Treo Pro GSM HardSPL Final Test

Search This thread

livix

Nov 11, 2009
HI,

my first post here...:)
so, I have a vodaphone (spanish ROM) , and I could run with the manual method this hard-Spl update. Now , I have SPL-0.59.CMONEX
CPLD-2 on my bootloader screen (3 colors)
This seems to work fine so far..

--> My final aim is to use it in France (WM in french if possible, but english would be fine too).
If i enter a french sim card , it is still simlocked , is this expected?
thanks for you help.

PS: if you succeed with me, you're sure that it will work for others ;-)

livix

Nov 11, 2009
HI,

I tried the manual way, I mean, I installed manually like in "note 2" the spl. have you tried so?

fowljr

May 12, 2003
That worked for me... I couldn't get HardSPL to flash, but moving the cable to another USB port did the trick... Now donated to cmonex...

NightRaven

Oct 9, 2007
how much have u downloaded ? and how long will it take for u to make a kitchen for us ?

I have the kitchen built, but I have some concerns.

1.) I have no way to test, as I dont have a GSM Treo Pro. So, I cant guarantee it wont brick the phone.
2.) There have been no official rom updates for the GSM Treo Pro, so I dont have a .nbh file to use as a template. So, I used the one from the CDMA Treo Pro with the GSM OEM and XIP.
3.) I have no way to test. So again, I cant guarantee it wont brick the phone.

Didnt Boot!!!!!

Last edited:

vladimir2989

Jun 17, 2007
London
is there any way u can make an .nbh of the official stock ROM so if it dose brick it, i could get my old os back..... or is there a way it can brick it beyond repair ?

palladium1

Feb 25, 2008
greetings to all of you...

ok, we cannot reproduce .nbh image from raw files... but in case the phone has been bricked, can we use some alternative from these itsutils...
something like pdocwrite ?

thanx for your good work!

vladimir2989

Jun 17, 2007
London
ok.... its f*cked ... the update went good got 100%.... congradulations... etc.... the it restarted and keep restarting....

NightRaven

Oct 9, 2007
greetings to all of you...

ok, we cannot reproduce .nbh image from raw files... but in case the phone has been bricked, can we use some alternative from these itsutils...
something like pdocwrite ?

thanx for your good work!

I've never used pdocwrite. I'm not sure if you can use it while in bootloader mode. Which is all we would be able to get into if the phone is bricked. Anybody know a tech we could get a service rom from?

cmonex

Retired Recognized Developer
Jul 23, 2006
Budapest
Download ItsUtils from here, and extract the zip.
http://nah6.com/itsme/itsutilsbin-20090515.zip
Connect your Treo Pro using ActiveSync or WMDC
Run these commands. The first time you run them, you will have to allow a dll to run on your device. Just follow the on screen prompts.
pdocread.exe -w -d FLASHDR -b 0x800 -p Part00 0 0x31f000 Part00.raw
pdocread.exe -w -d FLASHDR -b 0x800 -p Part01 0 0x3c0000 Part01.raw
pdocread.exe -w -d FLASHDR -b 0x800 -p Part02 0 0x4d40000 Part02.raw
pdocread.exe -w -d FLASHDR -b 0x800 -p Part03 0 0x6980000 Part03.raw

the problem is, I'm not so sure that 0x3c0000 and 0x4d40000 are the correct sizes, please use "pdocread -l" command to determine that!!

this maybe a reason why the ROM did not boot.

if someone can verify the sizes via "pdocread -l", I can build a NBH file out of the raw

cmonex

Jul 23, 2006
Budapest
HI,

my first post here...:)
so, I have a vodaphone (spanish ROM) , and I could run with the manual method this hard-Spl update. Now , I have SPL-0.59.CMONEX
CPLD-2 on my bootloader screen (3 colors)
This seems to work fine so far..

--> My final aim is to use it in France (WM in french if possible, but english would be fine too).
If i enter a french sim card , it is still simlocked , is this expected?
thanks for you help.

PS: if you succeed with me, you're sure that it will work for others ;-)

I did consider getting a sim unlocker done for treo pro (with Olipro of course). so maybe soon ;)

cmonex

Jul 23, 2006
Budapest

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    IMPORTANT: I don't have time waiting on IRC sitting on my ass, I need to sleep. so this final package wasn't tested as I don't have this device myself, but I'm pretty sure it'll work alright. again sorry for the delay, I was busy in life (new place to live in, RhodiumW, making a living etc... not in order of importance :) ). this release could still be waiting if I wanted to wait for someone to do final release test but I'll just let you try it.

--below text is copied from my PPCGeeks thread--

OK right now I don't have time for the final tests (am still without a device) but I suppose it works. let me know if it does.
    Update: it was tested at ppcgeeks and works. ;)

Instructions:

first, if you have GSM treo pro (NOT CDMA, NOT SPRINT/VERIZON/TELUS), this is for your device. it is for PANT100.

steps:
    0) if you have Vista or Windows 7, make sure you have latest WMDC.
    1) download Hard-SPL package from attachment, extract to an empty local folder.
    2) you must Have Phone Synced with PC in Windows Mobile!
    3) run PANTHER_GSM_HSPL exe from the folder
    4) follow steps in the program!
    5) it should go to tricolour screen now, i.e. SSPL mode, and show 0.59.C-SSPL. now follow steps in the RUU that's launched by now.
    6) SPL flashes, device automatically reboots, job done. if you get any errors, follow the instructions offered by the program.
    7) to confirm you got it installed, go into bootloader mode (tricolour screen!) and verify the screen shows 0.59.CMONEX.

NOTE: you will not see the SPL version during normal boot!
    to enter bootloader mode to see version: with the device turned on, press and hold the Camera button along with the Power button, then press the reset button with the stylus tip, then release the Camera and Power buttons when bootloader tricolour screen appears.

NOTE 2: anyone having problems with the device entering SSPL automatically or problems with USB connection after SSPL was loaded, please copy SSPL-Manual-PantherGSM.exe from the SSPL-Manual-PantherGSM_V059.zip attachment to the device and run it (device must be plugged in to USB). then once the screen is in SSPL, run CustomRUU from Panther_CustomRUU.zip attachment manually and flash NBH file from PantGSM_HardSPL059.zip.

NOTE 3: this is unsigned Hard-SPL. no limitations on flashing ROMs. also, this has overwrite protection, if someone needs to revert to stock SPL for warranty reasons, a stock SPL downgrade package will soon be posted.

NOTE 4: do not use this RUU to flash anything else! this is only intended for flashing the HardSPL.

[SIZE=+2]finally, if you wish to thank me with a donation[/SIZE], you can do so by clicking the link the HardSPL program offers, or here: http://hpcmonex.net/htc/pantc/panther.htm
    Hi my friends, my treo pro touch screen is not working any more, but the phone is working i try a reset and now when the phone starts it wants to calibrate the screen but it can't be done cz the touch is broke, plz is there a ROM for my TP that doesnt need touch screen, like the one that uses motorola Q11?

thanks for your help

I will make a ROM that has the calibration data already built in ROM using OSKitchen because it has an option to add the calibration Data. which build do you prefer?