[Q] Unrooting my S4 to send back to Verizon... please advise

Search This thread

CParker1987

Feb 24, 2014
So as the title says, I am unrooting my s4 to send back to Verizon. Now I saw a video on youtube that said I need to reset my binary counter. I have not flashed any custom roms or did anything else other than rooted it. I am unrooting a putting the factory firmware on my phone, do I need to reset my binary counter or is the factory firmware going to trip the counter? basically I am trying to avoid Verizon seeing I messed with the phone and make me pay 600 or so dollars for the new phone they are sending me.

jwendt79

Feb 6, 2011
Goldsboro
Should just be able to Odin back to any of the builds on these forums and be good if all you did was root it

Sent from my SCH-I545 using xda app-developers app

buhohitr

Nov 30, 2011
So as the title says, I am unrooting my s4 to send back to Verizon. Now I saw a video on youtube that said I need to reset my binary counter. I have not flashed any custom roms or did anything else other than rooted it. I am unrooting a putting the factory firmware on my phone, do I need to reset my binary counter or is the factory firmware going to trip the counter? basically I am trying to avoid Verizon seeing I messed with the phone and make me pay 600 or so dollars for the new phone they are sending me.

Boot into download mode and check the counter, if firmware=official and counter=0 then you all set to return,

jhasty01

Sep 28, 2009
With my rooted m7 all I had to do was full reset from within phone settings then let it reboot. After it was done I pulled battery, put it back in and turned it on to see no more custom screen.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using xda app-developers app

CParker1987

Feb 24, 2014
With my rooted m7 all I had to do was full reset from within phone settings then let it reboot. After it was done I pulled battery, put it back in and turned it on to see no more custom screen.

Yea I tried that the first time I was going to unroot... funny thing was when I tried to reset, it sent me to the downloading screen and got stuck there for as long as id let it stay there. but just to update... put the stock firmware on it through Odin and worked just fine. Just in case anyone else ran into this problem.