[bootanimation] Star Trek LCARS Boot Animation

Search This thread

HuskerWebhead

Sep 24, 2010
Omaha
slapstupid.com
Pulled my LCARS boot animation out of mothballs and it looks great on the Tab S 10.5. Thought I would share it if anyone was interested! I just renamed the bootanimation.zip located under \system\media\ to bootanimation.old, copied mine to the same location and renamed it bootanimation.zip. I believe you have to be rooted to do this.

Enjoy!!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8rwFdE8Ua0RQllWVTRZeXJxS00/view?usp=sharing

Video from when I had it on my ASUS Transformer:

DUHAsianSKILLZ

Aug 6, 2014
Columbus
Pulled my LCARS boot animation out of mothballs and it looks great on the Tab S 10.5. Thought I would share it if anyone was interested! I just renamed the bootanimation.zip located under \system\media\ to bootanimation.old, copied mine to the same location and renamed it bootanimation.zip. I believe you have to be rooted to do this.

Enjoy!!

I tryed copying boot animations to system/media. There's no boot animation zip or anything. Even when I try to copy it looks, it still shows the same Samsung logo. How did you manage to do this? I thought Samsung had different ways of doing boot animations! Help! Thanks though or for sharing this! Is there anyway to make a flash able zip?

Sent from SMT800 using Tapatalk.
-Helper around Tab S forums√
Active Everyday√

HuskerWebhead

Sep 24, 2010
Omaha
slapstupid.com
I tryed copying boot animations to system/media. There's no boot animation zip or anything. Even when I try to copy it looks, it still shows the same Samsung logo. How did you manage to do this? I thought Samsung had different ways of doing boot animations! Help! Thanks though or for sharing this! Is there anyway to make a flash able zip?

Active Everyday√

You have to find where your current bootanimation.zip is on your device. Depends on the software or ROM you're currently running. It might also be under \data\media. I'm not skilled enough to put things into flashable zips yet, but I'm working on it. If someone else wants to take my animation and do that, go for it!

DUHAsianSKILLZ

Aug 6, 2014
Columbus
You have to find where your current bootanimation.zip is on your device. Depends on the software or ROM you're currently running. It might also be under \data\media. I'm not skilled enough to put things into flashable zips yet, but I'm working on it. If someone else wants to take my animation and do that, go for it!
Did you put it on your tab S? I'll look into those folders to see if I can find boot animation zip.

Active Everyday√

b00mb00mchuck

Jul 16, 2012
Right here... Right now
Sounds like somebody didn't really try this out first...

Samsung doesn't use bootanimation.zip anymore and hasn't for a while now...

The file you are looking for is system/media/bootsamsung.qmg ... a zip won't work there ... you will need a proper .qmg boot file that's made compatible with samsung ... they have craploads if these on the Galaxy Note 3 forum ... if you look for the ones in landscape mode they work ok but the resolution on some of them is blown out due to screen sizing.

click here for 180+ qmg boots from user KachowPow

I'm using the Iron Man .qmg right now and it works .

DUHAsianSKILLZ

Aug 6, 2014
Columbus

The file you are looking for is system/media/bootsamsung.qmg ... a zip won't work there ... you will need a proper .qmg boot file that's made compatible with samsung ... they have craploads if these on the Galaxy Note 3 forum ... if you look for the ones in landscape mode they work ok but the resolution on some of them is blown out due to screen sizing.

Thank you! That's what I thought too. I only saw the qmg file and no zips.

Active Everyday√

HuskerWebhead

Sep 24, 2010
Omaha
slapstupid.com

To be fair, I DID try this out on my own Tab S, I'm just using a CyanogenMod ROM so the .zip does still work for those. But, I wasn't aware that stock Samsung doesn't use the .zip anymore....good to know.

DUHAsianSKILLZ

Aug 6, 2014
Columbus
To be fair, I DID try this out on my own Tab S, I'm just using a CyanogenMod ROM so the .zip does still work for those. But, I wasn't aware that stock Samsung doesn't use the .zip anymore....good to know.
Do you know any threads with installers in it? I did have cm11 but I install a custom kernel on stock and battery life improved. I trued installing a custom boot animation before but ended up with no animations. I don't wanna mess this up again. Thank you in advance.

Active Everyday√

b00mb00mchuck

Jul 16, 2012
Right here... Right now
Do you know any threads with installers in it? I did have cm11 but I install a custom kernel on stock and battery life improved. I trued installing a custom boot animation before but ended up with no animations. I don't wanna mess this up again. Thank you in advance.

If you are using a rom that accepts a bootanimation.zip file... just download JRummy's ROM Toolbox app from the playstore....

It has the function to inject a bootanimation.zip in the proper directory and change the permissions for you... and it has a bazillion bootanimations to choose from...

JRummy's ROM Toolbox app link to playstore

Instructions on how to use ROM Toolbox for bootanimation.zip install...

Last edited:
Reactions: DUHAsianSKILLZ

DUHAsianSKILLZ

Aug 6, 2014
Columbus
If you are using a rom that accepts a bootanimation.zip file... just download JRummy's ROM Toolbox app from the playstore....

It has the function to inject a bootanimation.zip in the proper directory and change the permissions for you... and it has a bazillion bootanimations to choose from...

JRummy's ROM Toolbox app link to playstore

Instructions on how to use ROM Toolbox for bootanimation.zip install...

Thank you! I followed the thread you linked to and it actually worked! Just had to rename and copy!

DUHAsianSKILLZ

Aug 6, 2014
Columbus

Enjoy!!

Hi its been a while since you posted this and since then I have now learned how to convert it to qmg format. Do you mind if I can use this in a rom as long I give credit. Also, who created this? Thank you.

Reactions: HuskerWebhead

HuskerWebhead

Sep 24, 2010
Omaha
slapstupid.com
Hi its been a while since you posted this and since then I have now learned how to convert it to qmg format. Do you mind if I can use this in a rom as long I give credit. Also, who created this? Thank you.

No problem! Go ahead and use it. I originally created it a long time ago for the ASUS Transformer. Thanks for asking in advance!

DUHAsianSKILLZ

Aug 6, 2014
Columbus
No problem! Go ahead and use it. I originally created it a long time ago for the ASUS Transformer. Thanks for asking in advance!

Ok Thank you! Whats the resolution of the bootanimation/screen size? Ive been trying to figure out how to scale bootanimations to fit our screen size. If you can help/direct a way to do so would be great. My prediction is that the bootanimation could work with our screen size but Im unsure as I still need to convert it. Thank you!

HuskerWebhead

Sep 24, 2010
Omaha
slapstupid.com
Ok Thank you! Whats the resolution of the bootanimation/screen size? Ive been trying to figure out how to scale bootanimations to fit our screen size. If you can help/direct a way to do so would be great. My prediction is that the bootanimation could work with our screen size but Im unsure as I still need to convert it. Thank you!

Try 2560x1600. That's the resolution I had it set as the desc.txt file.

j1gga84

Jun 21, 2012
Bremen
www.android-hilfe.de

If you are ready with this bootanimation, would you mind to share it? Because I also don't like the stock Samsung bootlogo and I am a big fan of Star Trek :fingers-crossed:

thanks and regards

DUHAsianSKILLZ

Aug 6, 2014
Columbus
If you are ready with this bootanimation, would you mind to share it? Because I also don't like the stock Samsung bootlogo and I am a big fan of Star Trek :fingers-crossed:

thanks and regards

I will convert it on the weekend. If it all goes well. I currently have exams but in return, I get monday and tuesday off because of MLK day and teacher meetings on tuesday. Hopefully i can fix the resolution

Reactions: j1gga84

DUHAsianSKILLZ

Aug 6, 2014
Columbus
As requested... Links: https://mega.co.nz/#F!D1BDTRKJ!x1n5EBuwRai-seX4Vs7A2g Just copy the qmgs over to system>media and replace those qmg. I have ported the zip to fit for the tab s 10.5 SMT-80x. Thanks to HuskerWebhead for sharing the bootanimation and helping me fix the resolution. Enjoy! Note: Only for samsung based roms only!
2M0DBjY.jpg

j1gga84

Jun 21, 2012
Bremen
www.android-hilfe.de
@DUHAsianSKILLZ

Many thanks for your work, appreciate it very much and it works very well :good:
btw. is there a possibility to change shutdown animation? Or can I just remove the shutdown qmb file to remove the samsung logo or will I get an error?

Sorry for litte OT ;)

regards

DUHAsianSKILLZ

Aug 6, 2014
Columbus
@DUHAsianSKILLZ

Many thanks for your work, appreciate it very much and it works very well :good:
btw. is there a possibility to change shutdown animation? Or can I just remove the shutdown qmb file to remove the samsung logo or will I get an error?

Sorry for litte OT ;)

regards

I can change the shutdown animation. I will think of something since I dont really know what the real shutdown animation is on the star trek one. Stay tuned :)

Reactions: j1gga84

Top Liked Posts