[fastboot] l9 p760 p765 p768 p769

Search This thread

Lelus

Nov 18, 2009
Chicago
I take no responsibility for any damages incurred to your phone
Please use this script only when necessary

Here is a little script I put together to fastboot L9s with ability to flash/restore ics xloader and uboot (p760, p765, p768, p769) jb (p760)

*I've only tested it on Win 7, but it should work on Vista , not sure about XP and 8

Very useful post about installing the drivers

*Some phones may need a different timing, 4 seconds won't work, worth to try between 0 to 4s and see what works best

Original thread about fastboot
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2119090

It's based on wpark - [DEV][Bootloader] u-boot / omap4boot for P920/P720/P940 and its variant

update: file updated, mylk Thanks for catching the mistake!
update2: added p769 20f

Attachments

• fastboot.zip
    6.6 MB · Views: 91,948
Last edited:

mylk

Apr 10, 2013
shenyang
i think there is some errot in your start.bat .
IF /I '%INPUT%'=='6' GOTO Selection5 ( i think it should be Selection6 , right ? )

and here is my p1.bin an p2.bin . mine is P765 JB (HongKong V20D) . hope you can put this into your file . and may help others .

View attachment 1986726

Reactions: puntoazul and Lelus

cris7i

Oct 8, 2011
:( Tried the method in the link in the 1st post, didn't work. Tried this, still nothing. I get the same "unexpected 2ndstage response" error.

mylk

Apr 10, 2013
shenyang
is there somebody who has tried fastboot ?
how is the screen like of the phone ?
is it just a black screen ?
and why the cmd just go to the folder of "yours" then i cant find anything in this folder .
sorry for my nood question ......

Lelus

Nov 18, 2009
Chicago
:( Tried the method in the link in the 1st post, didn't work. Tried this, still nothing. I get the same "unexpected 2ndstage response" error.

Both work the same under the hood. Perhaps you've wrong drivers if you get same error msg.

is there somebody who has tried fastboot ?
how is the screen like of the phone ?
is it just a black screen ?
and why the cmd just go to the folder of "yours" then i cant find anything in this folder .
sorry for my nood question ......

#1 is just a general fastboot, you can put whatever (boot.img, recovery.img, etc) you want to flash via fastboot in "yours" folder - type: fastboot devices and you'll see if your phone is recognized
and the rest is mainly for recovery, ics xloaders and uboots work nicely with offline flashing method also several people mistakenly soft bricked their phones with omap4boot by flashing prada files which can't happen with this tool

Last edited:
Reactions: topeviva

donk165

Hi there, its been a while since I tried fastboot again, but I have good news. Fastboot worked on my P768 using this method, I selected option 1. Then I was able to send recovery to my phone and then root the phone using a flashable SuperSU zip! 'adb reboot recovery' takes me straight into CWM!

I have some questions though.

• Is fastboot permanently on the phone like it is on the P760 now? or do I have to use this program each time to send fastboot commands?

• Does this mean that I could potentially flash a custom rom to my phone now? I know all the custom roms out there are not for the P768, so I will get camera problems. But is this the missing piece of the puzzle for custom rom development/testing?

Thank you lelus for this great tool!

Last edited:

Lelus

Nov 18, 2009
Chicago
Hi there, its been a while since I tried fastboot again, but I have good news. Fastboot worked on my P768 using this method, I selected option 1. Then I was able to send recovery to my phone and then root the phone using a flashable SuperSU zip! 'adb reboot recovery' takes me straight into CWM!

• Is fastboot permanently on the phone like it is on the P760 now? or do I have to use this program each time to send fastboot commands?

Fastboot is definitely there but something doesn't get passed along during adb reboot bootloader or oem-unlock and phone just reboots instead of booting to fastboot.

• Does this mean that I could potentially flash a custom rom to my phone now? I know all the custom roms out there are not for the P768, so I will get camera problems. But is this the missing piece of the puzzle for custom rom development/testing?

I'm pretty sure* you can use Android Kitchen to replace these files in latest Cyanogenmod zip with ones from p768 jb and have camera working.

*i might be wrong

donk165

Thanks. When I find the time. I'm going to make a guide for unlocking the boot loader, pushing CWM with fastboot and rooting.

I'm not confident in building CM, but I did see another user who was willing to try but was stuck with a locked boot loader. Hopefully together we can get the ball rolling for P768 development.

Sent from my LG-P768 using xda app-developers app

Last edited:
Reactions: nh4Rdz

nh4Rdz

May 19, 2013
Thanks. When I find the time. I'm going to make a guide for unlocking the boot loader, pushing CWM with fastboot and rooting.

I'm not confident in building CWM, but I did see another user who was willing to try but was stuck with a locked boot loader. Hopefully together we can get the ball rolling for P768 development.

Sent from my LG-P768 using xda app-developers app

i think we need help from devs to port camera from official p760 cm to p768 maybe @markolino631 can do it for us, seen we had unlocked bootloader and able to push cwm using fastboot.

AttiqAamir

Jul 26, 2008
I got a P769 from a friend and it is total dead,black screen, no SW update or hard reset key combinations works, only can fastboot and shows a mirrored LG logo , on top right it says V0.5, but unable to flash x-loader, u-boot or recovery, always show the error "remote partition does not exists", i tried to erase the partitions with fastboot but still the error is same. does somebody experienced the same? they call this phone un-brickable ;)

Lelus

Nov 18, 2009
Chicago
I got a P769 from a friend and it is total dead,black screen, no SW update or hard reset key combinations works, only can fastboot and shows a mirrored LG logo , on top right it says V0.5, but unable to flash x-loader, u-boot or recovery, always show the error "remote partition does not exists", i tried to erase the partitions with fastboot but still the error is same. does somebody experienced the same? they call this phone un-brickable ;)

My guess is corrupted nand or partition table.
What did your friend do to the phone?

Last edited:

AttiqAamir

Jul 26, 2008
Well I don't know, he just sent me that it is not booting. Is there any tool / way to initialize the nand?

Lelus

Nov 18, 2009
Chicago
Hey I know this has been a long time to reply but since nothing is working try this command in fastboot

fastboot oem format

I found this information here
http://www.omappedia.com/wiki/Android_Fastboot
The website has a lot of information

Sent from my LG-P769 using xda app-developers app

Just heads up, the fastboot files are from lg prada p940 which has somewhat different partition setup but it's definitely worth trying as a last resort if nothing else works.

AttiqAamir

Jul 26, 2008
Thank you for your help, i tried as you advised but it failed it replied as

FAILED (remote failure)
finished. total time: 0.001s

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I take no responsibility for any damages incurred to your phone
    Please use this script only when necessary

Here is a little script I put together to fastboot L9s with ability to flash/restore ics xloader and uboot (p760, p765, p768, p769) jb (p760)

*I've only tested it on Win 7, but it should work on Vista , not sure about XP and 8

Very useful post about installing the drivers

*Some phones may need a different timing, 4 seconds won't work, worth to try between 0 to 4s and see what works best

Original thread about fastboot
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2119090

It's based on wpark - [DEV][Bootloader] u-boot / omap4boot for P920/P720/P940 and its variant

update: file updated, mylk Thanks for catching the mistake!
    update2: added p769 20f

Fastboot is definitely there but something doesn't get passed along during adb reboot bootloader or oem-unlock and phone just reboots instead of booting to fastboot.

I'm pretty sure* you can use Android Kitchen to replace these files in latest Cyanogenmod zip with ones from p768 jb and have camera working.

*i might be wrong
    Hey Lelus, you forgot to add the bin folder (adb, fastboot & usbboot) into your latest fastboot.zip

If anyone need to download and use fastboot right now, download and use this one until Lelus fixes OP
    i think there is some errot in your start.bat .
    IF /I '%INPUT%'=='6' GOTO Selection5 ( i think it should be Selection6 , right ? )

and here is my p1.bin an p2.bin . mine is P765 JB (HongKong V20D) . hope you can put this into your file . and may help others .

View attachment 1986726
    Hey Lelus, you forgot to add the bin folder (adb, fastboot & usbboot) into your latest fastboot.zip

If anyone need to download and use fastboot right now, download and use this one until Lelus fixes OP

Thanks, I've corrected it