[Q] Straight Talk AT&T MEGA MMS download pictures

Search This thread

jimmbomb

May 22, 2010
St Louis
Anyone knows what settings I should have to download pictures in MMS on a AT&T Mega using Straight Talk?

these are working for me, but it woll NOT send email using the data..
only wifi will send the email..
mms working fine though..
good luck, and please post your setting if you have found them already.. as mine may be not correct..
thanks..

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-03-06-10-03-09.png
    Screenshot_2014-03-06-10-03-09.png
    185.5 KB · Views: 608
Reactions: caguas56

caguas56

May 25, 2009
Fort Worth, Texas
good luck, and please post your setting if you have found them already.. as mine may be not correct..
thanks..

it worked on my note 3 but not on my mega. I'm getting only partial of the mms message, the rest is cut off. the at&t access point wont delete.
any sugestions?.
Thanks.

Last edited:

jimmbomb

May 22, 2010
St Louis
it worked on my note 3 but not on my mega. I'm getting only partial of the mms message, the rest is cut off. the at&t access point wont delete.
any sugestions?.
Thanks.
I woulnd delete the att APN then.
Just choose your newly created APN for ST.
AND.. when finished creating your new APN,
dont forget to "SAVE" it.
When in your new APN settings, tap the bottom left "menu" next to the home hard button.. Menu/save...
Then go back and chose the ST apn.
Put a green dot in it then press back back back to home.
You may have to wait a few seconds for it to start the new data flow.
Good Luck

---------- Post added at 04:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:58 PM ----------

Not to hijack, but I cant get the stock or Chrome browsers to 'word wrap'.
Any suggestions?
Thanks

Surgeman

Apr 5, 2007
Nashville
Sugarman.. your settings work for me for Phone and txt ONLY..
No data nor mms with your settings for me...

I get about 8 mbps down and 1.5 up.....It's 3g speeds basically...They state they have LTE/4G but I wouldn't hold to that one...I have never seen it yet...This what I would do...I would call and ask them if you're on the att.mvno or the tfdata mvno....If you have the newer sim on the BYOP plan..they tend to push you on the tfdata side...The att.mvno is for the older sims they were selling at get go...Also...check your mcc and mnc and see if it shows 310 for mcc and 410 for mnc...If it shows 260 for mcc that means it's a T-Mobile sim and you'll have to change the mms settings for T-Mobile...

---------- Post added at 09:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:45 AM ----------

You can also go here and put in your number and choose android 4.0/4.1 and it should also tell you what server you should be using...

http://www.straighttalk.com/wps/portal/home/support/apn#.UyxRMuXru_c

One thing I will add...I had the same similar problems with the mms on my GT-N7000 and what I did was added the settings and saved and rebooted the phone...It would sit there after rebooted sending pictures...but for some reason it takes the server about 5 minutes to identify your service and settings and finally it'll start pushing them through...

An another thing just came to mind...Under Authentication type set it for PAP and CHAP.And add default,supl,mms under APN type..Now down at the bottom set Bearer to Unspecified then save..If you have it set for LTE it won't work...Been there done that one...

Last edited:

jimmbomb

May 22, 2010
St Louis
I get about 8 mbps down and 1.5 up.....It's 3g speeds basically...They state they have LTE/4G but I wouldn't hold to that one...I have never seen it yet...This what I would do...I would call and ask them if you're on the att.mvno or the tfdata mvno....If you have the newer sim on the BYOP plan..they tend to push you on the tfdata side...The att.mvno is for the older sims they were selling at get go...Also...check your mcc and mnc and see if it shows 310 for mcc and 410 for mnc...If it shows 260 for mcc that means it's a T-Mobile sim and you'll have to change the mms settings for T-Mobile...

---------- Post added at 09:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:45 AM ----------

You can also go here and put in your number and choose android 4.0/4.1 and it should also tell you what server you should be using...

One thing I will add...I had the same similar problems with the mms on my GT-N7000 and what I did was added the settings and saved and rebooted the phone...It would sit there after rebooted sending pictures...but for some reason it takes the server about 5 minutes to identify your service and settings and finally it'll start pushing them through...

An another thing just came to mind...Under Authentication type set it for PAP and CHAP.And add default,supl,mms under APN type..Now down at the bottom set Bearer to Unspecified then save..If you have it set for LTE it won't work...Been there done that one...

Thanks Sugarman. ... yeah, I bought my Sim kit @ Walmart 3 weeks ago.
I used the att variant because I have the 9205. No LTE either because my hardware doesn't support ATT's frequency for LTE.
And im in the "tf-data" APN settings.
Good enough for the price.
Do you know if T-Mobile's no contract 50 a month plan has the LTE frequencies compatible with the 9205?
Thanks

Surgeman

Apr 5, 2007
Nashville
Thanks Sugarman. ... yeah, I bought my Sim kit @ Walmart 3 weeks ago.
I used the att variant because I have the 9205. No LTE either because my hardware doesn't support ATT's frequency for LTE.
And im in the "tf-data" APN settings.
Good enough for the price.
Do you know if T-Mobile's no contract 50 a month plan has the LTE frequencies compatible with the 9205?
Thanks

I know it has the 1700mhz band in the service menu...Can't say if it will work for sure...To access it...go to phone..and hit *#0011# hit your menu button and hit key input..Type 1..then back...Hit menu again and hit back again...Then it you should see a menu with phone control listed hit that and you can see supported bands etc...One thing...since the last OTA update and Knox was added...My i9200 won't go in to the service menu now..but before it would with this method...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Anyone knows what settings I should have to download pictures in MMS on a AT&T Mega using Straight Talk?

thanks..
    any sugestions?.
    Thanks.
    I woulnd delete the att APN then.
    Just choose your newly created APN for ST.
    AND.. when finished creating your new APN,
    dont forget to "SAVE" it.
    When in your new APN settings, tap the bottom left "menu" next to the home hard button.. Menu/save...
    Then go back and chose the ST apn.
    Put a green dot in it then press back back back to home.
    You may have to wait a few seconds for it to start the new data flow.
    Good Luck

---------- Post added at 04:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:58 PM ----------

Not to hijack, but I cant get the stock or Chrome browsers to 'word wrap'.
    Any suggestions?
    Thanks