Kitkat OTA update not working with HTC one

Search This thread

Drakeskakes

Oct 28, 2008
Hey guys, I just got a new phone from the factory.

I have it unlocked, rooted with Super SU (verified root access) and CWM for Spr.
I downloaded 4.4 OTA and when I try to install, it loads into CMW, and imeddiately aborts. I try to load rom from Sdcard/download and select the the zip.
It verifies the file, then checks for signature. I toggled OFF signature verification, and it still continues to Abort. Here is the abort message.
The only thing I dont' have is S-OFF. Not sure if that is what is causing the issues, but I haven't found an easy way to S-OFF with a mac
I am also on Hboot 1.55

Attachments

• IMAG2393.jpg
    IMAG2393.jpg
    273.5 KB · Views: 207

Pard0ned

Oct 14, 2010
Belfast

I have it unlocked, rooted with Super SU (verified root access) and CWM for Spr.
I downloaded 4.4 OTA and when I try to install, it loads into CMW, and imeddiately aborts. I try to load rom from Sdcard/download and select the the zip.
It verifies the file, then checks for signature. I toggled OFF signature verification, and it still continues to Abort. Here is the abort message.
The only thing I dont' have is S-OFF. Not sure if that is what is causing the issues, but I haven't found an easy way to S-OFF with a mac
I am also on Hboot 1.55

You can't install/flash OTAs in a custom recovery. You need stock. Afaik, you can't be modified in anyway. That means no root or anything.

If you really wanna stay stock just flash an RUU for your region.

Or stay on custom ROMs. There's a multitude of great sense KitKat ROMs in the android development section which you can flash in CWM.

Sent from my CyanogenModded HTC One, using Tapatalk

Last edited:

raghav kapur

Aug 1, 2012
Bloomington, IN

I am also on Hboot 1.55

Install ARHD 52 custom rom, 4.4 Kitkat and Sense 5.5 based. Much less headache than fully restoring ur phone
Also, firewater S-OFF exploit is fully compatible with Mac OS. Ive tested it