PLEASE help me troubleshoot my ridiculous battery drain!

Search This thread

spexwood

Feb 13, 2011
Before I begin, let me state that I have already factory reset countless times and reflashed my firmware at least 3 times in the past week. Neither of these have helped me at all, so PLEASE do not suggest this. I've been trying to solve this problem for a week or two and everyone has suggested this to me and of course I've already done it, so it hasn't helped me at all.

PHONE: E980
FIRMWARE: Stock 4.4.2 E98020g
BASEBAND: APQ8064/MDM9x15M

SYMPTOMS:
-Battery draining ridiculously fast (appx 10%/hr, but before my last reflash, it was draining 50%/2hrs!)
-Phone only lasts about 5hours.
-Android OS is consuming about 80-90% of battery, followed by Screen at around 10%
-Phone is constantly warm
-Phone rarely enters Deep Sleep (it stays awake 95% of the time).

TESTS DONE:
-As I said, I factory reset numerous times with the same exact problem
-I reflashed my firmware 3x, with same problems
-I usually keep auto-sync on, but the issue occurs whether it is on or not.
-There is supposably a Kitkat 4.4.2 (in general) issue where the camera will consume a ton of CPU resources and get stuck that way. I haven't used my camera much, but do use Smart Stay, so I disabled this. No positive result.
-Disabled the Google Now "OK Google" hotword detection. This helped reduce the drain, but didn't solve it. Drain went from like 15%/hr to 10%/hr.
-Took battery out of phone for 10 minutes and placed back in. Seemed to help at first, but after about an hour or so, it returned.
-"Recalibrated" the battery numerous times. This was done by draining the battery until the phone shut itself off. Then I charged the phone to 100% while the phone was still off. Once the phone read as having 100% charge, I let it charge for another 1 hour. Then I unplugged the phone and booted it up. Again, this appeared to help at first, but after a while, the phone began to drain rapidly again.

NARROWING THE ROOT PROBLEM:
-Both WakeLock Detector and BetterBatteryStats show "wlan_wake" and "wlan_wd_wake" as being the largest wakelocks.
-As previously mentioned, "Android OS" is consuming a huge amount of battery
-Problem only seems to happen when wifi is on, whether it is connected to an SSID or not.

OTHER:
I have narrowed the issue down to wifi but I can't seem to figure it out any more than this.
Both of the "wlan_" wakelocks are caused by wifi being on and I need wifi on whenever possible because I can't afford a huge data plan. My current one is 2GB/mo and it is shared between 3 people.

I noticed today that my phone drained 10% within 1 hour after taking the phone off the charger, and I was connected to my home wifi. I then went to work, but still had wifi turned on on my phone. At work, I was only connected to mobile data (but the phone was just sitting in my pocket). The battery drained another 15% within an 1hr 30min, and the phone was warm in my pocket (very uncomfortable!). I then turned wifi off completely, and the battery drain completely disappeared!!! The battery life was amazing in fact!

PICTURES:
I've provided some screenshots with notes. Please take a look at them.
I'm going to manually make the problem happen again and will upload new pictures afterwards. They will be of WLD and BBS. Any current info I have is tainted since I turned wifi off and the problem temporarily turned off too. I want to get only screenshots of what is going on when the problem is happening.

EDIT: BTW, the problem occurs whether my mods are installed or not (the mods used to remove the icons in statusbar, AdAway, etc)..
The issue seems to be pureply related to wifi and nothing else.

IDEAS:
Could adding a wifi supplement scan interval to the build.prop solve this problem?
Is Wifi bugged in this firmware? (This never happened on Jelly Bean!!!!)
Is maybe the "Battery Saving for Wifi" feature bugged?
Would maybe flashing the Jelly bean modem (e98010p) solve this issue (since it didn't happen on Jelly Bean)? If so, does anyone have a flashable version of this? <- I just did some research and it seems that the baseband (AKA modem) is the same in Kitkat as it was in Jelly Bean. Weird....

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-06-22-14-16-00.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-06-22-14-16-00.jpg
    235 KB · Views: 197
  • Screenshot_2014-06-22-14-00-32.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-06-22-14-00-32.jpg
    137.2 KB · Views: 189
  • Screenshot_2014-06-22-14-31-23.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-06-22-14-31-23.jpg
    165.2 KB · Views: 189
Last edited:
Reactions: Toledo_JAB

spexwood

Feb 13, 2011
These pictures were taken shortly after making my first post. I already had wifi turned off, so I turned it back on and after a few minutes, the battery began to plummet. I went from roughly 77% to 66% in just an hour!!!!

Just to make sure that it is clear, I have both BBS and WLD set to start recording data after the phone has been unplugged from the charger. So to restart the data collection, I simply plugged the phone into my charger for a few seconds and then removed it. THEN I turned wifi on. The data seen in the pictures should only have occurred between the time when I unplugged the phone and the time I took the pictures.

EDIT: Also just to make sure it's clear: All the data shown in the System picture is actually since I unplugged the phone this morning. I only posted these pictures to show any changes from the similar ones posted earlier.

PLEASE! Can anyone help me solve this!?
Or is this a major Kitkat bug!? (or ATT bug, or modem bug, etc etc).

Attachments

• System.jpg
    System.jpg
    233.9 KB · Views: 122
  • WLD.jpg
    WLD.jpg
    267.3 KB · Views: 114
  • BBS.jpg
    BBS.jpg
    266.9 KB · Views: 114
Last edited:

spexwood

Feb 13, 2011
After a full week of this problem, I think I just made another breakthrough. Unfortunately, I think it IS one of my Xposed modules, which is weird because I didn't think any of them would have a need to constantly connect to the internet.
All I know is that I just completely uninstalled the Xposed Framework and the phone started to sleep like a baby... with wifi on!

Now I just need to pinpoint the module, which I can do myself.

MODS CAN CLOSE THIS THREAD.
Sorry I created it and (mostly) solved my own problem. This happens to me a lot. I have a problem, can't figure it out, ask for help, then solve it myself. :/

Toledo_JAB

Retired Forum Moderator
Jan 16, 2011
Toledo
Sorry I created it and (mostly) solved my own problem. This happens to me a lot. I have a problem, can't figure it out, ask for help, then solve it myself. :/
Please do not be sorry for this thread :good:

Someone else may have a similar issue so we will just leave it as it is

Glad your issue is fixed

Reactions: mad_g

spexwood

Feb 13, 2011

Glad your issue is fixed

In this case, I need to be more specific about my solution then.

The problem seems to be caused by the module, Xposed Torch. It's still usable, but you need to tap the overflow (3-dot) icon and disable ads (it's free to do this). The module requires internet access permissions, which I was not aware of, and it constantly connects to the internet to stream the ads. This in turn causes the wifi to constantly receive data (thus the wlan_wd_wake and wlan_wake). When wifi is on, but not connected to a network, I think it forces wifi to constantly scan in order to find a connection so that it can get that ad data. I'm not sure why it doesn't just use mobile data though... unless it does and it's just more power efficient.

So far, I have disabled the ads via module settings and the phone is now sleeping like it should.
So if anyone else is having wlan_wake wakelocks of any kind, especially followed by wlan_wd_wake or wlan_rx_wake, then this means that something on your phone is constantly accessing the internet via wifi. FIrst turn off auto-sync, and if this doesn't help, then you need to uninstall apps until the problem ceases.

My phone is currently icy cold in my hand and I've never been so happy to feel it like this!

spexwood

Feb 13, 2011
Problem came back today. I've basically uninstalled every app now and the battery is still draining whenever wifi is turned on.
Under Better Battery Stats, there is a process (?) called dhc_dpc that's been running the entire time my phone has had wifi on. There are also the wlan_wakes too. (NOTE: IIm backing up my phone right now, so these names are coming from memory).

According to this thread (different phone and unknown Android version, but similar problem), the wifi driver may be bugged. They recommend doing a reinstall, but I've done this many times now and it doesn't seem to help:
http://xdaforums.com/galaxy-s2/help/dhddpc-t1246190

EDIT: I think I've found the culprit and while it is definitely wifi-related, it's NOT an app. It's the actual Android system constantly pinging the internet. According to my research, it's constantly collecting location data by using either mobile data or wifi and will do this whether you have location services (gps) or Location Reporting enabled. This has been described as a "bug." It was introduced by Google as a cool new feature, but it's implementation was buggy.

I am currently testing a fix to resolve this issue, but want to be certain that it's fully working first.
Just an an FYI, this fix SHOULD help anyone running Android 4.4.2 and experiencing high battery drain caused by Android OS. Even better, the fix does not require root, so anyone can do it!

Last edited:

Dec 4, 2011
have you try a full factory reset using lg driver to bring full stock rom back and not just a factory wipe from the phone

Last edited:

zamajalo

Jun 22, 2014
I had those ridiculous battery drains on both stock ROMs with xposed, but never found a direct connection with it.. So first, (if you already haven't), try to disable xposed completely and try again. LG's stock ROM doesn't like that kind of modifications. Also, one of the biggest problems I had with Kit Kat was Location services, so you should check them too.

If that doesn't help, check your apps and download stats, maybe there is something downloading or trying to download stuff.

spexwood

Feb 13, 2011
I had those ridiculous battery drains on both stock ROMs with xposed, but never found a direct connection with it.. So first, (if you already haven't), try to disable xposed completely and try again. LG's stock ROM doesn't like that kind of modifications. Also, one of the biggest problems I had with Kit Kat was Location services, so you should check them too.

If that doesn't help, check your apps and download stats, maybe there is something downloading or trying to download stuff.

It's definitely Xposed related I think.
I've disabled Xposed during some testing a day or two ago and yeah, battery definitely improved.
The only modules I have installed are:
App Settings
Enable BatteryStats Permission (just to allow me to track this issue. I installed this after problems had already begun)
Greenify (all Xposed settings checked)
YouTube AdAway

I have also been using G2 TweaksBox up until last night. I only used it to declutter my status bar and to enable the advanced reboot menu. (I hate all the icons in the status bar!!!). Last night I disabled G2 TB and battery life improved dramatically!
I can't explain why G2 TB would cause battery drain, but I did notice it doing something odd yesterday. I have the lockscreen off sound enabled in the system settings, so I hear the sound whenever I lock the screen. Well, I turned my phone on yesterday for some reason when in my car. I then turned the screen off, heard the lock sound, and started driving. 15 minutes (NOT seconds!) into my drive, I randomly heard my phone make the locking sound, but the screen was not turned on!! I wonder if G2 TB delays my lock somehow.

I switched to GravityBox[KK] today since so many people claim that it works perfectly on their OGP, and so far, battery drain is MUUUUUCH better than with G2 TB activated, but it still may not be as good as pure stock. I need more time to figure it out though. This morning, my battery dropped 5% in 40 minutes while connected to my home wifi. I then left my house for a few hours, but left wifi turned on on my phone (it's hard for me to remember to switch it off and on all the time!). The battery seemed to be pretty stable after that, but I can't explain the weird 5% drop, but I did receive 2 missed calls and a text during that time too. Should I lose 5% just from getting a text and having my phone ring?
It's now night time and I'm at 75% battery. This past week, I would be at about 10% by now or even DEAD, so I'm happy as heck right now.

I would LOVE to be able to keep using GB, but I now just need to figure out if it too is draining battery, or if everything is stable. I'm going to continue comparing stock VS GB tonight and tomorrow. I'll live with stock if needed, but I'm just very OCD about the statusbar clutter.
In GB, I only disabled some icons, centered the clock, enabled advanced reboot menu, and enabled the lockscreen torch.

Last edited:

zamajalo

Jun 22, 2014
Try with GB and post results, it looks like it doesn't drain that much... Unfortunately for me, I had problems with every xposed module ever tried, so I simply gave up and now I'm using another rom. I think that LG's ROM is problematic, especially if you use a lot of SystemUI customisations, like GravityBox does.

Are wakelocks from orginal post still active?

G2 Tweaks aren't even compatible with our phone (as much I understood), never managed to do anything with them. I assume that G2's SystemUI is too different from OGP's, so that may be one of the problem sources.

With my normal usage (1-2 hours of music, 2-3 hours of internet - wifi or mobile, K9 sync, viber, sometimes games, ~60 SMS and few longer calls per day), battery was holding up to 35, sometimes 45 hours. With xposed, barely a day, if I turn mobile data and sync off. I usually have a dilemma about putting it to a charger before sleep, there is alway around 60-50% of battery at the end of the day.

spexwood

Feb 13, 2011
Try with GB and post results, it looks like it doesn't drain that much... Unfortunately for me, I had problems with every xposed module ever tried, so I simply gave up and now I'm using another rom. I think that LG's ROM is problematic, especially if you use a lot of SystemUI customisations, like GravityBox does.

Are wakelocks from orginal post still active?

G2 Tweaks aren't even compatible with our phone (as much I understood), never managed to do anything with them. I assume that G2's SystemUI is too different from OGP's, so that may be one of the problem sources.

With my normal usage (1-2 hours of music, 2-3 hours of internet - wifi or mobile, K9 sync, viber, sometimes games, ~60 SMS and few longer calls per day), battery was holding up to 35, sometimes 45 hours. With xposed, barely a day, if I turn mobile data and sync off. I usually have a dilemma about putting it to a charger before sleep, there is alway around 60-50% of battery at the end of the day.

OK, so I just got home from work and today I not only had GravityBox disabled, but I also had the ENTIRE Xposed Framework uninstalled.
My battery is now at 30% and I was only gone for 7 hours!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is ridiculous!!!!!!!!!

*sigh* <- frustrated with this whole situation
Yes, the wakelocks are still active.
The top two Kernel Wakelocks are "wlan_wd_wake" (46.3%) and "wlan_wake" (46.2%) in that order. The next in line is "PowerManagerService.Wakelocks" (8.0%) and then "msm_hsic_host" (6.1%). This was since my last reboot, which was about 2 hours ago (I had to rebooted after removing an app that I thought was the culprit... apparently it wasn't).

Again, I keep Auto Sync on, but disablign it seems to not help in this matter at all.
I also keep wifi on. When at work, it isn't connected to a network, but I often forget to disable wifi when I leave the house, or I come home and forget to enable it and end up sucking my data plan dry. Nonetheless, I also did this while on Jelly Bean and had no issues whatsoever.

My phone is only staying in deep sleep less than 10% of the time and the time when it is awake, the CPU is running at full 1.7GHz! This is causing the phone to get warm in my pocket. It doesn't hurt, but it's enough to make things uncomfortable.

According to the battery stats (in system settings), Android OS is consuming 83% of the battery.

The biggest network drainers are "Google Play Services" (33.3%), something simply called "0" (14.8%), and a weather app. I had the weather app open manually not too long ago though, so that explains that one, but the other two I can't. I have no clue what "0" is and I have not opened Play at all today.

It's something to do with wifi itself I think, and maybe not a specific app accessing wifi. (?)
I turned wifi completely off about an hour ago and the battery drain has been stable. It's been like this for days too. If I turn off wifi, the drain is "normal." If wifi is on and connected, drain is higher than with wifi off, but barely. If wifi is on and not connected, the battery level plummets like a rock in a pond.

OH! One thing I just thought about and should mention:
Before I discovered that G2 TweaksBox was causing serious drain, I was on another battery-related thread in the OGP forum. Someone told me to delete the "libiq_client.so" file from System/lib. He assured me this would give me excellent battery life (which apparently it did not). So I did. Normally, I just rename system files so I can restore them if needed, but I guess I accidentally deleted this one.
Could this be causing the drain, and if so, can someone upload a copy of libiq_client.so so I can try it on my phone (after setting it's permissions correctly)?

Last edited:

zamajalo

Jun 22, 2014
Um, that's not good.

Check wireless settings, and disable "Scanning always available" if enabled.

You don't have a nand backup, do you? I have E988 variant so maybe my file isn't good, I don't know if there are big differences between them. I can upload it if you want.

It is possible that Google Services are messing things up since they are between top processes... have you tried clearing their cache/data? Also, if you have a custom recovery, clear cache/dalvik cache, maybe it helps. Also, if High precision location is enabled, try disabling it if you don't need that service, I had some problems with that in combination with weather widgets.

What partial wakelocks are active?

spexwood

Feb 13, 2011
Um, that's not good.

Check wireless settings, and disable "Scanning always available" if enabled.

You don't have a nand backup, do you? I have E988 variant so maybe my file isn't good, I don't know if there are big differences between them. I can upload it if you want.

It is possible that Google Services are messing things up since they are between top processes... have you tried clearing their cache/data? Also, if you have a custom recovery, clear cache/dalvik cache, maybe it helps. Also, if High precision location is enabled, try disabling it if you don't need that service, I had some problems with that in combination with weather widgets.

What partial wakelocks are active?

"Scanning always available" has been disabled since day 1
The only nand backup I have is after I already deleted the file :/

I did try clearing Google Service's cahce/data at one point and I think it helped for a few hours. It may have been a placebo effect though. I also di the recovery cache wipe and dalvik wipe with same results.

I don't keep location on at all since I don't use it. It's always off, but at one point, I did enable it to select the battery mode and then turned it off again. I did this mainly so that if and when I do use location, it would always use Battery and not High Precision.

I'm currently backing up my rom, so all partial wakelocks were cleared for now. Sorry.
I'm trying to reflash the stock rom real quick and grab the libiq_client.so file, then restore the backup and insert the file back into system. Unfortunately, I may not be able to tell if it solves the problem until sometime tomorrow.
EDIT: BTW, the only reason why I won't just start all over again on the reflash is because 1) I want to figure out what's causing this problem so it won't happen again, and 2) I don't have the time to spend hours setting my phone up again
EDIT2: Oh and every time I reflashed my ROM, the first things I did was rename/delete that library file and installed G2 Tweaksbox. And every time I had horible battery drain, so i'm really hoping it's due to the lack of this library file.

Last edited:

zamajalo

Jun 22, 2014
"Scanning always available" has been disabled since day 1
I'm trying to reflash the stock rom real quick and grab the libiq_client.so file, then restore the backup and insert the file back into system. Unfortunately, I may not be able to tell if it solves the problem until sometime tomorrow.
EDIT: BTW, the only reason why I won't just start all over again on the reflash is because 1) I want to figure out what's causing this problem so it won't happen again, and 2) I don't have the time to spend hours setting my phone up again
EDIT2: Oh and every time I reflashed my ROM, the first things I did was rename/delete that library file and installed G2 Tweaksbox. And every time I had horible battery drain, so i'm really hoping it's due to the lack of this library file.

Try it. I can upload file from my backup if you're willing to experiment with that, to save you from all that flashing.

Also, if you edited your build.prop and changed pm.sleep_mode and ro.ril.disable.power.collapse, undo that. It only disabled deep sleep state for me (had similar problems few days ago when flashed a new rom, mmc1_detect, suspend_backoff and some other weird things, so I even tried that)

Have you tried using another roms?

spexwood

Feb 13, 2011
Try it. I can upload file from my backup if you're willing to experiment with that, to save you from all that flashing.

Also, if you edited your build.prop and changed pm.sleep_mode and ro.ril.disable.power.collapse, undo that. It only disabled deep sleep state for me (had similar problems few days ago when flashed a new rom, mmc1_detect, suspend_backoff and some other weird things, so I even tried that)

Have you tried using another roms?

It's OK, I'll get the file from the flashing. I know it'll be a pain, but this may be safer just in case there is some sort of difference between the E988 and E980 versions. I doubt there would be, but better safe than sorry I guess.

I did add those settings to my build.prop as a test, but I was smart there and backed up my stock build.prop first and ended up restoring it a few hours later. It was causing my screen to not always turn on when I pressed the power button.

I have not tried any other ROMs. I prefer to stick to stock ROMs (or modified versions of stock... basically anything stock-based and not CyanogenMod or AOSP). I had bad experiences with AOSP-based ROMs on my old phone.
If I tried a stock-based ROM though, it must have everything working though. I mean everything: calls, texts, LTE, bluetooth, speaker phone, etc etc.

EDIT: OH MY GOSH!!!!!!
I just found where the libiq_client file went. I moved it to my internal storage.
Well, good to know I wasn't totally stupid and knew not to completely delete the file! Unfortunately I was still dumb enough to misplace it....

Last edited:

zamajalo

Jun 22, 2014
EDIT: OH MY GOSH!!!!!!
I just found where the libiq_client file went. I moved it to my internal storage.
Well, good to know I wasn't totally stupid and knew not to completely delete the file! Unfortunately I was still dumb enough to misplace it....

Better to misplace than to delete it, trust me :D

Post results.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Glad your issue is fixed

In this case, I need to be more specific about my solution then.

The problem seems to be caused by the module, Xposed Torch. It's still usable, but you need to tap the overflow (3-dot) icon and disable ads (it's free to do this). The module requires internet access permissions, which I was not aware of, and it constantly connects to the internet to stream the ads. This in turn causes the wifi to constantly receive data (thus the wlan_wd_wake and wlan_wake). When wifi is on, but not connected to a network, I think it forces wifi to constantly scan in order to find a connection so that it can get that ad data. I'm not sure why it doesn't just use mobile data though... unless it does and it's just more power efficient.

So far, I have disabled the ads via module settings and the phone is now sleeping like it should.
    So if anyone else is having wlan_wake wakelocks of any kind, especially followed by wlan_wd_wake or wlan_rx_wake, then this means that something on your phone is constantly accessing the internet via wifi. FIrst turn off auto-sync, and if this doesn't help, then you need to uninstall apps until the problem ceases.

My phone is currently icy cold in my hand and I've never been so happy to feel it like this!
    Before I begin, let me state that I have already factory reset countless times and reflashed my firmware at least 3 times in the past week. Neither of these have helped me at all, so PLEASE do not suggest this. I've been trying to solve this problem for a week or two and everyone has suggested this to me and of course I've already done it, so it hasn't helped me at all.

PHONE: E980
    FIRMWARE: Stock 4.4.2 E98020g
    BASEBAND: APQ8064/MDM9x15M

SYMPTOMS:
    -Battery draining ridiculously fast (appx 10%/hr, but before my last reflash, it was draining 50%/2hrs!)
    -Phone only lasts about 5hours.
    -Android OS is consuming about 80-90% of battery, followed by Screen at around 10%
    -Phone is constantly warm
    -Phone rarely enters Deep Sleep (it stays awake 95% of the time).

TESTS DONE:
    -As I said, I factory reset numerous times with the same exact problem
    -I reflashed my firmware 3x, with same problems
    -I usually keep auto-sync on, but the issue occurs whether it is on or not.
    -There is supposably a Kitkat 4.4.2 (in general) issue where the camera will consume a ton of CPU resources and get stuck that way. I haven't used my camera much, but do use Smart Stay, so I disabled this. No positive result.
    -Disabled the Google Now "OK Google" hotword detection. This helped reduce the drain, but didn't solve it. Drain went from like 15%/hr to 10%/hr.
    -Took battery out of phone for 10 minutes and placed back in. Seemed to help at first, but after about an hour or so, it returned.
    -"Recalibrated" the battery numerous times. This was done by draining the battery until the phone shut itself off. Then I charged the phone to 100% while the phone was still off. Once the phone read as having 100% charge, I let it charge for another 1 hour. Then I unplugged the phone and booted it up. Again, this appeared to help at first, but after a while, the phone began to drain rapidly again.

NARROWING THE ROOT PROBLEM:
    -Both WakeLock Detector and BetterBatteryStats show "wlan_wake" and "wlan_wd_wake" as being the largest wakelocks.
    -As previously mentioned, "Android OS" is consuming a huge amount of battery
    -Problem only seems to happen when wifi is on, whether it is connected to an SSID or not.

OTHER:
    I have narrowed the issue down to wifi but I can't seem to figure it out any more than this.
    Both of the "wlan_" wakelocks are caused by wifi being on and I need wifi on whenever possible because I can't afford a huge data plan. My current one is 2GB/mo and it is shared between 3 people.

I noticed today that my phone drained 10% within 1 hour after taking the phone off the charger, and I was connected to my home wifi. I then went to work, but still had wifi turned on on my phone. At work, I was only connected to mobile data (but the phone was just sitting in my pocket). The battery drained another 15% within an 1hr 30min, and the phone was warm in my pocket (very uncomfortable!). I then turned wifi off completely, and the battery drain completely disappeared!!! The battery life was amazing in fact!

PICTURES:
    I've provided some screenshots with notes. Please take a look at them.
    I'm going to manually make the problem happen again and will upload new pictures afterwards. They will be of WLD and BBS. Any current info I have is tainted since I turned wifi off and the problem temporarily turned off too. I want to get only screenshots of what is going on when the problem is happening.

EDIT: BTW, the problem occurs whether my mods are installed or not (the mods used to remove the icons in statusbar, AdAway, etc)..
    The issue seems to be pureply related to wifi and nothing else.

IDEAS:
    Could adding a wifi supplement scan interval to the build.prop solve this problem?
    Is Wifi bugged in this firmware? (This never happened on Jelly Bean!!!!)
    Is maybe the "Battery Saving for Wifi" feature bugged?
    Would maybe flashing the Jelly bean modem (e98010p) solve this issue (since it didn't happen on Jelly Bean)? If so, does anyone have a flashable version of this? <- I just did some research and it seems that the baseband (AKA modem) is the same in Kitkat as it was in Jelly Bean. Weird....
    These pictures were taken shortly after making my first post. I already had wifi turned off, so I turned it back on and after a few minutes, the battery began to plummet. I went from roughly 77% to 66% in just an hour!!!!

Just to make sure that it is clear, I have both BBS and WLD set to start recording data after the phone has been unplugged from the charger. So to restart the data collection, I simply plugged the phone into my charger for a few seconds and then removed it. THEN I turned wifi on. The data seen in the pictures should only have occurred between the time when I unplugged the phone and the time I took the pictures.

EDIT: Also just to make sure it's clear: All the data shown in the System picture is actually since I unplugged the phone this morning. I only posted these pictures to show any changes from the similar ones posted earlier.

PLEASE! Can anyone help me solve this!?
    Or is this a major Kitkat bug!? (or ATT bug, or modem bug, etc etc).
    After a full week of this problem, I think I just made another breakthrough. Unfortunately, I think it IS one of my Xposed modules, which is weird because I didn't think any of them would have a need to constantly connect to the internet.
    All I know is that I just completely uninstalled the Xposed Framework and the phone started to sleep like a baby... with wifi on!

Now I just need to pinpoint the module, which I can do myself.

Glad your issue is fixed