I-957 section

Search This thread

villa2

Apr 2, 2012
Coming from a i987 and just got my i957 today, I highly favour a separate forum for the i957.

Is there a thread already how to easily get completely rid of the stupid AT&T stuff? Would truly appreciate that...

The tablet is brandnew and I don't wanna break it the first day...

Thanks Villa

jomeister15

Mar 17, 2011
anything from nycbjr?

He said he'd rather not work on it just because he doesn't have the device, and he would feel bad if he bricked all of our tabs.

Actual PM (hopefully nycbjr won't kill me):
Code:
So i discussed it with the group and without having one of these in our possesion 
we don't feel comforatable potentially bricking your (or anyones devices), 
so we have a few choices.. 
take up a collection :-) and/or you can join us on gmail and 
ask some questions maybe myself or motely can help you get your alpha going, 
then we can def kick out AOKP..

I may still give it a try when I have some time as well..

So, we'll see what happens.

Reactions: ioN_

ZX6Chris

Apr 1, 2012
Our own forum would be great. A nice ICS ROM would be even greater. I'm thinking I may build it myself.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using XDA

ioN_

Feb 8, 2011
ROM for I957

wow!! I've been reading through all the posts here and i have been rooting and using the custom roms since my OG droid and it is hard for me to believe that we don't have one for our tab :( ......lets do what we can to try to make this happen

danix180

Jul 22, 2010
Chicago
SGH-i957 should have a separate section.

I vote yay

---------- Post added at 08:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:09 PM ----------

nycbjr deserves a donation...

I just bought a new i957 from ebay that will replace my good ol' nook.

Instead of paying ATT the data plan fees I'd rather donate to the XDA devs.

So keep up the good work and we'll keep our donations flowing.

orlandoxpolice

Mar 6, 2007
I've vented my frustration on the other thread. seems like no one with power reads it

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using xda premium

phil_white99

Apr 11, 2008
Another vote for 8.9 LTE forum

Back in January, I PM'd Senior Forum Moderator lufc about getting our own forum for the 8.9 LTE devices. His reply at that time was,

"Hi. I think admin would not go for a Lte separate forum the reason being is as you know the 8.9 was in with the 10.1 and it was a lot of haggling to get the 8.9 on its own so i doubt they will go for 2 8.9 forums but i will ask them as like you said the specs are different. Thanks."

But it seems like the admins keep shooting it down. Maybe if you guys PM lufc he might alert them to this thread.

Thanks!

orlandoxpolice

Mar 6, 2007
I talked to lufc months ago and he said to contact a main xda admin

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using xda premium

O_G

Retired Senior Moderator / Retired ET Admin
Jul 8, 2007
Hi to all

I have just been assigned to this forum. I have seen this problem in a few of my other forums. Its best if i contact lufc to see how far he got with this. It may be possible to add a separate development section, but no promises.

Peace!

O_G

orlandoxpolice

Mar 6, 2007
Hi to all

I have just been assigned to this forum. I have seen this problem in a few of my other forums. Its best if i contact lufc to see how far he got with this. It may be possible to add a separate development section, but no promises.

Peace!

O_G

thanks. if anyone asks you about how many people are requesting, point them to this thread.

pseudo_nomen

Jun 22, 2010
+1
Definitely support an I-957 section - or at least a dev sub-forum for our device since it's based on completely different hardware.

kizmit

Apr 23, 2012
I would totally support an I-957 section. I'm totally new to mine (1 day yay~!) but I can't wait to get the most out of it.

I'm also up for helping to try things out :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    How come the I-957 and the 73xx are in the same section. Aren't they completely different? You can't flash a rom from one to another. So why not have them seperated in to individual development sections...

I think this would eliminate bricking and confusion and it would clean up the way we look for roms. Also probably other things aswell.

What needs to be done in order to acomplish this?

Thanks for all your attention.

PS. Can someone make a poll with all the different models to pick which ones we have... This would demonstrate how many people have what device and help to make a decision if it would be better to split it up.

For example the EVO 3d. It has a CDMA and a GSM dev section. Because they are pretty different...

Sent from my PG86100 using xda premium
    I agree with you completely.

I talked to the forum moderator about who to talk to, and I commented in a post where they were asking about requests for a new forum. Don't know what else to do really.

The problem as I see it as this is not a very common tablet that a lot of people have, so there is not a lot of demand for a new forum. But I encourage you to try as well and maybe we can get something done.
    Hi to all

Peace!

O_G
    The I-957 will be getting a sub forum inside the tab 8.9 forums.

I know it is not a full forum but it is better than nothing at present
    Hi everyone,

Please answer my question.... I spoke with a developer of AOKP rom and he willing make an support for i957 version tab with his kickass AOKP rom.

If you guys seriously want custom rom on your i957 Tab and Lets make it happen!

Here his response.

What's this guy's name? I'll be glad to speak with him and maybe help us get some AOKP, since I do have somewhat of a device tree and an AOSP rom.