[RECOVERY] [02/02/12] ClockworkMod [5.0.2.0 and 5.8.1.0] ~Touch Version Added~

Search This thread

TeeJay3800

Retired Forum Moderator
Oct 31, 2009
Michigan
6844159CWMlogo2.png

All credit for this software goes to the dev (Koushik Dutta and anyone else on his team).

** Nandroid backups made on previous versions of CWM cannot be restored in CWM 5.0.x.x. So if you have backups made in versions 2.5.x.x or 3.0.x.x, you will not be able to restore them once you've upgraded. **

HOMEPAGE

ClockworkMod.com

DOWNLOAD

Standard recovery
Link: recovery-clockwork-5.0.2.0-glacier.img - Rename to "recovery.img" for easier CLI entry
MD5: a5aea82ec2ad7b836c9c179fce0d520d - To verify, use ManD5 or the below ADB commands:

Touch recovery
Link: recovery-clockwork-touch-5.8.1.0-glacier.img - Rename to "recovery.img" for easier CLI entry
MD5: 687998d5093878147256c10ae9e98e5a - To verify, use ManD5 or these ADB commands:
Code:
adb push recovery.img /sdcard/recovery.img
adb shell md5sum /sdcard/recovery.img

INSTALLATION

- Via the ROM Manager app (version 4.4.0.3 or newer required)

- Via terminal emulator:
Code:
Move recovery.img to the root of your sdcard
Start the terminal app
su (press enter)
flash_image recovery /sdcard/recovery.img (press enter)
reboot recovery (press enter)
- Via fastboot (ADB installation and engineering bootloader version 0.85.2007 required):
Code:
Move recovery.img to a location where fastboot can find it.
Boot your phone into fastboot mode
Connect your phone via USB to your computer
fastboot devices
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img

CHANGE-LOG

5.0.0.1 through 5.0.1.0
  • Backups now use tar over yaffs for everything except mtd partitions. Backup speed improved.
  • Backups now preserve the filesystem type at time of backup. Restores will restore the appropriate filesystem type.
  • New color scheme
  • Status bar when backing up working again
  • Backing up of .android_secure working again
  • Bug-fix: root no longer lost on rom restore
  • Touch version - initial release (beta stage)
  • Major bug fixed (recovery.fstab malformed)

I'm not in any way responsible if something happens to your device. I'm simply posting this as a courtesy to the community.

Last edited:

TeeJay3800

Retired Forum Moderator
Oct 31, 2009
Michigan
Was there a 4.0? I was still on 3.0.24 still, and now I find out about this version. does anyone know its new features?
As far as I know, the jump was made straight from 3.0.2.4 to 5.0.0.1. I have yet to see a changelog, but if anyone finds one, I'll add it to the OP. After poking through the menus, nothing obvious stood out, so it seems to be a bug fix and "behind the scenes" release.

Ace42

Jul 20, 2009
USA
Moto G Power
Motorola Edge
-From Mr.Dutta via G+
I've just finished releasing updates to a bunch of devices to ClockworkMod Recovery 5.

Major changes:
Backups now use tar over yaffs for everything except mtd partitions. Backups got way faster.
Backups now preserve the filesystem type at time of backup. Restores will restore the appropriate filesystem type at restore.

Please update to ROM Manager 4.4.0.3 or higher and try out the new recovery!

Troubleshooting:
Flashing issues: If a recovery does not flash properly, enable erase recovery in settings and try flashing it again. Recovery flashing can be finicky at times.
Bugs: Report them to me! You can always revert back to the older recovery too from within ROM Manager!

Last edited:
Reactions: vqt and saranhai

epolaris

Jul 20, 2010
Port Of Spain
I decided to flash the upgrade. The flash went perfectly. However, I can't boot into recovery while within Android. I have to power off and boot into the bootloader and then select recovery... Whenever I try to reboot to recovery via the Android UI, it reboots and hangs at the boot splash screen.. It doesn't even work if you select the option from the ROM Manager itself just hangs... I rolled back to previous version and its working again...
Possible bug??...

mackster248

Aug 1, 2009
Palmdale, CA
I decided to flash the upgrade. The flash went perfectly. However, I can't boot into recovery while within Android. I have to power off and boot into the bootloader and then select recovery... Whenever I try to reboot to recovery via the Android UI, it reboots and hangs at the boot splash screen.. It doesn't even work if you select the option from the ROM Manager itself just hangs... I rolled back to previous version and its working again...
Possible bug??...

I'm not quite sure if that's a bug. Since there's a lot of internal changes, I'm assuming the path it takes from Android to CWM has changed. So maybe that's why we're stuck at the splash screen.

But that's not too big of a problem. So far it's much faster than the previous versions.

bstapley

Jul 7, 2009
WOW! I just did a backup of my current Rom and it literally took like 1 minute! It's WAY faster now. :)

bstapley

Jul 7, 2009
Possible bug??...

I'm not having that issue at all. I can reboot into recovery using the power menu within Faux's 1.3.1 rom and it works perfectly. I can't speak about other roms, but just letting you all know that Faux's latest works fine.

coupetastic-droid

Dec 25, 2010
cali
This new recovery backs up roms really fast. With the old version it used to take my phone 2 to 3 minutes to back up. Now about a minute. Its actually kind of scaring me. I don't know if its backing it up correctly. I'm affraid to restore lol.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using xda premium

Ace42

Jul 20, 2009
USA
Moto G Power
Motorola Edge
This new recovery backs up roms really fast. With the old version it used to take my phone 2 to 3 minutes to back up. Now about a minute. Its actually kind of scaring me. I don't know if its backing it up correctly. I'm affraid to restore lol.

I posted the changelog on the 1st page.

"I've just finished releasing updates to a bunch of devices to ClockworkMod Recovery 5.

Major changes:
Backups now use tar over yaffs for everything except mtd partitions. Backups got way faster.
Backups now preserve the filesystem type at time of backup. Restores will restore the appropriate filesystem type at restore.

Please update to
ROM Manager 4.4.0.3 or higher and try out the new recovery!

Troubleshooting:
Flashing issues: If a recovery does not flash properly, enable erase recovery in settings and try flashing it again. Recovery flashing can be finicky at times.
Bugs: Report them to me! You can always revert back to the older recovery too from within ROM Manager!"

crawler9

Mar 30, 2010
Ohio
Any information on whether other built in tools such as sdparted were updated too? I have been having a lot of trouble with my SD card (I couldn't get it to format through sdparted because of some error I can't remember) and the option to partition your SD card through ClockWorkMod Recovery 3.x didn't allow to set EXT to a size of 0. I was able to partition my card the way I wanted through sdparted after flashing the new 5.0.0.1 recovery, but was curious as to whether there was a change within the recovery img that allowed me to finally partition the way I wanted or if the change was something else that caused my SD card to start functioning correctly.

coupetastic-droid

Dec 25, 2010
cali

"I've just finished releasing updates to a bunch of devices to ClockworkMod Recovery 5.

Major changes:

Please update to

Troubleshooting:
Bugs: Report them to me! You can always revert back to the older recovery too from within ROM Manager!"

just did a restore and everything went perfectly fine. thanx. :D

darksoul0013

Dec 2, 2010
Pittsburgh
I was just wondering that when I flash a rom and it calls for 3.0.2.4 recovery do I still use that or can I use the new recovery..I know it's a dumb question but just want to make sure

Sent from my virtuous doubleshot glacier using XDA App

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    6844159CWMlogo2.png

All credit for this software goes to the dev (Koushik Dutta and anyone else on his team).

** Nandroid backups made on previous versions of CWM cannot be restored in CWM 5.0.x.x. So if you have backups made in versions 2.5.x.x or 3.0.x.x, you will not be able to restore them once you've upgraded. **

HOMEPAGE

ClockworkMod.com

DOWNLOAD

Standard recovery
    Link: recovery-clockwork-5.0.2.0-glacier.img - Rename to "recovery.img" for easier CLI entry
    MD5: a5aea82ec2ad7b836c9c179fce0d520d - To verify, use ManD5 or the below ADB commands:

Touch recovery
    Link: recovery-clockwork-touch-5.8.1.0-glacier.img - Rename to "recovery.img" for easier CLI entry
    MD5: 687998d5093878147256c10ae9e98e5a - To verify, use ManD5 or these ADB commands:
    Code:
    adb push recovery.img /sdcard/recovery.img
    adb shell md5sum /sdcard/recovery.img

INSTALLATION

- Via the ROM Manager app (version 4.4.0.3 or newer required)

- Via terminal emulator:
    Code:
    Move recovery.img to the root of your sdcard
    Start the terminal app
    su (press enter)
    flash_image recovery /sdcard/recovery.img (press enter)
    reboot recovery (press enter)
    - Via fastboot (ADB installation and engineering bootloader version 0.85.2007 required):
    Code:
    Move recovery.img to a location where fastboot can find it.
    Boot your phone into fastboot mode
    Connect your phone via USB to your computer
    fastboot devices
    fastboot flash recovery recovery.img

CHANGE-LOG

5.0.0.1 through 5.0.1.0
    • Backups now use tar over yaffs for everything except mtd partitions. Backup speed improved.
    • Backups now preserve the filesystem type at time of backup. Restores will restore the appropriate filesystem type.
    • New color scheme
    • Status bar when backing up working again
    • Backing up of .android_secure working again
    • Bug-fix: root no longer lost on rom restore
    • Touch version - initial release (beta stage)
    • Major bug fixed (recovery.fstab malformed)

I'm not in any way responsible if something happens to your device. I'm simply posting this as a courtesy to the community.
    I still don't know how this flew over our heads. :rolleyes:

Either way, glad you provided every possible method to upgrade.
    -From Mr.Dutta via G+
    I've just finished releasing updates to a bunch of devices to ClockworkMod Recovery 5.

Major changes:

Please update to ROM Manager 4.4.0.3 or higher and try out the new recovery!

Troubleshooting:
    Bugs: Report them to me! You can always revert back to the older recovery too from within ROM Manager!

Major changes:

Please update to

Troubleshooting:
    Is there going to be a way to restore backups created with 3.* in the future or will you have to install 3.* if you need to restore a backup created with that version?

As per OP, yes, we have to flash 3.* to restore backups created with 3.*, but I would appreciate if someone can confirm this. I'm only concerned about stock nandroid restore in future for troubleshooting/unrooting purposes.