Custom GPS Antenna THL W7

Search This thread

dragonfly14

Jun 27, 2012
just flashed to the latest version. so far. no changes. Wifi still has NVRAM ERR= 0x10 and im about to test my GPS.

narcis83

Feb 10, 2013
Google Translate
How long does it charge the battery with the phone in standby?
Mines takes 6 hours,but with screen on not charging.

dragonfly14

Jun 27, 2012
I used that one only...still itsays invalid

Sent from my Nexus 10 using xda premium

you need to extract the whole content to a folder and then you point to the scatted emmc in that folder
MT6577_Android_scatter_emmc.txt

oh yes, as a side note, the play store didnt work for my afterwards, nor did my google emails. its a good thing i have the original EN rom and titanium backup root.

Last edited:

Manan79

Aug 16, 2012
OnePlus 8T
Yes I did the same thing...extract whole folder and tried to point to this file....it says invalid format.

And also I have messed up something...the phone is in some half rooted state, i have super user , but i dont have root access, and i cant unroot or root again...May be the invalid format is related to this... .I dont know how this happend, I rooted my phone successfully and after tht i did do reset once , after which it became like this...cant run any root apps, but have super user .

you need to extract the whole content to a folder and then you point to the scatted emmc in that folder
MT6577_Android_scatter_emmc.txt

oh yes, as a side note, the play store didnt work for my afterwards, nor did my google emails. its a good thing i have the original EN rom and titanium backup root.

---------- Post added at 03:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:27 AM ----------

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1284544 i think i have sameproblem as in the link...

dragonfly14

Jun 27, 2012
What if you use unlockroot?
I don't have any problem flashing my unit so I don't know. I used both the manufacturer's rom and the EN Rom on needrom....

Manan79

Aug 16, 2012
OnePlus 8T
Tried unlockroot and other 3-4 programs, nothing works...unlockroot says chmod failed... while both doing root and unroot ,, and before rooting it says "ur phone is rooted, root again ?" and thn fails if we says yes.

The problem is very tricky...half root , super user cant be removed, adb doesnt work, rename, delete , nothing works on root... mount also doesnt work...all commands say permission denied. I read on other forums that the only way out is to flash the stock....but I also dont knw how to flash the stock for thl w7...

Apart from ths, i wanted to know , in order to upgrade the ROM from needrom, root is required or it is optional ?

What if you use unlockroot?
I don't have any problem flashing my unit so I don't know. I used both the manufacturer's rom and the EN Rom on needrom....

dragonfly14

Jun 27, 2012
Tried unlockroot and other 3-4 programs, nothing works...unlockroot says chmod failed... while both doing root and unroot ,, and before rooting it says "ur phone is rooted, root again ?" and thn fails if we says yes.

The problem is very tricky...half root , super user cant be removed, adb doesnt work, rename, delete , nothing works on root... mount also doesnt work...all commands say permission denied. I read on other forums that the only way out is to flash the stock....but I also dont knw how to flash the stock for thl w7...

Apart from ths, i wanted to know , in order to upgrade the ROM from needrom, root is required or it is optional ?

root isnt required it unroots it when you flash stock firmware.

try this one it has pictures
http://www.sendspace.com/file/cfat11

Manan79

Aug 16, 2012
OnePlus 8T
Thanks bro...I already tried this document many times...the problem is 1st step loading scatter file...it says invalid format ....is there any way confirmed to upgrade using phone only

dragonfly14

Jun 27, 2012
Thanks bro...I already tried this document many times...the problem is 1st step loading scatter file...it says invalid format ....is there any way confirmed to upgrade using phone only

just an update:

I Ordered copper tape, ill try to build an antenna for it but im not too hopeful. got this tape after i got a replacement.

i gave up on the phone. its back in its box, and for sale. XD
i went out and bought a real galaxy note 2 and i dont regret it. SO MUCH BETTER. worst part? this THL W7 costed me 325. Note 2 Costed me 550$.

Manan79

Aug 16, 2012
OnePlus 8T
Finally I was able to upgrade my thl w7 using SP FLash tool , aand manually loading the scatter file elements. .. but there are problems.

1. The new latest 19 feb firmware (Jelly bean) doesnt have any google apps and camera application. I m searching for workarounds on this, if any one knows, please let me know.

2. testing other things gps etc, wifi works fine.... will post if any other issues are there

dragonfly14

Jun 27, 2012
Finally I was able to upgrade my thl w7 using SP FLash tool , aand manually loading the scatter file elements. .. but there are problems.

1. The new latest 19 feb firmware (Jelly bean) doesnt have any google apps and camera application. I m searching for workarounds on this, if any one knows, please let me know.

2. testing other things gps etc, wifi works fine.... will post if any other issues are there

I had same no google aps problem. I used titanium backup root and restored the google frameworks and apps from the English rom

Manan79

Aug 16, 2012
OnePlus 8T
The latest update was very bad...in adition to previous errors..volume keys dint work so as the volumes option in audio setting...phone wouldn't ring when incoming call is received...

Apart from this noticed that network signal is not 100% sometimes ...in my ics firmware its always 100%

I reverted back to 26 jan ics firmware ...and installed gapps manually after rooting using unlockeroot....all good now except gps ...it never locks I still don't know workaround to this

Sent from my ThL W7 using xda app-developers app

dragonfly14

Jun 27, 2012
The latest update was very bad...in adition to previous errors..volume keys dint work so as the volumes option in audio setting...phone wouldn't ring when incoming call is received...

Apart from this noticed that network signal is not 100% sometimes ...in my ics firmware its always 100%

I reverted back to 26 jan ics firmware ...and installed gapps manually after rooting using unlockeroot....all good now except gps ...it never locks I still don't know workaround to this

Sent from my ThL W7 using xda app-developers app

i went all the way back to the EN Firmware available on needrom and used the FAT Scatter load file from the newest firmware to get around the error. that one has all the GAPPS

GPS i gave up on.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello.
    I Received a THL W7. it has GPS. the GPS Antenna built in simply does not work and i'd like to have some assistance or help to try to fix my gps issues. so far, i have tries touching a 20CM Long wire to the contacts and it made my GPS work, but i would like to keep it an internal antenna that can still give me a good signal. i am not an antenna designer and from what i've tried, if the antenna goes near the battery or the other antennas (wifi, bluetooth) the signal dies. and if the antenna is outside and away from the phone, i get the best signal possible. how am i supposed to make a good GPS antenna but that is flat and can be hidden behind the cell phone cover?

Thanks for any help.