[Q] Z2 Tablet Bootloader

Search This thread

Galcactus

Dec 19, 2010
Colchester
Hi all,

I've been considering getting the Z2 Tablet, but (despite the current lack of major ROMs and development for it), the deal-breaker for me is having a tablet which can have the bootloader unlocked.

I wanted to ask if anyone has got/seen a Z2 Tablet which has the rooting status set to "no", or cannot unlock their bootloader? I only ask because I have the Xperia T which came SIM and Bootloader locked and I cannot install custom kernels on it and I want to be completely sure of the fact that there is no chance of this Tablet being permanently Bootloader locked.

Thanks!

Peace out,

-Galcactus.

debenham

Apr 22, 2008
Firstly, the tablet has only just come out in some areas and it still is not available in most of the world - and we only just got root over the weekend. So roms/development for it is right at the beginning - give it time.
As far as unlocking goes - they 'should' all be unlockable - but if you are buying from a carrier in some countries they might lock it down. I can't see why any wifi-only ones would not be unlockable and in fact I haven't heard of any not being unlockable (although as I said it is only just released so there aren't a lot out there yet)

Reactions: Galcactus

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Firstly, the tablet has only just come out in some areas and it still is not available in most of the world - and we only just got root over the weekend. So roms/development for it is right at the beginning - give it time.
    As far as unlocking goes - they 'should' all be unlockable - but if you are buying from a carrier in some countries they might lock it down. I can't see why any wifi-only ones would not be unlockable and in fact I haven't heard of any not being unlockable (although as I said it is only just released so there aren't a lot out there yet)