[ODIN][UCLB3] AT&T 2.3.6 Gingerbread with root and CWM recovery option - Infuse 4g

Search This thread

Whizzpopper

Apr 4, 2012
Iowa
Is there a way to safely disable the CRT Animation in the Option C ROM? From what I can see from some of the mod threads, this mod is implemented in 'settings.jar' in Framework. Could I replace this file with settings.jar file from one of the other rooted builds?

Thank you for posting all of these. I really appreciate the work you've put into the Infuse!

T

tmease1

Is there a way to safely disable the CRT Animation in the Option C ROM? From what I can see from some of the mod threads, this mod is implemented in 'settings.jar' in Framework. Could I replace this file with settings.jar file from one of the other rooted builds?

Thank you for posting all of these. I really appreciate the work you've put into the Infuse!

Here is a easier fix. Go into settings, display, animations and pick no animations.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using xda premium

boom671

Feb 3, 2012
greeetings, I did option "c" and It keeps boot looping, Any ideas? Thank you in advance.

Pat

boom671

Feb 3, 2012
Still not working...."Rethink Possible" for a couple minutes and then the "ball" drops again. Keeps repeating itself. Even after factory data wipe. Any ideas?

Pat

boom671

Feb 3, 2012
It also says "failed to mount /dbdata (file exist) e: copy dB data_not prepared yet, please use UK menu for format and reboot actions."

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda app-developers app

boom671

Feb 3, 2012

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1345988689985.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1345988689985.jpg
    192.3 KB · Views: 328

fishjam

Aug 7, 2011

I am by no means an expert but something is messed up. The blue recovery you show looks like the stock recovery (maybe bad download or wrong one.) When I get in problems like that I erase what is on the computer and try again (double check that you have the right files and right instructions to follow.

Might try his other restore to stock, if it accomplishes what you want. I have used both with no problems but this one saves me more time.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1705260

Last edited:

sl4y3r88

Mar 8, 2012
Begniner Questions that are not on any Sticky threads

Hi All,

I have an ATT Infuse 4G, I had it unlocked.I wish to use "Option A" to simply root my phone, Can I ? I have the below questions,

1)Will it work in India, as that is where I live.
2)Where can I download the stock ROM from if I ever need to unroot.?
3)Will any of these steps get my phone into a locked state again ?
4)Are there any steps (that are easy to miss) that are required.?

I had a Galaxy SL and flashing that seemed a lil more simpler. Sorry to sound like a noob, but I just dont wanna screw anything up

Thanks

dj_chele

Feb 21, 2009
Screen on start has a distorsion colored image

Hello Forum i have been flashed the first tar file stock+root i did the procedure step by step but i have a problem
I made the proceess with the odin 3 v1.85 and all the process said OK PASS when i turn on the phone the samsungs logo screen is appear and after a distorsion colored screens apear (thats the problem) and after appear the att logo boot and the phone works normally

When i tray to enter to recovery the colored screen appear an cannot see the menu o recovery

this is the pic of this problem

maybe someone of yours help me

Sorry for my bad english
Greetings from Honduras

Attachments

• IMG_20120927_100021.jpg
    IMG_20120927_100021.jpg
    259.6 KB · Views: 110

qkster

Retired Recognized Developer
Apr 5, 2011
USA
Hello Forum i have been flashed the first tar file stock+root i did the procedure step by step but i have a problem
I made the proceess with the odin 3 v1.85 and all the process said OK PASS when i turn on the phone the samsungs logo screen is appear and after a distorsion colored screens apear (thats the problem) and after appear the att logo boot and the phone works normally

When i tray to enter to recovery the colored screen appear an cannot see the menu o recovery

this is the pic of this problem

maybe someone of yours help me

Sorry for my bad english
Greetings from Honduras

You have rainbow.

Look at the first post...under the FAQ - frequently asked question:

Read #1

Reactions: SIGMAxB

sivtec

Nov 2, 2010
Flashed option 3 and wiped data and cache and still bootloop.Please help cannot get into recovery

sivtec

Nov 2, 2010
Did you try three finger power on option to get into recovery?

Yes this is the 2nd time trying to flash.Just goes into bootloop with a voice that says something about "partition total time 10 mins"

---------- Post added at 03:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:46 PM ----------

Yes this is the 2nd time trying to flash.Just goes into bootloop with a voice that says something about "partition total time 10 mins"

Flashed option D no luck

Try this one instead. Has a working pit file you will need to include.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=27283140

[ODIN][UCLB3] UCLB3 Unbrick - Return to stock - Working PIT included

Then follow the link to the kernel packages to get cwm recovery. After this you will be at uclb3 gb and you can flash the ROM of your choice.
------
Btw, that voice is the voodoo lagfix file system conversion from rfs to ext4. You will need to leave that run for 15 - 20 minutes, otherwise you risk corrupting your system.

Last edited:
Reactions: qkster

sivtec

Nov 2, 2010
Try this one instead. Has a working pit file you will need to include.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=27283140

[ODIN][UCLB3] UCLB3 Unbrick - Return to stock - Working PIT included

Then follow the link to the kernel packages to get cwm recovery. After this you will be at uclb3 gb and you can flash the ROM of your choice.
------
Btw, that voice is the voodoo lagfix file system conversion from rfs to ext4. You will need to leave that run for 15 - 20 minutes, otherwise you risk corrupting your system.

I will try it out ty

---------- Post added at 04:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:13 PM ----------

I will try it out ty

Ok good news i got it to work with the link you supplied but now it loads all the way up starts doing the media scan then freezes and restarts

captivated1971

Jan 2, 2011
coweta,ok
looks like u had froyo 2.2 software and when flashed u flashed gingerbread but with these packages it dont have bootloaders, you need to flash bootloaders first, and as with all flashing is possible to brick.

---------- Post added at 05:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:57 PM ----------

id refflash again after doing all wipes,

sivtec

Nov 2, 2010
looks like u had froyo 2.2 software and when flashed u flashed gingerbread but with these packages it dont have bootloaders, you need to flash bootloaders first, and as with all flashing is possible to brick.

---------- Post added at 05:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:57 PM ----------

id refflash again after doing all wipes,

Let me try that now

I will try it out ty

---------- Post added at 04:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:13 PM ----------

Ok good news i got it to work with the link you supplied but now it loads all the way up starts doing the media scan then freezes and restarts

Boot recovery, clear cache and under advanced clear dalvik cache, then reboot. If that doesn't clear the issue you may need to do a full wipe and reflash with a new cwm rom package.

What was your setup prior to starting these changes?

Reactions: qkster

sivtec

Nov 2, 2010

No luck now it makes it to the Rethink Possible then freezes

---------- Post added at 05:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:12 PM ----------

Boot recovery, clear cache and under advanced clear dalvik cache, then reboot. If that doesn't clear the issue you may need to do a full wipe and reflash with a new cwm rom package.

Stock Froyo.

---------- Post added at 05:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:22 PM ----------

Recommend a working CWM rom package to use just so i can get this thing working right?

---------- Post added at 05:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:29 PM ----------

No luck now it makes it to the Rethink Possible then freezes

---------- Post added at 05:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:12 PM ----------

Stock Froyo.

---------- Post added at 05:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:22 PM ----------

Recommend a working CWM rom package to use just so i can get this thing working right?
Ok i now got it back to factory stock

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Good Job, bro.
    just wondered ... does enabling lagfix from recovery actually help with speed ... don't totally understand it, but I'm curious about it because voltage control only allows me to max out at 1200 (I was used to getting 1600 in other roms).

lagfix in recovery converts your file systems to ext4 from the default of rfs. ext4 can be faster, especially with some of the more popular tweaks applied.

You can get 1600 via a kernel that implements over clocking.. Check my sig for some options there.

No, lazy is guys like me that take all the hard work all you guys do and use it on our phones with barely any thinking required on our parts.
    Correct. This package uses the stock kernel. That being said is there any interest also in another version w/ Entropy's Daily Driver
    and CWM recovery in this format? I'll have to get Entropy's permission, but can do that also.

Sent from my SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

I was curious, mostly.

2 wks ago, I had put together a method to root the UCLB3 when we saw a spike in how to root this thing in the Q/A everyday. It consisted of a cwm-flashable that installed busybox and superuser, then deleted most ATT bloats. And then installed google talk video from the G-Nex.

To get to cwm, I had a Heimdall-1-click of Entropy's DD kernel. I suppose any GB insecure kernel would work too. Entropy's latest would be nice because it would also have HDMI and CWM recovery.
    After the kernel flash, you can boot into recovery and flash the cwm package.
    And then UCLB3 would be "rooted", busybox and SuperUser.apk. Plus some bonuses (Gtalk, Gvoice, Terminal Emulator and minus ATT bloats. :D It was painful but I left Facebook and a few others in place)

Once you started with the Tar for Odin, I made a Heimdall-1-click for this rooted ROM as well. What was odd was that I had corrected the vold.fstab for the external sdcard access, before copying over the factory.rfs.
    After the package was put together, the vold.fstab reverted back to mm2 instead of mm1 for the stock kernel.
    Odd...
    I didn't know if that happened to you or not.

Anyway, imo, I don't think you need to worry about another version with Entropy'd DD, I think most users should be able to use SGS-Kernel flasher to get to cwm.

About the deodex aspect, dman already made up a deodex version...I thought it was odd that others didn't use it. It may also be redundant too, but that's just my opinion.

I think the Odex apk do not make dalvik caches. Thereby, have a fast boot time and less chance of cache corruption. I've been using the odex rooted version with the stock kernel, and have noted an initial lag, but after leaving the phone alone for 20 minutes, it is pretty responsive and snappy.
    This stock rom is missing Lidroid's, Battery mod, and a few other things..but then, after you add those, lol..we are running vagabond, spartan, pharmnerd midagu's etc...

If anyone wants a heimdall 1 click... :)
    Mr. qkster, that anti-Odin talk has no place in this here Odin package thread ;)

And I've thought about making Odin packages with just the various custom kernels and CWM recovery. It would be easy to do, but that would be for another thread. This thread is for rooted UCLB3 packages, and for people who want to use Odin to get rooted UCLB3.

Honestly, more people need to learn how to use the Heimdall suite command line to flash kernels. If that's too hard (and it's not), we can point them to your Heimdall one-click packages (which you just did). :D

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

Yup, I hear you. Odin and Heimdall drivers use tend to confuse the beginners. I seen a few panicked when they switch method and ball when the device is no longer recognized when they use the same USB port.

But hey, we are all about spoon feeding right? :)

Sent from USA