nexus has LTE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

aa_chow

Mar 2, 2012
Toronto
I put my N4 on LTE only (*#*#4636#*#*) and did a network search....saw Bell Telus and Rogers....

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

comminus

Jul 29, 2011
Vancouver
Well snap. Now when I get out of the depths of limbo and receive my N4 I will try this on bell.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

aa_chow

Mar 2, 2012
Toronto
By the way, I don't have an microsim with LTE...only a nano but have no adapter to try it out....will try to test it with a Rogers microsim from a friend as soon as I get a chance to.

khaltire

Nov 24, 2011
Tried this on rogers. My area has OK lte coverage. Showed one bar but no data connectivity. Didn't say H or 3g or Lte or anything. Honestly it does show lte is active on that debug screen. Need to test in an area with a strong signal. Feels like its legit guys, the phone picks up lte but can't process it. Either its too weak in my area. Or its just not possible without an amp and filter as lg stated. Will report back.

rickytenzer

Sep 10, 2009
By the way, I don't have an microsim with LTE...only a nano but have no adapter to try it out....will try to test it with a Rogers microsim from a friend as soon as I get a chance to.

Please do. I'm on Rogers as well, and I would love to know.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium HD app

khaltire

Nov 24, 2011
Please do. I'm on Rogers as well, and I would love to know.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium HD app

Update. I can actually get 1-2 bars of lte but no data. I'm assuming this has to do with the disconnect between the phones radio and let connectivity some how ie they aren't in sync. Probably has to do with the splitter and amp missing as I posted above. You can see for sure LTE is being picked up though.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2012-11-22-20-40-48.jpg
    Screenshot_2012-11-22-20-40-48.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 1,972

ptesmoke

Sep 23, 2008
Cold Lake
Update. I can actually get 1-2 bars of lte but no data. I'm assuming this has to do with the disconnect between the phones radio and let connectivity some how ie they aren't in sync. Probably has to do with the splitter and amp missing as I posted above. You can see for sure LTE is being picked up though.

Do you have the right lte APN for Rogers?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

khaltire

Nov 24, 2011
What are the correct APN lte settings? I just have an activated lte Sim with an lte plan. I have the default apn settings that were automatic when I put my Sim in the phone. Care to share?

Currently I have:rogers-core-appl1.apn

chug

Dec 18, 2007
What are the correct APN lte settings? I just have an activated lte Sim with an lte plan. I have the default apn settings that were automatic when I put my Sim in the phone. Care to share?

Currently I have:rogers-core-appl1.apn

from my galaxy s3 on CM10:

Name: Rogers LTE
APN: ltemobile.apn
Proxy: Not set
Port: 80
Username/Password: Not set
Server: Not set
MMSC: http://mms.gprs.rogers.com
MMS proxy: same as the one in rogers-core-appl1.apn
MMS port: Not set
MCC: 302
MNC: 720
Authentication type: Not set
APN type: default,supl,mms
APN protocol: IPv4
Bearer: Unspecified

Last edited:

khaltire

Nov 24, 2011
HOLY SH*TTTT IT WORKS!!! us CANADIANS ARE IN LUCK AND OTHER BAND 4 LTE people! OMG WTF. i dunno if we should even share this info as google might patch it...

im working on a video now to demonstrate, i am on rogers HSPA which was getting 2MBPS down, switched to LTE only and getting 9-10mbps. it Shows 4G now which means LTE. it was the APN settings that did it... OMG this is amazing!!!

chug

Dec 18, 2007
HOLY SH*TTTT IT WORKS!!! us CANADIANS ARE IN LUCK AND OTHER BAND 4 LTE people! OMG WTF. i dunno if we should even share this info as google might patch it...

im working on a video now to demonstrate, i am on rogers HSPA which was getting 2MBPS down, switched to LTE only and getting 9-10mbps. it Shows 4G now which means LTE. it was the APN settings that did it... OMG this is amazing!!!

Holy ****. Is the reception affected in any way (because some "key" LTE parts are missing)? I remember that you said you were only getting 1 or 2 bars?

Reactions: jerryeight

khaltire

Nov 24, 2011
If it doesn't work in the US it doesn't matter... lol, J/K. We need more tests on ATT or other networks.

LTE on band 4 works on ATT i believe, same as canada, dont be so quick to assume.

currently uploading vid right now!

---------- Post added at 09:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:41 PM ----------

OK guys, video is here:

Will be up in 25 mins!

http://youtu.be/n0Ud2NZav6s

evilive27

Dec 22, 2008
Confirmed working for me on Rogers too!
By the way will I get charged if I have a data plan but a lte data plan?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app

KevinChaos

May 13, 2011
If it doesn't work in the US it doesn't matter... lol, J/K. We need more tests on ATT or other networks.

I'm on ATT and I could not get it to work, probably because I don't have LTE as a feature pack on my unlimited dats plan. I will add that asap and make sure I have the correct apn. Then I will report back :D I hope it works.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Premium HD app

TheSoupNazi

Aug 3, 2012
With this "working" on Rogers, can i assume it'll work on Fido as well? Also, I am currently on a flex data plan for iPhone. If I get an LTE sim card, will I be able to use LTE without changing anything on my plan?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I have managed to get LTE to stick as the default without needing to factory reset the phone.

First of all you need to modify the build.prop file and add this this line:
    Code:
    telephony.lteOnGsmDevice=1
    You may need to remove a line that says:
    Code:
    telephony.lteOnCdmaDevice=0

After doing this reset the Nexus 4.

After it restarts go into Settings, More..., Mobile networks.

A new menu option should exist called Network Mode. In this menu you can pick the default mode and change between then.

This should stick between reboots without needing to factory reset the phone. This will need to be done again when flashing a new rom as it will overwrite the build.prop file. This was all tested on CM10.1 nightly builds.
    Ok, ok. Somebody, now find that hidden SD slot !!!!!!!!!!
    Woot! I demand infinity thankyous!

Just kidding of course, but I assume you put in the 9? If so, then all the lines you need to add in build.prop are:

telephony.lteOnGsmDevice=1
    ro.telephony.default_network=9
    ro.ril.def.preferred.network=9

...followed by a factory reset of your device
    See attached screenshots.

Video is now live and up and running! Vid is a walkthrough for 5 mins about how I got it to work. Enjoy :)

Nexus 4 has LTE!!