[CLOSED][DISCONTINUED][STABLE][ROM] CyanogenMod 12.1 for SM-G530W/T/T1 | SM-G530FZ

What device do you use?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

vince2678

Recognized Developer
Jul 5, 2016
ROM Information

• ROM Target Device: Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime SM-G530W | SM-G530T | SM-G530T1 | SM-G530FZ
  • ROM Status: Stable
  • ROM OS: CyanogenMod 12.1
  • Maintainers: [ vince2678 ]
    [*] Project GitHub Repositories: https://github.com/vince2678

Build Tracking & Download
CyanogenMod (CM-12.1): http://grandprime.ddns.net/jenkins/job/CM_Builds/

TWRP Builds:: http://grandprime.ddns.net/jenkins/job/TWRP_Builds/

You can track builds via RSS: http://grandprime.ddns.net/jenkins/job/CM_Builds/rssLatest

All the builds from above are testing builds, and as such, are likely to be extremely unstable or
unusable.

Nightly and Stable Builds: http://grandprime.ddns.net/builds/

Instructions
To flash an the ROM, you can either:
  • Download a zip archive from above and flash it from recovery by sideloading the zip (using adb sideload) or by
    just copying it to the device (using adb push or MTP file transfer) and installing it. Instructions are below under
    Zip Instructions.
  • Download a tar.md5.xz archive which can be flashed via ODIN. Instructions are below at ODIN Instructions.

After CM-12.1 is installed, flash either the GApps package linked above, or download openGApps, but only
the micro version
, otherwise there will be app conflicts between the CM apps and the GApps.

After flashing an image successfully, simply check for updates from System->About to update thereafter.

Device Names

Verify your device codename before downloading any firmwares or recovery images!

SM-G530W - gprimeltecan
SM-G530T - gprimeltetmo
SM-G530T1 - gprimeltemtr
SM-G530FZ - gprimeltexx

Note
Do NOT ask for help/post issues if you:
Code:
[LIST]
[*] Have flashed mods (Xposed, etc);

[*] Didn't read the OP;

[*] Didn't follow intructions to the word.

[/LIST]
And most of all, I'm not taking feature or device requests.

Disclaimer

I'm not willing to help anyone who damages their device because they didn't take the time to read any instructions I may have written
up, and I'm not willing to do any hand-holding when it comes to flashing custom firmwares. I assume beforehand that you know what terms
such as "Odin" and "recovery" mean in this context and the basics of flashing firmwares using Odin and custom recoveries.

These packages are distributed in the hope that they will be useful,
but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of
MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.

I'm not responsible for any bricked devices, etc, etc, as a result of flashing these images. It is assumed that by downloading one of
these images you possess the prerequisite knowledge required to flash such firmware image.

Zip Instructions

• [*] Download and install a TWRP recovery file for your device if you are on stock recovery. You will have to flash the recovery
    .tar file for your device using ODIN (see ODIN Install below) or by using one of several applications from the Play Store such as
    Rashr (will require a rooted phone).

[*] Download a recent .zip file from the links above for your device.

[*] Reboot into recovery mode [Press Power+Volume Up+Home].

[*] Wipe your data and cache partition (equivalent to doing a Factory Reset) if you are coming from a stock ROM.

[*] Either: Plug in your phone into your computer, copy the zip file to a location on your Internal or External Storage on a
    device, click Install on TWRP on your phone and locate the zip file in the phone, or:

[*] Plug in your phone into your computer, and open Advanced->ADB Sideload on TWRP on your phone and swipe the slider to enter
    sideload mode. Then open a command prompt/terminal on your computer in the folder you put the file by Shift-Clicking (Shift+Right
    Click)
    and selecting "Open Command Prompt/Terminal Here" (you will need to have adb installed) and type:

Code:
    adb sideload name_of_zip.zip

to sideload the file. Replace name_of_zip.zip with the name of the file. If you are running Linux you may need to type
    adb kill-server and use sudo adb sideload if you get an `Insufficient Permissions` error.

[*] Download and flash GApps in the same way (optional).

ODIN Instructions

The flashable images are hosted at the link above.
The directory contains tar.md5.xz archives. The tar.md5.xz archives are named according to the date the image was built, e.g
cm_gprimeltecan-ddmmyyyy.tar.md5.xz and can be uncompressed to yield the flashable .tar.md5 archive.

Each ODIN flashable .tar.md5 contains the boot image, recovery image, and system image for flashing.

Installation

• [*] Enable Developer Mode on your phone and unlock the bootloader from the settings, if not done already.
    [*] Download a recent compressed flashable image above.

[*] Reboot into Download Mode [Press Power+Volume Down+Home].

[*] Extract the tar.md5.xz archive with 7zip or `xz -d cm_gprimeltecan-ddmmyyyy.tar.md5.xz` if under Linux or Cygwin to get a flashable
    tar.md5 file.

[*] Flash the tar.md5 archive using ODIN by clicking AP and selecting the .tar.md5 file you just
    extracted. If the file was corrupted during download, the installation will fail. You will need to redownload the file in this
    case.

[*] You will need to wipe your data and cache partitions afterwards (equivalent to a Factory Reset) if you are coming from a
    stock ROM, which can be done by rebooting into recovery [Power+Volume Up+Home].

[*]
  • Download and flash GApps (optional).

TL;DR: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fbabglAX5Ho

Changelog

01/11/2016
* [ fixed ] NFC is now working.
* [ note ] This batch will be the last build(s) for CM-12.1.

30/10/2016
* [ G530FZ ] Changed kernel source
* [ G530FZ ] Rear and front camera should be working as @kentone said.

12/09/2016
* [ G530FZ ] Enabled LTE
* [ G530FZ ] InputDisabler should now be working fine.
* [ G530FZ ] Fixed up camera code in kernel. If rear camera still does not work, then this is an issue in
the proprietary files.

08/09/2016
* Added a few more frequencies to the cpufreq kernel table (overclock to 1209MHz, and addition of 1152MHz).
Please don't request for me to add anything higher; the CPU is rated maximum for 1209MHz (even with nitrogen cooling, and so on), so it is
impossible to go past this.

* Added the "Particle" charging animation from the stock ROM. Off-mode charging should be working proper as well.
* Fixed Viper4Android (module was not named properly when copied to system).
* Updated InputDisabler code (the software that turns your touch screen off when you call).
* Tuned Kernel Samepage Merging to be less agressive with memory page merging. This should fix the responsiveness issues that popped up
in the last builds.

* ZRAM is available for all devices (fixed at 512MB), but only enabled by default for the G530FZ. There's a post somewhere on how to
enable it in the thread.
* Patched the update zips from today's builds with an old updater binary (zip updates should work again). I removed the zips from
Jenkins so they're only available from the /builds/ directory on the root of the web server.

* Added a few more screenshots.
* Any other changes in the log are more concerned with refactoring of code in the device trees, etc.

05/09/2016
* Added new build server [Bilbo]
* Added Viper4Android as the default equaliser.
* In-call audio now working.
* TWRP is now the default recovery [in the ODIN images]
* [ G530FZ ] Fixed zram properties, added other low-memory tweaks
* Enabled dex pre-optimisation [= Faster app startup, lower memory usage, quicker boots]
* I dunno what else, you check and see.

01/09/2016
* [ G530W ] The sleep of death issue should be gone on the latest successful build, and the device should be
going into deep sleep properly. I have yet to resolve this for the other devices (probably in a few days).

31/08/2016
* Fixed InputDisabler
* Added qcom powerHAL (might hopefully fix sleep issue)
+ Various other fixes ( file access permissions, kernel tweaks)

29/08/2016
* Initial work on cpu undervolting.

28/08/2016
* Fixed MTP support in TWRP (if you use TWRP, reinstall it).
* TWRP now shows proper disk free space information.
* adb sideload now works in TWRP (may need to kill adb server and start as root to do so).
* Added new device (SM-G530T1).
* Added VoLTE support to SM-G530FZ (Still no in-call audio :( ).
* Added darkness cpufreq driver (from Mokee kernel) to kernel.
* Enabled ZRAM by default in SM-G530FZ.
* Trebuchet and System UI should be working properly now (ostensibly it requires hardware rendering,
which is disabled on low-ram devices by default).
+ There may be other minor fixes I missed here.

25/08/2016
* MTP is now working (properly)

25/08/2016
* MTP is kinda working (I'm investigating)
* Modem is now fully working on G530FZ (calling, audio, data).
* All sensors (gyro, magnetic, proximity) working on G530FZ.

19/08/2016
* Fixed WiFi tethering
* Fixed issue with WiFi and bluetooth MAC addresses (were not set properly at boot).
* Added Samsung Doze app
+ Several other minor fixes and tweaks

14/08/2016
* Kernel is now built entirely from source
* WiFi should be working again on all builds

12/08/2016
* TWRP recovery is now available (I will not bother servicing any issues regarding this if it doesn't work for you, it is included here
purely for the purpose of providing a different recovery to those that want one.)

* There do not seem to be any more sleep-of-death issues (this seems to have ended the last build).
* Over-The-Air updates are now possible, simply check for updates from System->About (after flashing this image).

03/08/2016
* Recents button is now working (thanks @Has.007 !).
* I'm not going to be uploading any new images because I'm currently working on getting the kernel to build from
source, and (I'm occupied with exams and schoolwork in general), so no new images are going to be pushed until this works properly (I had
to cobble this one together from a failed build on the custom kernel).

31/07/2016
* Added a few tweaks concerning CPU frequency scaling so there should be power savings from that as well as lowered device temperatures.
* Kernel Adiutor frequency scaling now works properly.

30/07/2016
* The previous update was buggy and kept crashing, I pulled that one and uploaded a new one which should hopefully fix that.

29/07/2016
* Minor tweaks

25/07/2016
* Both front and rear camera work as expected now.
* Trebuchet now displays the lock screen image properly.
* Trebuchet now displays full windows in the Recent Apps switcher.
* GPS is working

24/07/2016
* WIP - I had uploaded an image but I pulled it because filesystem mounting was broken in this build.
* I have pushed a new image, but something broke in the build which is preventing the sdcard from being mounted at boot by Vold (an
explicit entry had to be put in the fstab). I will be reverting changes and looking for a fix so there might be no build for the next few
days.
* Mobile data is now working in this build, but phone calls can still neither be placed nor received.
* System detects SIM card properly.
* GPS is not working.
* Rear camera works properly with the default camera app, however the front camera does not work with the default application and trying
to switch to it will cause the app to crash and refuse to open.
* Recents button is still not working (I had thought I fixed it but apparently it isn't working).

23/07/2016
* Limited mobile connectivity [ sending/receiving texts ].
- Calls can be received or made but there is no audio (speaker or microphone).
- Mobile data is not working.
- Currently the system does not show the mobile connection as active, but texts can still be sent and received.
* Screen brightness controls working

22/07/2016

Currently the system does not show the mobile connection as
active, but texts can still be sent and received.
* Fixed troublesome cgroups problem, meaning:
Apps can now be installed on the device; and
Apps no longer crash.
* Minimal camera capability - camera image is distorted, and only back camera works.

21/07/2016
* Wifi connectivity now available. [module has to be manually loaded - use adb shell su modprobe wlan ]
* Bluetooth is now working.
* GPS is working.
* Audio is working (microphone, speaker)
* Multimedia playback working
* Sensors are working (magnetic, rotation/gyro,proximity)

21/07/2016

* Initial image created.

Known Issues

======================================================================================================================================================================================

All devices
Format: [PRIORITY] Issue.

• [LOW] FM Radio app is not working

======================================================================================================================================================================================

Issue Reporting
You can report issues with the ROM here on this forum.

Contribute
If you are familiar with Makefiles and the Linux shell, (optionally Java, C, C++) you can contribute directly to the
project by collaborating on working on the device and vendor trees.

You can also just download the ROM and report any issues and submit logcats.

Kudos
  • @Xenotoad for the extra build server [Bilbo].
  • ViPER520 and zhuhang for the awesome equaliser (Viper4Android).
  • @zim555 for the audio fix, and various other bits from his device sources.
  • @baran0119 who did some work on the G530FZ and on whose work the source is based on.

Screenshots

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 11,442
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    129.8 KB · Views: 11,845
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 11,645
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 11,371
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 11,341
  • 6.png
    6.png
    57.4 KB · Views: 9,710
  • 7.png
    7.png
    71.1 KB · Views: 9,627
  • 8.png
    8.png
    77.1 KB · Views: 9,007
  • Screenshot_2016-09-08-06-15-31.png
    Screenshot_2016-09-08-06-15-31.png
    54 KB · Views: 8,700
  • Screenshot_2016-09-08-22-48-53.png
    Screenshot_2016-09-08-22-48-53.png
    53.2 KB · Views: 8,552
Last edited:

Pbotelho

Mar 4, 2016
Here's the logcat for the kernel adiutor frequency issue. Let me know if there's anything else you need.

Attachments

• logcat.txt
    395.4 KB · Views: 241
J

joe_5579

i'm new here but..

:):) yesterday I installed this rom on my SM-G530W and I'm so happy with it. The front camera on default camera app is working perfectly fine. All that I desperately want fixed soon is data and calling :p :crying:

J

joe_5579

Hi Joe,

The mobile data should be working on this build, did you try enabling it and checking?
It's working now :) glad its working. Thank you btw for this rom once again. Question: If you were to fix an issue, would i have to just update my cyanogenmod to get the issue fixed?

vince2678

Recognized Developer
Jul 5, 2016
It's working now :) glad its working. Thank you btw for this rom once again. Question: If you were to fix an issue, would i have to just update my cyanogenmod to get the issue fixed?

You mean update via the System Settings? This ROM is not officially supported by Cyanogenmod, so there are no Over-The-Air updates, but you can just come here and check to see if I have fixed anything else, and download the ROM and flash it. That would indeed fix the issue.

Reactions: 1le
J

joe_5579

You mean update via the System Settings? This ROM is not officially supported by Cyanogenmod, so there are no Over-The-Air updates, but you can just come here and check to see if I have fixed anything else, and download the ROM and flash it. That would indeed fix the issue.

Zippy Dufus

Feb 12, 2011
Hi Joe,

The mobile data should be working on this build, did you try enabling it and checking?

Hey @vince2678

I'm getting hot to flash this! Does this mean phone calling is working as well? Does sms messaging work as well?

I'm keeping an eye on your issue log but don't see (or recognize) an entry for this issue.

And I have been watching your repos and see that you have been busy!

Also, I've tried to build your ROM and I'm getting the error below. Is this as simple as adding another remove-project entry in the manifest?

+ make otapackage
============================================
PLATFORM_VERSION_CODENAME=REL
PLATFORM_VERSION=5.1.1
CM_VERSION=
TARGET_PRODUCT=full
TARGET_BUILD_VARIANT=eng
TARGET_BUILD_TYPE=release
TARGET_BUILD_APPS=
TARGET_ARCH=arm
TARGET_ARCH_VARIANT=armv7-a
TARGET_CPU_VARIANT=generic
TARGET_2ND_ARCH=
TARGET_2ND_ARCH_VARIANT=
TARGET_2ND_CPU_VARIANT=
HOST_ARCH=x86_64
HOST_OS=linux
HOST_OS_EXTRA=Linux-4.6.4-301.fc24.x86_64-x86_64-with-fedora-24-Twenty_Four
HOST_BUILD_TYPE=release
BUILD_ID=LMY49J
OUT_DIR=/home/android/out
Checking build tools versions...
"ebtables is disabled on this build"
find: ‘dummy’: No such file or directory
build/core/base_rules.mk:154: *** platform_testing/tests/jank/webview: MODULE.TARGET.APPS.UbWebViewJankTests already defined by frameworks/webview/chromium/tests/UbWebViewJankTests. Stop.​

Last edited:

vince2678

Recognized Developer
Jul 5, 2016
Hey @vince2678

I'm getting hot to flash this! Does this mean phone calling is working as well? Does sms messaging work as well?
Hey @Zippy Dufus, SMS messaging has been working for a while, and mobile data has been working since the last two uploaded builds as well. Right now, the only troublesome aspect on the radio is the telephony, which isn't working as expected, but I am investigating the issue, and I *might* have a fix by tomorrow or the end of the weekend.
[/QUOTE]

I'm keeping an eye on your issue log but don't see (or recognize) an entry for this issue.

All issues RIL or telephony related on the Issues page are concerning this, so don't worry, I'm definitely looking into it.
One major problem in getting things to work is that most of the proprietary binaries or libraries on the stock ROM from qcom or Samsung are simply undocumented and as such it is difficult to understand what exactly needs to be fixed to get the telephony aspect of RIL to work fully.

And I have been watching your repos and see that you have been busy!

Also, I've tried to build your ROM and I'm getting the error below. Is this as simple as adding another remove-project entry in the manifest?

+ make otapackage
PLATFORM_VERSION_CODENAME=REL
PLATFORM_VERSION=5.1.1
CM_VERSION=
TARGET_PRODUCT=full
TARGET_BUILD_VARIANT=eng
TARGET_BUILD_TYPE=release
TARGET_BUILD_APPS=
TARGET_ARCH=arm
TARGET_ARCH_VARIANT=armv7-a
TARGET_CPU_VARIANT=generic
TARGET_2ND_ARCH=
TARGET_2ND_ARCH_VARIANT=
TARGET_2ND_CPU_VARIANT=
HOST_ARCH=x86_64
HOST_OS=linux
HOST_OS_EXTRA=Linux-4.6.4-301.fc24.x86_64-x86_64-with-fedora-24-Twenty_Four
HOST_BUILD_TYPE=release
BUILD_ID=LMY49J
OUT_DIR=/home/android/out
Checking build tools versions...
"ebtables is disabled on this build"
find: ‘dummy’: No such file or directory
build/core/base_rules.mk:154: *** platform_testing/tests/jank/webview: MODULE.TARGET.APPS.UbWebViewJankTests already defined by frameworks/webview/chromium/tests/UbWebViewJankTests. Stop.​

I don't get this issue under my build. It looks like you have duplicate declarations for some tests in your build directory, could you try erasing all the code in your build directory and re-initialising it as follows:

Code:
cd /path/to/build/directory
rm ./*
repo -j sync

Making sure not to erase the .repo hidden directory in the build directory.

PS: I hadn't noticed this before, but it looks like you might have forgotten to do a . build/envsetup.sh && lunch cm_gprimeltecan_userdebug before running make -j otapackage, try that first, and if it doesn't work, then try resetting your build directory.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1le and Zippy Dufus

snthe

Jan 16, 2016
Hi snthe,

The cameras seem to be working correctly, if you have any issues, could you detail them more fully so that I can understand the problem?

Thanks.
thx for your reply bro,but i not use your variant. I use 530H.
I ask that to u because on our cm12.1 camera when set to 8mp and use flash screen flickering.. This is the thread http://xdaforums.com/grand-prime/development/dailybuild-cm12-1-galaxy-grand-prime-t3345897/
Maybe u can help us to fix that if u not encountered that bug on yours

vince2678

Recognized Developer
Jul 5, 2016
thx for your reply bro,but i not use your variant. I use 530H.
I ask that to u because on our cm12.1 camera when set to 8mp and use flash screen flickering.. This is the thread http://xdaforums.com/grand-prime/development/dailybuild-cm12-1-galaxy-grand-prime-t3345897/
Maybe u can help us to fix that if u not encountered that bug on yours

Hi,

Sorry, I don't think I can help, to fix such an issue I'd have to have the device to work with. You should ask one of the devs on the ROM to look for a solution to that.

J

joe_5579

settings>buttons>home button>double tap for recently used apps :) (until recents button is fixed):)

arnaudbails

Dec 16, 2014
Hello guys i've got a FZ Too and i'll help you to test this rom ! Thanks for porting this cyanorom on our grand prime !

Reactions: vince2678
J

joe_5579

Okay so, i wanna dial *611 to top up my plan, but calls cannot be placed (i'm aware of the problem already) :( help?

vince2678

Recognized Developer
Jul 5, 2016
Okay so, i wanna dial *611 to top up my plan, but calls cannot be placed (i'm aware of the problem already) :( help?

As of the image(s) from 03/08/2016, calls can now be made and received, BUT *audio* calls cannot be placed or received because the audio is not being routed correctly for some reason. Dialling USSR codes should still work fine.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ROM Information

• ROM Target Device: Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime SM-G530W | SM-G530T | SM-G530T1 | SM-G530FZ
    • ROM Status: Stable
    • ROM OS: CyanogenMod 12.1
    • Maintainers: [ vince2678 ]
      [*] Project GitHub Repositories: https://github.com/vince2678

Build Tracking & Download
    CyanogenMod (CM-12.1): http://grandprime.ddns.net/jenkins/job/CM_Builds/

TWRP Builds:: http://grandprime.ddns.net/jenkins/job/TWRP_Builds/

You can track builds via RSS: http://grandprime.ddns.net/jenkins/job/CM_Builds/rssLatest

All the builds from above are testing builds, and as such, are likely to be extremely unstable or
    unusable.

Nightly and Stable Builds: http://grandprime.ddns.net/builds/

Instructions
    To flash an the ROM, you can either:
    • Download a zip archive from above and flash it from recovery by sideloading the zip (using adb sideload) or by
      just copying it to the device (using adb push or MTP file transfer) and installing it. Instructions are below under
      Zip Instructions.
    • Download a tar.md5.xz archive which can be flashed via ODIN. Instructions are below at ODIN Instructions.

After CM-12.1 is installed, flash either the GApps package linked above, or download openGApps, but only
    the micro version
    , otherwise there will be app conflicts between the CM apps and the GApps.

After flashing an image successfully, simply check for updates from System->About to update thereafter.

Device Names

Verify your device codename before downloading any firmwares or recovery images!

SM-G530W - gprimeltecan
    SM-G530T - gprimeltetmo
    SM-G530T1 - gprimeltemtr
    SM-G530FZ - gprimeltexx

Note
    Do NOT ask for help/post issues if you:
    Code:
    [LIST]
    [*] Have flashed mods (Xposed, etc);

[*] Didn't read the OP;

[*] Didn't follow intructions to the word.

[/LIST]
    And most of all, I'm not taking feature or device requests.

Disclaimer

I'm not willing to help anyone who damages their device because they didn't take the time to read any instructions I may have written
    up, and I'm not willing to do any hand-holding when it comes to flashing custom firmwares. I assume beforehand that you know what terms
    such as "Odin" and "recovery" mean in this context and the basics of flashing firmwares using Odin and custom recoveries.

These packages are distributed in the hope that they will be useful,
    but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of
    MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.

I'm not responsible for any bricked devices, etc, etc, as a result of flashing these images. It is assumed that by downloading one of
    these images you possess the prerequisite knowledge required to flash such firmware image.

Zip Instructions

• [*] Download and install a TWRP recovery file for your device if you are on stock recovery. You will have to flash the recovery
      .tar file for your device using ODIN (see ODIN Install below) or by using one of several applications from the Play Store such as
      Rashr (will require a rooted phone).

[*] Download a recent .zip file from the links above for your device.

[*] Reboot into recovery mode [Press Power+Volume Up+Home].

[*] Wipe your data and cache partition (equivalent to doing a Factory Reset) if you are coming from a stock ROM.

[*] Either: Plug in your phone into your computer, copy the zip file to a location on your Internal or External Storage on a
      device, click Install on TWRP on your phone and locate the zip file in the phone, or:

[*] Plug in your phone into your computer, and open Advanced->ADB Sideload on TWRP on your phone and swipe the slider to enter
      sideload mode. Then open a command prompt/terminal on your computer in the folder you put the file by Shift-Clicking (Shift+Right
      Click)
      and selecting "Open Command Prompt/Terminal Here" (you will need to have adb installed) and type:

Code:
      adb sideload name_of_zip.zip

to sideload the file. Replace name_of_zip.zip with the name of the file. If you are running Linux you may need to type
      adb kill-server and use sudo adb sideload if you get an `Insufficient Permissions` error.

[*] Download and flash GApps in the same way (optional).

ODIN Instructions

The flashable images are hosted at the link above.
    The directory contains tar.md5.xz archives. The tar.md5.xz archives are named according to the date the image was built, e.g
    cm_gprimeltecan-ddmmyyyy.tar.md5.xz and can be uncompressed to yield the flashable .tar.md5 archive.

Each ODIN flashable .tar.md5 contains the boot image, recovery image, and system image for flashing.

Installation

• [*] Enable Developer Mode on your phone and unlock the bootloader from the settings, if not done already.
      [*] Download a recent compressed flashable image above.

[*] Reboot into Download Mode [Press Power+Volume Down+Home].

[*] Extract the tar.md5.xz archive with 7zip or `xz -d cm_gprimeltecan-ddmmyyyy.tar.md5.xz` if under Linux or Cygwin to get a flashable
      tar.md5 file.

[*] Flash the tar.md5 archive using ODIN by clicking AP and selecting the .tar.md5 file you just
      extracted. If the file was corrupted during download, the installation will fail. You will need to redownload the file in this
      case.

[*] You will need to wipe your data and cache partitions afterwards (equivalent to a Factory Reset) if you are coming from a
      stock ROM, which can be done by rebooting into recovery [Power+Volume Up+Home].

[*]
    • Download and flash GApps (optional).

TL;DR: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fbabglAX5Ho

Changelog

01/11/2016
    * [ fixed ] NFC is now working.
    * [ note ] This batch will be the last build(s) for CM-12.1.

30/10/2016
    * [ G530FZ ] Changed kernel source
    * [ G530FZ ] Rear and front camera should be working as @kentone said.

12/09/2016
    * [ G530FZ ] Enabled LTE
    * [ G530FZ ] InputDisabler should now be working fine.
    * [ G530FZ ] Fixed up camera code in kernel. If rear camera still does not work, then this is an issue in
    the proprietary files.

08/09/2016
    * Added a few more frequencies to the cpufreq kernel table (overclock to 1209MHz, and addition of 1152MHz).
    Please don't request for me to add anything higher; the CPU is rated maximum for 1209MHz (even with nitrogen cooling, and so on), so it is
    impossible to go past this.

* Added the "Particle" charging animation from the stock ROM. Off-mode charging should be working proper as well.
    * Fixed Viper4Android (module was not named properly when copied to system).
    * Updated InputDisabler code (the software that turns your touch screen off when you call).
    * Tuned Kernel Samepage Merging to be less agressive with memory page merging. This should fix the responsiveness issues that popped up
    in the last builds.

* ZRAM is available for all devices (fixed at 512MB), but only enabled by default for the G530FZ. There's a post somewhere on how to
    enable it in the thread.
    * Patched the update zips from today's builds with an old updater binary (zip updates should work again). I removed the zips from
    Jenkins so they're only available from the /builds/ directory on the root of the web server.

* Added a few more screenshots.
    * Any other changes in the log are more concerned with refactoring of code in the device trees, etc.

05/09/2016
    * Added new build server [Bilbo]
    * Added Viper4Android as the default equaliser.
    * In-call audio now working.
    * TWRP is now the default recovery [in the ODIN images]
    * [ G530FZ ] Fixed zram properties, added other low-memory tweaks
    * Enabled dex pre-optimisation [= Faster app startup, lower memory usage, quicker boots]
    * I dunno what else, you check and see.

01/09/2016
    * [ G530W ] The sleep of death issue should be gone on the latest successful build, and the device should be
    going into deep sleep properly. I have yet to resolve this for the other devices (probably in a few days).

31/08/2016
    * Fixed InputDisabler
    * Added qcom powerHAL (might hopefully fix sleep issue)
    + Various other fixes ( file access permissions, kernel tweaks)

29/08/2016
    * Initial work on cpu undervolting.

28/08/2016
    * Fixed MTP support in TWRP (if you use TWRP, reinstall it).
    * TWRP now shows proper disk free space information.
    * adb sideload now works in TWRP (may need to kill adb server and start as root to do so).
    * Added new device (SM-G530T1).
    * Added VoLTE support to SM-G530FZ (Still no in-call audio :( ).
    * Added darkness cpufreq driver (from Mokee kernel) to kernel.
    * Enabled ZRAM by default in SM-G530FZ.
    * Trebuchet and System UI should be working properly now (ostensibly it requires hardware rendering,
    which is disabled on low-ram devices by default).
    + There may be other minor fixes I missed here.

25/08/2016
    * MTP is now working (properly)

25/08/2016
    * MTP is kinda working (I'm investigating)
    * Modem is now fully working on G530FZ (calling, audio, data).
    * All sensors (gyro, magnetic, proximity) working on G530FZ.

19/08/2016
    * Fixed WiFi tethering
    * Fixed issue with WiFi and bluetooth MAC addresses (were not set properly at boot).
    * Added Samsung Doze app
    + Several other minor fixes and tweaks

14/08/2016
    * Kernel is now built entirely from source
    * WiFi should be working again on all builds

12/08/2016
    * TWRP recovery is now available (I will not bother servicing any issues regarding this if it doesn't work for you, it is included here
    purely for the purpose of providing a different recovery to those that want one.)

* There do not seem to be any more sleep-of-death issues (this seems to have ended the last build).
    * Over-The-Air updates are now possible, simply check for updates from System->About (after flashing this image).

03/08/2016
    * Recents button is now working (thanks @Has.007 !).
    * I'm not going to be uploading any new images because I'm currently working on getting the kernel to build from
    source, and (I'm occupied with exams and schoolwork in general), so no new images are going to be pushed until this works properly (I had
    to cobble this one together from a failed build on the custom kernel).

31/07/2016
    * Added a few tweaks concerning CPU frequency scaling so there should be power savings from that as well as lowered device temperatures.
    * Kernel Adiutor frequency scaling now works properly.

30/07/2016
    * The previous update was buggy and kept crashing, I pulled that one and uploaded a new one which should hopefully fix that.

29/07/2016
    * Minor tweaks

25/07/2016
    * Both front and rear camera work as expected now.
    * Trebuchet now displays the lock screen image properly.
    * Trebuchet now displays full windows in the Recent Apps switcher.
    * GPS is working

24/07/2016
    * WIP - I had uploaded an image but I pulled it because filesystem mounting was broken in this build.
    * I have pushed a new image, but something broke in the build which is preventing the sdcard from being mounted at boot by Vold (an
    explicit entry had to be put in the fstab). I will be reverting changes and looking for a fix so there might be no build for the next few
    days.
    * Mobile data is now working in this build, but phone calls can still neither be placed nor received.
    * System detects SIM card properly.
    * GPS is not working.
    * Rear camera works properly with the default camera app, however the front camera does not work with the default application and trying
    to switch to it will cause the app to crash and refuse to open.
    * Recents button is still not working (I had thought I fixed it but apparently it isn't working).

23/07/2016
    - Calls can be received or made but there is no audio (speaker or microphone).
    - Mobile data is not working.
    - Currently the system does not show the mobile connection as active, but texts can still be sent and received.
    * Screen brightness controls working

22/07/2016

Currently the system does not show the mobile connection as
    active, but texts can still be sent and received.
    * Fixed troublesome cgroups problem, meaning:
    Apps can now be installed on the device; and
    Apps no longer crash.
    * Minimal camera capability - camera image is distorted, and only back camera works.

21/07/2016
    * Wifi connectivity now available. [module has to be manually loaded - use adb shell su modprobe wlan ]
    * Bluetooth is now working.
    * GPS is working.
    * Audio is working (microphone, speaker)
    * Multimedia playback working
    * Sensors are working (magnetic, rotation/gyro,proximity)

21/07/2016

* Initial image created.

Known Issues

All devices
    Format: [PRIORITY] Issue.

• [LOW] FM Radio app is not working

Issue Reporting
    You can report issues with the ROM here on this forum.

Contribute
    If you are familiar with Makefiles and the Linux shell, (optionally Java, C, C++) you can contribute directly to the
    project by collaborating on working on the device and vendor trees.

You can also just download the ROM and report any issues and submit logcats.

Kudos
    • @Xenotoad for the extra build server [Bilbo].
    • ViPER520 and zhuhang for the awesome equaliser (Viper4Android).
    • @zim555 for the audio fix, and various other bits from his device sources.
    • @baran0119 who did some work on the G530FZ and on whose work the source is based on.

Screenshots
    In-call audio fix

@vince2678
    59995adec64b254786ef547f66aa28fa.jpg

Wysłane z mojego SM-G530FZ przy użyciu Tapatalka

OKKKKKKKKK, here's what everyone has been waiting for .... the magical solution to the audio issue.

Reboot into recovery and run these commands:

Code:
    > adb shell
    > mount /system
    > echo "ro.telephony.samsung.realcall=true" >> /system/build.prop

I had applied that patch from ZIMs repository weeks ago, I had just missed that system property, sooooo, I'll push some updates soon with the sleep of death fix, but other than that, the ROM is pretty much complete :D .

PS: I guess there's still the 530FZ camera issue, but I'm at odds as to how to resolve that, and I'm reaaally tired, I need a break for like a week, so maybe I'll look at it then, maybe not.
    This is pretty old now, and I think it's time to fully retire this thread.

For anyone who may still be subscribed to this thread but has not moved on; or for future users, there is a newer lineage rom (15.1/Oreo) in the Grand Prime development forums by me if you search it up.

Cheers!
    Wifi seeming really unreliable on 530T. Not disconnection or anything, but speeds and throughput are seriously inconsistent. Sometimes links or videos just sit there loading and have to leave the app/browser, come back and reload.
    Not my router as I have multiple other devices (android, iOS and PC) that can connect and throughput is just fine for those.

So I'm finally getting my G530w back, and now I noticed there are no download links anymore unfortunately. Is there anyone who can upload the 530w ODIN package and recovery to Google Drive or something? That would be greatly appreciated

What happened to download links are they gonna be backup

I'm back. Was a bit angry, tired and busy and the server was a bit too cramped so I took it down. I would like to use a bigger server, but that needs money, or a willing donor, and I have neither. (I'm not sure if @Xenotoad would be fine with having his server used for hosting images -)

There was someone who posted a fix for the FZ camera - can you reply to this and tell me exactly what you did and maybe I'll look at it soon. The sooner we can do that, the sooner I can start focusing on building CM-13.0 images.
    Thread has been cleaned up and the poor tormented, twisted soul has left the building.

Please do not feed the trolls! Do report them, please!

Cheers,

M_T_M
    Senior Moderator