isn't supported. That'll probably be fixed by a dev soon enough, but, for now, it won't even let you access the mode.

Try this for photosphere ported from igio90 again https://rapidshare.com/files/3663355477/camera42_patched_v2_1_.zip
    ok how did yall get the keyboard to work
    ive tried everything and all it does is force close like every 20 seconds
    What rom are you trying to install it on? NativeSD?
    It looks like it needs to be a system app, since there is a lib file in the zip, although i think i just installed the apk before and it worked but can't remember which rom:eek:
    Edit; I just had trouble installing the keyboard to nexusHD2 jb nativeSD, managed it by using root browser lite to copy and paste the LatinImegoogle.apk to /system/app and the lib file to /system/lib, setting permissions for both to rw-r--r-- and finally deleting the LatinIme.apk from system/app.