[ROM | WWE | 23563 | 11 Jul 2010 | XDA_UC] NATF Fuze v6.0 Standard (Lite/Sense soon)

Search This thread

LethalCorpse

Feb 20, 2007
Parramatta
It is an amazing device. HardSPL is still a little ways out for CDMA devices, so I currently stuck on the stock Verizon ROM, but the phone is still amazingly quick and responsive... just makes me want "custom ROM speed" even more.
Interesting. Why? The hardware is essentially the same as the raphael isn't it? same memory etc, basically the same chip. Or is that 00A version quite a bit faster than the 01? My wife has had the TP for about twelve months, and I decided not to get the TP2 because you have to put a ROM like yours on the TP to get it to run at a halfway decent speed, and I figured with the same hardware the TP2 would be the same.

LethalCorpse

Feb 20, 2007
Parramatta
I have a few niggling issues
  • When I press the home button I'd like it to bring up CHome instead of restart. Is there a way to do this?
  • Looking in the buttons list on the personal settings page, I don't see an answer to my first query, but I do see a bunch of buttons I don't recognise. We have a PTT button? where? (using TP, not fuze). How about contacts, calendar, IM and CV buttons?
  • the email panel in CHome appears to show outlook email by default, and it's quite fiddly to get to the other email account I've set up. I don't read my email by syncing to my PC, I download it directly, and I suspect that's what most people do. Is there a way to make the other account the default, or hide or even completely remove the outlook email?
  • I've installed fingerkeyboard, which beats the hell out of the stock kb. After a soft reset, it disappears and I have to go back into finkgerkb settings to get it back. Is this likely to be an issue with the app or the ROM, and is there a known fix? (solved)
  • Most ROMs I've used display connection time and a disconnect button on the connection tooltip. Any way to put this on NATF?
thanks!
-LC
bump? 10char.

Jdilla

Nov 30, 2008
San Francisco
@LethalCorpse

When I press the home button I'd like it to bring up CHome instead of restart. Is there a way to do this?
Looking in the buttons list on the personal settings page, I don't see an answer to my first query, but I do see a bunch of buttons I don't recognise. We have a PTT button? where? (using TP, not fuze). How about contacts, calendar, IM and CV buttons?
the email panel in CHome appears to show outlook email by default, and it's quite fiddly to get to the other email account I've set up. I don't read my email by syncing to my PC, I download it directly, and I suspect that's what most people do. Is there a way to make the other account the default, or hide or even completely remove the outlook email?
I've installed fingerkeyboard, which beats the hell out of the stock kb. After a soft reset, it disappears and I have to go back into finkgerkb settings to get it back. Is this likely to be an issue with the app or the ROM, and is there a known fix? (solved) Most ROMs I've used display connection time and a disconnect button on the connection tooltip. Any way to put this on NATF?

The first issue (I think) can be resolved with this. Its not easy but it is the only thing I could find. http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=521786

The second isssue is you dont have a PTT button, lol, and the button remap program might help you there as well.

Third issue: have you tried deleting the outlook account? Inbox/Menu/Tools/Options... Maybe somewhere in there...

I already answered your fourth question. (Hope thats still working for ya)

And im unclear about the fifth question. Are you requesting a data disconnect feature on screen? Maybe clarify some more please

Hope some of that helps :D

NotATreoFan

Moderator Emeritus
OK, quick status update:

v5.6 Fuze builds are ready. The Touch Pro builds still need tweaking. I will get them finished while at work tomorrow, and start all the uploads tomorrow night.

Summary:

OS 23052
Manila updated to 2.1 v1.5
Small performance tweaks
Bug fixes
...a few more things

Hopefully the new builds will be nice and smooth. The Fuze is no longer my daily device, but they definitely feel better than 5.5B.

-haze-

Dec 26, 2007
Nu JeRzY, USA
Hey Todd, really excited to try the newest version. If you want me to test it out as far as data connections, etc. before you release it, I should be free today.

Let me know.

Also, are you using any security/tracking programs? I've been trying to find a good one and Sprite Terminator blew up on me causing me to do a Hard Reset (don't use that program!). I recently stumbled upon Remote Tracker and it seems to be the best security software out there right now, and it's free.

http://remotetracker.sourceforge.net

I was wondering if you would entertain the idea of cooking this into one of your future releases so if our devices are stolen (God forbid, I'd cry), and the thief is "savvy" enough to do a hard reset, the program would still run in the background allowing us to find our device.

Anyone else using this? Anyone agree/disagree?

Sorry to hear about your leaving AT&T. It is truly a great loss to Fuze addicts everywhere. :)

I'm still back on v4.6, and wanted to wait until you got TF3D re-inserted in your ROM before upgrading to WM6.5, so it looks like v5.6 will be my lucky number! I'm soooo looking forward to it!

And I finally managed to buy you a beer!

buzzmanfly

Jul 21, 2009
Mississippi
Thanks for not giving up on us with the Fuze specific builds. That's why I chose to use NATF roms in the first place.

OK, quick status update:

v5.6 Fuze builds are ready. The Touch Pro builds still need tweaking. I will get them finished while at work tomorrow, and start all the uploads tomorrow night.

Summary:

OS 23052
Manila updated to 2.1 v1.5
Small performance tweaks
Bug fixes
...a few more things

Hopefully the new builds will be nice and smooth. The Fuze is no longer my daily device, but they definitely feel better than 5.5B.

Dec 5, 2008
Thanks for all your work NATF...

I'm in the same boat...sort of

I'm jumping ship from ATT simply b/c I'm a bit tired of them and their CS...among other issues...

I'm thinking of hopping on board with TMo and getting the TP2 but might go with VZW

NotATreoFan

Moderator Emeritus
Thanks for all your work NATF...

I'm in the same boat...sort of

I'm jumping ship from ATT simply b/c I'm a bit tired of them and their CS...among other issues...

I'm thinking of hopping on board with TMo and getting the TP2 but might go with VZW

I played with the T-Mobile TP2 right after it came out, and it felt so cheap.

wildace408

Nov 6, 2007
San Jose
Hey NATF,
Just wanted to bring this up. Not really what I would call a bug nor is it specific to your rom. It has to do with the theme you included and the newer builds of wm6.5. What happens is the background color becomes grey. I've included pics that show the issue along with pics after it has been fixed using UI Tweaker.

Other than that the rom is great. Thx again for another great rom.

EDIT: Went to sync to outlook but keeps getting an error. Using 5.6 Fuze Manilla. Going to flash back to 5.5B to confirm wether its a rom issue or computer.

Last edited:

bhyde

Oct 8, 2007
Atlanta
Exchange Sync

Anyone having issues with sync to Exchange? I tried deleting the account and adding it back but no dice. Using 5.6 Manilla from my man NATF...

I'm checking operator error on my art in the meantime

r3vG

Jan 19, 2009
Anyone having issues with sync to Exchange? I tried deleting the account and adding it back but no dice. Using 5.6 Manilla from my man NATF...

I'm checking operator error on my art in the meantime

I am having the same problem. this has been frustrating me for the past 2 hours.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Thank You for creating this amazing series of ROMs!!! I have been using v5.7 for quite a while now, and was planning on switching to 6.0 however was waiting for 6.1 since it was pending release. Have you had a chance to put it back together after your unfortunate hard drive crash or is 6.0 become the last official release in this series? Has anybody found any disadvantages to switching to 6.0 from 5.7?

Sadly 6.0 will be the final ROM released. I was never able to recover 100% of my data, and I've been so busy with work lately that I finally made the painful decision to part with my Fuze a couple weeks ago.