[Q] G3 or Nexus 6?

Search This thread

F4M0U569

Dec 10, 2011
I heard the rumor changed from 5.5 screen to 5.2. I wish they offered a google edition as well

freebee269

Feb 27, 2013
I can only give my opinion from the Nexus 5 situation that I had.

Prior to buying a nexus 5 I had a Galaxy S4 then after switching to the Nexus 5 although a great phone I realised that it is simply a trimmed down version of the G2 with different button placement.

I the case of the G3 I think what you have already is maybe an idea of what the next Nexus may be. I know LG are developing it but specs wise I cannot see the Nexus 6 beating the G3 by much or if at all.

The only real decider is the software with the Nexus being a pure android device. But as we are on XDA I think we all understand the power of the devs and community. There will be ROMs for the G3 that will be able to provide the same experience soon enough.

My thoughts anyway

Lg has already said they are not making the next nexus device. There is just a bunch of speculation right now about what Google is going to do with their next phone and no one knows who is going to make it. If you're deciding between the g3 and the next Google phone, i'd go with the g3 now. You may be disappointed with how long you have to wait to hear anything about the next Google phone.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using XDA Free mobile app

jhericurls

Aug 9, 2009
I really want a G3 but can't see me keeping it long. The Nexus 6 is really temping with Android L but don't know when that is going to drop. I'm currently seriously considering waiting for the Motorola X+1 which should be here in within 2 months.

Ariozo

Dec 17, 2009
www.techandhobby.se
Use the g3 and love it, will get the nexus when it hit the market. But have hard time i will think the g3 is bad/old even when i get it, as g3 is a damn fast and sweet device. And i dont come from a 3 years old device, have m8,s5,z2 but compare to g3 they feel old..:)
Will compare g3 to Find 7 when i get it in Juli, see how it feels and work with CoS..:)

Skickat från min LG-D855 via Tapatalk

Dwayne01

Jan 27, 2009
Lg has already said they are not making the next nexus device. There is just a bunch of speculation right now about what Google is going to do with their next phone and no one knows who is going to make it. If you're deciding between the g3 and the next Google phone, i'd go with the g3 now. You may be disappointed with how long you have to wait to hear anything about the next Google phone.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using XDA Free mobile app

Yeah I meant to say I heard LG are "not" developing it. But then again they said the same thing last year. So..

Rippley05

May 11, 2010
Doubt there will be a nexus 6

Sent from my SM-G900V using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

piepie22

Jun 22, 2007
I have been using Nexus a long time, they are always great phones reasonable priced.
But they are NEVER Premium phones like Samsung S, LG G, or iPhone.

Nexus 5 poor battery killed my whole desire to get another Nexus. It was just too much hassle doing so many mod, undervolting to get it right.

I would suggest just get the G3, if you want to Nexus later, just sell the G3.
The Premium phone always have a higher resale value than Nexus.

Badouken

Jan 7, 2013
Nashville
Ive been asking myself the same thing... I have an upgrade in August and my Galaxy S3 is really really starting to show its age... Im really tempted to upgrade to the LG G3 but the Nexus 6 might be out in late October / Early November...

Ive considered waiting because Ive never had a Nexus phone and I really want one! but Im also on Verizon... so the chances of the next Nexus phone coming to Verizon or working on their network is slim to none... Thats why i might not wait for the next Nexus phone...

If the next Nexus phone is capable of running on Verizon (by some miracle) I could just save up and buy it and slap my sim card in... (unless I cant do that because of some Verizon BS). So im probably going for the G3, unless the battery life is worse than my S3 somehow.

Last edited:

hello00

Dec 29, 2009
South Miami, FL
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Ive been asking myself the same thing... I have an upgrade in August and my Galaxy S3 is really really starting to show its age... Im really tempted to upgrade to the LG G3 but the Nexus 6 might be out in late October / Early November...

Ive considered waiting because Ive never had a Nexus phone and I really want one! but Im also on Verizon... so the chances of the next Nexus phone coming to Verizon or working on their network is slim to none... Thats why i might not wait for the next Nexus phone...

If the next Nexus phone is capable of running on Verizon (by some miracle) I could just save up and buy it and slap my sim card in... (unless I cant do that because of some Verizon BS). So im probably going for the G3, unless the battery life is worse than my S3 somehow.

i have the n5 on tmobile right now and im not waiting for the next nexus..im getting the g3 no matter what but i still would get the n6 if it is worth the upgrade..it would suck going from 5.5" to 5.2" as thats what the n6 will have

tarroyo

Apr 5, 2007
Hidden Hills, CA
Usually the devices are similar in specs but with LG not being the company to make the Nexus 6 (or whatever it will be called) it's a whole different ball game.

Dan1909

Oct 15, 2010
Usually the devices are similar in specs but with LG not being the company to make the Nexus 6 (or whatever it will be called) it's a whole different ball game.

It's worth noting that (if I remember correctly) LG also said they weren't making the Nexus 5.

There's been so many rumours floating around about who isn't making the Nexus 6, or how there won't be one at all that I wouldn't rule anything out yet.

Lostatsea23

Apr 13, 2014
If you get a nexus there are usually things you have to deal with because the cheap price, whether its really bad speakers, bad earpiece, or bad reception and build quality issues, there's always a downfall to cutting corners. If you can deal with that then the Nexus is the way to go.

F4M0U569

Dec 10, 2011
If you get a nexus there are usually things you have to deal with because the cheap price, whether its really bad speakers, bad earpiece, or bad reception and build quality issues, there's always a downfall to cutting corners. If you can deal with that then the Nexus is the way to go.

True. I bought the bright n5 like 3 months ago (I had the white one previously) and now the red one is having wifi issues!. Sometimes it would disconnect and reconnect, really slow! I can't wait to sell this phone and get the g3 then. I use the wifi a lot

daddioj

Jul 23, 2011
Poconos
True. I bought the bright n5 like 3 months ago (I had the white one previously) and now the red one is having wifi issues!. Sometimes it would disconnect and reconnect, really slow! I can't wait to sell this phone and get the g3 then. I use the wifi a lot

the G3 i had . had really strong wifi signal and reception in general

F4M0U569

Dec 10, 2011
the G3 i had . had really strong wifi signal and reception in general

I found out I was having wifi problems when I used my old white n5. At first I thought I was having issues with the router but it is the god damn phone that is having the problem. It was already too late to rma it. How do the buttons feel being on the back?

daddioj

Jul 23, 2011
Poconos
I found out I was having wifi problems when I used my old white n5. At first I thought I was having issues with the router but it is the god damn phone that is having the problem. It was already too late to rma it. How do the buttons feel being on the back?

solid. but then again so did my G2

Pilz

Dec 1, 2013
Texas
Imagine the Nexus 6 being a G3.....but with a FHD screen to cut costs......and no replaceable battery or external sd....so the battery could be the same as in the G2, a Li-Po battery instead of a Li-On

That would get great battery life!

I don't trust LiPo batteries. A short circuit could in the regulating chip can cause them to explode. I've always be weary of them because of this. Seeing one malfunction is cool to watch unless its unintentional. I know most laptops use them, but that's just me. A removable battery is better in my opinion. If there was a GPE of the G3 that would be better than a Nexus 6.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    We all know that android L will probably be pre installed on the nexus 6 so would you wait for the n6 or get the g3

Hi F4M0U569. Quite a really good question - I still evaluate pros and cons. My G3 should be delivered today but I see the Nexus 6 at the end of the year.

I don't think the Nexus 6 smartphone would be a younger and slightly adjusted G3, as much others do right now. I believe, Google won't bring a smartphone reference platform - this is what the Nexus devices are - with an "old" 32 bit Snapdragon 801 when the new Android system was released with the advantage of a 64 bit system.

But if you need a new device for whatever reason (old one is defect/too slow, you're just so delighted/happy and freaking out because of this new device - like me), than just buy it. If you can wait, wait until you need a new device. Don't wait for the next big step. As soon as you have the new device, it's ready to go to the museum soon.