*** Firmware News & Alternative Install Methods*** Ver.10.6.1.14.8 date 1405

Search This thread

singalongjonl

Jul 28, 2011
Clearwater
Re: *** Firmware News & Alternative Install Methods*** Ver. 10.4.4.25 date**28/12

My update failed. My tablet is rooted but not unlocked. I still have the keep root app that I haven't edited since the first time I downloaded it a while back. I hit install update, it went through the whole installation of the update, it came back to the home screen after it seemed like it was going well, it came back saying 'update failed, it will go back to original format'.

Is there a way I could correct this?

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk HD

_that

Recognized Developer / Inactive RC
Oct 2, 2012
My update failed. My tablet is rooted but not unlocked. I still have the keep root app that I haven't edited since the first time I downloaded it a while back. I hit install update, it went through the whole installation of the update, it came back to the home screen after it seemed like it was going well, it came back saying 'update failed, it will go back to original format'.

That sounds like a failure in updating some database structure. From which firmware version did you upgrade?

singalongjonl

Jul 28, 2011
Clearwater
Re: *** Firmware News & Alternative Install Methods*** Ver. 10.4.4.25 date**28/12

Looks like I am on 10.4.4.18

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk HD

louiscar

Oct 12, 2007
update to .25 - everything is crashing

I just did an OTA to .25 and on reboot, I get constant warnings about everything stopping. I can't run anything as it simply stops. Anyone else have this problem?

I am rooted but not unlocked. I temp unrooted as I always do before OTA-ing. I don't understand why this has happened.

nadram

Nov 15, 2010

I just did an OTA to .25 and on reboot, I get constant warnings about everything stopping. I can't run anything as it simply stops. Anyone else have this problem?

I am rooted but not unlocked. I temp unrooted as I always do before OTA-ing. I don't understand why this has happened.

If you haven't done it, boot in recovery, Wipe Cache, Wipe Dalvik Cache. No need to wipe data.

Death to boring signatures!

louiscar

Oct 12, 2007
If you haven't done it, boot in recovery, Wipe Cache, Wipe Dalvik Cache. No need to wipe data.

Death to boring signatures!

Thanks for the tip, I wish I had tried that but I went the long route in the end. ie. back to ICS and then re-root and OTA. This time it worked ok so something must have got corrupted. If it happens again I'll remember to try your suggestion as I have a feeling that it might have been worth a try.

dchawk81

Nov 21, 2010

So far so good on 10.4.4.25. The browser even seems more responsive and less force-closey.

EDIT: Oh how short lived that was.

Last edited:

tricipitinus

Sep 22, 2010
4.2 update?

are there any rumors or even official statements about the timeline for jellybean 4.2 for TF700 ?
as far as I know the prime already got it - why does it take so long for infinity?

sbdags

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jun 24, 2007
Kenilworth, Coventry
OnePlus 9 Pro
are there any rumors or even official statements about the timeline for jellybean 4.2 for TF700 ?
as far as I know the prime already got it - why does it take so long for infinity?

Did the prime get it? I think you are mistaken....

Asus Google Nexus 7 already got the 4.2.1 update and it's pretty much been a disaster ever since.

FordPrefect

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The Tenth update for the Infinity is out 29/05 Version 10.6.1.14.8-20130514 4.2.1 :good: (Versions can be downloaded from the link)

Release Notes to follow

Direct Link for Download (link now live)

http://www.asus.com/Tablets_Mobile/ASUS_Transformer_Pad_Infinity_TF700T/#support

To Install the download file follow bellow.

Unzip the initial file you have downloaded. It will unzip into another .zip file actually.
    Now copy that zip file to a microsd card's root, and insert the card into your tablet.
    You will see a notification icon in the taskbar that there is an update detected, click that notification and it will update your tablet

Alternative Firmware update Method

1. Decompress downloaded .zip file (it will be another .zip)
    2. Rename it to EP201_768_SDUPDATE.zip
    3. Format FAT32 the MicroSD card that you will be using for the update process
    4. Copy the file to (the root directory of) your MicroSD
    5. Insert it into the tablet
    6. Shutdown (power off) the tablet
    7. Power it on by pressing and holding VOLUME DOWN and POWER buttons simultaneously
    8. When you see white text in the top left corner of the screen, release the buttons ^^ and press VOLUME UP button until you see Android logo and process bar
    9. Wait patiently for 10 minutes or so
    10. Enjoy!

Also remember that you will probably need to use RootKeeper to regain root privileges and reinstall BusyBox too (firmware update changes the /system partition).

Thankyou to d14b0ll0s

Right, I tried this and discussed it further with d14b0ll0s. I just couldn't get it to work.
    I already have the .22 CN version pre-installed. I tried WW, US and TW but none would work. Once I enter recovery it just can't find the update files.
    It's irritating me that I can't use any of the Google apps including the Play Store, and the rest of the apps I have are mostly in Chinese.

If anyone has an idea, I'd love to hear it.

Hello ...

download the update file (TW or WW or whatever you want) from the ASUS download page.
    You have to decompress the ZIP File. Then you have the actual update ZIP file (TW_epad-user-9.4.5.22.zip or WW_epad-user-9.4.5.22.zip).
    You have to rename the File to "EP201_768_SDUPDATE.zip" (Important: write big!) and copy the File to the root of a FAT32 formated microSD Card and insert the same into your Tab.
    Now, reboot into recovery and the update install will begin without any verification of Software Version. After the update, your Data and Programms are still there.
    I had installed the WW Version on a TW and it runs perfect.

I hope i understand your problem correct and could help you ... and sorry for my bad English.

Greetings Andy
    Is it just me wondering this, or why are they releasing a firmware update that updates Google apps?

Isn't that what the Play Store is for?

The only thing I'm looking forward to is getting Jelly Bean eventually :)

Agreed. I wish it didn't include G+ at all really. No intentions of using it.

You can however disable built-in apps!
    - go to control-panel/apps
    - select all
    - uninstall any updates for the app you hate/want to remove
    - now that app is clean/original you can click "disable"

App should now not be listed anymore and playstore will no longer search for updates on it (or atleast should not).
    The first update for the infinity is out version V9.4.5.22

attached the change log :D

it is the tw version at the moment the ww version should be out in a few days

++ OTA update to 9.4.5.22 now out for ww 13th July ++
    Firmware Update V9.4.5.22 for specific regions has been officially released:
    JP - Japan
    CN - China
    US - United States
    WW - Presuming for Europe region
    TW - Taiwan
    http ://support .asus .com/Download.aspx?SLanguage=en&m=ASUS+Transformer+Pad+Infinity+TF700T&p=20&s=16