80.6 KB · Views: 6,823

spences10

Jan 18, 2010
London
So much for that monkey glass

Sent from my PG86100 using XDA App

monkey glass?

Is this an attempt at trolling?

We all know it's gorillas glass and that gorilla glass isn't used in the Galaxy Nexus, anyway gorilla glass isn't shatter proof anyways so it would have probably been the same result

Sorry for your loss OP :(

oscillik

Mar 19, 2009
Widnes
Dude really?

and people are gona say now. oh its so fragile?

the iphone 4S only needs a drop of 30CM to brake its glass.

who the hell lets his phone even drop from that high.
i'm 179 CM my self.
and thats a huge drop for a phone.

Sorry I wasn't very clear with my wording - I meant that a drop of almost 2 metres is quite high. That's taller than I stand. The likelihood of me dropping my phone by holding it above my head is quite slim.

[hfm]

Aug 21, 2009
NYC
Ouch. With mine on the way from FedEx my heart just went into my throat.

I've dropped my nexus s onto a hard wood floor from about 750 cm and our bathroom tile from maybe 1.2m and I got away without a scratch. Sorry, I feel for you.

(does anyone else see the <br> tags Tapatalk is inserting in my posts? And where's my signature? Sigh...

Is square trade covering them yet? That was the first thing I was going to do before I held it more than 6 inches above a hard surface, check their Android app. I bought one for my nexus s. ;)

tamarian

Jan 19, 2010
Huawei Mate 20 X
Huawei Mate X2
@Tung_meister: The screen is not working, completely black. The multi-touch vibrated once. But the phone is still working, judging by the notification sounds, turns on/off.

For the non-metric folks, 180 cm is around 6 feet, so it's a high drop on hard floor. Found someone else on the accessories sub-forum who broke his screen on a drop on the curb.

Comparing the screen with my GNote, the screen edges seem flush with the screen, while the GNote has raised edge (not flush).

Thanks for the kind words, loved the moment of silence comment :)

Atreus

Oct 19, 2007
@[hfm]: 750 cm, that's quite an impressing house you have with a 7,50m high ceiling ;-) Guess it was 75 cm, right?

Apart from that I don't really think it's the height of the drop that matters most. It's rather the material it's dropped onto and the angle of the impact. Because glass is under a certain tension, you just have to hit the right spot or the right way to shatter it into a thousand pieces. That's the way emergency hammers on buses work.

Atreus

Oct 19, 2007
That's pretty much nonsense, right there. You cannot use the display when it's inside a case, and when you are using the phone, you can always drop it and have it fall right on the display. A case can prevent some damaga, but not any!

Faz20

May 11, 2010
Can we please observe 2 minutes silence.

:'(

I must say, I have dropped my HD2 in my bathroom a number of times and that phone is a brick and not even a scratch. So unfortunate man! Hope you had some insurance on it to get a new one instantly :(

Last edited:

justabrake

Apr 18, 2010
NYC
That's pretty much nonsense, right there. You cannot use the display when it's inside a case, and when you are using the phone, you can always drop it and have it fall right on the display. A case can prevent some damaga, but not any!

that's why case's have lips on the front so if it drops flat your protected

I had all the iphones and only dropped the iphone 4 hard in the park when my dog jerked my arm and it hit the ground hard but it hit on a corner with a defender case and not a scratch on the phone and a big dent in the corner edge of the case where the cement met it if it weren't for that case it would have been junk That thing hit HARD

I had seen my brother inlaw come in with a brand new phone make a cup of coffee open the box up and opps the phone went right into the coofee cup full of coffee and that was it LOL he had insurance but he didn't even have a chance with it

Last edited:

djtar

Nov 17, 2010
Im about 190 cm (aka about 6.25 feet) i could not imagine dropping the Nexus

Prime from my shoulder height

I cant throw it around like i did the mytouch 3g and g1 which both had no case lol

This is my third android phone and i shall treat it like my first

Moment of silence for the falling solider . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts